Best Supplement for Lean Muscle Gain?

2 Real

Banned
Awards
  • Established
My body mass is already good...now i want to gain pure muscle from here on. A guy recommended isolate protein, but i want to hear some name brands and the type of protein. I dont need to bulk anymore...just want the muscle. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

drinkyboy

Awards
  • Established
I have always loved VP2 by AST. Its a bit pricey but the quality is paramount. Other people might have some suggestions also but i have not found another isolate that works like VP2.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
honestly, i dont consider protein a supplement. u dont really need protein powder if u eat it. but i use it. IMO, best supplement on the market is Prime by USP labs. Best protein powder is ISO MASS for bulking. Best pure protein powder: 100% Whey

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
My body mass is already good...now i want to gain pure muscle from here on. A guy recommended isolate protein, but i want to hear some name brands and the type of protein. I dont need to bulk anymore...just want the muscle. Any advice is greatly appreciated.
Unless i'm understanding this wrong, you've gained a bunch of mass where a bunch of it is fat, and now you want to lose fat while gaining muscle. Its not that simple, and no supplement will do it. It requires rigid control of diet + workouts to manage that.

Bionic

Bionic

Awards
  • Established
Unless i'm understanding this wrong, you've gained a bunch of mass where a bunch of it is fat, and now you want to lose fat while gaining muscle. Its not that simple, and no supplement will do it. It requires rigid control of diet + workouts to manage that.
Preach on, Brother Easy! :whip:

2 Real

Banned
Awards
  • Established
No, i am 200lbs right now...and im still wearing the same pants from when i was 140lbs. I have a strong bulky look (not fat) but i am just trying to get ripped now. The next lbs gained from here on...i want to be nuthin but muscle...no more bulking. My friend said eat less..but keep liftin the same weights...idk

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
No, i am 200lbs right now...and im still wearing the same pants from when i was 140lbs. I have a strong bulky look (not fat) but i am just trying to get ripped now. The next lbs gained from here on...i want to be nuthin but muscle...no more bulking. My friend said eat less..but keep liftin the same weights...idk
Maybe pictures would help, but i'm basically still hearing the same thing - that overall you reached the size you wanted to reach, and would like to stay that size and weight while dropping fat. So you want to drop fat, while gaining muscle. And that is a very difficult and slow task. Its far better to work on a slow fat loss now, then once you are as lean as you want to be slowly build muscle again without adding fat.

2 Real

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I know that u need to eat alot in order to feed your muscles...and i tried not eating much while lifting weights...and i noticed a loss in strength....maybe i should keep eating, liftin, and maybe add a run at the park, into my routine. i did a cycle of Sdrol one time, and a month later, i looked like Jay Cutler's younger brother. i've kept about 80% of my gains....but the way it made me look soo ripped...it was unbelievable. i've decided to stay natural from here on tho. Currently drinking regular Whey protein.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Definitely keep in mind that eating + working out for strength is quite a bit different than eating + working out for aesthetics.

2 Real

Banned
Awards
  • Established
so instead of eating 3500 calories per day I would only have to eat 2000ish just to maintain weight but eat extra protein and keep working out in order to start putting on muscle without extra fat?

2 Real

Banned
Awards
  • Established
It took me a loong time to reach 200lbs..and i dont wanna go back down...i just wanna start building up from here.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You either want to gain muscle or you want to cut.

Either way, you only need the basic staples - everything else is going to be primarily dependent on your NUTRITION and training.

You're going to gain SOME fat if you gain muscle - how much depends on your nutritional method.

...i'm basically still hearing the same thing - that overall you reached the size you wanted to reach, and would like to stay that size and weight while dropping fat. So you want to drop fat, while gaining muscle. And that is a very difficult and slow task. Its far better to work on a slow fat loss now, then once you are as lean as you want to be slowly build muscle again without adding fat.
I agree with Eric here. Basically you want to recomp - a very slow and long process, and something you are NOT going to achieve if you don't have your NUTRITION manipulated correctly.

If you want more fat loss, but maintain your current muscle mass, then read The 3 Keys to Fat Loss and apply the principles there for effective and successful fat loss.

~Rosie~
The Primordial Woman