Contest prep in May, will be posting progress and posing pics, please give pointers i

Dracob_

Dracob_

Awards
My prep started about two weeks ago and my first men’s physique comp (I may consider doing classic physique too) is the first or second weekend of May, I will try to post about once a week with general training and diet info and progress photos but I don’t think I’ll be able to post more than that due to my schedule...if I find myself with some time I will definitely throw out some more informational posts about my prep for those who are interested. I have moved since last year that’s why the pics have different lighting and some were taken in the gym, I will try to be as consistent as possible with my photos in the future, I will also be posting some posing photos and please give me pointers on what I can do to pose better.

Anyway starting from where I was last June...at the end of my cut I was 164lbs and the most lean I have ever been, however after a week of vacation I shot up to 170 and that was my starting point for this bulk.

Me at 164lbs

Me at 170lbs

My bulk lasted until January and at the height of it I was weighing 187 lbs however this was not consistent, I stalled out at about 184 lbs come years end. Let me know what you all think of my progress if you can see any, I definitely made some strength gains so I’m hoping there was also some noticeable size gains.

Here is me at 187 lbs with a chest pump

And here is me today, at 180 lbs

The goal for this prep is to come in slightly leaner than I was last year with hopefully a little bit more size at or within a pound or two of the same weight being 164 lbs.

I will be cutting for a long time as you can see and I am doing this because I want to try to minimize muscle loss as much as possible.
This will also be a natty cut, no performance enhancers whatsoever, besides my prescribed adhd medication if you consider that one.

Anyway if you have any questions or comments please feel free to ask and let me know I would love to hear from you all!!

Posing photos to follow.

BlockBuilder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Is it a drug tested comp? Not that it matters because ppl will still use steroids and PED’s because the tests are so easy to pass and there are tons of ways to beat the tests but it might help a little. It’s tough stepping on stage next to people you know or suspect have used PED’s because those are the guys who win.

Dracob_

Dracob_

Awards
Is it a drug tested comp? Not that it matters because ppl will still use steroids and PED’s because the tests are so easy to pass and there are tons of ways to beat the tests but it might help a little. It’s tough stepping on stage next to people you know or suspect have used PED’s because those are the guys who win.
I don’t think it is drug tested, I’ve been told by people that have competed in it that it is not; the only thing I have considered is an eca stack to give me a little boost but I don’t really like how jittery it makes me, I don’t want to mess around with my hormones unnaturally as of now, I’ve only been lifting for like a little over a year consistently (I did sports my whole life though) so I don’t really have the experience or knowledge to mess with that stuff, I’m also only 22 so I’m kind of in the prime of my life as far as my hormones go and I don’t want to mess with that haha

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You could always try adding a little theanine to your ECA stack to try to minimize any jetteryness. That may be worth a shot.

Dracob_

Dracob_

Awards
muscleupcrohn thank you! I may look into that.

Here are some posing photos from last week, for bbing and men’s physique. My front lat spread looks wack but let me know what I could do to improve my posing please, sorry for the lack of lower body, this was the best angle I could get, I’ll try to get some better ones this week or something.

Dracob_

Dracob_

Awards
Are you doing an NPC show?
No, it’s a local show unaffiliated with a bbing league, I’m doing it to get my foot in the door and get some experience for what competing is like

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
dont use eca stack with another stimulate like adderall.

BlockBuilder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
No, it’s a local show unaffiliated with a bbing league, I’m doing it to get my foot in the door and get some experience for what competing is like
You don’t have to use anything. It’s your first comp. Use it as a learning experience. Then the next show you’ll have a much better idea of what’s expected of you. But if it is non tested just be prepared and know that it’s open season as far as chemical enhancement. So if someone wants to stack multiple compounds and add stuff like trenbelone they can and no one can stop them. So just be aware that that’s possibly what you could be up against

