5 Days Out From Physique Competition...And It Gets Cancelled

dmelv1993

dmelv1993

Awards
Hey guys,

First time natural physique competitor here. As of yesterday I was 5 days out from my first physique show which would of been this saturday July 16th. Im 23 years old, height is 5'8, weighing about 146-147lbs and possibly around 7 to 7.5% bodyfat.

Anyways, last night (monday) i get a call from the promoter of the show and the ****ing show got cancelled due to lack of participation. I immediately panicked and was quite pissed as well since i have been prepping for 16 weeks now. Didnt want all my work to go to waste so I ended up finding a ANBF show in my area which is on August 27, so not counting this week it is 6 weeks away.

My question here is how should I handle my prep for this new show I am planning on doing. I am still pretty new to all this and will be a novice competitor. In one way this could be good because i made a few mistakes in my prep and could shed another pound or two and lose another percentage of bodyfat. But also as you can tell from my stats I am not that big and cant continue to lose too much weight leading up to this show.

Any advice on how I should handle my prep and diet into this show? Any thoughts and ideas would be much appreciated.

ManimalPatB

ManimalPatB

Awards
Keep doing what you were doing, that is the one major problem with bodybuilding shows is that they can get cancelled an nobody knows.

But keep at it with your diet and training, this is a good thing as you can still come in better shape because you have extra time now to play around and find out what works for you

Good luck!

dmelv1993

dmelv1993

Awards
Thanks for the reply. Yeah honestly I planned to finish out this week doing somewhat of a mock "peak week", do a little water loading and depleting then a carb load. Try to get an idea of how I would look assuming I was still competing this week.

After that I'll ease back into prep the next week and the next five weeks after that just sharpen up my condition and come in the best I can

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Best of luck. That really sucks, but at least you're making the most of the situation.

If you don't mind, will you keep this thread updated (even if it's just near the end) with how things go for you? I'd love to hear how you think you do the mock peak week this time and then what it ends up at for the new competition (e.g. if you learned and were able to come in sharper, etc.).

dmelv1993

dmelv1993

Awards
Definitely will keep the thread updated. I'll get some photos posted this week showing my current condition

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Definitely will keep the thread updated. I'll get some photos posted this week showing my current condition
Appreciate it.

Very interested to follow along. Hoping it pays off well for you.