70 Years Old - TRT

brandlife

brandlife

Awards
  • First Up Vote
So I just finished a cycle and my dad noticed how much better I looked..I'm 38. I didn't tell him PH's or anything specific but he asked about taking some and I played it off. However, I personally have been been reading about TRT for myself (after being getting bloods) but obviously for my dad, at 70 he's got low test.

He told me that he actually was put on Androgel a year or so ago and he used it religiously for about 6 months and noticed zero results. He's really only looking for some more strength and pep in his step. He used to like to do pushups in the AM and some situps but he just can't anymore.

I want to point him in the right direction but theres a lot of Bulls&*t out there so I want to get him something stronger than that Androgel but I don't want to be throwing him on anything crazy. I mean, jeez, he's 70 and does pushups on his knees!!

Thanks!

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
So I just finished a cycle and my dad noticed how much better I looked..I'm 38. I didn't tell him PH's or anything specific but he asked about taking some and I played it off. However, I personally have been been reading about TRT for myself (after being getting bloods) but obviously for my dad, at 70 he's got low test.

He told me that he actually was put on Androgel a year or so ago and he used it religiously for about 6 months and noticed zero results. He's really only looking for some more strength and pep in his step. He used to like to do pushups in the AM and some situps but he just can't anymore.

I want to point him in the right direction but theres a lot of Bulls&*t out there so I want to get him something stronger than that Androgel but I don't want to be throwing him on anything crazy. I mean, jeez, he's 70 and does pushups on his knees!!

Thanks!
Some ppl just don't respond to androgel, look for a new endo who will give injections, other then that, I don't know what else would work otc.

brandlife

brandlife

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Some ppl just don't respond to androgel, look for a new endo who will give injections, other then that, I don't know what else would work otc.
So I don’t think it would need to be OTC but what about oral?

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
At his age I wouldn't mess with hormones other then trt. Maybe look into mk677,

Mountain Man

Mountain Man

Awards
Have your dad see an endo and try to get on 100 testosterone cypionate IM weekly and go from there. There’s no reason he can’t significantly improve his situation.

brandlife

brandlife

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Have your dad see an endo and try to get on 100 testosterone cypionate IM weekly and go from there. There’s no reason he can’t significantly improve his situation.
That’s why I’d like him to do - I just didn’t know if IM injectables were a long shot or not - I wasn’t sure of it was all fluff like that crappy androgel

Mountain Man

Mountain Man

Awards
That’s why I’d like him to do - I just didn’t know if IM injectables were a long shot or not - I wasn’t sure of it was all fluff like that crappy androgel
I started with 100 mg once per week. At his age he may be able to get insurance to cover it. Mine covers it. The prescription is als covered. He needs to knowledgeable and insistent, but it can get covered.

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
My experience with androgel is is sucks. Inconsistent levels, risk of transfer and rubbing it on clean skin once a day sucks. IM injections are more stable, especially if you split the weekly dosage into two doses and inject every 3.5 days. Consistent levels and easier to dial in your protocol.

brandlife

brandlife

Awards
  • First Up Vote
My experience with androgel is is sucks. Inconsistent levels, risk of transfer and rubbing it on clean skin once a day sucks. IM injections are more stable, especially if you split the weekly dosage into two doses and inject every 3.5 days. Consistent levels and easier to dial in your protocol.
so he called the endo and they want more bloods but they said he can go with another option which is to come into the office every 2 weeks for a IM shot in the but. I was hoping he could find orals like PH's or something easy on his system cause he doesn't wanna mess with needles.

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
so he called the endo and they want more bloods but they said he can go with another option which is to come into the office every 2 weeks for a IM shot in the but. I was hoping he could find orals like PH's or something easy on his system cause he doesn't wanna mess with needles.
That proves his doctor is not trained in TRT protocol. Look what his testosterone level is going to do by day 14:

IMG_4687.JPG

Mountain Man

Mountain Man

Awards
That proves his doctor is not trained in TRT protocol. Look what his testosterone level is going to do by day 14:

View attachment 169391
Agree. He should seek another MD or learn to self administer the shots. Where do you live? Maybe somebody knows of good doctors who understand how to do this. The irony is that most endos don’t.

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Run from that dr. Every two week protocol is outdated and makes you feel like crap

brandlife

brandlife

Awards
  • First Up Vote
So far nobody will respond to if orals can be used

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
All the people ive talked with, two, androgel didnt work well. Injections work the best by keeping testosterone levels steady .

jackedviking

jackedviking

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So far nobody will respond to if orals can be used
Of course not. He’s 70. Nobody has responded about orals because it’s not a viable long-term option for anyone, much less a 70-year-old.

Are you sure this is for your dad? Or is this for you?

brandlife

brandlife

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Of course not. He’s 70. Nobody has responded about orals because it’s not a viable long-term option for anyone, much less a 70-year-old.

Are you sure this is for your dad? Or is this for you?
Haha -I’m 38 don’t you think if this was for me I’d say a “friend” or stretch an age in the 40’s or 50’s? What are we in summer camps or something?

I asked about orals because he doesn’t wanna pin himself and I’m looking to help guide him (via a doctor) to the path of least resistance and help him ask the right questions.

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Haha -I’m 38 don’t you think if this was for me I’d say a “friend” or stretch an age in the 40’s or 50’s? What are we in summer camps or something?