Dracob_

Dracob_

Awards
You don’t have to use anything. It’s your first comp. Use it as a learning experience. Then the next show you’ll have a much better idea of what’s expected of you. But if it is non tested just be prepared and know that it’s open season as far as chemical enhancement. So if someone wants to stack multiple compounds and add stuff like trenbelone they can and no one can stop them. So just be aware that that’s possibly what you could be up against
Thank you for the input, I doubt I will use anything as I said the jitteriness of an eca stack is kind of unbearable especially when stacked with another stim like adderall I don’t think the risk/reward ratio will be worth it. I was looking at pics from the competition last year and the people who placed 1-5 had some size on me, but their condition was not really close to the level of mine in the top pic, they all looked kind of soft and watery too I’m not really super knowledgeable on the whole conditioning thing but I feel that when dialed in like I felt I was in the top pic I’d have a pretty good chance but also I won’t know until then if I’ll look the same because of the stressors of the show and whatever else, I’m hoping to come in at least that good of condition and maybe that will land me in a nice spot, I’ve read conditioning is a big part of men’s physique so I guess we’ll see when that time comes

Dracob_

Dracob_

Awards
dont use eca stack with another stimulate like adderall.
Yeah thinking about it, probably not a good idea lol

Oh and to answer your other question on the other post (didn’t mean to post this twice) I plan to lose about 1 lb a week or a little less maybe like .8-1 lb until show day pretty much, so if my math is correct it should take me at least 15-16 weeks to get down to that, I’m doing like 4 1/2 months of cutting so that should give me enough time, last time before I got to that weight I was up at 192 and not working out and it took me 6 months, this time I’m starting at 180 so I’m hoping it should come a little easier.

CompeteNPC

CompeteNPC

Banned
Awards
You will do fine and should be proud up there of the hard work you have put in. If I was to meet you in person I'd shake your hand, wish you luck and be happy for you. Good luck to you as I am getting ready for my first show in May as well.

Dracob_

Dracob_

Awards
Hi everyone,

So an update as to where I am, today I weighed in at 178.4 exactly 1lb less from where I was last week at this time, I think I may try to stay here until Saturday as to not be cutting too fast. For diet I do a trial and error approach as this is what has worked for me in the past, being a wrestler for most of my life I am pretty attuned to how my body fluctuates in weight throughout the day, overnight and from what I eat due to having to cut weight for that. I don’t count my macros or calories or anything like that I’m far too busy to do that and I’m also very forgetful so I know I would forget to. My diet though consists of mostly protein and carbs my protein is in the form of fish, eggs, whey (snack and pre-workout) and chicken (dinner). My carbs consist of oatmeal (breakfast), rice white or brown I don’t have a preference nor do I notice a difference with my body or whole wheat bread (lunch), rice cakes (pre-workout or snack), sometimes I’ll have a tuna sandwich for breakfast not only because I really like tuna but also it gives some variety a little. As the cut goes on I’ll start getting more creative with my meals and let you all know how that goes but those are all the main things I eat. I usually have one cheat meal a week and it does me fine it’s usually like a burger or something like last week I had Red Robin and It didn’t affect my cut at all but also satisfied cravings.

As far as training goes I have this split;

Sun and Thurs: chest tris
Mon and Fri: back bis
Tue: Shoulders
Wed: Legs

I hit chest tris, back bis twice a week because they have always lagged behind my legs however they have sort of caught up and I think I’m going to prioritize legs a little more come next bulk.

I usually hit 3 chest and back exercises for all with 3 sets excluding warm ups for 5-9 reps each then I do 2 tris and bis exercises after each respectively with 3 sets of 8-12 reps, no warm ups on arms.

My chest exercises consist of flat barbell bench, incline barbell bench and incline cable flys
My back exercises consist of weighted pull ups, reverse grip cable pull downs and close grip cable rows with the v shaped grip thing.
For tris I do pull downs and overhead extension and for bis I do supinating grip curls and hammer curls.

Shoulders I do regular overhead press and behind the neck press, side lateral raises, rear delt raises and shrugs. All are 3 sets of 8-12

Legs I do squats, quad extensions, hamstring curls and deadlifts. All are 4 sets of 8-12

Anyway here is me at 178.4 lmk what you guys think and if you have any questions or comments please tell and ask.

