ZOO Gets Serious (Nutrition Solutions) ft. APEX, CEL, and VLNS - Prep Log and stack at top of page 6

ZOO

ZOO

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I think you need to make an intra I have this be the flavor, for the hardcore of course
Bostin wants to do an intra but I need to get the preworkouts done first. I desperately need it so I can return some capital. I don’t think people realize how difficult it is to get a product made and done correctly haha

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Bostin wants to do an intra but I need to get the preworkouts done first. I desperately need it so I can return some capital. I don’t think people realize how difficult it is to get a product made and done correctly haha
Would buy intra! But must have carbs. My second favorite class of supps, behind pre-WO.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I am about 10 days out from a meet. If Zoo had to stay with me and eat whatever I’m eating, I think he’d have a stroke.

ZOO

ZOO

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Felt ballsy today bad hit 100 on pec dec. Like a boss *rolls eyes* but good progress for me anyway.

Peak O2 is treating me well this week as all my workouts have had improved performance and endurance. I doubt it was the broccoli at least.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
You're both incorrect. I like soda ON my pizza. 100% not joking.

Also, I have a texture issue with pineapple so it has to be the shredded variety.

OK, It's official you are weird !!

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
If they made a diet pineapple soda I would. Also, if I ate pizza still lol
Don't worry, I eat enough pizza for the both of us :)

I'm glad to help in any way that I can :cool:

ZOO

ZOO

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
My doctor’s office called to let me know my request for a (male) sports physician referral has been sent in by my primary. God willing (I’m not religious but I’ll pray lol) I may finally get on the right track to getting a diagnosis and, ultimately, a solution.

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I’m guilty of mixing bcaas into my cream of rice too lol

will join along

Reactions: ZOO
sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I've never mixed them in food but I've dry swallowed 10 grams bc I didn't have a bottle of water and was trying to fit a quick workout in. I would not suggest it but its doable haha

ZOO

ZOO

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I've never mixed them in food but I've dry swallowed 10 grams bc I didn't have a bottle of water and was trying to fit a quick workout in. I would not suggest it but its doable haha
Haha try my oatmeal recipe for breakfast sometime! You’ll thank me :)

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Haha try my oatmeal recipe for breakfast sometime! You’ll thank me :)
I'll do that sometimes. I love gluten free oatmeal anyway :)

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I love my oatmeal !!

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
This sounds like a terrible idea.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Patented fight night cheat meal :) The fat free Reddi Whip is total bullshit. Goes flatter than my messed up arm lol.
Good ole jello and whip cream. Gotta love that to hit the spot when those cravings are high!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Burgers look good !

ZOO

ZOO

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Good ole jello and whip cream. Gotta love that to hit the spot when those cravings are high!
Haha it's a nice touch for the weekend. This meal and UFC fights is all about I have to look forward to anymore lol

Burgers look good !
They are, man! Top notch bison burgers on sourdough English muffins is my favvvvvv. If you're ever in SoCal I'll whip ya up some.

ZOO

ZOO

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Venice Muscle Beach posted that they are resuming their contests this year on Labor Day weekend with the first show on September 4th. Likely the only show as the others will have passed. Traditionally I have always done the July 4th show but as that is not an option I am somewhat tempted to shoot for this one just to have a goal. My hesitation lies in the fact knowing that I have no chance of winning... or likely even looking anywhere I would like to. I'd probably need to compete in Men's Physique due to lack of musculature but by this point my legs are the only thing that receive decent training. Kind of redundant for the class. I don't have any arm size, an aesthetic structure, or deep abdominals... geezus I got depressed just typing this.

wfreiling

wfreiling

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Venice Muscle Beach posted that they are resuming their contests this year on Labor Day weekend with the first show on September 4th. Likely the only show as the others will have passed. Traditionally I have always done the July 4th show but as that is not an option I am somewhat tempted to shoot for this one just to have a goal. My hesitation lies in the fact knowing that I have no chance of winning... or likely even looking anywhere I would like to. I'd probably need to compete in Men's Physique due to lack of musculature but by this point my legs are the only thing that receive decent training. Kind of redundant for the class. I don't have any arm size, an aesthetic structure, or deep abdominals... geezus I got depressed just typing this.
Just do it p*ssy!

