Unanswered Yoga

Dthcore

Dthcore

Awards
  • Established
I have a few injuries in my body. Some I should have healed from by now. Most of them are just consisten minor tears due to tension/body not being aligned.

Just started seeing a PT. Been thinking about only doing the weight training they suggest on certain muscle groups and dropping everything else to focus on mobility. I have an extreme lack of it and I believe it could aid into recovery and prolonged ability to lift.

I didn’t stretch for over 5 years once. With intense lifting, eventually got shoulder and back injuries. Have been getting worked on for another 5 and can kind of lift sometimes now.

I feel like this is what I am missing. Yoga seems like a good direction. Any suggestions or similar experiences?

Outofbody

Outofbody

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
From my experience with recovery and rehab, yoga is not the best, as it only deals with mobility/flexibility and creates hyper flacidity. As an athlete, there is no need to be hyper-mobile, this is counter-productive. What you want to do is a program that incorporates mobility & stability, with stability being one of the most important factors at preventing injury/reinjury.

I recommend checking out MoveU, they're amazing, and can really help guide you to fixing your issues.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I don't do it a ton, but I like Yoga. When I have done it, it has helped make me more pain free than I ever imagined. It was something I resisted a lot and then when I did it, I felt it was extremely useful. Even just doing it for 30 minutes in the morning or whatever.

One thing to know is, I lift pretty heavy (for me) and have for a long time - without any serious injuries. If you are lifting and getting injuries, my opinion is that MOMENTUM is usually your biggest enemy and form is something all of us can improve on.