Aging well?

bell1986

bell1986

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I have turned 32 this year.. Which alot of folk fear.. Hitting thier 30's. I personally was on this boat.. When i look at old photos of myself going back as far as my late teens.. Early 20's.. I personally think im far better looking as i have aged? Of course i show signs of aging.. Grey'n hair. Slight crows feet etc but i like all these characters of my look? I haven't even really tampered with myself.. Alot of my mates have dipped into the botox scene etc.. Thats not for me personally. I only keep my hair short and i try get as much sun as i can.. Holidays and summer etc.. The sun in moderation is healthy i reckon. Its when overdone problems arise.

Im also very active.. Home gym i hit about 5 times a week.. I cycle most days.. Diet is so so.. I will indulge at times but my body has grown over the years. I also think the simple things play a part and for me that is... Drinking water 4+ litre everyday without fail.. I think that has a huge impact on your look as you age.

Anyone on the same boat as me? I feel healthier in my 30's than i ever did in my 20's.. I get alot more attention also and this has gave me extra confidence.

We all age.. Is part of being alive. Im just gonna keep training and hopefully i keep my appearance for many a years to come ? Just wondered if anyone just lets thier body clock tick and not tamper with themself's too much?

Ase_james

Awards
I have turned 32 this year.. Which alot of folk fear.. Hitting thier 30's. I personally was on this boat.. When i look at old photos of myself going back as far as my late teens.. Early 20's.. I personally think im far better looking as i have aged? Of course i show signs of aging.. Grey'n hair. Slight crows feet etc but i like all these characters of my look? I haven't even really tampered with myself.. Alot of my mates have dipped into the botox scene etc.. Thats not for me personally. I only keep my hair short and i try get as much sun as i can.. Holidays and summer etc.. The sun in moderation is healthy i reckon. Its when overdone problems arise.

Im also very active.. Home gym i hit about 5 times a week.. I cycle most days.. Diet is so so.. I will indulge at times but my body has grown over the years. I also think the simple things play a part and for me that is... Drinking water 4+ litre everyday without fail.. I think that has a huge impact on your look as you age.

Anyone on the same boat as me? I feel healthier in my 30's than i ever did in my 20's.. I get alot more attention also and this has gave me extra confidence.

We all age.. Is part of being alive. Im just gonna keep training and hopefully i keep my appearance for many a years to come Just wondered if anyone just lets thier body clock tick and not tamper with themself's too much?
Ya, i think my peak was around 33. Looking back, im really glad i kept working on myself since then. I still feel and look pretty good at 40.

It is time to be careful though..

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
30 better than 20, 40 better than 30, 50 even better...

Being THE fitest in ANY room is a lifetime journey.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yup getting better with age by doing things more creatively, intelligently and better

sarge40

Awards
Closing in on 50, I'm the strongest I've ever been. Training smarter makes a world of difference. My wife says I'm better looking now than when we first got married. I don't agree with her, but as long as she is happy... you know what they say about happy wives.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Closing in on 50, I'm the strongest I've ever been. Training smarter makes a world of difference. My wife says I'm better looking now than when we first got married. I don't agree with her, but as long as she is happy... you know what they say about happy wives.
Its true when people are happy they have more sex

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Its true when people are happy they have more sex
The inverse, in the context of marriage, is also true. Its sometimes a fake it 'til you make it situation.

If we force (commit) ourselves to perform the actions we do when we feel in love, even when not feeling it, the feeling can often follow from the action when saught with sincere heart. IMHE

There's times we have sex because nothing else has worked. Back to the fundamentals. :)

Power-Lift

Power-Lift

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Im heading into age 52 this year, I feel excellent. (A little beat up after 39 years of weight training).
I feel people get old when maybe 70 comes around where you have to probably re-think some things as far as training is concerned.
I still have plenty of time to improve!

LG-AVI-AGE-51.JPG

mrhappyoz

mrhappyoz

Awards
I’m nearly 40 and in the best shape I’ve ever been, my entire life. I’m also taking a bunch of supplements and currently some SARMs. Have to say, age does not appear to be a factor anymore. One supplement I’m exploring heavily is something that boosts NAD+ production, called NMN. This has been shown to reverse aging in mice and there are human studies underway. Early results are good.

I’m gaining 0.7kg a week, mostly dry at the moment.

bell1986

bell1986

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I’m nearly 40 and in the best shape I’ve ever been, my entire life. I’m also taking a bunch of supplements and currently some SARMs. Have to say, age does not appear to be a factor anymore. One supplement I’m exploring heavily is something that boosts NAD+ production, called NMN. This has been shown to reverse aging in mice and there are human studies underway. Early results are good.