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I'll give a different point of view. If you do it, rather than focus on winning, focus on doing the best that you can do. Then, share your story as a source of encouragement for others that may have quit or feel like they can't do something bc of injury, disability, or something like that. If your story helps inspire just one person, gives one person hope, changes one persons life - you 'win' in so many more ways than you ever would by just winning a show.

Another thing - if you're self conscious about actually doing the show, prepare for it anyway to keep your goal intact and still share your story like I mentioned above.

Just a thought.

wfreiling

wfreiling

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I'll give a different point of view. If you do it, rather than focus on winning, focus on doing the best that you can do. Then, share your story as a source of encouragement for others that may have quit or feel like they can't do something bc of injury, disability, or something like that. If your story helps inspire just one person, gives one person hope, changes one persons life - you 'win' in so many more ways than you ever would by just winning a show.

Another thing - if you're self conscious about actually doing the show, prepare for it anyway to keep your goal intact and still share your story like I mentioned above.

Just a thought.
I said exactly this just more condensed

ZOO

ZOO

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
... or likely even looking anywhere I would like to.
You guys seemed to overlook this part. That’s always been the most important to me. Winning or impressing others is always secondary. Being satisfied with my accomplishment in the effort is another. Tbh my mood as been going a bit south all week so I'm probably just being a pussy all around. I'll stay my usual course through the rest of the month and see where my mind and my arm is at come July before deciding whether or not to get into some sort of prep.

Last edited:
Marne40

Marne40

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
You guys seemed to overlook this part. That’s always been the most important to me. Winning or impressing others is always secondary. Being satisfied with my accomplishment in the effort is another. Tbh my mood as been going a bit south all week so I'm probably just being a pussy all around. I'll stay my usual course through the rest of the month and see where my mind and my arm is at come July before deciding whether or not to get into some sort of prep.
Can’t argue with that brother. You know how I feel about the current state of affairs on my end, so I understand. But I will say this, you’re young, in great shape considering your injuries, and knowledgeable enough to still look hawt even without your normal training intensity. I’m the last one to give advice regarding a positive mindset while battling injuries, but keep your head up. Plus you can always look forward to the project we just started 😉

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Not diminishing or overlooking that part at all. I'm sorry if you took it that way.

I know it can be really disheartening to not look the way you want to, or know that you're capable of if it wasn't for the injury.

I was just trying to be encouraging in that you're in better shape the 99% of the population and you manage to be that way while also facing an issue that would make most people quit to begin with. So that in itself is a huge accomplishment, although I know its probably hard to see it that way yourself.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
It all comes down to mindset. What do you want to get out of it? If you are trying to either compete to win (you aren’t) or PR your physique, you won’t. For obvious reasons already discussed.

Now if you want to do it because you know it will improve your progress between then and now, or want to see what you can do post injury with much more limited training (and perhaps less PEDs even than in the past), like as a personal challenge for sport, I’d say that’s a great reason to consider signing up.

Just depends on what you can get behind. That show is going to reward upper body development, plain and simple. But it’s up to you if you care about placings. It could still be a blast if you like the goal setting aspect.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
It all comes down to mindset. What do you want to get out of it? If you are trying to either compete to win (you aren’t) or PR your physique, you won’t. For obvious reasons already discussed.

Now if you want to do it because you know it will improve your progress between then and now, or want to see what you can do post injury with much more limited training (and perhaps less PEDs even than in the past), like as a personal challenge for sport, I’d say that’s a great reason to consider signing up.

Just depends on what you can get behind. That show is going to reward upper body development, plain and simple. But it’s up to you if you care about placings. It could still be a blast if you like the goal setting aspect.

