Wobmarvels let's go natural for a while (almost) and see what happens log.

Wobmarvel

Wobmarvel

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
So there was a job offer, but it was pants. Redundancy it is then. It's a decent payout, almost ten months pay. So gives me a bit of time to recharge and re enter the job market all guns blazing. Last time I had to do that was in the year 2000.

Wobmarvel

Wobmarvel

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Not gonna lie, if I'm out of work for a few months I'm tempted to run a cycle of some kind since I will have more free time and energy for training. We will see.

Wobmarvel

Wobmarvel

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Lunch today, honey and lemon chicken with rice mushrooms and peppers.
IMG_20190418_130752.jpeg

Wobmarvel

Wobmarvel

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Interesting video. Golden era bodybuilders didn't use a test base, adding test will dilute the effects of a more anabolic compound. Conversion to estrogen has its own benefits though.

Wobmarvel

Wobmarvel

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I think after my last day on this job next week my lack of walking my make a slight difference to my body composition.
Screenshot_20190422_184947_com.huawei.health.jpeg

Wobmarvel

Wobmarvel

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
So it's my last day running the store today. (Whilst open anyway, I don't officially finish until the 30th). Listening to the store tablet playing random tunes... This has to be my album cover of the day
R-5786051-1402931327-4715.jpeg.jpeg

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
So it's my last day running the store today. (Whilst open anyway, I don't officially finish until the 30th). Listening to the store tablet playing random tunes... This has to be my album cover of the day View attachment 182122
Well, try to look at it as an opportunity like you said. Decent amount of pay, some down time to refresh and look for something new or better. And like you said more time to put energy elsewhere, whether it's fitness or something else. Good luck my friend!

Wobmarvel

Wobmarvel

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
So my workouts have stopped just now. Work is pretty crazy loading up all the stock to send to another store. 120 boxes so far, carrying them up and down stairs hence the crazy amount of steps per day I'm doing. Shattered mentally and physically by the time I get home. Diet is still doing okay, I haven't dropped into any kind of depression binge or anything. May see if I can do some arms tonight just to see if it sparks my interest.

Wobmarvel

Wobmarvel

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
There is an assistant managers position at a sports retail store in my city called DWfitness. It's basically a store that sells sports equipment that is attached to a full gym with pool. Not sure what the salary is yet but I would get a free gym membership

Wobmarvel

Wobmarvel

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
So here I am on my first proper day without a job. Feels weird if I'm honest.

Currently not natural so have changed the title of my thread. Don't want to go into what I'm doing just now, I'm kinda all over the place and don't want people genuinely interested in results to be disappointed if I don't commit fully. I will say it's something small (no injections). If I like how it's going I will elaborate more.

Worked chest today, going more for volume and pump just now.

Bench press

Bar only X 20
35kg X 15
45kg X 15
55kg X 15
65kg X 15
70kg X 10
75kg X 6 then drop set back down to 35kg for a total of 45 reps last set

Dumbell flies 12.5kg X 20,20,20

Bodyweight dips X 10,10,10

Arm felt good, pain still there but seems to be healing.

Will post diet later.... Should possibly go and work on my CV now.

Wobmarvel

Wobmarvel

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Delivery, that's sleep taken care of for a couple of months.
IMG_20190502_123445.jpeg

Wobmarvel

Wobmarvel

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Today was back

Wide grip bodyweight pullups, slow tempo with dead hang every rep.

Narrow grip bodyweight chin ups

Over hand shoulder width barbell rows

35kg X 12
55kg X 8,8,8

Close grip tricep bar rows

30kg X 20,20,20

Last edited:
Wobmarvel

Wobmarvel

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
So with extreme Dom's in chest from two days ago and slight Dom's in back from yesterday I'm taking today off.

Wobmarvel

Wobmarvel

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Dom's in my lats crazy today. Anyway diet just now is very similar to what it has been just with a bit of a mix up.

Breakfast 4 egg omelette with ham, mushrooms and cheese.

Mid morning handful of almonds.

