Featured in Layne Norton's 'Inside the Life of a Natural Pro'

MadJimF

MadJimF

Awards
  • Established
Funny I was watching this today, and kept thinking, man I know this guy from somewhere. Oh yeah Sporto, great episode, I always enjoy those. You are really attacking the back there, deadlifts helped my back a lot.....I'm going to try the rack chins those look fun also what was that setting on the ground pulling a triceps rope?

GL

Jim

Sporto

Sporto

Awards
  • Established
Funny I was watching this today, and kept thinking, man I know this guy from somewhere. Oh yeah Sporto, great episode, I always enjoy those. You are really attacking the back there, deadlifts helped my back a lot.....I'm going to try the rack chins those look fun also what was that setting on the ground pulling a triceps rope?

GL

Jim
Definately give therack chins a try...they don't allow you to use any leg kick to cheat :)

The tricep rope exercise for for upper back/traps. Honestly, that was the first time I had ever done that - I guess it was one of Layne's favorites...

Sporto

haiz69

haiz69

Awards
  • Established
Great vid!

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
nice vid i watched it yesterday but for some reason i didnt respond....

Jstrong20

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I can't beleive more people haven't responded. That is an awesome body for a juicer. Being natural makes it insane. I bet you get haters all the time accusing you of being on steroids.

Sporto

Sporto

Awards
  • Established
I can't beleive more people haven't responded. That is an awesome body for a juicer. Being natural makes it insane. I bet you get haters all the time accusing you of being on steroids.
Thanks! I do get the accusations all the time, but I take them all as compliments :)

Sporto

rpen22

rpen22

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Awesome video, bro! You look great.

As I'm sure you know, you're lucky to have Layne on your side. He seems like a good guy and he definitely knows what he's doing.

Good luck in November!

Sporto

Sporto

Awards
  • Established
Awesome video, bro! You look great.

As I'm sure you know, you're lucky to have Layne on your side. He seems like a good guy and he definitely knows what he's doing.

Good luck in November!
Thanks man! They got a great response from that video and they are doing a follow up here in a couple of weeks. We're trying to see if they will come to the show and feature that as well. It will be great for Layne, natural bodybuilding, etc...

Sporto

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hi Tommy,

You are in great hands with Layne. As well you have a great physique all on your own.

What one or two thing would you attribute to your condition in regard to LBM/fat ratio?

At 42yo I have tried many supplements for fat loss as well as LBM yet I can never ever seem to break through my genotype, that being an endo, with some slight slight meso tendencies, to have a superior LBM/fat ratio, regardless of BW.

I am at a point in my life where natural is what is going to keep me healthy long term. And after all if it is to be a lifestyle we need to be sure that there is going to be life to live as opposed to dropping dead talking a talk of a life style walking a walk of counter productive behaviors and supplementation.

So the question I would ask you is, what one or two disciplines do you attribute to your overly and obvious virile and athletic physique?. I assume metabolism and phenotype is quite the advantage, but of diet, cardio, resistance training styles, sleep, or any other aspect of what you bring to the table allows you to be in the shape that you are?

This was just a few thoughts that came to mind after watching your video. I mean I can (could before my injury) DB press 120's, I could bent row a house, I could dead a motor home, yet I have no aspirations to do so anymore and yet feel robbed in a sense that my return is not quite as aesthetically profitable as it has been for you. Are some just phenotypes blessed in that area and others need to come to grips with their natural (or even enhance) phenotype.

You look great and you will surely be a success. I have known Layne (on the boards) for a long time and it is great to see him walk the talk and now help others achieve their aspirations. He has greet character and you are fortunate to keep company with him.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It appears Natural Bodybuilding is on the rise. Im happy!=)

Sporto

Sporto

Awards
  • Established
It appears Natural Bodybuilding is on the rise. Im happy!=)
It certainly is...It's being promoted bigger and better all the time. One of my main priorities with everything that I am doing is to promote natural bodybuilding.

Let's bring back the classic look!

Sporto

Sporto

Sporto

Awards
  • Established
Hi Tommy,

You are in great hands with Layne. As well you have a great physique all on your own.

What one or two thing would you attribute to your condition in regard to LBM/fat ratio?

At 42yo I have tried many supplements for fat loss as well as LBM yet I can never ever seem to break through my genotype, that being an endo, with some slight slight meso tendencies, to have a superior LBM/fat ratio, regardless of BW.

I am at a point in my life where natural is what is going to keep me healthy long term. And after all if it is to be a lifestyle we need to be sure that there is going to be life to live as opposed to dropping dead talking a talk of a life style walking a walk of counter productive behaviors and supplementation.

So the question I would ask you is, what one or two disciplines do you attribute to your overly and obvious virile and athletic physique?. I assume metabolism and phenotype is quite the advantage, but of diet, cardio, resistance training styles, sleep, or any other aspect of what you bring to the table allows you to be in the shape that you are?

This was just a few thoughts that came to mind after watching your video. I mean I can (could before my injury) DB press 120's, I could bent row a house, I could dead a motor home, yet I have no aspirations to do so anymore and yet feel robbed in a sense that my return is not quite as aesthetically profitable as it has been for you. Are some just phenotypes blessed in that area and others need to come to grips with their natural (or even enhance) phenotype.

You look great and you will surely be a success. I have known Layne (on the boards) for a long time and it is great to see him walk the talk and now help others achieve their aspirations. He has greet character and you are fortunate to keep company with him.
Yes, Layne has been great to work with...I have learned SO much in just the short time we've worked together.

