Bodybuilding Relationships

Swindler

Swindler

Awards
  • Established
man I think that was pretty cool video... but I am a gym rat I guess some will say like most others on here but when comes to relationships I really don't care cause some get tired of you going to the gym or spending money on the things you do and eating the way you do. I am a relationship rite now and something got brought about taking certain supps. and I had to shut it down but honestly if someone can handle my training routine and the things I do for my health and fitness routine then we can move on to the next phase...hah.. I subscribed to that channel by the way I thought it was somewhat informative...

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I definitely thought this was a competenpc thread

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I definitely thought this was a competenpc thread
Nah it would’ve said “how much do you hate bodybuilding relationships?” Or “bodybuilding ruins relationships”

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Skip to 9:10 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6H37AYq81Q&t=37s

Do you find this to be true? experiences? stories?
Was a good video. Regards relationships I don’t think it’s essential someone your with is as into B.B. (or Fitness generally) as you are but to be honest imo it helps.

I got into Fitness slightly before my wife, I’m pretty ‘obsessive’ about training and nutrition. Before she ‘got the bug’ I used to get comments or moaning about why ‘I had’ to go the gym or that I was late because of cooking food etc.

She started training (now does oly lifting) and instantly that disappeared as she gets it. We both accept when it when training inconveniences the other person as we know how important it is for them.

If your other half isn’t into fitness I think it’s important they have their own interest....

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Was a good video. Regards relationships I don’t think it’s essential someone your with is as into B.B. (or Fitness generally) as you are but to be honest imo it helps.

I got into Fitness slightly before my wife, I’m pretty ‘obsessive’ about training and nutrition. Before she ‘got the bug’ I used to get comments or moaning about why ‘I had’ to go the gym or that I was late because of cooking food etc.

She started training (now does oly lifting) and instantly that disappeared as she gets it. We both accept when it when training inconveniences the other person as we know how important it is for them.

If your other half isn’t into fitness I think it’s important they have their own interest....
I agree it helps but def not a requirement. My fiancé knows how obsessive I can be with diet or training and she just accepts it. She wants to learn but just isn’t excited about it like I am (and has the willpower of a starving child ha).

Regardless, she understands and accepts my passion for it. Just like I understand her passion for Netflix and laying in bed all day haha

swimfan65

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I find it difficult on a heavy cycle...my BS, crazy woman, tolerance is about 0 at that time. Also, I train about 3 hours a day on top of meal prep, work, and household stuff, I have very little free time. The time I do have, I spend eating or relaxing. Training is my way of life and I'm not going to compromise that for a relationship. If I could find a woman who lives the way I do...that would be great. But I'm not going to trade training for romantic dinners and walks on the beach. But that's just me. I am very fullfilled with my life and what I do and I'm old enough that I really don't have the desire to chase skirts anymore.