BAIBA explained visually

H

henryv

Awards
  • Established

References:
Asen S, Thompson JF, Morris CJ, Irreverre F. Isolation of β-Aminoisobutyric Acid from Bulbs of Iris tingitana var. Wedgewood. J Biol Chem. 1959 Jan 2;234(2):343–6.

References:
Plaxco KW, Gross M. Astrobiology: A Brief Introduction. Baltimore: Johns Hopkins University Press; 2011. p87.
Ehrenfreund P, Glavin DP, Botta O, Cooper G, Bada JL. Extraterrestrial amino acids in Orgueil and Ivuna: Tracing the parent body of CI type carbonaceous chondrites. PNAS. 2001 Feb 27;98(5):2138–41.

H

henryv

Awards
  • Established

References:
Fink K, Henderson RB, Fink RM. Beta-aminoisobutyric acid, a possible factor in pyrimidine metabolism. Proc Soc Exp Biol Med. 1951 Oct;78(1):135–41.
Kupiecki FP, Coon MJ. THE ENZYMATIC SYNTHESIS OF β-AMINOISOBUTYRATE. A PRODUCT OF VALINE METABOLISM, AND OF β-ALANINE, A PRODUCT OF β-HYDROXYPROPIONATE METABOLISM. J Biol Chem. 1957 Jan 12;229(2):743–54.

References:
Crumpler HR, Dent CE, Harris H, Westall RG. beta-Aminoisobutyric acid (alpha-methyl-beta-alanine); a new amino-acid obtained from human urine. Nature. 1951 Feb 24;167(4243):307–8.

Reference:
Canellakis ES. Pyrimidine Metabolism I. Enzymatic Pathways of Uracil and Thymine Degradation. J Biol Chem. 1956 Jan 7;221(1):315–22.

Reference:
Begriche K, Massart J, Fromenty B. Effects of β-aminoisobutyric acid on leptin production and lipid homeostasis: mechanisms and possible relevance for the prevention of obesity. Fundam Clin Pharmacol. 2010 Jun;24(3):269–82.

H

henryv

Awards
  • Established

References:
Gaou I, Malliti M, Guimont M-C, Lettéron P, Demeilliers C, Peytavin G, et al. Effect of Stavudine on Mitochondrial Genome and Fatty Acid Oxidation in Lean and Obese Mice. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2001 Jan 5;297(2):516–23.
Note R, Maisonneuve C, Lettéron P, Peytavin G, Djouadi F, Igoudjil A, et al. Mitochondrial and metabolic effects of nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitors (NRTIs) in mice receiving one of five single- and three dual-NRTI treatments. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2003 Nov;47(11):3384–92.

References:
Maisonneuve C, Igoudjil A, Begriche K, Lettéron P, Guimont M-C, Bastin J, et al. Effects of zidovudine, stavudine and beta-aminoisobutyric acid on lipid homeostasis in mice: possible role in human fat wasting. Antivir Ther (Lond). 2004 Oct;9(5):801–10.
Igoudjil A, Abbey-Toby A, Begriche K, Grodet A, Chataigner K, Peytavin G, et al. High doses of stavudine induce fat wasting and mild liver damage without impairing mitochondrial respiration in mice. Antivir Ther (Lond). 2007;12(3):389–400.
Igoudjil A, Massart J, Begriche K, Descatoire V, Robin M-A, Fromenty B. High concentrations of stavudine impair fatty acid oxidation without depleting mitochondrial DNA in cultured rat hepatocytes. Toxicology in Vitro. 2008 Jun;22(4):887–98.

(stock image)

References:
665 A thymine catabolite, β-aminoisobutyric acid, reduces hepatic dysfunction and metabolic disorders in overweight or obese mice. Journal of Hepatology. 2005 Apr 1;42:243.
Begriche K, Massart J, Abbey-Toby A, Igoudjil A, Lettéron P, Fromenty B. Beta-aminoisobutyric acid prevents diet-induced obesity in mice with partial leptin deficiency. Obesity (Silver Spring). 2008 Sep;16(9):2053–67.
Begriche K, Massart J, Fromenty B. Effects of β-aminoisobutyric acid on leptin production and lipid homeostasis: mechanisms and possible relevance for the prevention of obesity. Fundam Clin Pharmacol. 2010 Jun;24(3):269–82.

V

Vj63

Banned
Awards
So if someone gets hit by a meteorite will they get a sufficient dose of BAIBA to be effective for weight loss.

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Good stuff Henry. It's great in lipomorph and I will pick some up solo down the road.

