Your attitude.....

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Lately the attitude I find is somewhat, average at best. Why do I say that? Because a lot of you are still hooked on thinking supplements, PH's and androgrens are some magic pill that will put you over the edge to....something.

Its very simple, even though I have given you a plan doens't mean all of a sudden these things are going to work 10x better. Some of you still don't get the fact that you should be focusing on your diet and training first and learning how to do this right then asking what supplements and hormones you should be using. Many of you are not even into week 2 and are asking me about hormones. This is not how it goes and this is not how you will leanr how to do this the right way. Until you leanr to do this for yourself and learn HOW your body reacts to a REAL diet, keep the hormones for later.

You want to know why the PH and Anabolic sections are so popular? ITs because its full of people looking for shortcuts that are NOT there. Until they learn things the hard way they will be walking pharmacies still getting mediocre results. Don't be one of them. Learsn your basics. THat is why you are here and THAT is what you should learn.

NPursuit

Awards
  • Established
Guys listen to Bobo. He is right. Forget the supps and drugs for now. I saw more results with Bobo's diet and training than I did the previous 6 months, and I already had a good diet and training routine.

DieTrying

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I've given up on ALL supplements for good...I really want to learn how to make this work with nothing but food, training, and rest. You guys should have seen how many different supps I threw in the garbage a few weeks ago.

However, the SUPER supps- I still have them for many years down the road....

SUPERMAN0383

Awards
I know for sure he is talking about me..after relying on supps so long it's hard to change your mindset.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
It is, but its good to have someone kick in you in the butt and tell you to stop :D

SUPERMAN0383

Awards
It is, but its good to have someone kick in you in the butt and tell you to stop :D
Glad you don't live close to me. But you could do worse and add more cottage cheese in my diet :frustrate

Jason161

Awards
I know for sure he is talking about me..after relying on supps so long it's hard to change your mindset.
Me too, ive never cut so I have all these goodies to bulk and im trying to get rid of them. But I think its time to just forget everything, I told him I needed to focus on diet mostley, and then I went and said to myself. Well if im dieting, what can I do to add to the results, instead of just learning it the right way first. The more I think about it I almost feel guilty when asking bobo about a supplement, like hes gonna just smack me and take all my stuff away :)

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I will have to confiscate those please :D

DieTrying

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Bobo-Today I ate a piece of chocolate cake but I took an R-ALA and 25 mgs of ephedra with the cake so they should cancel each other out.

j/k :rofl:

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Doesn't anyone get the fact the ALA would actually make that worse?

:D

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
Bobo-Today I ate a piece of chocolate cake but I took an R-ALA and 25 mgs of ephedra with the cake so they should cancel each other out.

j/k :rofl:

i used to think ala helped that situation too ;)...

and im definitely the guilty one of this thread lol.. hmm yeah im week 2.. hmm yeah im thinking bout hormones lol.. im just used to being bigger than i am and im not happy with my size right now so yeah shortcuts are nice..but im loving the plan so far.

littlemark

Awards
Actually Lake, Its time for my mea culpa as well. I'm a little further along the program than you and am actually seeing what I believe to be extremely positive results. I too am somewhat feeling the blues and have inquired about certain goodies I have on hand. As usual Bobo is right in this one.
Its easy for me to fall into the trap of wanting to accelerate everything in life.

Being raised in a NOW society its sometimes tough. Applied more broadly I sense a wide life lesson in all of this ... :)

SUPERMAN0383

Awards
Doesn't anyone get the fact the ALA would actually make that worse?

:D
I have never understood what ALA does and DS new product glucophase XR or whatever..yea I have no clue as to what that would do.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
ALA mimics insulin. Type II Diabetics sometimes use this to help shuttle nutrients into cells because they have a medical condition that warrants it. What people do not realize is that insulin, along with insulin mimickers, are not selective at all in where they deliver nutrients. So if you eat a lot of calories and take ALA if will doing virtually the same thing insulin woudl do, shuttle nutrients into cells (muscle AND fat).

Now if you want to get more technical, insulin shuttles nutrients by increasing GLUT4 permeability within cells. This allows nutrients to pass freely in and out but what people do not understand is that insulin, JUST LIKE ALA, increase GLUT$ permerabikity in fat cells as well.

So to break it all down very simply, if you use ALA you are basically creating the condition that mimics high levels of insulin and I tihnk everyone knows what happens there.