Lunch smoked mackerel plus rice cakes and natural peanut butter.

Mid afternoon protein shake with mutant isosurge, banana, almond milk, oats plus an Apple.

Dinner skinless chicken thigh stir fried (using one cal cooking spray) with peppers, mushrooms, rice plus a little honey.

Post workout is still Greek yogurt with isosurge plus raisins.

A couple of this pics are repeats for illustrative purposes.
IMG_20190504_093142.jpeg
1554464518355.jpeg
IMG_20190327_095346.jpeg
IMG_20190307_085311.jpeg
IMG_20190504_093121.jpeg
IMG_20190317_190343.jpeg

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
No "like" as its missing

Wobmarvel

Wobmarvel

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Anything on the job situation?
Not yet. Taking a bit of time off to rest my brain... And making up excuses to stall like, I need to update my CV, oh wait I can't because my pc isn't set up, I need a new desk for that, better rearrange the living room to make space, etc.

It's all good though, I have time. I'm looking at job sites on my phone and there are at least 10 or so retail management jobs in Aberdeen that I could apply for so I will get my ass in gear over the next few weeks.

My redundancy pay is enough to get by on for about 10 months and that doesn't hit my bank account until the end of may so weighing up options just now.

Wobmarvel

Wobmarvel

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Also enjoying more quality time with my kids, doing the school runs, playing football (soccer) with my eldest before the school bell. Trips to the local park after school etc.

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I think you should make maximums use of this time then.. I mean, time to reset is great and you’re not financially stressed.

Wobmarvel

Wobmarvel

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I think you should make maximums use of this time then.. I mean, time to reset is great and you’re not financially stressed.
Totally, not gonna take the piss, if I haven't applied for anything in a month's time then my wife has my permission to kick me in the balls.

But I'm looking forward to some time with the family. Spending time getting stuff done in the garden and around the house. Plus being able to work out 5 days per week and get more rest.

Wobmarvel

Wobmarvel

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
So had a crack at legs today.

Barbell squats

The bar X 20
35kg X 20
45kg X 12
55kg X 10
65kg X 8
75kg X 5

Now I get this isn't even a warm up for some but that's a personal best for me. Heaviest squat I ever did was 70kg and that was 10 years ago before I had suffered a hernia. So pretty pleased. Every set had a couple more reps in the tank but I can aim to increase reps as time goes on.

Dead lifts

65kg X 12
75kg X 12
80kg X 12

Stuff legged deadlifts.

45kg X 20, 20, 20

Wobmarvel

Wobmarvel

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Did some arms today. Nothing to brag about. Developed a bad headache about 15 mins into the workout so ended up cutting it short. I think I overdid the caffeine today, I had already had two coffees and a serving of viperx (200mg caffeine) by that point and decided to use a scoop of Mr Hyde preworkout...

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Keep posting, we are still following. You may feel lonely with out "likes".

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Sorry if I missed. Have you started with some “super supps”?

Wobmarvel

Wobmarvel

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Quick shoulder workout today.

Dumbell side laterals

7.5kg X 20,
10kg X 15,
12.5kg X 12,
15kg X 10,8,6

Overhead dumbell press
15kg X 12
17.5kg X 10
22.5kg X 6,6,6

Was gonna do rears but plan on doing back tomorrow so will incorporate. Plus have to pick my youngest up from nursery.

Wobmarvel

Wobmarvel

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Operation "wtf food combos" continues. Lunch today, lettuce, cucumber, pickled onions, mackerel, mussels plus rice cakes with natural peanut butter.

The weird thing is I actually crave this stuff nowadays... I think I maybe pregnant.
IMG_20190508_123405.jpeg

Wobmarvel

Wobmarvel

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Sh1t looking back through my log it's chest tomorrow, oh well rear delts will get done after that.

Wobmarvel

Wobmarvel

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Well pleased with my chest workout today.