Jebrook

Jebrook

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I don’t think it is drug tested, I’ve been told by people that have competed in it that it is not; the only thing I have considered is an eca stack to give me a little boost but I don’t really like how jittery it makes me, I don’t want to mess around with my hormones unnaturally as of now, I’ve only been lifting for like a little over a year consistently (I did sports my whole life though) so I don’t really have the experience or knowledge to mess with that stuff, I’m also only 22 so I’m kind of in the prime of my life as far as my hormones go and I don’t want to mess with that haha
Finally a young newbie with maturity and common sense. Repped:)

Dracob_

Dracob_

Awards
Hi all,

So as of yesterday I was 176.4, I had a pretty big re-feed day yesterday and two days ago I weighed in at 174.2, a lot less than I wanted to, I was hoping to be above 177 yesterday after I worked out but that didn’t happen which is fine, my workouts aren’t suffering, still pushing the same weight maybe 1 less rep on each set max. Anyway as for training I haven’t changed my lifting regimen up at all, I’ve always been told “if it ain’t broke don’t fix it” and I’m seeing progress with my regiment so I’m not gonna change it probably for a while. I’ve added cardio to my schedule though, 3 days a week mon, wed and fri, for about 250 calories burned according to the machines I use. Doing this has made it so I can eat as much as I have been and still be able to lose weight which is fantastic. I’ve been seeing changes in my body comp because I’m noticing new veins popping up especially in my biceps and some in my lower abs, this tells me I’m losing at least some fat which is great. The hunger pangs are starting to strike sometimes but they’re not uncontrollable so I’m able to deal with them for now, I honestly can’t wait for them to get worse it’ll really test my mental toughness and knowing that I can stay disciplined and not give into urges will give me a huge confidence boost.

Anyway here are some progress photos from yesterday, one from the morning and one from after my workout. I can’t wait for more progress to come, I’m hoping to be between 175-176 by the end of tomorrow. Only like 12 more pounds to go!!

IMG_0772.jpg

IMG_0776.jpg

Dracob_

Dracob_

Awards
Alright so I’m about 10 weeks out and as of 2 days ago I was at 174.2, things are going very well, I feel good hunger is getting a little more intensified but still not anything too crazy. My diet has not changed whatsoever since last I posted, seems as if the extra cardio is doing wonders as I am still losing weight even with eating the same as I was, I’m still doing about 250 calories worth of cardio give or take and the weight I’m lifting is the same as it has been, one thing I’m noticing now though is my muscles get fatigued a lot quicker than they used to so during the latter end of my workouts I’m pretty exhausted. Still the same split with chest back and arms twice a week and shoulders and legs once. Starting to notice a lot more vascularity in my shoulders and arms, I’m really enjoying this prep and think it is going very well, super excited for what is to come and only 10 more pounds to go! With only ten weeks until the show I’m right on track with where I wanted to be by the end of the cut.

Here are some progress photos from the other day, couldn’t resist the good lighting in this room, these were taken about 30-45 minutes post workout so I do have a leftover pump from my workout.

IMG_0808.jpg

IMG_0810.jpg

IMG_0811.jpg

Dracob_

Dracob_

Awards
Hi all,

So I know it’s been a while since I’ve posted it’s been a hell of a couple of weeks, there has been a flu going around and I’ve been feeling kind of sick during this period and it has really taken away from my time to be able to post, I’ve been trying to stay disciplined with my diet and training during this time though. Yesterday was the worst of it as I was only able to eat breakfast and was awake for probably a total of 2 hours of the day, I think all of the rest helped though as I don’t feel so much sick today as I do just lethargic.

