Is .5-1lb lean body mass possible with just a clean bulk?

JayRock

Awards
I'm 28 years old, 6'3'', 214lbs around 13%bf. I'd like to stay around the bf% I am now but add a good 10lbs of lean mass by this summer. The problem is I've become hooked on all types of supplements etc. I've used so many DS/PH's in the past, is this goal even possible without them? I read about IGF and cutting edge new supplements like Ostarine etc, and see that people gain around 10lbs without any extra fat in less than 8 weeks time, and I wonder how much mass can I plan on gaining if I only trust in hard work with training and diet, around 4200 calories per day for me to start. I've been training now for over 10 years, and my original goal was to be 225-230lbs lean (12-13%bf), and after slacking off on proper diet and training, i've trusted in all types of supplements for too long. At my age and my history of usage, is this goal of a clean bulk within that amount of time even possible? I will be taking GHRP-6 just to help with my appetite which is tiny now. What do u think?

drinkyboy

Awards
  • Established
May I ask why you want to add 10# by summer? Is it for a sport or just because you want to add muscle? I would say if you want this goal to become a reality, you MUST get your eatting habits in line. I think if you want it bad enough, you can do it! I wasnt expecting this because it says .5-1 lb lbm in the title...might want to change that.

JayRock

Awards
it's because like I said I've always wanted to be around 225-230lbs and lean, I have the leaness I like now, but I would like more mass without the increased bodyfat. So is .5-1lbs per week of lean mass possible with a legit diet plan? I have been following a very good diet plan to the T for this past week and it's been working well so far, but its only been a week. But is this goal possible without taking anything hormonal/anabolic? I'm very tempted to try something like Ostarine with my bulk for it's ability to cut bf% while increasing lean mass without some users changing their diets. But with me, my diet now is my foundation I want to build everything on bc i've never followed a strict legit clean bulk diet ever.

omni

omni

Awards
  • Established
I think you should be able to get close if you try hard. You need to focus more on protein intake than total calories while planning your diet. Once you calculate your protein per meal then adjust your carbs to get your calories. If your having trouble getting all of your calories, add a shot or two of olive oil in the evening.
What type of training are you doing?

JayRock

Awards
pretty much standard in 1 muscle group trained 1x/week, I do more sets and reps with trouble areas like shoulders and triceps. Sets around 4 rep range always 8-10 reps. I'm an Ecto-Meso, with tiny joints but naturally broad shoulders and thin waist. I do HIIT cardio 2-3x/week as well. I'm looking into ways that I can switch it up a little with my training. I use supersets for antagonist groups like bis and tris alot, and drop sets for bis, tris, and delts, all on machines, too. I'll typically one of those once every two weeks now.

blackcj7

blackcj7

Awards
order liquid egg whites from egg whites international drink 3-5 times a day and you will gain weight
I ordered a 4 gallon case years ago when I was concentrating on back width ended up gaining a good amount of solid lean mass
now I just don't have the money to mess with it