with all the negativity and evil in this world.... there is still good out there.

Mrs. Gimpy!

Mrs. Gimpy!

Awards
  • Established
so... a couple months ago i lost my engagement ring at school. its a 0.75 solitaire round diamond engagement ring that is worth $4,000. I had taken off all of my gloves and coats and then went to drop the rings into my scrub pocket (because im not allowed to wear rings underneath my exam gloves when working) and i had accidentally dropped my engagement ring on the ground and didnt find out until later that i was missing it.

so i came to school and asked everyone if they had found my ring (not expecting to find it). none of my classmates or teachers found it. my school is small, there are only 6 faculty and 13 students (7 students had dropped out). then the front desk lady found my ring in the lost and found box (that had ancient cell phones, sweaters, lip gloss, etc...). so apparently someone had found my ring and it wasnt anyone that i knew.... hm...

yesterday i ran into the janitor for the first time in my life. he scared me at first because my school is locateded in the ghetto and this 6 ft. 8. inch black guy in a wife beater tank comes out of this ghetto gangster looking car during NON patient hours. scary because my school has been broken into before by drug addicts looking for drugs.....

he came inside the building and put on a janitor shirt and was emptying out trash. i came up to him and asked if he had found a ring recently and he said that he had a while ago and that it was a "real cute little thing with one diamond" on it. i told him that it was my engagment ring that he had found. he was the nicest guy.

its nice because he was very discreet about the whole deal, wasnt looking for anything in return and didnt see it as a big deal. he viewed it as doing his job and he always believed in returning whatever he found in the clinic to the lost in found.

im going to get him a thank you gift today :)

Bionic

Bionic

Awards
  • Established
The old addage is as true today as it ever was, "Don't judge a book by his big black cover." Glad you found your ring.

Jumper

Jumper

Awards
I must be sort of worn out right now or something, but your story kinda choked me up. I'm not even kidding. Right on righteous dude!!! Makes me feel really good now!!!!!!!

CRUNCH

CRUNCH

Awards
  • Established
That's cool Mrs Gimpy. I do like to believe that most people have good hearts. It's just that we only hear about the bad people (media). Maybe more stories on the news about good/kind people would get me to watch it again.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Good deeds where people are actually doing for nothing in return is a rare thing and should choke you up. Something like that means the world to Mrs. Gimpy and it's nice when other people care about things like that.

CNizz

CNizz

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
thats so awesome, very happy to hear that MrsG, I bet he felt just as happy to have found it for you!

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Glad you got your ring back!! So rare today...

BryanM

Awards
  • Established
So what did you end up getting him as a thank you gift?

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
That's awesome. Very thoughtful of you to get him a thank you gift, most people would not be grateful enough to do that. Kwyck owes that guy one.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
I hope to God the "gift" wasn't nooodz of Kwyck. :stick:

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
hmmmm yea that would have sucked loosing your ring....:aargh: :aargh: :aargh:

warnerve

Awards
  • Established
That's cool Mrs Gimpy. I do like to believe that most people have good hearts. It's just that we only hear about the bad people (media). Maybe more stories on the news about good/kind people would get me to watch it again.
so true. great to hear you found it