SUPERMAN0383

Awards
ALA mimics insulin. Type II Diabetics sometimes use this to help shuttle nutrients into cells because they have a medical condition that warrants it. What people do not realize is that insulin, along with insulin mimickers, are not selective at all in where they deliver nutrients. So if you eat a lot of calories and take ALA if will doing virtually the same thing insulin woudl do, shuttle nutrients into cells (muscle AND fat).

Now if you want to get more technical, insulin shuttles nutrients by increasing GLUT4 permeability within cells. This allows nutrients to pass freely in and out but what people do not understand is that insulin, JUST LIKE ALA, increase GLUT$ permerabikity in fat cells as well.

So to break it all down very simply, if you use ALA you are basically creating the condition that mimics high levels of insulin and I tihnk everyone knows what happens there.
So, why in the world do people take this? I read posts with people gobbling this stuff down for cutting cycles. I could see a use if you were Insulin resistant or something..maybe it has a bulking use. I don't know..but I'm not taking it. Thanks for the explanantion, though.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Why do people take Cell Tech? Methoxy?

They think glucose dispersal is such a good thing. There explanation is that if ALA help disperse glucose then there is less insulin which means less fat or increase fat loss. But the fact is that ALA is acting AS insulin so you get the same storage effects.

It called misinformation.

If you look at the studies, R-LA shown no effect on normal insulin resistant patients (that is you).

Poobah

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Lately the attitude I find is somewhat, average at best. Why do I say that? Because a lot of you are still hooked on thinking supplements, PH's and androgrens are some magic pill that will put you over the edge to....something.

Its very simple, even though I have given you a plan doens't mean all of a sudden these things are going to work 10x better. Some of you still don't get the fact that you should be focusing on your diet and training first and learning how to do this right then asking what supplements and hormones you should be using. Many of you are not even into week 2 and are asking me about hormones. This is not how it goes and this is not how you will leanr how to do this the right way. Until you leanr to do this for yourself and learn HOW your body reacts to a REAL diet, keep the hormones for later.

You want to know why the PH and Anabolic sections are so popular? ITs because its full of people looking for shortcuts that are NOT there. Until they learn things the hard way they will be walking pharmacies still getting mediocre results. Don't be one of them. Learsn your basics. THat is why you are here and THAT is what you should learn.
I thought this deserved a bump...

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I will admit that was me in my cutting plan when i first started.. THat is why i vow'd to do my current bulker with just good ole food, whey, flax oil and my vitamins.. I want to see how far i can go with nothing but that. It is hard when you want instant gradification, but i am going to stay the course and do this..

Poobah

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I will admit that was me in my cutting plan when i first started.. THat is why i vow'd to do my current bulker with just good ole food, whey, flax oil and my vitamins.. I want to see how far i can go with nothing but that. It is hard when you want instant gradification, but i am going to stay the course and do this..
Yeep.. me too. I'm in such a rush. I just want it all to fast. not that I had a terrible diet etc... but obviously I have alot more to learn, and alot of weight to loose.. and muscle to build before I go off half cocked on Test and tren..

Although I admit, it's going to be damn hard not to want the gear once I'm truly ready to bulk again... but who knows, perhaps bobo can squeeze some wisdom into my oversized melon. Stranger things have happened. :)

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Yeep.. me too. I'm in such a rush. I just want it all to fast. not that I had a terrible diet etc... but obviously I have alot more to learn, and alot of weight to loose.. and muscle to build before I go off half cocked on Test and tren..

Although I admit, it's going to be damn hard not to want the gear once I'm truly ready to bulk again... but who knows, perhaps bobo can squeeze some wisdom into my oversized melon. Stranger things have happened. :)
Yea i am going through it now honestly. I am doing a bulker with a great diet, and the feeling of turning to gear is strong at times since i know i would blow up.. I am going to so it the propper way, and one day when i have some more foundation i will turn to AAS again.. I want to try and get over 205-210 on nothing but diet, and hard work then mabey down the line i can add a few super supps in, but no time soon.

RaulJimenez

Awards
  • Established
Just wanted to bump this, It was nice to read bobo preaching against ALA. I have a lot of physiology and anatomy books stating exactly what bobo just said, it mimicks insulin and it goes to receptor GLUT4 ... what the supplement company tells you is that it improves insulin sensitivity... but of course they would never tell you it also increases GLUT4 sensitivity in fat cells.
Nice to read in here good scientific fact behind all this.

gten79

Awards
Is this true for CLA as well???? I have plenty of CLA, but my question is when would be the best time to utilize it?

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Its different. The ALA they are referring to is the insulin mimicker, not the fat (Alpha-linolenic acid).

CLA is just conjugated linoleic acid and can be used from 4-8g/day total spread out evenly with meals.