bulking macros

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
At the moment my macros are roughly 33/33/33 a day. most of the fat is coming from semi skimmed milk (half fat, think its 2% or something) is that a big problem? I'm drinking just under 3 litres of milk a day (4/5 pints)i know i need to bump my carbs up just not had that much time to get to the shops due to work.

You can check my diet tracker from today and yesterday, it shows all i've been eating the last 3 days.

Yesterday was pretty much a cheat day due to working 13 hours so i just ate what i could get my hands on at work. The 28th shows a bit better what my diet is like. I'd say i'm getting enough protein in at the moment to grow. Just not sure about the carbs. Also, is it to much fat for a bulk?

drummaboyzl

drummaboyzl

Awards
  • Established
i would say yes its too much fat....your going to be putting on a bit of fat with your muscle like that.
drop it back more to like 40/40/20 or 45/40/15

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established
i would say yes its too much fat....your going to be putting on a bit of fat with your muscle like that.
drop it back more to like 40/40/20 or 45/40/15

Hey Chub,

DB is on the mark, however you may want to check your metabolic typing:

http://www.naturalhealthyellowpages.com/metabolic/proteintype.html

The following is how Im running on a bulk, however I've found I still need to taper my carbs towards the end of the day.

45%-50% Protein (Proteins = Meat, Fowl, Seafood, Dairy)
30%-35% Carbohydrates (Carbohydrates = Fruits, Vegetables, Grains)
20% Oils/Natural Fats (Fats = Butter, Oils, Fatty Foods - ex. nuts, seeds, cheese, other fatty foods)

Running a supp like Anabolic Pump has helped regulate my BF%, but only if I keep a controll on my carb intake and timing.

Good Luck mate!:thumbsup:

drummaboyzl

drummaboyzl

Awards
  • Established
and you could even keep your fats up in the 20-25 range if you were taking something like I-GH-1.....my bro literally ate his ass off nonstop and didnt put on any fat but still bulked the hell up in weight.

i'm waiting to try it myself but that stuff worked wonders for him

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
Cheers guys. i'm going to have to do some food shopping, not got that much stuff in my house at the moment, think thats part of the reason why my bulk isn't that great, i'm buying the same stuff everytime. Will have a look into that I-GH-1 too but i doubt i'll need it. Got plenty time to really sort out my diet before winter sets in :)

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
i love my milk :( that what seems to be bumping up my fat intake, eggs too. I love the raw eggs in my shakes

drummaboyzl

drummaboyzl

Awards
  • Established
well then cut back on most other fat intakes and keep your milk and eggs

just imo

AUTO

Awards
  • Established
3 litres of milk is far to much , try to eat a lot of nuts, cashews almonds. snaking on these all day is a great way to keep the fuel going.

drummaboyzl

drummaboyzl

Awards
  • Established
thats not too much milk. i know guys who go through a gallon a day

Plates1971

Plates1971

Awards
Drink your milk but make it skim........ replace your fats lost in the milk with fish oil high in Omega 3's..........the rest of the advice is on the mark!

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
I'm shooting for 350g Protein / 450g carbs / 150g fat? maybe 500 for carbs. Thats a 30/40/25 around 4500cals

my carbs have been pretty low lately. i don't think my fat intake is that crazy. All my fat is coming from eggs/milk/nuts/fish oils and hemp oil and natty peanut butter.

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I'm shooting for 350g Protein / 450g carbs / 150g fat? maybe 500 for carbs

my carbs have been pretty low lately. i don't think my fat intake is that crazy. All my fat is coming from eggs/milk/nuts/fish oils and hemp oil and natty peanut butter.
Good advice I was given is "eat for your goal weight":thumbsup:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Bulking 10
big_pete Bulking 20
u_e_s_i Nutrition / Health 7
Bulking 1
Bulking 20