Bunk Cycle Assist

El Hefe

El Hefe

Awards
Who is the CEL rep here? Please send me a pm. I received some bunk Cycle Assist off of Amazon. I also can't seem to find a CEL phone number or working website.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
There is no CEL website at this time. I'm not sure what we can do for you as as far as I know amazon is not a direct distributor and nobody can guarantee that it truly came from CEL.

Also, how do you know it's "bunk"?

Send a pm to mw1 and he will get you sorted out for sure though.

El Hefe

El Hefe

Awards
I don't want anything from CEL. Just trying to help.

I've been using Cycle Assist for about 10 years and the smell (NAC) is unmistakable. So when you receive a bottle that looks slightly different, with a different cap and a totally different smell, it's clearly different.

There used to be talk about knock offs on these forums. I also believe its been stated that knock offs have been sold on Amazon before in the past.

I would assume CEL would want to stay on top of this, especially if the countries largest retailer is selling illegitimate product with their brand on it.

The seller was Steal Station.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I don't want anything from CEL. Just trying to help.

I've been using Cycle Assist for about 10 years and the smell (NAC) is unmistakable. So when you receive a bottle that looks slightly different, with a different cap and a totally different smell, it's clearly different.

There used to be talk about knock offs on these forums. I also believe its been stated that knock offs have been sold on Amazon before in the past.

I would assume CEL would want to stay on top of this, especially if the countries largest retailer is selling illegitimate product with their brand on it.

The seller was Steal Nation.
As I said, we cannot control what comes from third party sellers so I doubt there's much we can do to rectify it. Mike will be able to give you more details, especially if you have the bottle and can give him the lot # and such. We can check if it even came from us (which it sounds unlikely since we have not changed the caps or anything so "different" would almost certainly mean fake).

The simple solution is buy from a reliable source and guarantee what you're getting.

El Hefe

El Hefe

Awards
As I said, we cannot control what comes from third party sellers so I doubt there's much we can do to rectify it. Mike will be able to give you more details, especially if you have the bottle and can give him the lot # and such. We can check if it even came from us (which it sounds unlikely since we have not changed the caps or anything so "different" would almost certainly mean fake).

The simple solution is buy from a reliable source and guarantee what you're getting.
Who are your approved dealers/retailers? It would be good if there were a list.

Some of your approved dealers (I suppose Lockout is one) likely sell on Amazon.

And there's plenty you can do... not for me, but to protect your company and brand.

This company isn't hidden away somewhere selling fakes on the dark web, they're registered, right out in the open selling on Amazon.

That's all... I've pm'd mike.

El Hefe

El Hefe

Awards
I was able to get ahold of the company. CEL is almost nonexistent. SNS is who I actually had to speak to. They agreed that the information indicated a possible knock off. But they later determined it to be legitimate. They said that Cycle Assist almost always has a strong NAC aroma. But this aroma is usually strong and intensified because the product usually sits for a period of time in a warm warehouse. The heat intensifies the smell. This particular product, from this particular reseller is now being sold by Amazon and also stocked in the Amazon warehouse. So 1) the product is moving much faster than before so its fresh and has less aroma and 2) Amazon's warehouses are temperature controlled which also reduces the heat that the supplements are subjected to.

They also confirmed that for a short period there was a manufacturing error/change where different, non-locking caps were used. My batch number correlated to this change.

I was very impressed with the people at SNS. Very helpful.