How many days out to start carb up

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
just what the title says. I've read various things and was wondering how many days to people usually start to carb up.

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
i see most commonly 3. really depends on how carbs effect you. 2 carb one off then some on contest day.

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
i see most commonly 3. really depends on how carbs effect you. 2 carb one off then some on contest day.
so if i had something on Sat you'd say carb on wed and thursday low carb friday and carb up Sat?

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
i would go Sat. have some.
Tuesday some but just enough maybe after training.
Wed. the same as Tuesday.
Friday a little in the morn maybe 1/2 of wed. amount
sat preshow.

I can recomend amounts or timing since i dont really know you or body type. Just know once you feel flat and depleted and beat, 50g will go a LONG way. If its your fisrt show/heavy cut i would highly favor the low side. Can always eat a bit more but its way harder to rid of bloat.

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
i would go Sat. have some.
Tuesday some but just enough maybe after training.
Wed. the same as Tuesday.
Friday a little in the morn maybe 1/2 of wed. amount
sat preshow.

I can recomend amounts or timing since i dont really know you or body type. Just know once you feel flat and depleted and beat, 50g will go a LONG way. If its your fisrt show/heavy cut i would highly favor the low side. Can always eat a bit more but its way harder to rid of bloat.
thanks for your advice. How long before do you cut carbs and what do you go down to personally.. Right now I'm cycling between 50-150gms a day depending if it's HIIT or a Major body part day.