35 Going on Death?

tomall2

Awards
First, thanks to AM for being the only one outside my immediate family for acknowledging my Birthday. The gift was the same, but it was still nice to hear it from a stranger.

Second, I hope to set up a Zoints page in the future to keep a running blog of all the ***t I go through and have to put up with every day. Recently, I found that writing this stuff out was very therapuetic. Also, I would be interested to know from others just how crazy I am becoming.

Finally, the reason I am writing this is because I recently had an experience that may or may not help someone else out in the future. From all the searching and reading I have done on here, I thought it was only right to share this with such a great community.

Here goes...

About a month or so ago, after a workout, I began to feel an unusual pain in my scrotum area which was limited to only 1 side. I thought I might have pulled something, or even suffered a hernia. Shortly thereafter, the pain/discomfort subsided and I thought everything was good.

The next day, the same thing happened. So I went home and soaked in the tub thinking this would at least relax the skin in that area and aleviate the discomfort. It didn't work. Later that evening me and the wife got busy and I suffered extreme pain upon ejaculation. This scared the crap out of me.

From then on I searched AM, google and any medical page I could find until I had myself scared enough to go see a doctor. The first doctor I went to did a little exam and thought maybe it was a hernia. I felt somewhat relieved. So she sent me to do an ultrasound. The results were negative for everything - no lumps, no masses, no explanation for the pain - all was normal.

Next I went to see an Urologist. (I also have a history of Kidney stones so I had that checked while I was there) He did his exam and then sent me for an X-Ray. I went back in and he showed me the X-ray - tiny granular stones scattered throughout the kidneys but nothing requiring any treatment except drinking plenty of water.

Next he told me everything appeared fine down below and that I was too young to check my prostate. That was fine except he gave me a 2 week sample and a prescription of Flomax (a drug for an enlarged prostate). It was not until I talked with a few friends that I realized (a little slow, I know) that if he thought my prostate was enlarged he should have checked it - not that I'm in to that sort of thing; but the alternative is not checking it and ending up on a slab in a year or two for something that could have been found and treated early. Especially since the meds he gave me worked in getting rid of my pain.

Currently, all seems good. Sex is back on with wife, the sex is painless is all I'll say about that right here. I have another appointment with the first doctor in a week or so and I will express my concerns to her and see what she thinks. So Happy 35th to me and I'm not really eager to see what 36 has in store.

Thanks for reading, you have been a great crowd. :type:

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
The alternative to not seeing 36 has some bad sides to it.

Happy birthday.
LOL that is GREAT!

My sister told me along time ago, DON'T be sad when you are a year older just think next year you will WISH you were the age you are today :)

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
No worries man, everyone feels that way. It's normal.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Oh, and I gave ya something for your birthday! I passed along my aches and pains from turning 31.

yeahright

yeahright

Awards
  • Established
Happy birthday....and yeah, get that prostate checked.

AGELESS

AGELESS

Awards
  • Established
TOMALL2...Happy birthday!!:cheers:

And SHADOW...about wishing to be 35 again.....Hell, I forgot what I was going to right....lol

Last edited by a moderator:

SHADOW2492

Awards

And SHADOW...about wishing to be 35 again.....Hell, I forgot what I was going to wright....lol
Lol Im just bugging the old folkes. Im glad I am 23 and dont have to worry about this yet. One day before I know it I will be in your shoes.

by the way you are looking damn good for your age hell damn good for my age.

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
LOL that is GREAT!

My sister told me along time ago, DON'T be sad when you are a year older just think next year you will WISH you were the age you are today :)
Relativism at it's best! :p

AGELESS

AGELESS

Awards
  • Established
Damn....You look good!!!You got a lucky man!!!

CallmeClark

Awards
  • Established
Happy Birthday man! It sucks that ya had to deal with something like that around birthday time, but it seems like it's workin' itself out.

