Does a vasectomy effect testosterone production

Hot Rocks

Awards
Does a vasectomy effect testosterone production

I’ve always wanted to ask this question.
Does a vasectomy effect testosterone production or other hormones?

I have read that a vasectomy generally cut down about 30% of the testicular androstenedione/testosterone/DHT production.
Maybe this has been my problem all a long (especial at 53) in trying to put on mass.
Should I increase my weekly test cyp from 500ml to supplement the loss due to the vasectomy? Or stack something else along with it ?
It doesn't seem that anything I do or take helps much in putting on extra muscle.

Also try not to be funny (Unless it is a good one). I know there are many punch lines to answer this question.

Hot Rocks
Maybe not so hot after the vasectomy!

Fastone

Fastone

Awards
  • Established
I don't believe it does. I had a vasectomy at the age of 30 and was able to put on a good bit of mass after that. My suggestion would be to look to your diet and training first, then go from there. It's very easy to overtrain as you get older.

Viperspit

Viperspit

Awards
  • Established
I don't believe that there is a direct tie of sperm count to test levels. I could be wrong, check with your Doc.

BioHazzard

Banned
Awards
  • Established
May be someone is confusing the procedure with neutering. :D

njmuscle66

DS Board Rep
Awards
I had my test levels checked about a year ago (for another purpose ) and they were within the same levels as they were previously of my V. Like others have said -no sides, sex is the same, desire, etc just no sperm.

Hot Rocks

Awards
Which could result in a significant protein loss for your significant other ;)
:wtf:

Nice try, but no points for that one.
I know some of the Bro’s can come up with a better one than that .Huh ?
Did you read the part ...................

"Also try not to be funny (Unless it is a good one). I know there are many punch lines to answer this question."
Moreover, that was nowhere near a “good one”

So! As of now you are minus ten points with two additional penalties of ....................
Having to have a vasectomy without anesthesia along with having to become a paying member of this great board!:trout:

Court adjourned!:banned:
Honorable Judge Hot Rocks Presiding

Rock On!

xtraflossy

xtraflossy

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
:wtf:

Nice try, but no points for that one.
I know some of the Bro’s can come up with a better one than that .Huh ?
Did you read the part ...................

"Also try not to be funny (Unless it is a good one). I know there are many punch lines to answer this question."
Moreover, that was nowhere near a “good one”

So! As of now you are minus ten points with two additional penalties of ....................
Having to have a vasectomy without anesthesia along with having to become a paying member of this great board!:trout:

Court adjourned!:banned:
Honorable Judge Hot Rocks Presiding

Rock On!
On apeal,.. I found it to be exactly my type of immature humor- The rules for "a good one" are clearly outlined in artical 4, section 8, paragraph 23, line 6...and I find in favor of the defendant.
Here's to make up the difference!

Viperspit

Viperspit

Awards
  • Established
Bwahhhaa, looks like xtraflossy overturned your decision Hot Rocks :FUfinger: :D

Hot Rocks

Awards
Well !
We no of one way to make the *****es happy !

Hot Rocks

theragingbull

Awards
No it does not have any effect,I had one done 15 years ago
and at 55 I'm still puttin mass on so I would look at your diet
and your supps maybe talk with your doctor.

SizeMatters

yeahright

yeahright

Awards
  • Established
I don't know about vasectomys, but check this out:

http://www.news.harvard.edu/gazette/2002/09.19/01-testosterone.html

Marriage lowers testosterone!
Holding babys lowers testesterone.
Testosterone levels come back after divorce.

-Tinytoad
Interesting:

Researchers have long suspected that levels of the hormone largely responsible for fighting, competing, and mating decrease when men settle down and start a family. Other studies have shown that testosterone begins to decline shortly after marriage, but surges upward when unions end in divorce.

"It makes sense," notes Peter Ellison, professor of anthropology. "Lower levels of testosterone may increase the likelihood that men will stay home and care for their wives and kids, while decreasing the likelihood they will go out drinking with the guys and chase other women."

Viperspit

Viperspit

Awards
  • Established
"Lower levels of testosterone may increase the likelihood that men will stay home and care for their wives and kids, while decreasing the likelihood they will go out drinking with the guys and chase other women." [/B]

Bwahhaaa, once again whoever wrote that is getting lower test levels confused with being Nuetered :D

yeahright

yeahright

Awards
  • Established
Men often fail to check if vasectomy worked

Only 1 in 5 patients followed instructions to confirm sterility

NEW YORK - Many men who undergo vasectomy fail to get the follow-up test that shows whether the procedure worked, a new study suggests.

