To Trest or to not Trest

elo76

elo76

Awards
  • Established
I'll be 41 when I plan on running trest in fall. Now I'm 2nd guessing even messing with it after reading how some people never recover. Especially the older crowd.

What's the general consensus on running it over 40? Should I take my chances or just live with 4 Andro and/or EPI Andro as my base?

Thoughts?

Tank999

Tank999

Awards
  • Established
So what you're saying is I'm nuts for running it at 57?

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
It shut me down faster and harder than other compounds. I love the effects of it though. Really just a cost benefit. Current cycle I am going with high dose 4-andro (600mg daily) and it's not the same at all-In terms of effects and strength. We will see how shutdown and recovery go though.

elo76

elo76

Awards
  • Established
Nope. But my next cycle includes oral and td tr3st
So you're not worried about the chance you won't recover? I know most people recover just fine. There's just a bigger risk with the older crowd.

btur2915

Awards
the correct answer is always to trest responsibly.

Tank999

Tank999

Awards
  • Established
So you're not worried about the chance you won't recover? I know most people recover just fine. There's just a bigger risk with the older crowd.
I figure it's all a gamble. I'm not doing it recreationally - I'm using it to counteract certain issues with my anavar/epi run.....

Eight

Eight

Awards
Is it really that risky? I was considering it for a base in the near future, but you lot have got me worried now.

elo76

elo76

Awards
  • Established
From what I've read I think there's a bigger risk with the older crowd. That's why I posted the question to get some opinions.

Eight

Eight

Awards
From what I've read I think there's a bigger risk with the older crowd. That's why I posted the question to get some opinions.
Hmm... Don't like the sound of this. Will probably go for 4-andro instead. :)

Mike Arnold

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
All steroids will suppress the release of LH and FSH from the pituitary, although 19-nor based steroids can be harder to recover from than test-based and DHT-based drugs.

However, keep in mind that all steroid cycles have the potential to cause various degrees of permanent damage to the HPTA...and the more cycles you run, the more likely this damage is to occur.

Have you had your T levels checked (recently)? If they are already below the ideal-optimal range you should be on TRT anyway, which makes recovery from trestolone irrelevant.

Mrthk75

Awards
I'm 41 on trt and if my order goes through will be trying trest. Heard you don't need to stack it with anything but should you .

nubioso

nubioso

Awards
  • Established
Well, I am just about to start week 3 of Msten/Trest combo. I'm 33 years old (yes yes I know, 35 & older forum =P)

I had done 8 weeks of epiandro+Osta, then right into Msten/Trest for 4 weeks before doing full PCT.

The epiandro + osta made me want to have sex with everything in site. Crazy libido.

As soon as I took that trest.....gone, almost instantly. At 100mg an AI (for me atleast) is absolutely necessary.

Now, I can still perform when I need to, but overall interest is down as well as sensitivity in that area. My blood pressure spiked and my estrogen went a little crazy as I didn't realize just HOW much this would aromatize....both of those symptoms will cause you to not be able to maintain an erection.

Not going to lie, it's been a little disconcerting, but at the same time I've always been so damn sex crazed, on my mind CONSTANTLY, it's actually a nice little reprieve. I don't have a wife/gf that I need to worry about pleasing 24/7 at the moment either so it works for me.

I figure just 2 more weeks then I'll start in on PCT and hopefully everything returns to normal. I'm pretty confident it will though, as I'm only taking the oral trest 4 times a day 4 hours a part. The half life is so short that even by morning I can usually tell my libido has come back until I take the first dose.

Realistically, it's like asking "I've heard some guys lost a lot of money at the roulette table, you think I should play craps?" It's a gamble no matter what, but any 19-nor derivatives will shut you down pretty hard. I think this will be my first and only run using one of them.

I'm 41 on trt and if my order goes through will be trying trest. Heard you don't need to stack it with anything but should you .
Definitely don't run it solo. Stack it with something that doesn't aromatize. 1-andro would work well if you were looking for something Non-methylated. 4-andro would work as well, might help stave off libido issues, but it's another 'wet' compound so 4-andro + trest you will definitely want to make sure you have an AI on hand.

Adam1

Adam1

Awards
You can read the studies, seems like recovery is just slower than many other compounds. I ran it for about 4.5 weeks at the end of a 50 day cycle stacked with sup3r-11 and sup3r-2. Recovered but was about 2mo later when I was back 100%.

You know, there are lots of 19-nors out there, this one was tested as a male contraceptive... didn't stop me from knocking up the old lady during PCT. Lol

nubioso

nubioso

Awards
  • Established
You can read the studies, seems like recovery is just slower than many other compounds. I ran it for about 4.5 weeks at the end of a 50 day cycle stacked with sup3r-11 and sup3r-2. Recovered but was about 2mo later when I was back 100%.