Anyway into the prep, my show is in about 6 or 7 weeks and as of today I weighed 168.4, granted my fluid intake has been very low because of being sick and all, I’d say with fluids I’m about 170-171 which is perfect and I am still on track to be where I want to be. Training is consistent and hasn’t changed since the beginning of the prep and diet has not changed for the last several weeks either, the weight I’m pushing is consistent however my stamina is a lot lower than it was so my reps are down by 1-2 for each lift. I will be upping my cardio to about 300-400 calories per day so I can keep eating what I have been eating and still lose weight as my weight is kind of beginning to stall at between 169-172 pounds.

No posing pics as I haven’t taken any in a while but here are some from after my workout today to show progress, I’ll try to take some posing pics tomorrow to post.

IMG_1521424965.844403.jpg

IMG_1521424975.478384.jpg

Thank you to those who are following along!

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Keep up the good effort. i see more definition. More lower fat to lose. Keep it going , you can make some great progress in 7 weeks

how many minutes cardio are you do , and is it everyday?

Dracob_

Dracob_

Awards
Keep up the good effort. i see more definition. More lower fat to lose. Keep it going , you can make some great progress in 7 weeks

how many minutes cardio are you do , and is it everyday?
Thank you! I do usually around 20-25 minutes of cardio that’s how long it usually takes me to burn around 300 calories according to the treadmill I use, I alternate between uphill walking on its highest incline setting and running at about half of that incline

Dracob_

Dracob_

Awards
And I do cardio 5 days a week, I take weekends off

Dracob_

Dracob_

Awards
Hello all,

So as of tomorrow I will be officially 5 weeks out, I’m fluctuating between 162-165 pounds every day usually based on my water consumption that day, my diet is the same thing every day consisting of chicken or lean beef and peanut butter sandwiches pretty much, if you would like a more detailed meal layout for my days I’m willing to let you all know what I do since it’s pretty much the same thing every day it won’t be very extensive of a list of foods. Anyway I’m way ahead of schedule as far as weight so I’m just sort of trying to maintain or lose weight much slower rather than keep losing it at the rate I am.

My body composition has changed drastically since the start and I am very pleased with where I am at so far, I am seeing veins and striations I have never seen before I’m my life, yesterday morning I was able to see small striations in my glutes which for me has always been a goal for a prep, it tells me I’m reaching a very impressive amount of conditioning, especially for a natural bodybuilder. My goal for contest day was 164 and since I am at that or below occasionally I think I may shoot for 160 on competition day.

The things that suck that I’m sure all of you know if you have cut to this level before, I am constantly hungry, no matter what I eat, I’ll eat veggies until I’m stuffed then 20 minutes later I will be hungry again, it’s basically non-stop all day every day which is rough to say the least, and also I am extremely short tempered, I try to avoid situations that can irritate me for that reason. However I’m surprisingly extremely happy generally and I feel very confident in myself and this has taught me that I can stay mentally tough and disciplined in times where my body is not functioning on all cylinders, maybe only half of them to be honest lol

As for training, it has stayed consistent all this time, my muscle endurance is low, I probably do 2-3 reps less on all my working sets than I used to that’s a hard realization but also I’m very glad I’m able to still even push the weight I was doing before the cut, tells me I haven’t lost too much strength during this prep which I know is a thing most people deal with during preps.

As for Cardio I am actually going to lower from 300 cals a day back to 200 on Monday Wednesday and fridays, I have wrestling practice as my cardio two days a week and I underestimate how much I burn during practices so I think that may be the reason I’m ahead of schedule as far as weight loss.

Anyway here is a comparison photo from where I started at 184 lbs to me yesterday at 163 lbs. and also a cool pic in my opinion of my leg I took the other day.

IMG_1522429594.056107.jpg

IMG_0207.jpg

I want to have my friend take some posing pictures of me so I may be posting some soon to really show you all the condition I have right now and for comparison to my last set of posing pictures.

I am so excited for this competition and to be stepping out of my comfort zone to do something like this! And thank you to all who are following along!

Dracob_

Dracob_

Awards
Hi all,

Here are some posing pics as I said I would get. They were taken after my chest tris workout today, the angle is kind of bad because I didn’t have anyone to take them so I took screenshots from a video I took however, they will do. I seem to be retaining a little bit of water which at this time is fine with me seeing as the competition isn’t for a while but I can see more and more small details popping out in my physique as time continues to go on.