Looking in great shape.. Keep it up ? Just sarms? Did you diet down into that shape and then start to bulk?

Ton of positivity going guys ?... I have friends who are doing tons to themself's and thier just touching thier 30's. I was personally dreading turning 30's... Now im 32 im like.. I feel and look alot better.

I train ' Eat and sleep.. I always advocate drinking water.. Seems to keep my skin in good condition and also.. So healthy!

Keep it up ?

mrhappyoz

mrhappyoz

Awards
Looking in great shape.. Keep it up Just sarms? Did you diet down into that shape and then start to bulk?

Ton of positivity going guys ... I have friends who are doing tons to themself's and thier just touching thier 30's. I was personally dreading turning 30's... Now im 32 im like.. I feel and look alot better.

I train ' Eat and sleep.. I always advocate drinking water.. Seems to keep my skin in good condition and also.. So healthy!

Keep it up
Thanks!

Keto diet and lifting + HIIT 2-3 times per week got me to 8.5% bf last year.

I’ve only added SARMs in the last 2 weeks, as an experiment. Very much liking the results. RAD-140 and YK-11 seem to stack very well. Currently training 7 mornings a week at the gym and 2 nights doing parkour & gymnastics.

Ase_james

Awards
Thanks!

I’ve only added SARMs in the last 2 weeks, as an experiment. Very much liking the results. RAD-140 and YK-11 seem to stack very well. Currently training 7 mornings a week at the gym and 2 nights doing parkour & gymnastics.
Gymnastics!? I agree with feeling and looking good getting older, im doing that. But id probably hurt myself doing gymnastics...

More power to you man!

bell1986

bell1986

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thanks!

Alot a exercise! Your body coping with it ok?

Whats your calorie intake for your workout output?

Ive thought about doing a Keto diet my my partner goes wild when you knock back dinners.. Torture lol hard to tell them how much it means to you but they think your obsessed

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The inverse, in the context of marriage, is also true. Its sometimes a fake it 'til you make it situation.

If we force (commit) ourselves to perform the actions we do when we feel in love, even when not feeling it, the feeling can often follow from the action when saught with sincere heart. IMHE

There's times we have sex because nothing else has worked. Back to the fundamentals. :)
Good stuff Like the saying goes, after we do the deed, the feeling follows.

mrhappyoz

mrhappyoz

Awards
Gymnastics!? I agree with feeling and looking good getting older, im doing that. But id probably hurt myself doing gymnastics...

More power to you man!
The gymnastics side is pretty low-risk on the injury side, but parkour is definitely a bastard for injuries... ankles, knees, fingers, etc.

Callisthenics is a great in-between / crossover between lifting and gymnastics. I’d recommend checking out a channel called OfficialThenX on YouTube.. I can’t post links yet, but you can copy-paste this, if you like:

youtu.be/kIVxdIWy7Eo

Or this insane workout.. lol

youtu.be/9cJf1FKNTMI

mrhappyoz

mrhappyoz

Awards
Alot a exercise! Your body coping with it ok?

Whats your calorie intake for your workout output?

Ive thought about doing a Keto diet my my partner goes wild when you knock back dinners.. Torture lol hard to tell them how much it means to you but they think your obsessed
Definitely a lot of exercise. On SARMs it seems like my body *demands* it.

Calories - I’m eating at or slightly above what my Fitbit is indicating I burn (2400-3400kcal) and once I break my fast each morning, I try to stay calorie-positive all day, along with consuming more than 30g of protein per serving, depending on the protein type. I eat enough protein to consume >3G of leucine per meal, to trigger protein synthesis. I also consume a lot of supplements..

IMG_4825.jpg

Keto - easier if your wife/partner joins your diet, that’s for sure, however it’s honestly the easiest way to cut body fat. You’re not hungry. Your body is adapted to burning fat. Your BMR skyrockets - recently shown to be 10x standard American diet. First couple of days can really suck, unless you know the tricks to mitigate the usual metabolic confusion when switching fuels. If you get curious enough to want to try it, ping me and I’ll post a getting started guide I wrote for helping someone else. :)

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
52yo two ruptured cervicle discs, right distal bicep rupture and repair, two hernias surgeries, two right knee surgeries...

