ZOO Grows Into The Show (Show Day)

ZOO

ZOO

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Damn bro, that looks painful lol! Looks like your leaning out nicely. Gonna be grainy come 6 weeks. Keep it up!!!
Haha it was actually the least painful and most enjoyable tbh. Not much pain but plenty of post cutting/burn high XD

Appreciate the vote of confidence my man! I’m looking forward to being tight and light. Looking to be around 190 lbs which seems within range.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Reactions: ZOO
theswede

theswede

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Thanks, bro. I was hoping to have leaned out more but I suppose I’m pressing my luck trying to gain weight and lose substantial fat simultaneously. From here on I will be angling towards getting cut up. The introduction of a more aggressive PED protocol should help tremendously in the transformative aspect moving forward.

Speaking of cut up. Here’s a face update
Yikes man! That looks awesome but painful!

ZOO

ZOO

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
UPDATE

Fasted weight 204.6 lbs

Pretty wild to see my weight slowly climbing, or at the least staying well above the 202 mark. I credit this in part to the increased sodium and water retention. It’s something I’ve noticed based not strictly on my appearance but also my breathing. As such I will be lowering GH from 4iu to 2iu in an effort to counter this and see if it will reduce water retention. At this point I don’t feel the higher GH dose will be of much benefit with the push of other AAS. (On this note Bostin has recommended adding Winstrol 50mg at 4 weeks out.)

Further, exemstane is being added effective tonight at 25mg twice weekly.

Today I decided I need to begin pushing the envelope and have made adjustments to my diet to do so (see below). Specifically, I dropped my Trutein from 2.5 scoops to 2 scoops and added 3g of Natty PB to my last meal. While I was initially going to see how things play out... I simply don’t have time to play around. 5 weeks is not long to make substantial improvements so I cannot afford to be lax in any way. If necessary I will “refuel” on weekends by adding an extra English muffin.

I have also doubled my Fiberlyze intake since I haven’t been taking dumps much. I don’t feel constipated in the slightest but I want to make sure I don’t get bound up being on a largely carb absent diet.

As most are aware I live in SoCal, which has the heaviest restrictions related to the “C” word. They have been increasing mandates and in all honesty I’m a little nervous, but half expecting, that the city will shutdown the Muscle Beach contest by the time Labor Day rolls around. With that said I will continue with prep regardless and try to plan a photo shoot and/or vacation (somewhere I can party shirtless) in its place should it be canceled.

Monday-Friday
Calories: 1960 / Protein: 284g (60%) / Carbs: 45g (22g from fiber) (9%) / Fat: 64g (31%)

MEAL 1: 4 Whole Eggs, 300g Egg Whites, 200g Riced cauliflower, 1/4 tsp Iodized Salt, 1 x Tango, 1 x Grunt, 1 x Panda Supps Greens

MEAL 2: 2 scoops Trutein, 6g Fish Oil, Pink Salt to taste

MEAL 3: 250g Burkey (Super Lean), 100g Green Beans, 1/2 tbsp Macadamia Nut Oil

MEAL 4: 250g Burkey (Super Lean), 100g Green Beans, 1/2 tbsp Macadamia Nut Oil

MEAL 5: 2 scoops Trutein, 27g Natural Peanut Butter, Pink Salt to taste

Last edited:
ZOO

ZOO

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
UPDATE (5 Weeks Out)

Fasted weight: 203.0 lbs

Now sitting at 5 weeks out and I feel that I need to be pushing harder still. I’ve already pressed the diet aspect further than initially planned but I believe that I have significantly underestimated the effects of having lesser muscle mass, weight training capacity, and using lower drug amounts. Basically I see myself as being quite behind schedule. With that said I’m bringing my Monday-Friday nutrition in even tighter and then will refuel on Saturday/Sunday if deemed necessary.

