Questions about estrogen

stevenmi04

Awards
Been on TRT for a couple years now and had some issues with the pellets. So switched dr.s and he put me on cream that you rub on your balls. I was a bit sceptical at first but the blood work confirmed that it is working. My total testosterone is 1116 and my free test was 39ish I believe ?. However my doctor only test for these two, dhea, b12, and d3. I started having symptoms of what I thought was high estrogen such as acne , low libido, erectile dysfunction, depression. So I asked him to check estradiol and he agreed, but also stated he wouldn’t prescribe anything if it were high. Got the results back today. It was 80 which the doctor tried to convince me that it was normal and where he’d expect it to be. But everything I’ve read says 10-40. Am I wrong?

Zvch

Zvch

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I would suggest getting a different doctor. Any doctor with adequate knowledge of testosterone replacement would know that

1) the gel/cream is garbage and wouldn’t recommend that you apply it to your nuts, even if it does work better that way

2) an AI is going to need to be incorporated. Excess testosterone WILL be converted into estrogen. That’s a no-brainer. Also the gel has been shown to aromatize moreso than injections.

3) HCG should also be incorporated to preserve testicular and sexual function

As far as the normal ranges of estrogen goes, yes you’re correct and your doc is wrong. Your estrogen is triple what it should be. Most guys need to be in the 10-30pg range.

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I’m going to repeat most of the previous post.......find another dr, preferably an integrative medicine dr. Shots work much better than creams and gels. Rubbing stuff on the sack is BS. You need an AI to bring your E2 down. Some guys get their TRT protocols dialed in to where they never need an AI. If you’re wanting to have kids, add HCG to your protocol. If you don’t want kids then don’t worry about HCG. HCG make your TRT protocol hard to dial in. Some guys are ok with it but most hate it.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I've never herd of tgel on the nuts per Dr. Recommendations lol. I think there's a higher dht conversion applied there but ya like everyone else said, get a Dr that will inject

Ase_james

Awards
Yep, same answer here. You need a better Dr...
E2 that high will make you eat ice cream alone a cry. Lol, seriously though.

stevenmi04

Awards
Thanks for the responses, This doctor is a urologist. Would you guys recommend an endocrinologist over a urologist or just someone more educated in the subject

Zvch

Zvch

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Thanks for the responses, This doctor is a urologist. Would you guys recommend an endocrinologist over a urologist or just someone more educated in the subject
An endo would probably have more knowledge in the area of hormones. Preferably one who specializes in TRT/HRT.

Ase_james

Awards
or make you get gyno if not corrected lol
I'll just never forget, a buddy called me saying he didn't take his ai, just forget it
for weeks.
He says" I'm crying and eating ice cream like an ugly woman in menopause"

Zvch

Zvch

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I'll just never forget, a buddy called me saying he didn't take his ai, just forget it
for weeks.
He says" I'm crying and eating ice cream like an ugly woman in menopause"
bro you should’ve seen me when I first started pinning and was winging it dialing in my AI dose. I cried when I found out Mac Miller died.

Really though OP, you should add in Anastrozole like now even if you have to get it on the street or from a peptide site or something. 80s is like gyno range.

stevenmi04

Awards
Any recommendations where, hard to tell which ones are legit. I have noticed some tenderness around the nips but didn’t know if I was just paranoid.

Anabaholic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
bro you should’ve seen me when I first started pinning and was winging it dialing in my AI dose. I cried when I found out Mac Miller died.

Really though OP, you should add in Anastrozole like now even if you have to get it on the street or from a peptide site or something. 80s is like gyno range.
Lol at least we're in good company, I cried watching a children's cartoon on cycle once, and that was just aromatization from andros.

Talldude

Talldude

Awards
I am also on TRT. I use the Testim gel. It is way too expensive. I am running a cycle now of Metha-Quad and Chosen 1, and along with the Testim I feel pretty good. Once I go off cycle, I will lose some of my muscle, I am sure.

Darkheart

Darkheart

Awards
Dang man, estradiol was 80? That's way high, surprised your doc didn't give you an estrogen inhibitor. Try taking a DIM supplement to eat the excess estrogen. I'm pinning 200ml a week for a year and my estradiol hasn't been above 39. I'm taking DIM daily at 300mg caps. My doc recommended that, then I told her I was already taking it.