I still play baseball (hardball), catcher, bowl and play pool...all in pain...constant pain... :D
IMG950773.jpg

Cold, out of bed, after 15yrs, my walk around shape... :)

Ase_james

Awards
Definitely a lot of exercise. On SARMs it seems like my body *demands* it.

Calories - I’m eating at or slightly above what my Fitbit is indicating I burn (2400-3400kcal) and once I break my fast each morning, I try to stay calorie-positive all day, along with consuming more than 30g of protein per serving, depending on the protein type. I eat enough protein to consume >3G of leucine per meal, to trigger protein synthesis. I also consume a lot of supplements..

View attachment 159854

Keto - easier if your wife/partner joins your diet, that’s for sure, however it’s honestly the easiest way to cut body fat. You’re not hungry. Your body is adapted to burning fat. Your BMR skyrockets - recently shown to be 10x standard American diet. First couple of days can really suck, unless you know the tricks to mitigate the usual metabolic confusion when switching fuels. If you get curious enough to want to try it, ping me and I’ll post a getting started guide I wrote for helping someone else. :)
I'd like to some some ideas. Last time I started keto i needed an enema...

mrhappyoz

mrhappyoz

Awards
Ya, im pretty sure it was the shock of going from whole grains to no grains...
10g of psyllium husk powder in your protein shakes will prevent that and give you a great potassium source to help stop muscle spasms.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Psyllium husk FTW...

You can very carefully low dose milk of magnesia or miralax. They're not colon stimulants but help stool water volume and movement.

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Im heading into age 52 this year, I feel excellent. (A little beat up after 39 years of weight training).
I feel people get old when maybe 70 comes around where you have to probably re-think some things as far as training is concerned.
I still have plenty of time to improve!

View attachment 159844
Looking swole man! 57 here and know how hard it is to build that physique! Nice job!!

UCSMiami

UCSMiami

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I peaked without exercise at 46.5 (seriously furball of energy prior to) then I came here and learned a great deal and now with a dedicated program still going strong. No peak yet.

I appear to get temporary injuries now which I never had- knee here, ulnar nerve there. Small stuff.
I need eight hours of sleep instead of five.
Otherwise no biggie.

I am not built like DD in the pics above. Just a really athletic looking guy. I also do a regular boot camp like stuff for cardio/stamina.

Not a beast like some of you good people are.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
52yo two ruptured cervicle discs, right distal bicep rupture and repair, two hernias surgeries, two right knee surgeries...

I still play baseball (hardball), catcher, bowl and play pool...all in pain...constant pain... :DView attachment 159860

Cold, out of bed, after 15yrs, my walk around shape... :)
Dang David! You’re jacked!

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I peaked without exercise at 46.5 (seriously furball of energy prior to) then I came here and learned a great deal and now with a dedicated program still going strong. No peak yet.

I appear to get temporary injuries now which I never had- knee here, ulnar nerve there. Small stuff.
I need eight hours of sleep instead of five.
Otherwise no biggie.

I am not built like DD in the pics above. Just a really athletic looking guy. I also do a regular boot camp like stuff for cardio/stamina.

Not a beast like some of you good people are.
What matters is you made a lifestyle change. Keep up the good effort. I agree when I'm training hard I need 8 plus hours sleep.

AdelV

AdelV

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

Got more information?

AdelV

AdelV

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I look at aging well as in youthful looking, skin, hair etc

Anabolics generally work for anyone, at any age.

I'm more interested in keeping a youthful appearance, and my health.

I'm 35, 96kgs and fairly lean. Absolutely no cardio, or diet. Just weights, and natural.

Gives me room to explore those options in my late 40s, 50s I guess! Just don't feel the need at the moment for that path, but I am interested in getting a headstart on anti-aging.

Any supplement recommendations?

General well being, Life Extension Advanced Packs look good. I found them for $35usd.

Greens powders I've started adding.

I know of a new anti aging supplement coming out soon, which will be insanely good. It contains cycloastragenol and BPC-157 among many others.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

I'm 35, 96kgs and fairly lean. Absolutely no cardio, or diet. Just weights, and natural.

Gives me room to explore those options in my late 40s, 50s I guess! Just don't feel the need at the moment for that path, but I am interested in getting a headstart on anti-aging.

General well being, Life Extension Advanced Packs look good. I found them for $35usd.

I know of a new anti aging supplement coming out soon, which will be insanely good. It contains cycloastragenol and BPC-157 among many others.
Beta alanine is a good anti aging supplement.

Resveratrol was looking good like 5-10 years ago, then it kind of fell off the map.