Barbell bench press
Bar only X 20
35kg x 20
45kg x 20
55kg X 15
65kg X 12
75kg X 7
80kg X 6

No drop set today

Dumbell flies, slight incline

12.5kg dumbells X 20
17.5kg X 12
22.5kg X 12, 8, 6

Bodyweight dips X 10, 6

Triceps failed on these but in fairness I did arms two days ago plus shoulders yesterday including overhead press so went into this workout with doms in my tris anyway.

Still pleased with the lifts, benching more than I'm squating.

Last edited:
Wobmarvel

Wobmarvel

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Less stims today, made a big difference. Today I had my viperx plus yohimbine hcl at 8am, omelette breakfast with a coffee at 9:15, took some glycolog then had a bowl of rice crispies at 9:45, worked out at 10:15. Didn't take any pre, pump or otherwise. Sipped on mutant bcaas throughout.

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Less stims today, made a big difference. Today I had my viperx plus yohimbine hcl at 8am, omelette breakfast with a coffee at 9:15, took some glycolog then had a bowl of rice crispies at 9:45, worked out at 10:15. Didn't take any pre, pump or otherwise. Sipped on mutant bcaas throughout.
Less stim always makes a difference to me in the gym. After a long break, I have started with 200mg Caffeine and 2.5mg Y HCL. Felt very dizzy during my leg workout today.

Wobmarvel

Wobmarvel

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Day off today, my body is like "f*CK OFF!!" So I'm gonna listen to it.

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Nice, interested to hear what's going on in here... sometimes you just need something to provide that new motivation. Go get it Wob!

Wobmarvel

Wobmarvel

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Nice, interested to hear what's going on in here... sometimes you just need something to provide that new motivation. Go get it Wob!
No lack of motivation here, simply feeling like I need a rest. I need to get back on it tomorrow though, which will be back, then next day legs. I always train them, get severe Dom's for the best part of a week, make an excuse to skip the next leg day and it ends up almost two weeks between leg days. Basically doesn't give my body the stimulus it needs for them to grow.

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
No lack of motivation here, simply feeling like I need a rest. I need to get back on it tomorrow though, which will be back, then next day legs. I always train them, get severe Dom's for the best part of a week, make an excuse to skip the next leg day and it ends up almost two weeks between leg days. Basically doesn't give my body the stimulus it needs for them to grow.
DOMS probably because your rep, rest periods, sets or even exercises are changing every week. But, yeah.. DOMS for more than couple days can be detrimental..

Wobmarvel

Wobmarvel

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
So here is a weird tip, currently using yohimbine hcl as part of my "wake me up in the morning" stack. It's always been my understanding that eating carbs before or around the same time negates the effects of yohimbine so I've discovered that if I take my GDA along with the yohimbine it enhances the effects and I can get away with less of a dosage and still feel it. Weather or not it's actually making it more or less effective is by the by, or possibly I'm doing dangerous things to my blood sugar levels and blood pressure.

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
So here is a weird tip, currently using yohimbine hcl as part of my "wake me up in the morning" stack. It's always been my understanding that eating carbs before or around the same time negates the effects of yohimbine so I've discovered that if I take my GDA along with the yohimbine it enhances the effects and I can get away with less of a dosage and still feel it. Weather or not it's actually making it more or less effective is by the by, or possibly I'm doing dangerous things to my blood sugar levels and blood pressure.
That’s something I should look into as well. Thanks for the tip. Since I started training fasted, I kinda like it. But, I am sure pumps will be way better with some carbs..

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I always thought GDA's should be taken with a carb-rich meal. You mean, taking the GDA + carbs = yohimbine-hcl more effective than taking alone / or with carbs?

Last edited:
Wobmarvel

Wobmarvel

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I always thought GDA's should be taken with a carb-rich meal. You mean, taking the GDA + carbs = yohimbine-hcl more effective then taking alone / or with carbs?
Well I usually take my GDA about 20 mins before cereal or other preworkout carbs. I normally take my fatburner plus yohimbine on an empty stomach in the morning. Today is my cheat day so I figured I would be eating some "naughty" stuff today so took my GDA with my fat burner and yohimbine then started eating stuff (with carbs) about 30 minutes later and noticed an increase effect of the yohimbine (increased heart rate, cold sweat feeling).