Monday-Friday (effective 8/3)
Calories: 1890 / Protein: 278g / Carbs: 44g (22g from fiber) / Fat: 60g

MEAL 1: 3 Whole Eggs, 300g Egg Whites, 200g Riced cauliflower, 1/4 tsp Iodized Salt, 1 x Tango, 1 x Grunt, 1 x Panda Supps Greens

MEAL 2: 2 scoops Trutein, 6g Fish Oil, Pink Salt to taste

MEAL 3: 250g Burkey (Super Lean), 100g Green Beans, 1/2 tbsp Macadamia Nut Oil

MEAL 4: 250g Burkey (Super Lean), 100g Green Beans, 1/2 tbsp Macadamia Nut Oil

MEAL 5: 2 scoops Trutein, 27g Natural Peanut Butter, Pink Salt to taste

Last edited:
ZOO

ZOO

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Zoo, great job persevering! Overcoming setbacks are tough, yet you keep at it. I 100% respect and admire your determination. Keep at I brother.
Thanks, Spider! I’m glad others find my prep effort helpful in some way :) It really does make a difference in keeping me going which will become increasingly important over the next month. This past week I was starting to get the prep feels so these coming weeks are sure to hurt haha

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Thanks, Spider! I’m glad others find my prep effort helpful in some way :) It really does make a difference in keeping me going which will become increasingly important over the next month. This past week I was starting to get the prep feels so these coming weeks are sure to hurt haha
it’s incredibly interesting to see a prep done in this level of detail brother. I’m cutting myself but have no ambition to get to a stage level of lean. However, seeing the level of precision with where you are at shows just how much further I would need to go should I ever try to

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I think the ability to just stick to the exact same foods day in and out even when truly hungry is fascinating. I can eat similar foods repetitively, but as weight falls off and strength diminishes I eat what I feel I need to keep performance up. It’s different when the fat loss IS the performance goal I suppose, but I’ve never just done that.

It doesn’t seem easy!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Respect !!

ZOO

ZOO

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Thanks brother, much appreciated. It appears that surgery was successful.

Like the others mentioned, your levels of dedication and perseverance are off the charts and I’m proud to call you a friend. Keep at it my man!
Stoked to hear it, brother! And thank you man. Likewise, I can say the same to you. You’ve been killing your transformation goals and your dedication to the process is undeniable. Even in light of the recent surgery you’re making every effort to maintain the program. That **** is inspiring too my man. Keep us all posted! We all wish you a speedy recovery 💪🏻😎

Julianbee

Julianbee

Awards
Hey Zoo! I mostly lurk the forums and don’t post, but I’ve been following your thread. I wanted to do the same contest but I’m not eligible.
Anyway, the point of me posting was to suggest looking into shows here in Arizona. The state has been pretty lax in terms of c-restrictions especially compared to Cali.

ZOO

ZOO

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Hey Zoo! I mostly lurk the forums and don’t post, but I’ve been following your thread. I wanted to do the same contest but I’m not eligible.
Anyway, the point of me posting was to suggest looking into shows here in Arizona. The state has been pretty lax in terms of c-restrictions especially compared to Cali.
Why aren’t you eligible? Would be cool if another forum bro came out to do it.

Thanks for the heads up! I’m not really that serious into competing. I just like doing the Venice Beach show because it’s chill, fun, and close by. Afterwards I can just drive home, shower, and go feast. It’s more for enjoyment than any real competitive interest. That being said I still want to look good up there! Gotta earn my post workout snacks haha 😆

Julianbee

Julianbee

Awards
Why aren’t you eligible? Would be cool if another forum bro came out to do it.

Thanks for the heads up! I’m not really that serious into competing. I just like doing the Venice Beach show because it’s chill, fun, and close by. Afterwards I can just drive home, shower, and go feast. It’s more for enjoyment than any real competitive interest. That being said I still want to look good up there! Gotta earn my post workout snacks haha 😆
I’ve been competing for a while and have done some pro shows with some of the smaller federations, but that still makes me ineligible. I really wanted to do this show too! I went to muscle beach for the first time in 2019 but they were renovating and most of it was closed. So I’ve been itching to comeback and to do a show on top of that would have been icing on the cake.
The fact you’re doing this prep with an injury shows your true passion and I have no doubt you’ll crush it on stage

ZOO

ZOO

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I’ve been competing for a while and have done some pro shows with some of the smaller federations, but that still makes me ineligible. I really wanted to do this show too! I went to muscle beach for the first time in 2019 but they were renovating and most of it was closed. So I’ve been itching to comeback and to do a show on top of that would have been icing on the cake.
The fact you’re doing this prep with an injury shows your true passion and I have no doubt you’ll crush it on stage
Ahhhh okay that makes sense. I appreciate you giving us less competitive newbies a chance haha. And thanks bro :) I will certainly go in and try my best. Hard to say how things will go in this prep because I haven’t attempted to get my physique peaked since my injury occurred so this whole thing is a big learning experience (or experiment haha).