Power-Lift

Power-Lift

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

I agree w/ that thinking. I trained for 40 years before I touched a TRT needle. I am now off TRT, didn't agree w/ me. I'll revisit that again later. (Years).
I go by my quarterly blood tests / markers for health, and the many tests they give you once turning 50. (Colonscopy, etc).

Health always comes 1st for me...

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I turn 40 later this year and i honestly dont think ive ever been in a better place when it comes to health, body, mind and soul. I always wondered when I was going to feel like a grown up and im thinking im getting closer.

My workouts are still built around buiding muscle, but ive taken a closer look at performance and mobility. So my warm ups, stretching and mobility has become as, if not more, important than my workout. And i feel very good because of it.

Ive been tracking my diet since my late teens so nutrition has always been important. But the last year or so ive taken a bigger interest in eating for health and not just gains. Gut health has become very important, so trying out digestive enzymes, probiotics, prebiotics, fermented foods etc has become a passion.

Definitely feel that supplements gives me more now than when I was younger. So I enjoy trying out the latest and greatest but always keeping the basics in. Im also natty so I havent not touched PHs, SARMS or AAS and that might be whey supplements feel like they do more now.

I like to keep a general low bodyfat year round, but do mini-cuts and mini-bulks to try to keep the body in a more muscle building mood. More than anything I just love to train. When youve been doing it all your life you cannot really imagine a day where you cant do what youve always been doing.

progress.jpg

AdelV

AdelV

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I turn 40 later this year and i honestly dont think ive ever been in a better place when it comes to health, body, mind and soul. I always wondered when I was going to feel like a grown up and im thinking im getting closer.

My workouts are still built around buiding muscle, but ive taken a closer look at performance and mobility. So my warm ups, stretching and mobility has become as, if not more, important than my workout. And i feel very good because of it.

Ive been tracking my diet since my late teens so nutrition has always been important. But the last year or so ive taken a bigger interest in eating for health and not just gains. Gut health has become very important, so trying out digestive enzymes, probiotics, prebiotics, fermented foods etc has become a passion.

Definitely feel that supplements gives me more now than when I was younger. So I enjoy trying out the latest and greatest but always keeping the basics in. Im also natty so I havent not touched PHs, SARMS or AAS and that might be whey supplements feel like they do more now.

I like to keep a general low bodyfat year round, but do mini-cuts and mini-bulks to try to keep the body in a more muscle building mood. More than anything I just love to train. When youve been doing it all your life you cannot really imagine a day where you cant do what youve always been doing.

View attachment 160114
I wanted to make my own Kombucha!

Unfortunately, all the girls I typically date are skinny and can eat whatever they like ?

Any fat loss tips?

I guess I'd have to track my diet, and work out marcos?

Some days I look lean, but maybe 12-13%. I'd like to get to 7-8%

1518604064981.jpg

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I wanted to make my own Kombucha!

Unfortunately, all the girls I typically date are skinny and can eat whatever they like ��

Any fat loss tips?

I guess I'd have to track my diet, and work out marcos?

Some days I look lean, but maybe 12-13%. I'd like to get to 7-8%

View attachment 160115
I make my own Kombucha and Kefir now. Next project is Kimchi and I really wanna try my hand at Sourdough bread.

LOL brother you are already peeled, looking great! You dont need any advice from me. But yeah, tracking has always served me well!

UCSMiami

UCSMiami

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What matters is you made a lifestyle change. Keep up the good effort. I agree when I'm training hard I need 8 plus hours sleep.
True Man. I feel absolutely wonderful. Which is great compared to a few years ago when hitting the wall. Reason I came here and went to a Doc. etc.etc.

Lean BF and strength training one of the keys to good health for 40s,50s,probably more. (plus other stuff you know good cardio, environment, disposition, good women, plenty of sex, genes, and luck,etc) Jack Lalanne was doing two hour working out into his 90s!

