Upper back "cramps"?

Br1ck_Sh1thouse

Awards
  • Established
Upper back "cramps"?

Anyone ever experience upper back muscle spasms/cramps/knots close to spine right in between shoulder blades(wings)? About 5 months ago after laying on my back on the couch like normal when I got up I experienced this new pain for the first time ever. Now anytime I lay on my back on the couch I get these severe muscle cramps! Takes a day or two to go away.
Finally caved and saw a chiro, that was worthless. I've been been told it's a muscle imbalance so I've been beating the snot out of my upper back since early December and it's helped ever so slightly. Wife had repeatedly commented on how back development I've made.
What I don't understand is how instantly it came on when I was doing nothing and now seems to be a permanent issue.
Now the best medicine is not laying on my back in the couch.

Anyone ever seen or heard of this? Thoughts?
Just getting old? SFreed Studhorse hairygrandpa The_Old_Guy

riffdex

Awards
Maybe the cushion of your couch has gotten beaten down to the point it is not supporting weight evenly? So that when you lay down on it, you experience this everytime. Try shuffling cushions around or flipping, if possible.

Also, laying on a couch probably isn't best for your back (or body for that matter) so I would definitely advise lifestyle changes to limit time spent in this position. Maybe even invest in a nice comfortable (and well supporting) reclining chair if you spend a lot of time in this room.

Br1ck_Sh1thouse

Awards
  • Established
Maybe the cushion of your couch has gotten beaten down to the point it is not supporting weight evenly? So that when you lay down on it, you experience this everytime. Try shuffling cushions around or flipping, if possible.

Also, laying on a couch probably isn't best for your back (or body for that matter) so I would definitely advise lifestyle changes to limit time spent in this position. Maybe even invest in a nice comfortable (and well supporting) reclining chair if you spend a lot of time in this room.
Not the cushions I've tried moving them around and it's a sectional so there's a lot of ways to lay. I've also experienced it laying on the floor with my head on a beanbag.

Recliner lol I wish, wife won't let me, they're too "ugly", I'll figure something else out eventually.
Currently I've discovered I can lay on my side and it's not an issue, I just miss laying on my back.

Thanks for the suggestions, much appreciated!

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Can't help you with that one brother. I'm fortunate (knocks on wood) that I don't have any back problems. I honestly think that a lifetime spent working on my feet has helped with that.

Now foot and knee issues are another story

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Maybe try a different chiropractor?

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Anyone ever experience upper back muscle spasms/cramps/knots close to spine right in between shoulder blades(wings)? About 5 months ago after laying on my back on the couch like normal when I got up I experienced this new pain for the first time ever. Now anytime I lay on my back on the couch I get these severe muscle cramps! Takes a day or two to go away.
Finally caved and saw a chiro, that was worthless. I've been been told it's a muscle imbalance so I've been beating the snot out of my upper back since early December and it's helped ever so slightly. Wife had repeatedly commented on how back development I've made.
What I don't understand is how instantly it came on when I was doing nothing and now seems to be a permanent issue.
Now the best medicine is not laying on my back in the couch.

Anyone ever seen or heard of this? Thoughts?
Just getting old? SFreed Studhorse hairygrandpa
Are you taking PH's -or AAS?
I had the same issue but it was due to D-bol. First got the famous back -and calf pumps/cramps, later at night random muscle cramps in my back had me twisting like a worm.
I took about 6gr taurine/day 3x2g -and upped electrolytes. Cramps got better but went completely away after D-bol use.

Br1ck_Sh1thouse

Awards
  • Established
Are you taking PH's -or AAS?
I had the same issue but it was due to D-bol. First got the famous back -and calf pumps/cramps, later at night random muscle cramps in my back had me twisting like a worm.
I took about 6gr taurine/day 3x2g -and upped electrolytes. Cramps got better but went completely away after D-bol use.
Wasn't when it started, but currently tr3st. I've tried taurine but not at that dose maybe I'll try that.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
No back problems here, but have you considered a conventional MRI .vs a Chiropractor?

Br1ck_Sh1thouse

Awards
  • Established
No back problems here, but have you considered a conventional MRI .vs a Chiropractor?
Hmmm I'll have to check with the doc, she wasn't ready to go to that stage yet. But maybe I'll press the issue.