Type 2 Diabetes - Lean Bulk Cycle ?

rocheey

Awards
44 years, 5'10, 208 lbs, approx 16% bf. Lifting on and off whole life, steady now about 2 years. Type 2 Diabetes. Metformin 500 mg x 2/day

Fat percentage is approximate ... low subq fat, got a nice 6 pack, some vascularity in arms and shoulders, but there is a visceral fat pooch underneath, sticks out as far as my chest.

Currently cutting in preparation for possible bulk. I figure that losing the visceral fat would help alleviate any estro problems.

I've got several cycles behind me, from a solo TBol (I know, i know) to a bread and butter dbol/test e, to a Sarms/Albuterol cut.

But I haven't cycled since my Type 2 diagnosis 2 years ago. Could i pull off a low dose , 8 week clean bulk ? Im figuring something like 300mg prop with Ldg 3303.

Carbs are obviously an issue. Can I use N2Slin with metformin ? Can I up my calorie intake with EFAs instead of extra carbs ?

I've googled around, but only saw info for Type 1 guys, who already have insulin at their disposal ...

And I just put on my asbestos underwear, so flame away ....

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I think you would want to keep a close eye on things and I'm no doctor - so maybe you should talk with yours???

But having said that, what little I do think I know about the situation is that I would increase the monitoring of my blood sugar throughout the day to keep a very close watch on things. This in itself will also tell you if you need a GDA or if the GDA is even working. I also wouldn't go nuts with simple sugars and it's probably not necessary anyway.

Also, testosterone MAY help with the T2D.

http://www.mdmag.com/medical-news/testosterone-replacement-therapy-linked-to-reducing-blood-sugar-levels

rocheey

Awards
A quick update ... 7th day, 4th pin of 150 eod prop ... And my blood sugar has dropped dramatically. I'm in the low 70's first thing in the AM .. I regularly take 500mg metformin 2x/day, gonna try halving my meds to get my sugar *Back up* LOL. It must have been the orals last cycle (DMZ 2.0) that jacked up my sugar ..

Spurfy

Awards
  • Established
44 years, 5'10, 208 lbs, approx 16% bf. Lifting on and off whole life, steady now about 2 years. Type 2 Diabetes. Metformin 500 mg x 2/day

Fat percentage is approximate ... low subq fat, got a nice 6 pack, some vascularity in arms and shoulders, but there is a visceral fat pooch underneath, sticks out as far as my chest.

Currently cutting in preparation for possible bulk. I figure that losing the visceral fat would help alleviate any estro problems.

I've got several cycles behind me, from a solo TBol (I know, i know) to a bread and butter dbol/test e, to a Sarms/Albuterol cut.

But I haven't cycled since my Type 2 diagnosis 2 years ago. Could i pull off a low dose , 8 week clean bulk ? Im figuring something like 300mg prop with Ldg 3303.

Carbs are obviously an issue. Can I use N2Slin with metformin ? Can I up my calorie intake with EFAs instead of extra carbs ?

I've googled around, but only saw info for Type 1 guys, who already have insulin at their disposal ...

And I just put on my asbestos underwear, so flame away ....
Your metformin dose is a joke. Bump it up to 2500-3000 mg and watch the magic happen.

Destroying

Awards
Your metformin dose is a joke. Bump it up to 2500-3000 mg and watch the magic happen.
Are you completely stupid? I though in the other thread you were trying to wind people up, this guy actually HAS diabetes!!! Please bro, do not mess with your diabetic medication at this time. I have seen a diabetic seizure before they don’t seem fun.
Do not listen to anyone who tells you to mess around with your diabetes meds. A lot of bodybuilders use meds like metformin and slin but they do not actually have diabetes. If you want to be healthy and live for awhile yet, if not f*ck with the metformin. Spurfy will tell you he is a ‘Pharmacologist’ with a fancy degree, but he is just full of sh*t.

Spurfy

Awards
  • Established
"Significant dose-dependent improvement in daily profiles of blood glucose was observed with metformin dosages up to 1,500 mg/day, with a trend towards further improvement observed at 2,250 mg/day."