IMG_1522634375.093906.jpg

IMG_1522634395.557994.jpg

IMG_1522634409.283873.jpg

IMG_1522634419.551513.jpg

Dracob_

Dracob_

Awards
Alright so as of today I am 4 weeks out, I am fluctuating between 165-167 but I feel that I am retaining quite a bit of water, so I’m thinking without after I’m between 162-165 still, something I have noticed is that I’m starting to get constipated a lot lately sometimes going a day or two without bathroom which is weird because I eat over the daily recommended amount of fiber, anyway I bought a mild laxative to see if that would help my body and to say it has helped may be an understatement.

Anyway, things are getting down to the nitty gritty and tiny details are starting to matter a lot more, I’m thinking now I would like my on stage weight to be 160 pounds, however with me hitting a plateau right now I think in weight loss I’m not sure which I should do; lower calories keep cardio the same, up cardio keep calories the same, up cardio and lower calories a small amount or, just maintain until show day. Some input on what I could do to really nail my conditioning come show day would be amazing please let me know what you guys think I should do, if anything. I would like a little lower body fat so I’m thinking maintaining is my last resort, anyway please let me know if you have any pointers I would really appreciate it!

Overall progress pics from January 1st to April 6th:

187 to 166

IMG_1523117296.388996.jpg

180 to 166

IMG_1523117351.231659.jpg

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Excellent progress!! Looking great!! MrKleen73 or tyga tyga might have some pointers for you...I know they’ve both competed.

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Subbed for the rest of the journey. Great job so far. I've never competed, but I wonder if a small bump in cals for a day or two might help your stall. Similar to a refeed day I've seen when others are dieting? But interested to hear what those who have competed say. How'd you place the first go round?

Dracob_

Dracob_

Awards
Subbed for the rest of the journey. Great job so far. I've never competed, but I wonder if a small bump in cals for a day or two might help your stall. Similar to a refeed day I've seen when others are dieting? But interested to hear what those who have competed say. How'd you place the first go round?
Thank you for the feedback! I’ll look into that, maybe that could give my metabolism a little boost for the weeks to come! And I have never competed before, this will be my first competition :)

Dracob_

Dracob_

Awards
Hey guys,

Does anyone have any suggestions for bloat and constipation during prep?

I get enough fiber and my sodium intake is not very high maybe 800-1500mg a day. I tried the mild laxative route and in the mornings I’m miserable and FLAT/SOFT AF because my body is just drained of all it’s electrolytes and fluids so I’m done using them unless that is my only option. I’m kind of stumped on what could be the cause of this bloat and constipation but I’m really over it cause I feel like crap. I eat several servings of veggies per day, stay consistent with fiber, drink a gallon to two gallons of water per day I don’t know what it could be at this point.

Dracob_

Dracob_

Awards
Hi all,

So I am officially 2 and a half weeks out, weighing in at 163lbs even today, I feel like crap haha I’m always hungry and irritable still, my strength is still relatively normal surprisingly though, maybe 2-3 reps less on the same weights as when I started the cut which is awesome considering how I feel on a daily basis. I have upped my cardio to about 400 calories every day including weekends and I’m feeling pretty good about my physique going into this show. Hopefully I can lose one more pound of fat and shed a little water before show day but we will see. My bloat has gone down considerably since I last posted which is awesome, turns out I had the flu but I didn’t let that stop me from training or sticking to my diet.

Here’s some pics from today, these were after leg day so it was kind of hard to flex them but I think these show my progress very well.

IMG_1524088116.879857.jpg

IMG_1524088139.064623.jpg

IMG_1524088164.396475.jpg

IMG_1524088189.007700.jpg

IMG_1524088224.186748.jpg

Thank you again to those who have followed along and posted, it’s been great receiving some feedback from like minded people as my friends aren’t into fitness and bodybuilding the same way I am.