ZOO

ZOO

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
UPDATE

Fasted weight: 204.4 lbs

It is amazing to me that my weight is still seemingly increasing overall. I’m either doing things very well or things are going bad haha. Let’s pray for the former. Gotta say I definitely am having those “prep feel” moments where my ass is dragging but nothing too terrible.

A fun cutting update! Got my hand piece started yesterday. This time we used a surgical cauterizing tool to create fine point burns. My artist’s apprentices both did it. The one who did my fingers I have a small crush on lol. As it turns out human skin smells like chicken when burned hahaha XD The burning part was pretty wild but overall not that painful. The redness and swelling surrounding the work has faded today and is feeling much more spiffy. Just a tad stiff.

Attachments

wfreiling

wfreiling

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
What are you getting on the other knucks?

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I like Mustangs !

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Damn those knuckles are red! Woof! I’m impressed how fine the detail can be with the burns.

Probably the same tool they used on my vasectomy. You need to be precise sometimes

ZOO

ZOO

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Well... I emailed Bostin updates to get feedback and advice... he told me not to do the show :(

"I really would not do the show. You do not want to look worse than when you won a couple years ago. The whole point is to show improvements... You have nothing to prove to anyone and you are injured... The diet is super low in food. Gear looks fine. I would remove the HCG tho.... I hope you do a slow reverse/rebound diet and focus on making some improvements. As a friend I am just being completely honest with you."

I'm not sure what to do. He is correct. I will look worse than previous years, but also don't know if I will ever get back to a point of making notable improvements. Man, this is turning into a defeating morning lol. I'm ready for my weekend anime binge. I'll probably have my extra English muffins this weekend.

Last edited:
wfreiling

wfreiling

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Well... I emailed Bostin updates to get feedback and advice... he told me not to do the show :(

"I really would not do the show. You do not want to look worse than when you won a couple years ago. The whole point is to show improvements... You have nothing to prove to anyone and you are injured... The diet is super low in food. Gear looks fine. I would remove the HCG tho.... I hope you do a slow reverse/rebound diet and focus on making some improvements. As a friend I am just being completely honest with you."

I'm not sure what to do. He is correct. I will look worse than previous years, but also don't know if I will ever get back to a point of making notable improvements. Man, this is turning into a defeating morning lol. I'm ready for my weekend anime binge. I'll probably have my extra English muffins this weekend.
I’m no bodybuilder and I’ve never competed.

With that being said, this prep is keeping you going and persevering through injury. At the end of the day I don’t think you ever thought you were going to be top contender. So why not reward your hard work by getting up on stage. Have fun. Most importantly do it for the newcomer(AA saying), however it applies here. Maybe there’s someone in the attendance with a similar injury that has the same dream. All they’ll need is to see you/meet you and realize this lifestyle is still an option. You have a lot to give back and you’d be doing the community and yourself a disservice by giving up. You set out on a mission now complete it to the best of your ability.

Majora23

Majora23

Awards
I think Bostin is awesome with what he does with the coaching. And as usual he is being straight up and to the point. Which is great. And he is right, you are injured and have nothing to prove. With that said…

You already know all of this. It’s the whole point and theme to why you started in the first place. The goal was never to bring the best of your ability, the goal was to bring the best of your spirit, during the absolute **** last year and a half(maybe a little longer) of things you have gone through. Not just the injury, all of it(I won’t mention them on here now). You already knew you wouldn’t be able to bring your best package ever or even equal your last one until you can get passed the injury. And you will. Again, Bostin is giving it to you straight but his mindset comes from a different angle. An angle that was never the point of the current misson…. With that said… lol

Whether you are in the best shape of your life or struggling with an injury, this show doesn’t mean anything if it doesn’t still bring, passion, priority, meaning and happiness to you anymore. You are still going to keep moving foward and progressing whether you decide to do it or not. No matter what, I, we support you. Even if you don’t want to do it. And that’s okay, Brother. It’s true, you have nothing left to prove with it. Honestly your last show… With your Dad there seeing it… Couldn’t ask for anything better… Probably one of the best days of both your lives… It’s storybook awesome level stuff, my Man. It’s all about your happiness and progress right now. That’s what matters. Whatever that needs to be you just let me know and that’s what the **** we are doing. Do the show, don’t do it. Wait a year to do it again, **** it. Let’s just keep getting better and smarter and figure **** out while we roll. You are honestly killing it still and it’s really just the short time you had to get ready. If you had months and months you could do exactly what Bostin is saying and then hit the prep. You are just starting to hit your stride with working around the injury. Let’s fucking go, Brotha!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
It just comes down to what will bring you satisfaction brother.