You know, there are lots of 19-nors out there, this one was tested as a male contraceptive... didn't stop me from knocking up the old lady during PCT. Lol
And that's just it lol.....at another forum I'm on someone mentioned that and within about 5 minutes 3 other dudes chimed in about how they also got their wives/girlfriends pregnant while running tons of stuff that should have shut them down similarly. Tren is a popular one, and it's similar to trest in terms of shutdown because it's another 19-Nor.

These shut you down quicker, and make recovery longer. No matter what though, as said earlier, it's still a gamble with any of them. I'm just going to take my necessary precautions. PCT is in a week. Got Prami, nolva, exem, sup3r-pct, the whole bit. Probably going to do a full 6-8 weeks just to make sure everything is on the up and up.

From here on out, I'm going to stick with the Test and DHT derivatives and avoid the 19-nors.

Here's a great wikipedia that gives a breakdown of the kinds out there to familiarize yourself with whether or not it's 19-nor, DHT, etc...

I cant post links so just swap out the + in the link.

en+wikipedia+org/wiki/List_of_androgens/anabolic_steroids#19-Nortestosterone_.28nandrolone.29_derivatives

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Someone who has run it before but had trouble with hpta recovery, should run it again in conjunction with a SERM. Could be an interdasting n=1 experiment.

JLaudio1977

Awards
At 40 and interested in cycling is a tough call. Especially with the potent compounds like Trest or Tren. Being on TRT Definately helps eliminate the horrors of shut down.
I'm low dosing my Trest as a base while I hit Tren Ace.
I will def have caber and aromasin on hand. I'm bulking though so I don't want to completely destroy Estrogen. Bloat isn't my concern as much as a nice set of tatters!! Lol
Hope things worked out!

ericos_bob

Awards
  • Established
I thought 19-nor compounds are harsher due to acting on both the pituitary directly and at the hypothamus to reduce GNRH whereas testosterone based steroids only on the hypothalamus and this is why LDN (naltrexone) along with a SERM on cycle has been proposed as a method to preventing HPTA shutdown with test derivatives but not with 19-nor compounds. Regardless I'd give the 19-nors a miss and go with good old testosterone if you can get it and if not an andro run though you'll be short changing on gains in comparison to trest. That is if you have any concerns about recovery.
I plan to run a 4 week Test.susp cycle with LDN and 10mg nolva ED with pre/post cycle bloods to see how effective this protocol is for limiting HPTA suppression.

JLaudio1977

Awards
I'm interested in seeing your findings. I've now noticed a few people run serms on cycle. Was always curious as to why.
I'm cruising because I'm an older dude. I just love to learn and hear new input. Considering bodybuilding has made leaps and bounds in 30 or so yrs!! Even though I like the physiques a lot more back in the 70s early 80s
My bad I just love talking shop lol

JLaudio1977

Awards
The 19 Nor are also a lot friendlier on us older cats when it comes to our joints. I'm junk from pitching thru college. Living in Cold New England it isn't so bad to have some Decca etc kickin around the crib

ericos_bob

Awards
  • Established
I can believe that.

The LDN and SERM to prevent suppression is pretty old news. I googled some reports from users running both and requiring no PCT with bloods to support (allegedly) and yet so few run these drugs alongside a cycle.

ericos_bob

Awards
  • Established
I can believe that.

The LDN and SERM to prevent suppression is pretty old news. I googled some reports from users running both and requiring no PCT with bloods to support (allegedly) and yet so few run these drugs alongside a cycle.

JLaudio1977

Awards
I'm not thrilled that I'm getting older but I am pretty pumped that I don't have to deal with post cycle shut down anymore. This was the main reason I took some yrs off.
Fck the anxiety and depression. If I had it to do all over again I'd of stayed away from suppressive gear until I was ready for HRT.
Don't get me wrong it was fun doing summer cycles but even with proper pct I felt like dog **** and my workouts lost intensity. Let alone I'd lose most of my gains.
Also, TRT is a last resort for middle aged men that have depleted natty.
Please don't be in a hurry to jump on for good. Once u do that's it and it's now apart of your everyday life. Constant blood work and the never ending quest for the "sweet spot" which some never find. These after all are hormones and can very well mess u up if do not respect the weight it carries.

J5175

Awards
Forum noob here.

I have to vials of test c in my cupboard. I was really looking forward to running them for a first cycle. Now I am worried. Reading here and a few places that older dudes like myself (41 yo but think my natty test levels are fine) could never come fully back from a cycle or 2.