I asked about orals because he doesn’t wanna pin himself and I’m looking to help guide him (via a doctor) to the path of least resistance and help him ask the right questions.
Orals will kill your liver over a long period of time, unlike TRT, so it’s not a viable option like injections.

jackedviking

jackedviking

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

Yeah, I do think we are in summer camp because your question is ****ing idiotic. People have tried to guide you to the answer, yet you keep bringing up orals. So, good luck chief! Unsubbed.

brandlife

brandlife

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Yeah, I do think we are in summer camp because your question is ****ing idiotic. People have tried to guide you to the answer, yet you keep bringing up orals. So, good luck chief! Unsubbed.
all good bro - I kept bringing up orals and nobody responded. I only have to be told "no" once. I didn't think about the liver damage on an old man. Makes sense.

jackedviking

jackedviking

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
all good bro - I kept bringing up orals and nobody responded. I only have to be told "no" once. I didn't think about the liver damage on an old man. Makes sense.
Sorry if I’m being a dick man. I’m wore the **** out. Orals can be run for short amounts if times. But pinning can be run for life as long as the subject takes the appropriate measures to stay healthy. Pinning is easy and painless to be honest.

brandlife

brandlife

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Sorry if I’m being a dick man. I’m wore the **** out. Orals can be run for short amounts if times. But pinning can be run for life as long as the subject takes the appropriate measures to stay healthy. Pinning is easy and painless to be honest.
yeah, i know but he's an old dude and i think that **** freaks him out. Maybe if the doctor tells him its the best way he'll do it

jackedviking

jackedviking

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
yeah, i know but he's an old dude and i think that **** freaks him out. Maybe if the doctor tells him its the best way he'll do it
Yeah, I get it. See Tony from Enhanced Athlete’s videos. He’ll get an insulin needle and inject in his chest subcutaneously. Super easy, super painless.

Mountain Man

Mountain Man

Awards
Yeah, I get it. See Tony from Enhanced Athlete’s videos. He’ll get an insulin needle and inject in his chest subcutaneously. Super easy, super painless.
Your Dad is 70.At that age, being comfortable with needles is a necessity, as at that age medical interventions get more invasive. Pinning is very easy. If he’s not willing to do that, then he should forget it. TRT after age 60 is a godsend, but it isn’t for those who aren’t willing to pin or to exercise and watch their diet.

Heavychevss

Awards
My GP doesn’t care for the gels but has had success doing a combo of IM and a 20% cream he has compounded. Uses IM to build the levels and cream to maintain it, booster shots if needed. I never learned the details but sounds like something easier for a 70 yr old.

brandlife

brandlife

Awards
  • First Up Vote
That’s good point and we’ll said. I’m not sure if he will exercise enough and he does drink plenty of wine. I’m talk with him.

Mountain Man

Mountain Man

Awards
My GP doesn’t care for the gels but has had success doing a combo of IM and a 20% cream he has compounded. Uses IM to build the levels and cream to maintain it, booster shots if needed. I never learned the details but sounds like something easier for a 70 yr old.
Not sure what “easier for a 70 year old “ means. That’s the biggest problem with aging. Once a guy surrenders to being “too old” it all over but the decaying. I’m 64 and know a little about this. You do have to modify what you do and your workouts, but you need to focus on what you can do rather than what you can’t do. If you think he’s too feeble to give himself shots, workout, or get in shape, then you better make some attitude changes because and soon- you’re going to be pushing 70.

Once a guy turns a certain age and gives up on how he looks, eats, workouts, and a sex life, there is little left but Fox News and dinner in front of the TV. Get your old man on TRT, working out, and pining himself. He’s not too old to man up.

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well said MM! OP might have to admit that grandpa is surrendering to old age.

Toff

Awards
  • Established
If he does get on it, be sure hes got his cholesterol in check and gives blood regulalry (keeping eye on iron levels).

Ive mentioned in previous threads the supplements you can take to thin blood, reduce cholesterol and prevent clotting.

Just be aware of the cas 'androgel vs 75 year old men' who got blood clots due to using it wrongly as an anti-aging supp and didnt take precautions.

jackzapp

jackzapp

Awards
Not sure what “easier for a 70 year old “ means. That’s the biggest problem with aging. Once a guy surrenders to being “too old” it all over but the decaying. I’m 64 and know a little about this. You do have to modify what you do and your workouts, but you need to focus on what you can do rather than what you can’t do. If you think he’s too feeble to give himself shots, workout, or get in shape, then you better make some attitude changes because and soon- you’re going to be pushing 70.

Once a guy turns a certain age and gives up on how he looks, eats, workouts, and a sex life, there is little left but Fox News and dinner in front of the TV. Get your old man on TRT, working out, and pining himself. He’s not too old to man up.
Perfect advice right here! I'm 61 and know a bit about long term trt along with blasting and cruising.

Dodgelvr63

Awards
SubQ test is the way to go. Smaller needles equals less pain, very easy to do yourself and some studies and my personal results seem to show more bang for the buck.

beefyfan

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I'm 46 and once a week I back load a slin pin with 100mg's of cypionate. Day after inj I am over 1200ng's. Day of (prior) to inj I am still slightly over 700. I pin my tri's rotating left and right eow. Based on my labs, it's more than working and there is ZERO pain/discomfort. This might be a good option for your dad.

ItalOne

ItalOne

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
He probably could also benefit from using some HGH. Go BIRDS!