Xtreme Supplement Plan for serious gains!

Dan2007

Awards
Hey, Attached is my new supplement plan and workout, i have been running this for about a week now, let me know what you think about the timing and such... any input is extremely appreciated!

Height: 5'11''
Seriously lifting for about 6 months
Weight: 180 (six months ago i weighed 140!!!!) i have attached a before and after pic too

Sups:
Whey Protein
Casein Protein
Glutamine
Arginine
Aminos
Vitamin E
Vitamin C
Multi vitamin/mineral
Flax Seed Oil
Fish Oil
L-Carnatine
ZMA
Creatine Ethyl Esther
NO-Explode
Tribulus Terrestris
Alpha Lipoic Acid

My workout: (4 day split)

Chest/Tri
Incline BB Bench 3x10
Flat DB Bench 3x10
Weighted Dips 3x10
Rope Tricep Pushdowns 3x10
Skull Crushers 3x10
Seated DB Tricep Press 3x10

Back/Bi
Widegrip Pullup 3x10
Deadlift 3x10
Seated Row 3x10
Bentover BB Row 3x10
Standing BB Curl 3x10
Hammer Curl 3x10
DB Bicep Curl 3x10

Shoulder/Trap
Arnold DB Press 3x10
Smith Military Press 3x10
Front DB Raises 3x10
Upright BB Row 3x10
DB Shrug 3x10
Back BB Shrug 3x10

Legs
Squat 3x10
Leg Extensions 3x10
Leg Curls 3x10
Leg Press 3x10

Attachments

cable626

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
wutsup bro, welcome to AM.
Seems like you're consuming WAY too much protein powder.
160 grams per day of powdered protein is a waste, IMO.

motiv8er

motiv8er

Awards
  • Established
To follow up on cables' advice, I'd work whole foods into your diet more. It sounds like you've madesome great gains, but supps should be just that, supplementry.

Good work though my friend.

wideguy

wideguy

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I somewhat agree on the protein powder issue. However IMO as I got larger it became more of vital source than whole foods, simply because trying to get 400 grams of protein a day with regular foods would be very difficult/expensive. Still if you only weigh 180 and 160 grams of your protein for the day is coming from protein powder, you need to put you diet in check. BTW, nice to have you hear and great to hear you're doing so well.

Grassroots082

Grassroots082

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
At least your not getting all your protein from whey. Casein is a great protein, but I would opt for a few more whole foods. Either way congrats on the progress. To help out on your budget, I would drop the Glutamine and Arginine and get some free form BCAA's or better yet EAA's and Citrulline Malate and spread that throughout the day. Makes recovery a snap.

Dan2007

Awards
Thanks a lot for the feedback. How many grams of protein would you suggest i consume a day as a 180 lb male? How much from food vs. powder?

nick500

Awards
i would suggest u get around 250grams of protein, 100 grams from powders, the rest from whole sources.

Nick

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
I was eating >250 grams of protein a day on Bobo's plan.
I can second that it's really difficult to get all of your protein from whole food sources at that level. (At least it was for me.)

Don't worry about a few protein shakes per day bro.

cable626

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Thanks a lot for the feedback. How many grams of protein would you suggest i consume a day as a 180 lb male? How much from food vs. powder?
I made this up in Excel, its a BMR calculator, calorie calculator, and macronutrient breakdown.
Its how I begin to set up my diets.

Click to download .xls file:
http://www.geocities.com/jkdriver626/bmrcalculator.xls

Just input your own info in the red cells.

Last edited:
fbxdan

fbxdan

Awards
  • Established
At least your not getting all your protein from whey. Casein is a great protein, but I would opt for a few more whole foods. Either way congrats on the progress. To help out on your budget, I would drop the Glutamine and Arginine and get some free form BCAA's or better yet EAA's and Citrulline Malate and spread that throughout the day. Makes recovery a snap.
Bump on the bcaa's. i'd throw out the trib also, and just buy more bcaa's.

Also, I think it's ok to drink a few shakes a day. If your on a busy schedule, sometimes you dont have time to be eating chicken breasts all the time. It's not ideal, but it works. One thing my buddy would do, was he'd always have cartons of egg whites with him, and if he needed a protein fix he'd drink one of those little milk carton like jugs on the spot. I think at one time he was drinking 2-3 of these a day. Each one had like 50 grams of protein and 250 cals. It worked for him pretty nicely.

wideguy

wideguy

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Dan that sounds barfy@! LOL BUT if it works it works right.

A less vomitous suggestion would be a nice bag on nuts (walnuts) calorie dense and decent amount of protein.

BTW try eating 400 + grams a day. CHA-CHING.

fbxdan

fbxdan

Awards
  • Established
It actually doesn't taste too bad. I was doing it for awhile, but then I started to get gas from all those egg whites, so I ceased. Now I take the extra few seconds to microwave them, lol.

You have to admit it makes you look pretty manimal drinking egg whites out of a carton though. Can you picture it now? Your sitting on a bench, veins popping out of your chest, arms pumped... Some small children walk by and are staring at you. You grab your egg whites, chug them, and scream "100% PROTEIN!", as the pasteurized egg white drizzles down your face. You have a crazy look in your eyes, and there are scattered egg white cartons all around you. The kids run away in fear and are forever scarred at the sight of you.

200wannabe

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
You have to admit it makes you look pretty manimal drinking egg whites out of a carton though. Can you picture it now? Your sitting on a bench, veins popping out of your chest, arms pumped... Some small children walk by and are staring at you. You grab your egg whites, chug them, and scream "100% PROTEIN!", as the pasteurized egg white drizzles down your face. You have a crazy look in your eyes, and there are scattered egg white cartons all around you. The kids run away in fear and are forever scarred at the sight of you.
:rofl:

wideguy

wideguy

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Hahahahahaha, you're a fuckin wackadoo! I like you man. RAAAAHHHH 100% PROTEIN! GET-A-WAY FROM OPRAH!!!!!

wideguy

wideguy

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Sorry I keep watching that episode of Chapelle Show, I got the box set DVD for Xmas.