Aaaah. May just chuck them away. Not worth the risk at the moment I think. Maybe when I’m a lot older

ericos_bob

Awards
  • Established
A wise choice I say not messing with a well functioning system. I'm 32 but in the same boat. Natty levels are still great. I'm not sure if anybodys levels come back 100% post PCT. The allure to juice is ALWAYS there but just gotta live with it. Someone once said temptation resisted is the true measure of character.

nubioso

nubioso

Awards
  • Established
A wise choice I say not messing with a well functioning system. I'm 32 but in the same boat. Natty levels are still great. I'm not sure if anybodys levels come back 100% post PCT. The allure to juice is ALWAYS there but just gotta live with it. Someone once said temptation resisted is the true measure of character.
Someone also told me, I may die tomorrow so enjoy life how I want. =P

Anywho, this thread was about trest, not test lol.

ericos_bob

Awards
  • Established
They go hand in hand. Good point on test. Trest is breast

bigbeaph

bigbeaph

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
My understanding is that when you mess around with any of these hormones there is ALWAYS the possibility that you could permanently shut yourself down. Of course a more powerful agent such as trest will pose more of a threat than some dermacrine. Do your homework and find that minimum effective dose - don't abuse the stuff. If you have everything in place you can be much more confident with what you run. It is all risk vs. reward.

DWeaver

DWeaver

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Even at 50mg Trest TD base there’s a chance you might not recover? I’m about to run this with Androsterone and dien diol.

Outofbody

Outofbody

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yeah, definitely don't run trest if you're worried about shutdown. Especially if you're over 30 now and aren't looking to start TRT.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I’ve got dt trest lined up for next year and plan to stack with havoc.

Was aware trest was hard shut down but not that chances of recovery (assuming proper pct) were significantly less than anything else which causes shut down.

I’ve got clomid, nolva and exem on hand for that run and was pretty confident all would be fine.

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I’ve got dt trest lined up for next year and plan to stack with havoc.

Was aware trest was hard shut down but not that chances of recovery (assuming proper pct) were significantly less than anything else which causes shut down.

I’ve got clomid, nolva and exem on hand for that run and was pretty confident all would be fine.
Hmm, I thought you are in your 50’s. Pardon me if you’re younger. Everything I read on Trest is that it’s a Hard shutdown with reduced chance of restarting HPTA. Thoughts?

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Hmm, I thought you are in your 50’s. Pardon me if you’re younger. Everything I read on Trest is that it’s a Hard shutdown with reduced chance of restarting HPTA. Thoughts?
Lol, I’m 36 but often told I look 50.....(it’s been a hard life)

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Lol. You are a young pup. Trest away!
Haha, thanks. I tend to train with and be around younger guys (I employ a couple of uni grads) so literally never get called young anymore haha

Looking forward to running that and then nanodrol (probably stacked with 4ad) next year.

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Haha, thanks. I tend to train with and be around younger guys (I employ a couple of uni grads) so literally never get called young anymore haha

Looking forward to running that and then nanodrol (probably stacked with 4ad) next year.
Would like to follow if you create a log. Young people help keep us old guys young.

DWeaver

DWeaver

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I’m not going to log it but I’m about to start a dien diol, trest and androsterone run. All TD products. I’m 43.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Would like to follow if you create a log. Young people help keep us old guys young.
I’ll definitely be logging it bro, found it a useful discipline on my cycle just finished. I’ll tag you in at the time.

bradjoseph50

Awards
Trest is AMAZING! Especially when you get older. I would recommend starting at 25mg/day and seeing how that works. I had zero sides, unreal sex drive and crazy strength gains. Enjoy!

Cgkone

Cgkone

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I know when I first starting researching Trest I was scared of it.
But I was researching old threads from the PH to Trest.
The Ph to Trest is massively more powerful than the Trest being sold mostly today.
I got grim MENT from reaper labs and that stuff is crazy
30 mg and your on fire.
When I tried the newer version that are not the PH no where near the same.
Still good but I can easily take 50mg +.
Older threads often are referring to injecting MENT .
I would like to see a newer log about Trest causing permanent shutdown

Mike Arnold

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I know when I first starting researching Trest I was scared of it.
But I was researching old threads from the PH to Trest.
The Ph to Trest is massively more powerful than the Trest being sold mostly today.
I got grim MENT from reaper labs and that stuff is crazy
30 mg and your on fire.
When I tried the newer version that are not the PH no where near the same.
Still good but I can easily take 50mg +.
Older threads often are referring to injecting MENT .
I would like to see a newer log about Trest causing permanent shutdown
Real injectable trest blows away any trest PH. No comparison.

Mike Arnold

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I believe that.
But the PH to Trest smokes oral Trest.
You may be right. I have never used a trest PH. Obviously, oral bioavailability becomes the main issue when using trest orally. If a trest PH has a decent conversion rate and high oral bioavailability, then I could certainly see it producing better results.

Cgkone

Cgkone

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You may be right. I have never used a trest PH. Obviously, oral bioavailability becomes the main issue when using trest orally. If a trest PH has a decent conversion rate and high oral bioavailability, then I could certainly see it producing better results.
From what I know(which is limited).
Its because the PH is anabolic both before and after it converts......
Or something like that.