Height : weight ratio, what is ideal?

TNmuscle

TNmuscle

Awards
I am 5'7"ish (I like to think 5'8") What is the ideal weight for a physique show? I was looking at it looks like 170 is heavy. I am 167 now, and it may be a mental thing but to go below 160 is terrifying! However, if I was ripped at 161 I would not complain.

I am 43, natural, diet and cardio is on point. I may need to cut cardio down actually.

Thank you gentleman.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I compete in classic Physique and like the ht and wt ratio here.

I measured in at 6 foot 2 and a half inches at weighs in at Junior Nationals this past summer. My weight limit is 225-232 in the NPC. When a classic physique competitor turns pro weight goes up a little.

TNmuscle

TNmuscle

Awards
I compete in classic Physique and like the ht and wt ratio here.

I measured in at 6 foot 2 and a half inches at weighs in at Junior Nationals this past summer. My weight limit is 225-232 in the NPC. When a classic physique competitor turns pro weight goes up a little.
And you came in at 230?

TNmuscle

TNmuscle

Awards
Dang bro, nice work. Yeah, I have been out of the game for a bit, learning the difference now.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
new rules for classic physique NPC division, five pounds has been added to the NPC .

That means for my height of 6ft2.5 I can come in at 230 and be safe and may be able to come in at 237.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
There is no ideal.. just look perfect at whatever you are.