H

henryv

Awards
  • Established
So if someone gets hit by a meteorite will they get a sufficient dose of BAIBA to be effective for weight loss.
Interestingly, it might be that the amino acids like BAIBA that have been detected in meteorites were formed when they impacted with the planet, rather than in space, coming into being from more basic chemical ingredients in something they call ‘shock synthesis’.
See: Shock synthesis of amino acids from impacting cometary and icy planet surface analogues

V

Vj63

Banned
Awards
Thanks Henry.

I was just messing with you, I am a fan of Antaeus and I like the way you guys go about looking at different compounds and not just coming out with the same retreads as most companies.

daniel11

daniel11

Awards
  • Established
My wife is running Baiba now and she is putting on lean mass, and her fat seems to continue to shed also.

She loves the thermal affect it has on her when she works out, and she seems to sweat more...

Grayson

Grayson

Awards
  • Established
What's a starting dosage for BAIBA?

stankyleg

stankyleg

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Anyone logging this stuff on here? I'm thinking of adding it to the last 4 weeks of my cycle.

H

henryv

Awards
  • Established
Anyone logging this stuff on here? I'm thinking of adding it to the last 4 weeks of my cycle.
Send me your name and address by PM and we'll send you a bottle out free, in exchange for your feedback.

stankyleg

stankyleg

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Clear your pm's brother. Thanks for the awesome opportunity.

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Send me your name and address by PM and we'll send you a bottle out free, in exchange for your feedback.
Wow thats awesome. Not to many companies would be willing to do that.

Oh and good read thanks.

stankyleg

stankyleg

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

Oh and good read thanks.
No doubt. I was telling henryv in my pm how much I appreciate the opportunity. I also told him I'm gonna do the review at 30 days, and if it's going good, keep it rolling for another 30-60 on my own dime. I guess it'll be a log at that point. Stoked.

C

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I would be interested in trying this out as well

H

henryv

Awards
  • Established

Oh and good read thanks.
Thanks for reading.

No doubt. I was telling henryv in my pm how much I appreciate the opportunity. I also told him I'm gonna do the review at 30 days, and if it's going good, keep it rolling for another 30-60 on my own dime. I guess it'll be a log at that point. Stoked.
We'll get that out to you.

I would be interested in trying this out as well
Maybe we'll have to run another competition and give away some more products then. I'll try and get something up this week.

H

henryv

Awards
  • Established
Here's some unbiased feedback that a paying customer posted today:

This is just a HONEST NO HYPE review because I paid for it myself and I could see this being a game changer after a few more weeks because it feels like it's building up in my body and everyday it just gets better. I want to figure out what pathway this product uses to make it work so damn good.
So far this is getting 5 stars from me and if your on the fence about picking some up just JUMP and get yourself a good supply.
Link to original post

stankyleg

stankyleg

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Came in today. Planning on a gram a day. What dosing protocol do you recommend? All at once? Split? Preworkout?

daniel11

daniel11

Awards
  • Established
1 gram a day is a very good dose. I have my wife on that pre-workout and she sweats like crazy and feels very nice thermogenic effect.

There are some good feedback from users taking up lot 2 grams/day getting some amazing results. I wouldn't start there though. Try 500 and work up.

This also stacks well with other fat burners.

C

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'll be adding this to my ongoing HRT log and will be dosing 500mg with a meal on workout days (5 per week) and 1g with a meal (or over 2 meals) on off days (2 per week)

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
In......

What's the MOA of this stuff?

Want to see what might possibly be used for synergistic effect.

H

henryv

Awards
  • Established
In......

What's the MOA of this stuff?

Want to see what might possibly be used for synergistic effect.
Iirc, PPAR agonist...so like how TTA or GW work..
Its effects have been variously identified as PPARa-dependent and leptin-dependent, yeah. As far as synergism goes, the LipoMorph formula was designed to work synergistically around BAIBA. EvoMuse BRITE also works along the same lines (white fat browning/PPARa).

Journal articles on BAIBA:
β-Aminoisobutyric acid induces browning of white fat and hepatic β-oxidation and is inversely correlated with cardiometabolic risk factors (free pdf)
Recent data on obesity research: β-aminoisobutyric acid (free pdf)

Mattabolic

Mattabolic

Awards
  • Established
Lipomorph Is Golddddddddddddddddd lost a lot of weight with it stacked with synthermo was losing 3lbs a week lol. Imagine exotherm with it. Interesting was just curious about BAIBA saw it in a stack on TGB.

C

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Lipomorph Is Golddddddddddddddddd lost a lot of weight with it stacked with synthermo was losing 3lbs a week lol. Imagine exotherm with it. Interesting was just curious about BAIBA saw it in a stack on TGB.
You can use code MAH5 for 5% off at tgb

stankyleg

stankyleg

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If your diet is sound, and you're doing cardio, baiba is great. It's not super fast, but it works steady. If you want to stay lean yr round, it would be great. It's more of a crock pot type of approach. It's slow and steady. If you want the microwave oven, buy some thermo that is bad for your heart. I'm knocking on 40. Baiba is gonna be in my mix for a while.