If you are going to be disappointed with the end result not being better than before or placing well, then don’t waste your time and continue focusing on your training. If you are going to compete, you are not in the place for that (like I’m not currently).

If you just want to see whatever you can put together in time because you want to do the entire suffering process, that’s understandable too. This does cost more all-around, but it’s just down to what makes you happiest. I did this at this recent meet and I don’t completely regret it per se because there were little things that were better than ever, and I had fun, but ultimately it set me back as opposed to if I hadn’t tried to rush what couldn’t be rushed with my back health.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Lot of great comments above and anything I say would be me parroting their comments. I’ll just add that no matter what you decide you’re going to have support here bro.
Ditto - We got your back !

ZOO

ZOO

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Fasted weight: 201 lbs

Thank you guys :) your messages mean a lot. I slept on it and decided to press forward. While I completely respect Bostin and his opinion I feel he doesn’t quite understand what I’m dealing with or what my intention/purpose of this show is. I already knew I was going to look worse than in the past going in. That said I think I still have a shot of looking pretty good in board shorts lol

Today I will be having my extra muffin and carbs as planned. Calories will be right around 2100 as opposed to 1910 and it’ll largely be a shift in macros of fat to carbs. Tbh I think this could actually be beneficial for my fat loss goals seeing as how my diet has been largely devoid of any direct carbohydrate source for a few weeks. A re-ignition of sorts.

Also, I will be taking a more aggressive approach to my PEDs in this last leg. If I’m going in I figure I might as well go all in. I’ll post the full details in the 4 week out update. But the big change will be going from 150mg of tren to 300mg. This will be done with 4 shots of 75mg per week until a few days out from the show. In preparation of this I took a 50mg of injection of Tren Ace this morning and will take another 50mg tomorrow morning. As terrible Tren is for you and how I absolutely do not condone it... I really do love the adrenergic feeling it gives me at times. The insomnia I could do without though. I digress. This should really help with fat loss as I further increase training output and cardio.

Last edited:
Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Fasted weight: 201 lbs

Thank you guys :) your messages mean a lot. I slept on it and decided to press forward. While I completely respect Bostin and his opinion I feel he doesn’t quite understand what I’m dealing with or what my intention/purpose of this show is. I already knew I was going to look worse than in the past going in. That said I think I still have a shot of looking pretty good in board shorts lol

Today I will be having my extra muffin and carbs as planned. Calories will be right around 2050 as opposed to 1910 so it’ll largely be a shift in macros. Tbh I think this could actually be beneficial for my fat loss goals seeing as how my diet has been largely devoid of any direct carbohydrate source for a few weeks. A re-ignition of sorts.

Also, I will be taking a more aggressive approach to my PEDs in this last leg. If I’m going in I figure I might as well go all in. I’ll post the full details in the 4 week out update. But the big change will be going from 150mg of tren to 300mg. This will be done with 4 shots of 75mg per week until a few days out from the show. In preparation of this I took a 50mg of injection of Tren Ace this morning and will take another 50mg tomorrow morning. As terrible Tren is for you and how I absolutely do not condone it... I really do love the adrenergic feeling it gives me at times. The insomnia I could do without though. I digress. This should really help with fat loss as I further increase training output and cardio.
sleep is really the only side I get from tren (I also agree that health wise it’s not a smart choice to run long term/frequently). It’s frustrating as I get enough to not stop running it but not enough to be optimal 😂

• Haha
Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I know you aren’t asking for anyone’s advice here, but just based on your expressions so far in this log I think these are both great decisions!

Bostin is being a good friend looking out from trying to keep you from getting hurt or wasting your efforts. But sometimes you just have to do something for you, even if you know it’s not optimal - sometimes it’s just about enjoying/craving the process.

