Teenager looking to become bigger

Basketball23

Awards
I am a 16 year old who is 5 ft10 and 137 lbs. I play basketball and realize i need to add more weight and size if i ever wanna play college basketball. I'm going to start to workout again and i plan on getting the big package from gnc(contains 10 products) and i also plan on getting l glutamine and creatine monohydrate powder to mix wit the wheybolic extreme. I am planning on buying a anabolic/testoterone booster. At first i had my eyes set on Rage rV5 and rv1 but i herd its not very good for ur insides. So right now im looking at Epithen -E and Cissus drol and T-Bol and BCAA EE (from generic labz) for 6 weeks and then use T-Bol, 6 oxo extreme and cylce support powder for a month as a pct. Is that a good idea?

My Supplements would consist of:

Fat Burners: FireBall CLA
Dieuretic: X-Tract

GNC Prodcuts:

Whey Bolic Extreme 60
L Glutamin Powder
Creatine Monohydrate powder (i plan on mixing this with wheybolic and creatine and drinkin 4 times a day once in the moring, before workout , after workout, and before bed)
Amplified creatine 189
Branched chained Amino Acids 1800
Mega Men sport multivitamin
CLA tablets
L Glutamine Tablets

Vitamin world Products:

Triple Omega 3 6 9
Maximum Antioxidant
Milk Thisle
Joint soother
Complete Multi vitamin

If i use these products do u think i will get bigger nd lose body fat? I am a very very skinny kid but very athletic and i wanna become the best basketball player i can so i need to work on my hops and my speed (i have a 29 inch vertical) and i run a 4.64 40 yard dash. Give me your thoughts anything will help

julius kelp

julius kelp

Awards
  • Established
I am planning on buying a anabolic/testoterone booster
No...

i need to add more weight and size
EAT & LIFT WEIGHTS.

If i use these products do u think i will get bigger nd lose body fat? I am a very very skinny kid but very athletic
If you are skinny, you may not really need to lose bodyfat.

Eat alot of CLEAN quality foods (6+ times a day) & lift(compound moves(squats,deadlifts,presses), you'll grow.

Orangepeel

Orangepeel

Awards
  • Established
dont waste you time at GNC either, all they want is your monaaay

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
You dont need ANY supplements.
Aside from that, why the fuk would anyone want to take a fat burner and a diuretic when they're trying to gain weight? Seems completely idiotic.

Esox Express

Esox Express

Awards
  • Established
DO NOT buy that GNC Sh*t. Did the guy working there recommend it too you? If he did, it's because he's a moron and just wants your money.

For supps, all I would suggest is protein, creatine, and a multivitamin. (buy them from nutraplanet.com) Don't worry about supps too much, they won't give you gains. Your gains will come from food and a good lifting routine.

Basketball23

Awards
i went on nutra planet which creatine and protein should i get?

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
All you need at the moment is food!

AndreAnabolic

AndreAnabolic

Awards
bring all that stuff back and use the same money to go to the grocery store!

planetfuzz

planetfuzz

Awards
  • Established
My Supplements would consist of:

Fat Burners: FireBall CLA
Dieuretic: X-Tract

GNC Prodcuts:

Whey Bolic Extreme 60
L Glutamin Powder
Creatine Monohydrate powder (i plan on mixing this with wheybolic and creatine and drinkin 4 times a day once in the moring, before workout , after workout, and before bed)
Amplified creatine 189
Branched chained Amino Acids 1800
Mega Men sport multivitamin
CLA tablets
L Glutamine Tablets

Vitamin world Products:

Triple Omega 3 6 9
Maximum Antioxidant
Milk Thisle
Joint soother
Complete Multi vitamin
Just a couple of questions:

You're taking 2 different kinds of multi vitamins and an antioxidant pill?

Why do you need milk thistle?

Creatine 4 times a day?

Creatine monohydrate and another creatine product?

Why do you think you need CLA?

You want to gain weight but you're taking a fat burner that speeds up your metabolism...

A diuretic??

Where is the world did you read or hear that any of that is a good idea or are you just guessing?

Do you have an unlimited amount of $$$ to spend on supplements?

I mean damn...

FOOD!!!!! good god, go with what you're missing......
X2

Basketball23

Awards
well wat do u suggest i get?

i juss saw all that stuff in the gnc sale pack and thot it b good but im no longer going to shop at gnc after wat all these guys told me

give me suggestions on wat i should take??

MMAMONSTER19

Awards
  • Established
forget all the stuff at gnc if the guy recommended it to you its cuz he will make commission on it so dont, buy it from nutraplanet. secondly dont buy any supplements except protein, creatine if you can find it cheap enough, and a good cheap multi vitamin, thirdly EAT YOUR BRAINS OUT everything you see eat it!!!! all good clean proteins man and train hard and intense and gains will come if you really start to workout you will blow up at 16 dude i remember when i was lifting at 16 i got huge realy quick you have so much testosterone flowing thats all you need so do this eat train hard!! and eat again then sleep repeat!!