J Diabetes Investig. 2017 Sep 30. doi: 10.1111/jdi.12755

"Type II diabetic patients with a BMI > 25 were treated with 3,000 mg/day (n = 27), 1,500 mg/day (n = 25), or placebo (n = 23) for 6 months [...] Blood glucose fell (mean) by 3.6 mmol/l in the high-dose and 0.5 mmol/l in the low-dose group over the 6-month study [...] The results indicate that metformin has favorable effects on cardiovascular risk factors associated with type II diabetes. The effects on glycemic control and lipids are dose-dependent."

Diabetes Care. 1996 Jan;19(1):64-6.

"Metformin lowered fasting plasma glucose and HbA1c generally in a dose-related manner. Benefits were observed with as little as 500 mg of metformin; maximal benefits were observed at the upper limits of the recommended daily dosage."

Am J Med. 1997 Dec;103(6):491-7.

You can't beat me. Haven't you figured this out yet? You're like a guy who watches a lawyer TV show trying to debate a Federal judge, on matters of law. You think you're making brilliant arguments, but in reality, your whole knowledge base is essentially made-up.

Destroying

Awards
"Significant dose-dependent improvement in daily profiles of blood glucose was observed with metformin dosages up to 1,500 mg/day, with a trend towards further improvement observed at 2,250 mg/day."

J Diabetes Investig. 2017 Sep 30. doi: 10.1111/jdi.12755

"Type II diabetic patients with a BMI > 25 were treated with 3,000 mg/day (n = 27), 1,500 mg/day (n = 25), or placebo (n = 23) for 6 months [...] Blood glucose fell (mean) by 3.6 mmol/l in the high-dose and 0.5 mmol/l in the low-dose group over the 6-month study [...] The results indicate that metformin has favorable effects on cardiovascular risk factors associated with type II diabetes. The effects on glycemic control and lipids are dose-dependent."

Diabetes Care. 1996 Jan;19(1):64-6.

"Metformin lowered fasting plasma glucose and HbA1c generally in a dose-related manner. Benefits were observed with as little as 500 mg of metformin; maximal benefits were observed at the upper limits of the recommended daily dosage."

Am J Med. 1997 Dec;103(6):491-7.

You can't beat me. Haven't you figured this out yet? You're like a guy who watches a lawyer TV show trying to debate a Federal judge, on matters of law. You think you're making brilliant arguments, but in reality, your whole knowledge base is essentially made-up.
No dummy it doesn’t matter how many studies. He actually has diabetes; he NEEDS to take those meds AS PRESCRIBED by his real doctor you are a total jackass. The wrong dose can totally mess him up. His doctor is an ACTUAL PROFESSIONAL and gave him the dose he needs to take. You’re dangerous and foolish. Taking too much Metformin for a diabetic can be dangerous. If he gets low blood sugar he will be tired, shaky and could have a seizure.

How much is too much? THE DOCTOR WILL DECIDE based on blood glucose levels, etc.

I’m not trying to “beat you” at anything? I’m trying to warm this guy that you are not a doctor.

Spurfy

Awards
  • Established
Those were all studies in type II diabetics. Can you not read?

Type I diabetes is very risky with metformin, type II is not. Metformin, at clinical doses, cannot generally induce hypoglycemia in type II diabetics without the addition of exogenous insulin. Metformin, in T2D, is established as safe, up to 3000 mg/day.

I pity you -- you are literally the textbook definition of the Dunning-Kruger effect.

Destroying

Awards
You are pathetic. I saw a guy have a diabetic seizure, how is that? I thought he had epilepsy! I ran and got a paramedic (it was at a home show and the ambulance ppl had a booth) and they gave him some OJ and whatever else to revive him. I sat with him for about 5 minutes where he explained to me that he was a recently diagnosed diabetic, and the doc had recently decided to LOWER his metformin because his blood sugar was crashing. So what do I know? I know that. You are a loser I hope you follow all your own advice and take a bunch of “non toxic” Anavar mixed with coffee forever and ever along with massive doses of metformin so you can learn what happens if ppl follow your advice.