This has been a hell of a ride and I’m very excited for show day and I also can wait to start bulking again, I have cravings for everything at this point. The goal for this next bulk which I think will last about two years is to build up my back width especially from the front, my chest, and triceps as I feel those are my weakest points.

nickodemus

nickodemus

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
be sure to show us some pics with some shade on ya

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Dude, you shredded up real nice. Good luck with the show!

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Great conditioning for your first show. One thing it appears is your upper body comes in quite a lot before your lower body. This is where you see how your genetics are . Some guys quads are always separated and such. Some its the last thing that comes in.

Consistent progress no doubt

Dracob_

Dracob_

Awards
Here we go, I’m so excited, 3 days out, I weighed in at 159.6 this morning on an empty stomach, I started tracking my macros this week because the last week and a half were horrible and man is it making a difference and a change in my mindset has helped immensely, I used to stress about everything for no reason and now I’m realizing these hardships from cutting are all a part of the journey and this is only a stepping stone into my life in physique building and competition so I am a lot less stressed than I was and I lost a ton of water weight from it, it’s amazing what stress will do to your body, I have fluctuated in the last 4 days from 163.8 to 165 to 162.2 and now 159.6 and I feel good! Haven’t changed up my diet or anything, water intake is at least a gallon a day and will keep it that way through show day. Sodium intake is high and I’m having potassium to keep my ratios okay and keep my muscles full. I’m slowly carbing up leading to show day, maybe 5-15g extra per day to see what that does and lowering my protein a little in relation, if it doesn’t do anything by tomorrow I will just continue with my regular macros as I felt somewhat full with those. I changed my LISS cardio to HIIT and did 20 minutes Monday and 30 minutes yesterday, today I will be doing 15 minutes and probably 15 minutes tomorrow and Friday. I have been reading a lot on metabolic adaptation and have read that your body won’t adjust to HIIT the same way it does to LISS and it seems to be working which is great!

One big takeaway from this is I will track my macros the entire prep next time and not do intuitive eating until the last week of prep. Tracking makes eating that much easier and makes it so I can actually eat more than I normally had.

As far as training I have done somewhat light loads, about 80% of normal weight for the last three days and the next two I will be doing one exercise circuits for 3 set each on each body part to keep my glycogen stores up, nothing too intense maybe 60% of normal and 15-20 reps per set and that’s it, should be only like 30-45 minute workouts.

I’m feeling really good right now and positive about this, pumped for it to be over but I’m just as excited to step out of my comfort zone and do this. Anyway here is me three days out and a comparison photo, and a pretty good pic of my back too.

IMG_0092.jpg

IMG_0553.jpg

IMG_0549.jpg

Dracob_

Dracob_

Awards
It is actually quite fascinating to me what stress and cortisol can do to the body and it’s composition.

IMG_1525297908.553746.jpg

The picture on the left was me two days ago stressed out of my mind and obviously the pic on the right was today. The amount of water I shed from just changing my mindset and not stressing about this journey seems fake and not possible but sure enough it happened.

I have been reading articles and listening to a lot of podcasts on body composition through extreme diets such as contest preps and now having an understanding on why my body was reacting the way it was boosts my confidence so much and has completely changed the way I approach this last week and how I will approach progressing my physique in the future.

If anyone has any recommendations on people, articles to read and/or podcasts to listen to I’d love to hear them!! I currently am listening to a lot of 3dmj and Jeff Nippard podcasts and they are loaded with information! I am natural so if anyone has suggestions I would like them to be catered toward natural bodybuilding and such but also just in general anything would be awesome! I would really love to expand my knowledge on this sport of building your physique as I have a very deep passion for that and pushing myself to my limits and having a more in depth understanding on the human body will help me a lot on my journey.

Thank you again to everyone who has followed along, I know I say it every time but I really do appreciate it. I probably won’t post again until show day, I’m super excited to see the final package and to share the outcome with you all!

nickodemus

nickodemus

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Looking good, let us know how it turns out.

