Testosterone and creativity?

jiu jitsu

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Just wondering what your thoughts are regarding the relationship between testosterone and creativity. there are some studies that suggest that high testosterone blunts empathy, enhances spatial reasoning, and possibly hinders creativity. I was wondering if any of you have had issues with this since being on TRT. I am a UX/UI Designer (web and app design) and I need a fair amount of creativity for my field of work This is scaring me off of TRT.

Theoretically, I could see how testosterone improving mood might make it harder for someone to empathize, since empathy is really just an adoption of someone else's negative emotional experience. Creativity, specifically artistic ability, tends to be an emotionally-emphasized practice.
anyways, Tl;dr= Have you had a hard time being more creative since getting on TRT?

Toff

Awards
  • Established
Nope
If anything I get more creative becaus eI can think straight

If anything it cuts the bull on many thing, like when the missus talks rubbish or whinges too long on a subject you end up telling her to sort it by doing x and y.

Logical thinking is increased. Empathy? Yes,I would say Im less empathetic - things like "let him do that because he's cute" doesnt cut it, when the dog chews on my shoes and she whinges the dog alwasy chews her good shoes..