Thoughts on a comeback plan

steviestv8

Awards
Back on march 28th i sustained a knee injury that has kept me out til now and will keep me out for sometime longer. I tore my acl completely mcl partially both meniscus and pcl. That was the first surgery when in there they found that bottom of my femur was crushed about an inch across and 1/4 inch deep. I added all that because within the next few months ill be back in the gym, problem is i don't know hot to go about making a new plan that wont take a toll on my knee that will help me get my muscle back. Before the accident i was 230 about 10% bf and now i'm about 245-50 and who knows what bf. Any ideas on weather i should go for dropping the weight first and then bulk or bulk then shed the fat with winter approaching?

mich29

mich29

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Back on march 28th i sustained a knee injury that has kept me out til now and will keep me out for sometime longer. I tore my acl completely mcl partially both meniscus and pcl. That was the first surgery when in there they found that bottom of my femur was crushed about an inch across and 1/4 inch deep. I added all that because within the next few months ill be back in the gym, problem is i don't know hot to go about making a new plan that wont take a toll on my knee that will help me get my muscle back. Before the accident i was 230 about 10% bf and now i'm about 245-50 and who knows what bf. Any ideas on weather i should go for dropping the weight first and then bulk or bulk then shed the fat with winter approaching?
I've known a few people who have gone through what you have.I might be asking given questions but just to get a solid idea of what your working with I'll ask the following.

are you currently still in rehab and how is that going? what is your doctor saying about the tears and how they are healing? how is the femur doing? far as your question I would take it slow as your have to slowly rebuild the muscle you lost and mobility, slowly build up weight,reps and intensity .I'd get x rays and ct scans to ensure your g2g before getting back into the swing of things working out under your own plan.the main thing is to make sure your as healed up as possible and not come back too early.