Researchers at the Cleveland Clinic Foundation found that of 436 vasectomy patients they followed, one-quarter never returned a semen sample to confirm that they were indeed sterile. And half didn't get a second semen analysis, as their surgeon had advised.

In all, only one-fifth of patients followed the full instructions to have two consecutive sperm-free semen samples in the months following surgery, according to findings published in the journal BJU International.

But much of the problem may be in the post-vasectomy process itself, rather than men's compliance, study co-author Dr. J. Stephen Jones told Reuters Health.

Most urologists tell their vasectomy patients to have two follow-up tests to make sure their semen does not contain sperm, or at least viable sperm. But there's no consensus on the necessary number and timing of the tests, Jones said.

Asking men to submit semen samples twice, or sometimes more, may simply be too much, he argued.

And in their study, Jones and his colleagues found evidence that one semen analysis is likely to be enough.

GREENFEATHER

GREENFEATHER

Awards
I've been taking part in a research study for the last 9 years. I got snipped 4 years ago and my T level went up to 1240 for about 3 months then leveled back off to normal for me~850 ng/dl. Yes, I'm a walking, talking poster boy for prostate cancer.
ROB

RipdnTxs2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Damn bro , u still have that high a level, that kicks ass, I,m am knocking the door down on 40 right now so I will get a complete workup soon, interested to see where mine stands...

4thAD

Awards
All a vascectomy is, is rerouting of the plumbing. Your balls are still working and producing!:jaw:

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
I have heard that vasectomys cause one in three men to lose their sense of humor, anyone think this is true? ;)

CROWLER

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
Damn bro , u still have that high a level, that kicks ass, I,m am knocking the door down on 40 right now so I will get a complete workup soon, interested to see where mine stands...
Greenfeather is NOT your average Bear. If you ever get a chance check out his workout thread at bb.com he is an animal who is king of his jungle and I mean that in the most vicious way possible :)

It is probabaly all that wild game he eats that keeps his test levels so darn high lol

CROWLER

THETEST

Awards
  • Established
Not loss in Test production - as others have said - diet, intense (VERY INTENSE exercise), and sleep - get GH & Test going. I had the snip at age 33, at age 45 my test was 700. Now it is 2460 - but that is another topic all together

GREENFEATHER

GREENFEATHER

Awards
You can't eat a low fat diet and have a hell of a lot of test floating around, it's just not possible. I eat red meat at lest 1 meal a day and most days 2-3 times. If you don't have the building blocks to make test, you're just not going to have it. Cholesterol is a primary building block. I'm not saying to go out and eat lard sammiches, but you need some to make the test!! I eat beef, buffalo, venison, quail, pheasant, tilapia and catfish all of which I raise myself.

Thanks CROWLER, I'm gonna try 750 next week to see if I have it in me. Since school is out I haven't been able to go too heavy on the deads.
ROB

weihunglow

:bruce1: From a christian stand point i beleive man was meant
to procreate and multiply i dont see the need to be
come an enouch because your woman ready to stop
having kids. I mean what if you divorce and get
with a younger woman and you want to start a new
family.

AGELESS

AGELESS

Awards
  • Established
family.

To procreate and multiply is one thing - to feed and school them and most of all give them your time is another. I did not just read this somewhere...I speak from experience.

Im on my fourth and last wife and my fourth and last child is two. And will be well cared for after I am gone. And I might add that with no help from the state.

God I hate when I rant it must be the excessive testosterone.

And hey - Hot Rocks, 500ml cyp a week is a load of testosterone. Watch your hematocrit & blood pressure.

brywal312

brywal312

Awards
  • Established
family.
A Eunuch is a man who has been castrated.:wtf:
the post was about vasectomies...
As far as christianity goes... if you are a loose enough christian to think that divorce is acceptable, you should be a loose enough christian to get a vasectomy. If you really are a christian you should know what the Bible has to say about divorce.
That being said.... I do not consider myself a christian.... I consider myself a Deist.

AGELESS

AGELESS

Awards
  • Established
wow!... this is an old post... and i know this is a little off topic....DEIST??? ME TOO!!!

but, if I was on a 10 story ledge - hanging by my fingertips - I would probably pray....couldnt hurt.

brywal312

brywal312

Awards
  • Established
LOL...you know why this happens? its that darn thing at the bottom of the page that does "related topics" lol.... I always click it and read it and get caught up in it and then post and realize how old it is! OOPS

lild

lild

Awards
first question i asked the doc and it does not affect it at all,if it did very few would have it done.