And adding another 150mg of Tren is going to be one of the best return on investments you could ask for from an anabolic, besides if you could tolerate Superdrol for 4 weeks. Competing isn’t healthy inherently, and the important factor here (regarding being in an atherosclerotic setting) is the short duration of exposure. It’s not like you have been running Tren for 4-5 months currently.

I am excited for you Zoo - dial in and enjoy the daily grind brother!!!

ZOO

ZOO

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I know you aren’t asking for anyone’s advice here, but just based on your expressions so far in this log I think these are both great decisions!

Bostin is being a good friend looking out from trying to keep you from getting hurt or wasting your efforts. But sometimes you just have to do something for you, even if you know it’s not optimal - sometimes it’s just about enjoying/craving the process.

And adding another 150mg of Tren is going to be one of the best return on investments you could ask for from an anabolic, besides if you could tolerate Superdrol for 4 weeks. Competing isn’t healthy inherently, and the important factor here (regarding being in an atherosclerotic setting) is the short duration of exposure. It’s not like you have been running Tren for 4-5 months currently.

I am excited for you Zoo - dial in and enjoy the daily grind brother!!!
Thanks brother :) I appreciate your support, input, and affirmation. I actually could manage the SD without much issue but am going with a 50mg Anavar and 50mg Winstrol combination. Bottles are already open so I’d hate to peel open a fresh Superdrol haha

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Thanks brother :) I appreciate your support, input, and affirmation. I actually could manage the SD without much issue but am going with a 50mg Anavar and 50mg Winstrol combination. Bottles are already open so I’d hate to peel open a fresh Superdrol haha
Should help produce a nice look! Winstrol terrifies my tendons as a heavy lifter, but Var’s collagen synthesis should definitely help balance out the impact to keep you safe with mindful training.

ZOO

ZOO

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Should help produce a nice look! Winstrol terrifies my tendons as a heavy lifter, but Var’s collagen synthesis should definitely help balance out the impact to keep you safe with mindful training.
Haha understandably! That was always my hesitation with winstrol. But alas I cannot lift much to begin with so I’m hoping it’s aesthetic benefits make themselves apparent. That said I’ve never ran winstrol before. This whole prep is a massive experiment covering a variety of different things.

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer

For what it's worth, I think this is bad advice! Your friend is limited by his own insecurities, and doesn't comprehend the intrinsic value this show holds for you.

How often in life do we find reach our goals, look back and realise they weren't as important as we believed? Or they turn out to be important for reasons we could not have seen? In the process of achieving our goals we learn, grow, and are exposed to other possibilities and opportunities. Goals are like lamp posts, illuminating our journey along a path we have never travelled.

Keep going man.

ZOO

ZOO

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
For what it's worth, I think this is bad advice! Your friend is limited by his own insecurities, and doesn't comprehend the intrinsic value this show holds for you.

How often in life do we find reach our goals, look back and realise they weren't as important as we believed? Or they turn out to be important for reasons we could not have seen? In the process of achieving our goals we learn, grow, and are exposed to other possibilities and opportunities. Goals are like lamp posts, illuminating our journey along a path we have never travelled.

Keep going man.
Thank you for the support brother! I will say that for Bostin it isn’t a matter of insecurities. It’s simply he is looking at things objectively from a performance and coaching point of view rather than unseen values it holds. I’m not sure he really understands my mental position and I do my best not to bother him with such trivialities haha

ZOO

ZOO

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
That fucking trenergy is for real lol. 5 hours of sort of sketchy sleep and I feel wide awake! Gotta love it lmao.

Anyways, I decided to go with @Hyde and toss in the Superdrol. I will be using it in place of the Winstrol that was originally planned. So it'll be 10mg of SD and 50mg of Anavar effective as of this morning.

My stomach is starting to tighten up much more noticeably. At least from a first person perspective I can see the separation forming when I look downward. Plus I can see my dick!!!

wfreiling

wfreiling

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
That fucking trenergy is for real lol. 5 hours of sort of sketchy sleep and I feel wide awake! Gotta love it lmao.

Anyways, I decided to go with @Hyde and toss in the Superdrol. I will be using it in place of the Winstrol that was originally planned. So it'll be 10mg of SD and 50mg of Anavar effective as of this morning.

My stomach is starting to tighten up much more noticeably. At least from a first person perspective I can see the separation forming when I look downward. Plus I can see my dick!!!
10-15mg sd changed my upper body a lot! Anymore and I couldn’t eat. Love that ****