your favorite MRP?

hamper19

hamper19

The True Warrior is one who conquers oneself
Awards
  • Established
ok , I know I did this on protien shakes...and I am assuming it had been done before on MRP's, but I couldn't find anything.  ANYWAY.

Personally I have never used an MRP shake.  In my 5+ years of lifting (hardcore and..not so hardcore)....I've sworn by protien shakes.  It is really hard for me to get in my 5-6 meals, it used to be much much easier.  My question is

what are your favorites, and why.  I'm looking for more of a nutritional standpoint then for taste....

2nd question, If one uses MRP's ...would there be a maximum meals you would want to "replace" with them?  If I can get 3 whole food meals a day, would 2 or 3 MRP's be too much? 

And before anyone flames me for asking a question that was asked somewhere else....just POST THE DAMN LINK!!!

thanks.

h19

JohnGafnea

Awards
Don't get NutriPlex, it's the cheapest...but it tastes like ****.

hamper19

hamper19

Awards
  • Established
thanks, but i am willing to sacrifice taste for nutrition.  I am going on a cutting routine next week, and I NEED it to go well.  My diet needs to be on, and I knowthe only way is to add a good MRP to my diet. 

with that in mind, anyone reccomend any, soley on nutritional value and its "closeness" to eating a whole food meal?

thanks.

by the way, this is the 4th time im trying to replay damn IE

h19

Biggs

Awards
  • Established
Muscle Milk has worked very well for me, though I would suggest finding the little do it yourself MRP recipe floating around here... basically milk flax pb oats, whey etc can be combined to make your own depending on time of day blah blah. That's really the best choice... commercially I wouldn't go with anything but Lean Mass Matrix or aforementioned MM

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Lean Mass Matrix by Prolab, and Muscle Milk by Cytosport! The best I've ever tasted IMO.. Or, my own blended protein mix:

16 oz. rice milk
1 cup organic oats, crushed
2 tablespoons peanut butter, natural
28g dry skim milk powder
3 separated eggwhites, or 1/4 cup eggwhite in carton
2 scoops whey protein
1 cup organic yogurt, your choice of flavor/brand, but I use StonyField because they use 6 active cultures, and no gas! :)

Blend it all in a cup, drink, feel good about yourself.. :D

hamper19

hamper19

Awards
  • Established
petefox, sounds good. I might try this for an at home MRP.
or something similar anyway.

My plan for my MRP's is that I am going to put the powder in an empty water bottle, and either add milk, or water when I want to eat/drink them. At work, I have no problem getting 1 or 2 whole food meals in, so imma take a look at the powders you guys mentioned.

My ideal diet would be like this

6:30 am real food (im not going to get into the whole meal)

9:30/10:00 MRP

1:00 real food (at work)

4:00/4:30 MRP

5:30 Gym

7:00 Whey protien shake

9:00 nice serving of cottage cheese, with some flax oil

oh and liver tabs whenever im bored

h19

bachovas

bachovas

Awards
5 years of training and you don't have a respectable whole meal post-w?

hamper19

hamper19

Awards
  • Established
Originally posted by bachovas
5 years of training and you don't have a respectable whole meal post-w?

Well if your referring to post workout as being 1-60 minutes after training..the answer is no...

For me the best results come from my whey........

then about an hour or two later, I will eat  real food.

h19

hamper19

hamper19

Awards
  • Established
oh , and I went with prolab lean mass matrix.....MM just has too much fat for my liking.

found the LMM for just under 32 bucks for a 20 pack, cheapest price ive seen so far.

h19

wildman536

wildman536

Awards
  • Established
Bro i dont know how you feel about Met-Rx MRP's But i think they are the best (Quality verses Price)

Biggs

Awards
  • Established
yeah, MetRx is alright IMO, big name of course, haven't read much to suggest they are untrustworthy... haven't looked into their line too much, but I think they have some pretty decent non-MRP protein blends as well.

wildman536

wildman536

Awards
  • Established
I Think its a better Blend than Myoplex has to offer and is the Best Price for what you get so thats what i go with.... (Chocolate Peanut Butter)

institutional

Awards
oh , and I went with prolab lean mass matrix.....MM just has too much fat for my liking.

found the LMM for just under 32 bucks for a 20 pack, cheapest price ive seen so far.

h19
this is the best as far as quality and taste combined. where did you get it for $32? good price, dps is $35.

bachovas

bachovas

Awards
Favorite MRP?

If I want a P/F meal:

- Isomatrix
- Flax seed oil

If I want a P/C meal:

- Isomatrix
- Cooked oatmeal

No need to get too complicated.

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established
i gots to say.....still, myoplex and metrx are my favorites. I prefer thicker shakes and the two gets the job done. Although, i only have one every day or two. Sage

wildman536

wildman536

Awards
  • Established
If im going to use it as a MRP i want it to at least be something a little filling like a Meal.

RippedUp

Awards
Ditto to the thick issue.

If I wanted something watery, I'd just drink water...

wildman536

wildman536

Awards
  • Established
i dont know how good it works buy ive heard that if you buy Xathan Gum and add it to the Shake itll make it thicker/

hamper19

hamper19

Awards
  • Established
you could pretty much make any shake thick, just add less water...

and for the Lean mass matrix i got it at

www.a1nutritionproducts.com

shipping was good also, and i got a free prolab shirt..hehe

belbs75

Awards
Myoplex has the yummiest MRP, its the Orange Jubilee.. That tastes awesome...

aheadlan

Awards
I love the Dorian Yates Pro MR shakes, they are really thick and taste amazing, but the price! I got some on sale at a Musclemag store, but now they are back to the regular price- $75 canadian for 20! Yeah right. I'm going to try the Lean Mass Matrix shakes after reading this thread.

Biggs

Awards
  • Established
If I'm not mistaken, Dorian's MRP's are just as malto filled as the next company... I believe their ingredients are top notch from a quality standpoint and his ProPeptide protein is cool (tastes like ass, but who cares, good product IMO), but from an ingredients standpoint, things like SAN Infusion, Prolab Lean Mass Matrix, and VPX's (Micellean I believe?) seem to the the only real "creams" of the crop MRP wise, at least from everything I've looked at so far.

windwords7

Awards
  • Established
Alright, everyone who has the HUGE avatars, please shrink them down to fit within the alloted space ;)

PoolMan

Awards
Gotta go with the Muscle Milk. I don't care about the fat in it. It's nice to not dread drinking an MRP.

andro69

andro69

Awards
  • Established
My all time fav is Muscle Milk (cookies n cream). But for now, I have a Labrada Lean Body (chocolate peanut butter) in the morning and a Met-Rx (extreme chocolate) in the evening because the Met-Rx is so thick it fills me up to the point where I just don't want to eat any regular food which is good right now since I'm cutting.

wildman536

wildman536

Awards
  • Established
maybe ill make the Pic a little bigger you think?

wildman536

wildman536

Awards
  • Established
ill just get rid of It and find another one.