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
The next day, the same thing happened. So I went home and soaked in the tub thinking this would at least relax the skin in that area and aleviate the discomfort. It didn't work. Later that evening me and the wife got busy and I suffered extreme pain upon ejaculation. This scared the crap out of me.
Bro its funny you say this - It sounds exactly what happened to me a couple weeks ago. I started getting a discomfort on the right side of my scrotum, and of course any pain in that area immediate freaks out any guy. I had strained myself pretty bad about a week before, so I thought it may have been a hernia too. Then, after sex I felt a serious pain that seemed localized to the epididymis/vescicles (the tubes running up the back of the teste). I started googling everything I could about and only freaked myself out worse - then I came upon a site about blockages in the seminal vescicals and the description of symtoms fit pretty well.

Make a long story short - I think that's exactly what it was. After a serious day of lovin' with the lady I felt the pain disappear right after a 'climax', it must have blown the blockage out somehow. It hasnt returned, either.

Check into that though - its something to consider especially if ultrasounds, tests, etc dont show anything.

BV

tomall2

Awards
Thanks BV.

You do a better job of describing it than I did, but that is almost exactly how I felt. It makes more sense too. I am going to google it ASAP.

T

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Thanks BV.

You do a better job of describing it than I did, but that is almost exactly how I felt. It makes more sense too. I am going to google it ASAP.

T
Sorry to get graphic about it - but what really seemed to work was to get myself really worked up, so that the resulting ejac. was one of very high volume:) After a few of those, that discomfort hasn't returned at all.

Are you still experiencing the pain at all?

Bv

tomall2

Awards
After the initial experience I avoided it like the HIV for nearly 6 weeks. After seeing all the docs and starting to think it was all in my head I jumped back in the saddle and really let one fly with no problems. And still no problems since - knock on wood.

Any idea on the cause of this?

tomall2

Awards
Just wanted to give a thanks to all responders. Since I am relatively new here a thanks for the rep points - still looking to see how that works - very generous none the less. A hint on where to find that info would be great if anyone has a second. But I'll keep looking.

Most of the advice given is, has or will be followed; the wife might have a problem when I turn 36 but I kinda like that idea the best. And BV you the man, I am definetly looking into that.

Gonna try and get this Zoints thing going, might have to bug one of my buddies for help. Not that anyone can't get by without my beautiful mug shot melting computer screens across the world. But in the meantime, I'll be trying to contribute as best I can. And Thanks again!!! :D

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hey, he's my Lt. YR. I get all the perks associated with him going gold!

yeahright

yeahright

Awards
  • Established
You might want to get ahold of that roid rage there Dire Mod. Take a time out. ;)

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Gonna go run the clothes line a few minutes but i'll be back!

AGELESS

AGELESS

Awards
  • Established
TOMALL2...Happy birthday!!

And SHADOW...about wishing to be 35 again.....Hell, I forgot what I was going to wright....lol
(original post by AGELESS)

And SHADOW...about wishing to be 35 again.....Hell, I forgot what I was going to right....lol
(after editing by yeahright)

This is MRS. Ageless...I see Ageless had a brainfart, and YEAHRIGHT followed suit....I just wanted to make this post

RIGHT!!

Ageless meant to WRITE that he forgot what he was going to WRITE...not wright.....right Yeahright??:stick:

Now..back to topic...

yeahright

yeahright

Awards
  • Established
I hang my head in shame.

Write:
To form (letters, words, or symbols) on a surface such as paper with an instrument such as a pen.

Wright: One that constructs or repairs something. Often used in combination: a playwright; a shipwright.

Right: Conforming with or conformable to justice, law, or morality: do the right thing and confess.

Nitrox

Nitrox

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Next he told me everything appeared fine down below and that I was too young to check my prostate.
Not to be a fear monger and this goes for anyone and everyone. Everytime I hear a doc's response like this I think of a co-worker I had several years ago. At the time she was 29 and had a lump in her breast so she went to her GP to have it checked out. "You're too young for breast cancer. Don't worry about it," she was told. No exam or followup. She took her doc's advice.

A year later it became painful and she went to a clinic. They did run tests. She heard back from them the following day. It was a malignant tumour and further tests showed it had spread. She died a couple years ago in her early thirties.