ZOO

ZOO

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Fasted weight: 196.4

I had a high fluctuation of 199.8 lbs come Monday, which was water retention from my sitting around and sipping on fluids all weekend (not training, not sweating). Of course, I maintained my walks, but made sure to touch 7,000 steps.

Tentatively, I have decided on entering the Venice Muscle Beach show in the Men's Physique division. I will be getting blood work on Friday and depending on that I will plan my drug protocol as well as make further plans on proceeding with the show. Overall, PED's will remain conservative but I intend to add in Mast E soon, which I have wanted to do for a while. At 6-8 weeks out I will add Anavar (likely 25mg) leading into the show. GH dose will remain the same while Frag may or may not see an increase down the line.

I have been following 10,000 steps minimum M-F and don't necessarily want to exceed this amount by much as I would like to increase this incrementally by 1,000 steps next month followed by another 1,000 the month after as my cardio. I have no immediate plans on decreasing calories from the roughly 2,200 that I am currently consuming, but will reevaluate come July. Rather, I hope to be able to increase my expenditure as the driver for fat loss. Mostly by way of my slow progression in training. Although minimal, my arm is making small amounts of improvement each week. If I can sustain it at this rate while accomplishing the aforementioned (in conjunction with the added anabolics) I should see notable improvements in regaining upper body muscle and lowering body fat. Being in exceptional condition is the key to my entering the show and looking respectable (to myself).

Supplement adjustments:
- Vaso6 added at 300mg preworkout and 300mg post workout alongside Peak O2.

- Anabolic Effect arrives today and will be added tomorrow at 6 capsules with my post workout meal.

wfreiling

wfreiling

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Fasted weight: 196.4

I had a high fluctuation of 199.8 lbs come Monday, which was water retention from my sitting around and sipping on fluids all weekend (not training, not sweating). Of course, I maintained my walks, but made sure to touch 7,000 steps.

Tentatively, I have decided on entering the Venice Muscle Beach show in the Men's Physique division. I will be getting blood work on Friday and depending on that I will plan my drug protocol as well as make further plans on proceeding with the show. Overall, PED's will remain conservative but I intend to add in Mast E soon, which I have wanted to do for a while. At 6-8 weeks out I will add Anavar (likely 25mg) leading into the show. GH dose will remain the same while Frag may or may not see an increase down the line.

I have been following 10,000 steps minimum M-F and don't necessarily want to exceed this amount by much as I would like to increase this incrementally by 1,000 steps next month followed by another 1,000 the month after as my cardio. I have no immediate plans on decreasing calories from the roughly 2,200 that I am currently consuming, but will reevaluate come July. Rather, I hope to be able to increase my expenditure as the driver for fat loss. Mostly by way of my slow progression in training. Although minimal, my arm is making small amounts of improvement each week. If I can sustain it at this rate while accomplishing the aforementioned (in conjunction with the added anabolics) I should see notable improvements in regaining upper body muscle and lowering body fat. Being in exceptional condition is the key to my entering the show and looking respectable (to myself).

Supplement adjustments:
- Vaso6 added at 300mg preworkout and 300mg post workout alongside Peak O2.

- Anabolic Effect arrives today and will be added tomorrow at 6 capsules with my post workout meal.
IMG_9456.JPG

This is just due to work. We should switch jobs as I’m not trying to walk this much

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Good Luck Zoo, you got this !

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
ZOO

ZOO

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Or you can step it up a notch and go grab a McGriddle! :)
Haha I'm not sure my stomach could handle anything from McDonald's anymore, but I wouldn't mind doing a bison variant of my own design :D

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
People keep talking about Egg McMuffins here and someone owes me making me a gluten free version. I haven't had a real Egg McMuffin since I developed a gluten allergy in 2011 :ROFLMAO:

ZOO

ZOO

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
People keep talking about Egg McMuffins here and someone owes me making me a gluten free version. I haven't had a real Egg McMuffin since I developed a gluten allergy in 2011 :ROFLMAO:
Come down to SoCal, Steve! I’ll hook you up with that gluten free muffin stuffed with a bison patty, egg, and natty cheese, baby, please.