L

Lendo

Awards
henryv (or anyone else):

Can I throw the BAIBA in with a BCAA drink (that I either drink throughout the day or pre/intra workout)?

Mattabolic

Mattabolic

Awards
  • Established
Lendo yea I'd throw it in with your BCAAS u probably could in a pre workout but would be better off putting it in your BCAAS

C

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If your diet is sound, and you're doing cardio, baiba is great. It's not super fast, but it works steady. If you want to stay lean yr round, it would be great. It's more of a crock pot type of approach. It's slow and steady. If you want the microwave oven, buy some thermo that is bad for your heart. I'm knocking on 40. Baiba is gonna be in my mix for a while.
Also great for reverse dieting phases, keeping bulks lean, and helping with individuals with metabolic damage

stankyleg

stankyleg

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Mattabolic

Mattabolic

Awards
  • Established
Gonna have to keep that in mind so many people have ruined people on crash diets and wrecked their metabolism . So that would be good to use thx for suggestion.

C

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Gonna have to keep that in mind so many people have ruined people on crash diets and wrecked their metabolism . So that would be good to use thx for suggestion.
I speak from Experience so no problem

Alex281

Alex281

Awards
  • Established
Would it be benifial to stack Lipomorph with Cardar1ne ? Synergy of PPar-modulation?

H

henryv

Awards
  • Established
henryv (or anyone else):

Can I throw the BAIBA in with a BCAA drink (that I either drink throughout the day or pre/intra workout)?
Yeah, absolutely.

Would it be benifial to stack Lipomorph with Cardar1ne ? Synergy of PPar-modulation?
There are several different PPAR receptors, the modulation of which have different effects. BAIBA's effects are understood to be PPARα (alpha) dependent. Cardarine (GW501516) is a PPARδ (delta) agonist. Both receptors are involved in lipid metabolism, but the latter product isn't something we'd be comfortable recommending, nor could I confidently say there'd be any synergism.

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah, absolutely.

There are several different PPAR receptors, the modulation of which have different effects. BAIBA's effects are understood to be PPARα (alpha) dependent. Cardarine (GW501516) is a PPARδ (delta) agonist. Both receptors are involved in lipid metabolism, but the latter product isn't something we'd be comfortable recommending, nor could I confidently say there'd be any synergism.
Would you please expound on this Henry? Other than the cancer risk (which is a biggie of course), I have not heard of any potential adverse sides or risks of GW (PPAR-beta/delta).

Thanks in advance.

Alex281

Alex281

Awards
  • Established
Would you please expound on this Henry? Other than the cancer risk (which is a biggie of course), I have not heard of any potential adverse sides or risks of GW (PPAR-beta/delta).

Thanks in advance.
Interested in this as well.

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Just a guess, but probably can't recommend GW b/c it's a research drug and not classified as a dietary supp...

C

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I would personally stay away from GW after all the research I did. I had opportunities to take it for free and didn't..

H

henryv

Awards
  • Established

Thanks in advance.
PPAR beta/delta isn't just involved in lipid metabolism. It's also involved in things like skin and the immune system (see for example: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20300524).
I don't really want to derail the thread though.

Mattabolic

Mattabolic

Awards
  • Established
I would be interested to throw this in my stack next month but not sure if it would be worth it. I was gonna run lipomorph,synthermo,exotherm,vasoburn,epg epi,.

H

henryv

Awards
  • Established
I would be interested to throw this in my stack next month but not sure if it would be worth it. I was gonna run lipomorph,synthermo,exotherm,vasoburn,epg epi,.
If you're going to be taking LipoMorph, you'll be getting BAIBA in there. It's the cornerstone of the formula.

Mattabolic

Mattabolic

Awards
  • Established
K then il just skip out didn't know if id be better off adding it or just would be nough in lipomorph. I have taken lipo before and man a diet in check its soliddddddddddddd formula I stacked it with synthermo but most cut I ever got .

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I can get your guys BAIBA for super cheap from a friend and was wonder if it would be worth adding it to my stack that i will be using very soon? I will be taking EvoMuse brite, metabolic rebirth, and epitome and OL ep1c unleashed.

C

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I can get your guys BAIBA for super cheap from a friend and was wonder if it would be worth adding it to my stack that i will be using very soon? I will be taking EvoMuse brite, metabolic rebirth, and epitome and OL ep1c unleashed.
Yes

H

henryv

Awards
  • Established
It should work well with the EvoMuse products.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T Supplements 7
T Supplements 0
B Supplements 134
delsolrob Iconic Formulations 11
anthon88 Supplements 11