Dracob_

Dracob_

Awards
Well, this will be the final post of this prep, and I’m happy to announce...I won not only my class but also the overall! I’m ecstatic, there’s nothing like this feeling. Now the plan is to indulge for the weekend then probably find a good coach for natural bodybuilders and regardless if I find one or not, I will successfully reverse diet out of this and I plan to lean bulk for at least the next year or two and then compete again, I’m thinking of taking it to the next level, depending on how much I gain considering I’m going to do everything in my power to do everything properly now I should make substantial gains, more thank I think I have ever before, then go into a national natural bbing organization with intent of becoming a pro, if my genetics are good enough I want to make the change into classic physique but I do not mind staying in physique, however I may transition into the npc who knows, I plan to stay natural for this entire off season though so we’ll see where I end up.

Thank you to everyone who followed along and I hope you enjoyed the prep log.

Here is the final transformation.

IMG_0092.jpg

IMG_0586.jpg

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
what class were you in? how many guys did you compete against in your class?

you won the physique overall?

Congrats!!!!!!!

nickodemus

nickodemus

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Congrats! Where was the competition, and what federation?

Building12

Awards
Hi all,

Here are some posing pics as I said I would get. They were taken after my chest tris workout today, the angle is kind of bad because I didn’t have anyone to take them so I took screenshots from a video I took however, they will do. I seem to be retaining a little bit of water which at this time is fine with me seeing as the competition isn’t for a while but I can see more and more small details popping out in my physique as time continues to go on.

View attachment 162752

View attachment 162753

View attachment 162754

View attachment 162755
Amazing transformation. Well done.

Dracob_

Dracob_

Awards
what class were you in? how many guys did you compete against in your class?

you won the physique overall?

Congrats!!!!!!!
Thanks man I appreciate that! And I was in the men’s physique short division, it was up to and including 5’ 9” and I think there were 12 people in my class and total in all physique classes there was probably around 25-30 people, and yes I won the overall as well to my surprise! I will definitely compete again at some point as that was the most exciting thing I’ve ever done in my life and what a journey a contest prep is! but right now it’s time to gain some size and I hope (if my genetics are good enough) to transition into classic physique as that is my preferred look, I think I have the proportions for it we’ll just have to see if I can put on some good size in the off season which should last for the next two years or so.

Dracob_

Dracob_

Awards
Congrats! Where was the competition, and what federation?
Thank you! And it was in Redding here in California at a place called Win River casino and resort! No federation it’s just a competition a couple started to bring bodybuilding to the north state as there’s nothing here as far as competition above Sacramento unless you go into Oregon or Washington. It’s called the NorCal fitness classic that happens every year, I’m not sure if any pictures have been posted or anything yet though I’m still waiting to get my professional ones back from the photographer! I’ll probably post some of those once I get them to show you all myself and my competition on stage! I felt the lineup was pretty good considering our location, I for sure didn’t think I was going to win, I thought I was in 4th after pre-judging at best but I’m guessing my conditioning paid off! I didn’t speak to the judges or anything because I didn’t realize you could so I have no idea what they thought of me or the reasoning behind my placing

Jakeoh

Awards
Hello sorry to bug you, but how tall are you? Just curious. I've been training for about a month and our physiques look quite similar which makes me hopeful for my first show in September. My show is OCB and will be drug tested and everyone takes a polygraph, no PEDs for 7 years.

I'm 6'3" up to about 200lbs 8% BF from starting at a flat 180 with 12%.

Please let me know how you do! I'll be cheering for you and continuing to train with renewed vigor! My goal is not place last as I too am looking for experience and am a little new

Low

Low

Awards
Hey this is great stuff bro. I just read this while post and learned a lot from you that you experienced on along your journey! Thanks for sharing this you look phenomenal!!! Nice work bro!!! Congrats on your win!!!

Low

Low

Awards
Hey this is great stuff bro. I just read this while post and learned a lot from you that you experienced on along your journey! Thanks for sharing this you look phenomenal!!! Nice work bro!!! Congrats on your win!!!
Props too for keeping it natty!! Impressive!!