You're never too young for anything - low risk does not mean no risk and a good doctor should not be telling you otherwise.

tomall2

Awards
Thanks Nitrox. I have an appointment next week. And it's because of stories like this that I became really concerned and motivated to get this matter looked into further. I'll post updates as I get them. :D

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hell i've even practiced on him a few times to show him how it works.

kdarrell

Awards
I was very unhappy when I turned 25. But as the years keep creeping along, 35 didn't bother me and now 38 doesn't either. To me it's just a number.:icon_lol:

yeahright

yeahright

Awards
  • Established
I was very unhappy when I turned 25. But as the years keep creeping along, 35 didn't bother me and now 38 doesn't either. To me it's just a number.:icon_lol:
It's the numbers that accompany it that are of concern (cholesterol, blood pressure, testosterone, thyroid hormones etc.). :ntome:

kdarrell

Awards
My numbers are the same as when I was 25 so I guess I have nothing to complain about, except possibly that I have more grey hair.

Basso

Basso

Awards
  • Established
My numbers are the same as when I was 25 so I guess I have nothing to complain about, except possibly that I have more grey hair.
Your complaining about having hair?? lol, all ya gotta do is throw in a little color, it's not having hair that is the problem

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah, I finally get over my bald head and now my beard is greying...:hammer:

tomall2

Awards
I go see the Dr this week. The whole Prostate thing makes me uncomfortable but I know it needs to be done. I'm getting bloodwork and the whole deal I think. My wife usually makes all my appointments after she has had enough of dealing with my complaining, but lab work isn't nothing more than a prescription to go somewhere else anyways so that shouldn't be a problem.

I will say, the flomax the urologist gave me is " wicked" awesome. It feels like it freed up my entire midsection. I've lived 35 years and have never felt this loose down there. Just in case someone was contemplating it ... or not.

I figure by the end of next week I should know how much longer I have left or that I'm fine. I'm hoping for the latter but too many stories of other peoples relatives and friends have kinda got me scared $#*@less. At least scared enough to have it checked.

Stay tuned...

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
You know if you don't make it, that opens up another LT. position...hmmm.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
*whistles* I kept hearing a beep when we were talking and thought it was the work phone recording us then my phone died...who'd a thunk.

tomall2

Awards
Update anyone?

Prostate checked out OK. My Dr. wondered why the urologist gave me meds for an enlarged prostate and wouldn't check it, so she did. The flomax is working great, and no more issues have surfaced. Scheduled lab work and changed my BP med and scheduled a follow-up for next month. Heart rate has been hi so she ordered a thyroid test as well.

I've been feeling great and working out so hopefully I can get a clean bill of health soon and I can take care of some of the nagging injuries that are more performance limiting than anything. Hope I don't have to go through this every year.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
He calls me with detailed information. The part about him performing a self prostate exame was a bit much though. At least he could of hung up the phone before starting that's for damn sure. I've never heard so much screaming that wasn't associated with pain in all my life.

willie2

Awards
Have your prostate checked...better safe than sorry...you may not remember Frank Zappa...he had problems urinating...doc's didn't do due diligence...Frank died of prostate cancer...have them check it...a finger up the butt is certainly better than the alternatives...

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
"Fear causes hesitation and hesitation causes your worst fears to come true."

pcn

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Bro its funny you say this - It sounds exactly what happened to me a couple weeks ago. I started getting a discomfort on the right side of my scrotum, and of course any pain in that area immediate freaks out any guy. I had strained myself pretty bad about a week before, so I thought it may have been a hernia too. Then, after sex I felt a serious pain that seemed localized to the epididymis/vescicles (the tubes running up the back of the teste). I started googling everything I could about and only freaked myself out worse - then I came upon a site about blockages in the seminal vescicals and the description of symtoms fit pretty well.

Make a long story short - I think that's exactly what it was. After a serious day of lovin' with the lady I felt the pain disappear right after a 'climax', it must have blown the blockage out somehow. It hasnt returned, either.

Check into that though - its something to consider especially if ultrasounds, tests, etc dont show anything.

BV

I have no symptoms, but may develop them this weekend, just so I can use this type "therapy". I'm afraid this may be a recurring affliction...

(No disrespect intended, and definetly not intended to make light of your situation Tomall2. I'm going through similar medical worries (BP/heart) and feel your stress)

tomall2

Awards
None taken. Hell, whatever works for ya. That type of therapy is definitely good and I would recommend it for almost anything.

Damn, I must be too tired to wit my way out of this one - Game, Set & Match to you pcn - enjoy your weekend!!!