I would post a recent pic only see everyone blurs their face. Do not know how to do that. Do not mind showing my face. Not sure if it is Internet etiquette or so someone does not crop my face and create some porn meme which later ends up at my company and then I am fired for doing porn.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote

We all age.. Is part of being alive. Im just gonna keep training and hopefully i keep my appearance for many a years to come ? Just wondered if anyone just lets thier body clock tick and not tamper with themself's too much?
I feel like my 30s are way better than my 20s. the only thing that makes the 30s harder is real life stuff. Career, family, just all the additional stresses. but otherwise the 30s are great.

chainsaw

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What do you guys use for joints. At 35 and last year my joints are just sore and effects my lifts. And I just think to myself how will my shoulders and knees handle weights in 20 years when they are achy now

UCSMiami

UCSMiami

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What do you guys use for joints. At 35 and last year my joints are just sore and effects my lifts. And I just think to myself how will my shoulders and knees handle weights in 20 years when they are achy now
Just lots of Fish Oil

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
fish oil. take it relgiously and if you don't notice positive improvements in about a month then try the next stage. but start with fishoil every day for a month first.

chainsaw

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
fish oil. take it relgiously and if you don't notice positive improvements in about a month then try the next stage. but start with fishoil every day for a month first.
Fish oil is a staple of mine. I am running short of at the moment, my place to buy in bulk no longer sells in bulk

UCSMiami

UCSMiami

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Eat sardines and you get the protein benefit along with the Fish Oil. Sardine have very high protein for their mass.

mrhappyoz

mrhappyoz

Awards
Glucosamine
Omega-3s
Conjugated linoleic acid (this has other benefits, relating to muscle / fat)
Curcurmin - helps prevent inflammation.
-
Gelatin / bone broth (sugar free jelly/jello packets) - also helps skin elasticity a LOT
-
Magnesium
5000IU of Vitamin D
RDI of Vitamin K2
These 3 help with calcium buffering - magnesium helps prevent calcification of tissue, by buffering against calcium absorption. The D3 and K2 are really important for joint and bone health. Overall, these 3 work synergistically together.
-

.. and most importantly, I make sure I warm up and down the joints I’m using. If I’m doing anything really intense, like planches and handstand push-ups, etc., I’ll actually re-warm the joints, like an active recovery routine, while resting between sets. It also helps rest/recover more quickly.

Last edited:
Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
general joint issue is sorta too vague to answer with a one size fits all solution. I always default to fish oil because I assume most people aren't using it and it's always been a good fit for me. But if it's something like your elbows or shoulders it may not be a lack of dietary supplements and it could be a matter of training, over training, needing a little rehab work or some precautionary work. It all sorta depends on what your actual joint issues are. the solution might be nutritional, or it may be with a barbell.

Ase_james

Awards
general joint issue is sorta too vague to answer with a one size fits all solution. I always default to fish oil because I assume most people aren't using it and it's always been a good fit for me. But if it's something like your elbows or shoulders it may not be a lack of dietary supplements and it could be a matter of training, over training, needing a little rehab work or some precautionary work. It all sorta depends on what your actual joint issues are. the solution might be nutritional, or it may be with a barbell.
I couldn't agree more. I have weak elbows and wrists. No matter what supplement i use, they dont help much, i know because adding fish oil helped with other joint pain. I learned i cant do a seperate arm day because its too much training on the weak spots, have to work it in on push/pull days.
Also the only time i can really get the biceps to grow is on gear... high reps shrink me down too fast training natty.

A lot of joint pain is learning your body and how ir responds. Just because the guy next to you can throw weights around and be ok, doesn't mean you can.

UCSMiami

UCSMiami

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I started using Tumeric/Black pepper as a proactive measure.

I jumped quite a bit of hurdles last August and inflamed my left kneecap. Never actually stopped training and so it never healed and flared up now and then after a workout with knee impacts.

I started last week consuming Costco's USP Chondrotine/Glucosamine and my knee is fine despite running hurdles yesterday. So let me add that. I never believed in C/G thinking it was 80s tech. Costco's USP certified brand was recommended here as well.

I have seen Cissus recommended here often. Never used it.

mrhappyoz

mrhappyoz

Awards
I couldn't agree more. I have weak elbows and wrists. No matter what supplement i use, they dont help much, i know because adding fish oil helped with other joint pain. I learned i cant do a seperate arm day because its too much training on the weak spots, have to work it in on push/pull days.
Also the only time i can really get the biceps to grow is on gear... high reps shrink me down too fast training natty.

A lot of joint pain is learning your body and how ir responds. Just because the guy next to you can throw weights around and be ok, doesn't mean you can.
I think most people are unaware that shoulder and forearm issues are often related to rhomboids and posture. It’s easily correctable - in days, not weeks.

This article was in the AM blog this month:
tonygentilcore.com/2018/01/bicep-tendonitis-doubt-check-5-muscles/

This is an hour-long video that is really helpful:
youtu.be/W-HMcC8qxRM

I also have a decent rehab program that follows on from what you’ll learn from the links above, if anyone wants it. Won’t derail this thread by posting here.