So I recon if people like training fasted maybe with steady state cardio they could take the fatburner, yohimbine (at a lower dose than normal, I use between 10 and 15mg), and the GDA, do their workout, have a sugary drink on hand in case you start getting dizzy and light headed then if the workout is around an hour follow up with a more carb heavy postworkout meal and I recon your body will be ready to lap it up.

If I was still walking to work for example I would have taken all three, then worked up a sweat on the walk and had my protein shake with oats plus possibly an Apple and banana once I got to work to see how this affected me.

Last edited:
hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well I usually take my GDA about 30 mins before cereal or something preworkout. I normally take my fatburner plus yohimbine on an empty stomach in the morning. Today is my cheat day so I figured I would be eating some "naughty" stuff today so took my GDA with my fat burner and yohimbine then started eating stuff (with carbs) about 30 minutes later and noticed an increase effect of the yohimbine (increased heart rate, cold sweat feeling).

So I recon if people like training fasted maybe with steady state cardio they could take the fatburner, yohimbine (at a lower dose than normal, I use between 10 and 15mg), do their workout, have a sugary drink on hand in case you start getting dizzy and light headed then if the workout is around an hour follow up with a more carb heavy postworkout meal and I recon your body will be ready to lap it up.

If I was still walking to work for example I would have taken all three, then worked up a sweat on the walk and had my protein shake with oats plus possibly an Apple and banana once I got to work to see how this affected me.
Interesting. That means, if you want an enhanced effect from yohimbine, you have to have cheat meals more often. :)

Wobmarvel

Wobmarvel

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Slightly edited the posts but gist is the same. And yeah I guess you could use it as an excuse to cheat although my example above was oats and fruit... Which I guess is cheating if your on keto.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Slightly edited the posts but gist is the same. And yeah I guess you could use it as an excuse to cheat although my example above was oats and fruit... Which I guess is cheating if your on keto.
Was only teasing, bro. :) With no like button I have to come up with something, often its mischievous.

Wobmarvel

Wobmarvel

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Today was back again, didn't throw in anything extra for rear delts but my rows are done 45 degrees to the floor so I recon they are getting worked plus made decent improvements over my last numbers so I'm happy.

Wide grip bodyweight pullups, slow tempo with dead hang every rep.

Narrow grip bodyweight chin ups

Over hand shoulder width barbell rows

35kg X 12
55kg X 12,12,12

Close grip tricep bar rows

40kg X 20,20,20

Wobmarvel

Wobmarvel

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Leg day... My favourite (not actually) having said that I love how I feel when I know I have done it.

Barbell squats

The bar X 20
35kg X 20
45kg X 12
55kg X 10
65kg X 10
75kg X 10

Happy with this. Think I will keep the rep max on working sets to 10 and increase the last three lifts by 2.5 kilos next workout.

Dead lifts

80kg X 12, 12, 12

Stiff legged deadlifts.

55kg X 12, 12, 12

Wobmarvel

Wobmarvel

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Incidentally post workout I didn't have time for my yogurt etc. So I had two scoops of mutant chocolate cheesecake isosurge in about 600ml water and it tasted amazing, creamy texture and everything. Also had a handful of raisins.

Wobmarvel

Wobmarvel

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Arms today, no headache this week so better workout.

Lying ez bar triceps extensions on incline bench with underhand grip. Lower bar well behind head and raise until arms straight but still 45 degrees to the floor.

20kg X 20
30kg X 12,12,12

Dumbell overhead triceps extension seated with single dumbell. (Both arms)

22.5kg X 20
27.5kg X 12,12,12

Ez bar standing biceps curls

30kg X 20
40kg X 12,12,12

Dumbell curls on inclined bench, arms behind body.

7.5kg X 20,20,20 went for slow tempo and full stretch here but should have gone heavier.