need bulking ideas about a bicep workout

cassimus

cassimus

Awards
i am having a problem working the top of my biceps, i have done every curl type worout and still my front gets super worked but my rear lacks

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
these are the workouts I do, and i have pretty big arms for my height. i do not do these every workout. i always mix it up. rep range is 12, 10, 8 and sometimes 6

barbell curl, DB curl, Db hammers, EZ bar close grip curl, incline bench curl, ez bar peak curl, ronnie/arnold curl, preacher 2 hand, preacher 1 hand. look on my current log and see my program im doing which includes an arm day. im logging HGHup and Prime under the supplement review section. i have made nice improvements on biceps. check out exactly what i do

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
also, what are your rep ranges and do u do the same workout every time?

FatalFunnel

FatalFunnel

Awards
Many people preach that Zottman Curls are the best bicep builders.

Give her a throw.

codywaters

codywaters

Awards
From the looks of your avitar... i would work on some heavy back squats weighted pull ups and deadlifts... but thats just me

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
do lots of peak curls. dont matter if its barbell, DB, preacher or cable. hold ur wrist out so it doesnt move when u curl and peak it. that will make the bicep "hump" larger

jaydollars

jaydollars

Awards
  • Established
It seems bicep growth either comes easy or hard and is highly linked to gentics, my arms are not that big but very very strong, and it has taken me forever, and trying every type of workout, to put .5 inch on my arms, and it may just be my trys!!!...

You really need to experiment to see whats works for you, I am trying DST7 right now, at least that is what I think it is called

Some guys do curls and there arms get huge, but for people like me the bi's and calfs really don't budge

cassimus

cassimus

Awards
my avatar is about 3 yrs old but honestly from my peak back is my weakest and hardest to hit point bc from the peak to my elbow is well defined but mostly i do cable resistance curls, ez curl, preacher curls, DB curls, DB hammer curls on any givin bicep day i change it about every 3 weeks

Blacktail

Blacktail

Awards
  • Established
From the looks of your avitar... i would work on some heavy back squats weighted pull ups and deadlifts... but thats just me
x2

"my avatar is about 3 yrs old but honestly from my peak back is my weakest and hardest to hit point bc from the peak to my elbow is well defined but mostly i do cable resistance curls, ez curl, preacher curls, DB curls, DB hammer curls on any givin bicep day i change it about every 3 weeks"

You want big arms? Deadlift and do pullups. Add a couple sets of heavy barbell curls at the end of your workout. Don't use the ez curl bar or if you do alternate it between workouts. Then add 1 set of spider curls. Eat enough and do an intense workout with proper form and your arms will grow.If you want to hit your brachs I like these but I put my arm higher.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kimwgt35dvM"]YouTube- Brachialis curls[/ame]

R

Ricky5145

Awards
  • Established
my avatar is about 3 yrs old but honestly from my peak back is my weakest and hardest to hit point bc from the peak to my elbow is well defined but mostly i do cable resistance curls, ez curl, preacher curls, DB curls, DB hammer curls on any givin bicep day i change it about every 3 weeks

id say that one problem you have right there. you say you change it every 3 weeks. thats far too much. ive kept my same bicep workout for the past 9 months and gained 2 1/2 inches. its not about how much you change it up but how solid of a routine it is in the first place not to mention how much you need to eat. your seem to be talking about your long bicep head ( which gives you the peak). to hit that part of the bicep only a few exercises are need. some wont even hit that head. anything close grip will hit that head. the lifts that hit it the most are incline dumbell curls. Close grip preacher curls and close grip barbell curls. anything normal grip the wide will hit the smaller head. another importnat factor in arm growth is rest. people seem to think more is better but this is simply not the case when it comes to arms. less is better. there a smaller muscle group, get worked more so they need more rest. train them only once a week with only 3 exercises. no more and i promise youll see incridble results. your probally overtraining them and not allowing them to grow.

try this
Close grip barbell curls: 2-3 sets of 6-8 reps
Incline DB curls: 2-3 sets of 6-8 reps
Close grip preacher curls: 2-3 set of 6-8 reps

*never use an E-Z bar. theres proof that they actually take stress off the bicep aswell as the wrist. stick with straight barbbells.

however, im an advocate of only doing one set per exercise. i follow something similar to dorian yates style of training but taylored for me specifically. i went from 16 inch arms to 19s this way. im trying to get 21s soon.