Probably the MOST important thing it is that I do that I would attribute the majority of my physique to (excluding genetics and phenotype), has to be my meticulous attention to detail with my diet. Whether it is bulking or cutting, I strive everyday to hit my macro nutrient numbers that I have set. And in addition to that, when I don't get the results I want after a week, then I make small adjustments until I do. That's the biggie.

There are very few things you can control when it comes to how you look in the mirror. You can't control your genetics (which yes, play a big role), you can't control how your individual hormones react in certain physiological conditions, you can't control the way your muscles insert and how they develop (think bicep peak), but you CAN control other things. You can control your intensity, your consistency, your diet, whether or not you do cardio, whether or not you drink alcohol in excess, etc. That's what you need to focus on, everything you CAN control.

Can you control how testosterone just falls in the ****ter when you reach a certain age? No. Does that mean you can't get results? No. It will just take longer and you will have to pay more attention to diet, cheat meals, cardio, etc. There are many guys your age that still compete in Masters and beyond that look phenomenal, yet are still natural. I can assure you they just do what it takes, and more importantly they are consistent with it.

So, to answer your question...it isn't any one of the things you mention (diet, cardio, training styles, sleep), but rather the personality traits and qualities that enable you to stick to everything when life tries to get in the way. THAT'S the secret. Very generally speaking, any non-retarded training method will work, and any non-retarded diet will work, but what will you do when life gets in the way? When peer pressure sets in? Will you continue to do what it takes to get what you ultimately want? Or will you give in? I'm an accountant...do you think there are days during tax season when I work 12 hours/day, 6 days a week, that I just want to take a month or two off? Or that I just want to eat the pizza that the boss orders for lunch? Only like every freaking day. But I don't...because I want what I have that bad. I can still be social, have a good time, and for the most part, hide a lot of my lifestyle when I'm in a social atmosphere so that people don't think I'm obssessed. You just have to find the right balance.

I'll end by saying to you (and anyone following along) what I say to all my clients...

What I do isn't hard...the diet, training, taking the supplements...it's not hard to do these things at all. What's hard is making those things a habit and a part of your lifestyle. That's the hard part. I mean, is it hard to take an extra 10 seconds to measure food? No. But making it a habit to do it every time is. Once it becomes a part of your lifestyle, the rest is easy.

Sporto

SteelEntity

SteelEntity

Awards
  • Established
Do you ever consider leaving the natural route, and what is your take on steroids in general?

Sporto

Sporto

Awards
  • Established
Do you ever consider leaving the natural route, and what is your take on steroids in general?
IMO, steroids are a personal choice. I have friends that take them, and that in no way changes my opinion/view about them at all. Who am I to judge? The drug route is just not for me. I had considered it in the past back in '04 when I first started bodybuilding...mainly because I thought they were necessary to compete (I was also ignorant to the world of natural bodybuilding and didn't know it existed at that point). But for me, the legality, the needles, the possible health issues...plus I didn't have time to research them to even be half way intelligent about it...so the ultimate decsion back then was no. And, after finding organizations that do their best to test and keep the drug free route fair, I will never go the drug route. My goal is to be the best natural bodybuilder I can be...and I'm anzious to see just how far my genetics, work ethic, and determination can take me.

Sporto

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Awesome post man. I respect you, your doing better than me currently at natural bodybuilding!

SteelEntity

SteelEntity

Awards
  • Established
I don't know much about natural BB, but what division is Jeff Willet in. That man is a monster for being natural or not.

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
You are an inspiration to say the least.. Keep up the great work!

Sporto

Sporto

Awards
  • Established
I don't know much about natural BB, but what division is Jeff Willet in. That man is a monster for being natural or not.
Jeff is an IFBB Pro...I have no idea whether or not he has ever claimed natural.

Sporto

Sporto

Sporto

Awards
  • Established
Awesome post man. I respect you, your doing better than me currently at natural bodybuilding!
Thanks, but it's all relative my man...just keep at it and you'll get there!

Sporto

Sporto

Sporto

Awards
  • Established
SteelEntity

SteelEntity

Awards
  • Established
Jeff is an IFBB Pro...I have no idea whether or not he has ever claimed natural.

Sporto
Yeah I saw him on some internet show and he claimed to be ALL natural, never used steroids in his life. I really don't believe it though. If your an IFBB pro... to get anywhere you must use gear.

Sporto

Sporto

Awards
  • Established
Yeah I saw him on some internet show and he claimed to be ALL natural, never used steroids in his life. I really don't believe it though. If your an IFBB pro... to get anywhere you must use gear.
True, but you still never really know about people and whether or not they are bull****ting. There are a lot of people that I tell I'm natural that laugh at me and don't believe a word I say. I personally never assume one way or the other, as it doesn't matter to me if someone does, doesn't, or lies about it. If he is natural, great...kudos to him. If not and he lies about it, that's a shame he feels he has to do that.

Sporto

rpen22

rpen22

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
True, but you still never really know about people and whether or not they are bull****ting. There are a lot of people that I tell I'm natural that laugh at me and don't believe a word I say. I personally never assume one way or the other, as it doesn't matter to me if someone does, doesn't, or lies about it. If he is natural, great...kudos to him. If not and he lies about it, that's a shame he feels he has to do that.

Sporto
:goodpost: