Meal frequency and amount

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
I'm a hard gainer. Look at the avatar. I'm trying to maximize my gains in the off season and do it clean. Now I follow a paleolithic approach if its process by man before it reaches my plate I don't eta it. Example: milk, cheese, bread, canned soup, etc.

I intend on eating every two hours alternating meal, snack, meal, snack...

Here's my dilemma - what's a good bulking snack between meals that's not like a bagel with cream cheese (two things I don't like)? Also, does anyone else feel that this is a positive approach? Sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night and I'm hungry so I make a shake (no carbs).

S

SRS2000

Awards
  • Established
It's certainly more difficult to bulk while restricting your food choices so much. I'm not sure where you draw the line because man has to process nearly everything to get it into food form. I guess that leaves you only fresh produce and fresh cut meats. I would suggest things like nuts, but I'm not sure if they are too processed. Otherwise you are going to have to eat a truckload of meats and higher fat produce like avacadoes. If you aren't doing this for some sort of moral or religious reason, I would consider relaxing your food choices a bit or it will be a monumental struggle to gain any significant size.

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
No moral/ religious reasons. I just don't like em and it bugs me out when I see too many ingredients on the label. I make exceptions for some things like natural peanut butter and supplement proteins/gainers and trivial stuff like hot sauce.

S

SRS2000

Awards
  • Established
Then I would recommend lots of nuts, peanut butter, olive oil, etc... You could also look online for some homemade trail mix recipes so you could put your own stuff together, again with a healthy dose of nuts.

MrBigPR

MrBigPR

NutraPlanet Rep
Awards
  • Established
so you basically can't eat anything, since
technically everything is "processed"

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
wtf no milk or cheese! damn

boricuarage

boricuarage

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I'm a hard gainer. Look at the avatar. I'm trying to maximize my gains in the off season and do it clean. Now I follow a paleolithic approach if its process by man before it reaches my plate I don't eta it. Example: milk, cheese, bread, canned soup, etc.

I intend on eating every two hours alternating meal, snack, meal, snack...

Here's my dilemma - what's a good bulking snack between meals that's not like a bagel with cream cheese (two things I don't like)? Also, does anyone else feel that this is a positive approach? Sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night and I'm hungry so I make a shake (no carbs).
WTF is a hard gainer... Their is no such animal....Chocolate Milk is great or whole milk.............. Eat like a freaking dog... oh and rice cakes are great as snacks... nothing wrong with having some carbs in the middle of the nights... especially if that is you on your avatar, u seem pretty cut... but u need mass!!!