Hormones " out of whack"

Solexsight

Solexsight

Awards
I got my bloods back and have questions. 655 total but 47 free and 92 bio available. My SHBG was 61 which is high.

The free and available are LOW. My hormones are "out of whack", Drs words exactly. He also wants to run more tests for an additional $2400, which I know is complete BS.

I'm in my low 40s, 6 foot and 172 lbs. I'm lean but was a heavy drinker. I do Kratom about 18g a day for 2 months. It helped me quit drinking but it might be messing with me.. am I converting too much test to estro? Me mentioned that. How should I work on this?

I did Sustain Alpha for a month, invictus for a couple of weeks, Follidrone and vector for a month.l, animal Pak, creatine and L arginine..I take Viron and massacre now..

I'm laying off supplements until I get this squared away..thanks in advance!

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
without more comprehensive bloodwork nobody will be able to tell you much of anything... and FYI, a full hormone panel is like $250 MAX so whatever he's suggesting for $2400 is insane... no amount of bloodwork will cost that... only way I can see that type of cost is if his "additional tests" includes like an MRI or something of that ilk (stuff is crazy expensive)

goodvibes

goodvibes

Awards
  • Established
without more comprehensive bloodwork nobody will be able to tell you much of anything... and FYI, a full hormone panel is like $250 MAX so whatever he's suggesting for $2400 is insane... no amount of bloodwork will cost that... only way I can see that type of cost is if his "additional tests" includes like an MRI or something of that ilk (stuff is crazy expensive)
Full hormone panel for $250 with insurance though you mean? Each test costs around $150, a panel can reach to a grand depending on how many is on that test.

bad rad

bad rad

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I scheduled my blood work through my clinic for $300 out of pocket. $2400 seems really excessive.

OP- Are you diabetic?

Solexsight

Solexsight

Awards
No the quack wanted me to do this alternative therapy crap. Total waste of time..

CatSnake

Awards
  • Established
Full hormone panel for $250 with insurance though you mean? Each test costs around $150, a panel can reach to a grand depending on how many is on that test.
you can order your own bloodwork through discount labs or private md labs for way less than that.