Matt6969

Awards
  • Established
eat clean, and lift big. at your age i would not recommend test until you are about 18. you will gain size soon enough just eat, eat, eat.

jamesb2525

jamesb2525

Awards
I know you probably don’t want to hear this but supps are not the answer especially at 16years old. At 16 naturally your test is at a high level. As long as you train hard eat right and get enough sleep you will be good to go. If you are going to take supps I would take protein, creatine, multivitamins and that’s it. Just make sure you push yourself hard in the gym and eat 5-6 meals a day good luck at achieving your goal

BigT4040

BigT4040

Awards
Just like everyone else has said... EAT!! I hated hearin that when i was ur age, i would eat everything and would sometimes lose weight. Your only 16 you have plenty of time to grow. If you want to get supps then get protein. I use body fortress, get it 2lbs from wal mart for 13 bucks. Also if ur dyin to take somethin get ZMA. Helps u sleep/recover better. great stuff. other than that bro just keep workin out. SQUATS, DEADLIFT, CLEANS!!!! If i could go back to when i was ur age thats all i'd do. You'll def gain weight if you start doin those, make sure you start light with PERFECT form. Dont be the kid who blows out his back tryin to squat too much with horrible form. bench is overated, especially for basketball. You can only go as far as your legs can take you. keep the faith man its hard. D1 is some serious sh!t but if your determined and disciplined you can do it.

wrasslin116

wrasslin116

Awards
  • Established
Alright here's the list..
Food- You want 5-6 meals a day.
If you want to gain weight for your body size eat..
Protein- 200g
Carbs- 400-600g depends on fat gain
Then whatever fat is in your foods plus 6-12g fish oil.

Your supplements is very basic..
Whey- 50g after workout in milk or water, maybe to have during school between a class when you can't eat and need to.
Waxy Maize Starch(WMS)- 60-90g after a workout BEFORE your whey shake.. the whey will come 15 min later otherwise disturbs the digestion of WMS.
Fish Oil- 6-12g a day would be good, split up with meals.
Multi- As label says
MAYBE, keyword MAYBE creatine
Creatine(stick with plain old mono, tried and proved)- 5g pre-workout then 5g post-workout in your WMS shake.

DO NOT FORGET food is your main supplement without food you WILL NOT grow.

Good luck.

IrishRugby34

IrishRugby34

Awards
Yeah man I was your size when I was 16 and my football coach made me eat a Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwich in between every period and then I lifted weights and I went from a 140 to 165. Granted I did grow a couple more inches too, but I am sure you will too. You do not need ANY supplements especially test boosters, you are 16 you have all the testosterone coursing through your veins you are ever going to need. Eat clean and lift hard and you will see some good clean increases that will stick with you.

soseg

soseg

Awards
  • Established
man thats A LOT OF SUPPS! haha

ur 16?

all you need is a GOOD DIET FIRST. make sure you have that in check. eat good portions every 2-3hours max... so get roughly 6-8 meals just dont make them too large or you will get fat. keep it mixed and dont touch the junk. basically imo if you dont live in a trailer then i'll assume your parents know how to cook good meals... eat them. buy some cans of salmon/tuna and aim for a rough 30g per 2hours of protein

once your diet is in check then all you need is whey... a shake after workout is best, if you want more, one pre workout

with time try a creatine cycle

supplements are supplements. its in the name. diet is most important. the supplements just fill in the gaps. and i've never seen such a huge list of stuff someone wanted to buy!

njsfinest

Awards
hey bro im 16 and Ive made the best gains of my life by taking a weight gainer right now for winter bulking i suggest up you mass it tastes so good. Also eat natural pb and jelly sandwiches, i cant tel you how much bigger Ive gotten from that. Tell your mom to start making more meats, such as chicken lamb etc. The more you eat, and train the bigger you become simple as that. Im 190 pounds up from 174 two months ago and people think im on steroids and im 25, hard work that's all bro and a good regiment! good luck!

B Scott

B Scott

Awards
As a former GNC employee, I urge you to not waste your time or money on most of those products. 90% of what was recommended to you are their "premium products" that earn him commission and make him look good. The reason I quit working there was because I couldn't stand selling bullsh*t to people to make a sale when I legitimately wanted to help them reach their goals.

As everyone else said, that money is MUCH better invested into a full grocery cart.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Teenager looking to become bigger???

Pretty much sums up the existence of BB.com, this board and most of the supplement industry. lol

In any case, do what they suggested..eat and eat lots of clean food. If I could go back in time to age 16 knowing what I now know...oi, I'd have been a big kid.

cjbadboy

Awards
X2 to what these guys have said.

And remember..you are trying to be a basketball player. You dont need to be huge..look at the NBA and college ball.. i would say 20% of them are built,watch someone like steph curry. If you wanna be great get quick..never underestimate the value of quickness and speed. Work on your core strength and balance as well..and for god sake shoot!!!!!

sigmachiagg11

Awards
"put your money to food" ???..i would think at 16 you could get your mom to buy you ALL the food you want :head:. Go ahead and get your food from her if ya can lol, and use your money on supps ; its fun. but stick with the basics. Creatine and weight gainer are badass.leucine is good too-it can enhance MPS (muscle protein synthesis) up to 70%. and although noone has control over what you decide to buy...DEFINITELY stay away from anabolic crap-i didnt and the end result sucked **** :frustrate. still, be sure to eat more; i used to take weight gainer and a pb sandwich to school-it was definitely the most effective thing i could have done to gain mass.

Jarred28

Jarred28

Awards
Dude really just eat and lift heavy, do not take any fatburners either. Dont do cardio. Food got me from 145 lbs to 200 pounds is a little over a year.

soseg

soseg

Awards
  • Established
Dude really just eat and lift heavy, do not take any fatburners either. Dont do cardio. Food got me from 145 lbs to 200 pounds is a little over a year.
serious? what bf% roughly did you start on and end on? thats a massive gain I'm curious to know what you did

Basketball23

Awards
same im very curious what you did?? can u give me ur meal plan, workouts, supplement list, and anything else please i would love to go from 145 to 200.

Dyou

Dyou

Awards
  • Established
when i was a teenager i was in the same boat as you. i weighed 130lbs at 5'10 for me all it took was 5g of creatine mono and a home made weight gainer and i made the biggest fastest gains of my life. when i toured in iraq i could work out every day but couldnt get supps so all i did is eat everything that came my way and i was the biggest/leanest i have ever been