Wife trying to trim up mid-section

hardtoget

Awards
  • Established
Would like to hear from other females who have had children and were able to get rid of some mid-section 'flab' postpartum. My wife has really trimmed up after having our child and works out 5-days a week at a boot camp fitness center. She is 19%bf, 118lb, 5'1" and isn't super strict with her diet but we have been eating higher protein, low to moderate carb intake. Ass, legs, arms, shoulders, back are getting very toned but midsection still hangs slightly (wife had a C-section back in June of last year). I've read about Diastasis Recti after having a baby and she might have some stretching so would like to understand if its diet, breathing techniques, certain abdominal exercises can help her with getting some last tightening in her midsection. I'm really proud of my wife for hitting the gym hard for the past 4 months, she really has progressed in the gym and her overall mental and physical wellness has improved. I had her try Vasoburn but she had side effects so stopped after a first application. She, like me is pretty sensitive to stim products.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
You can't target fat in a specific area, you have to loose overall bodyfat. The way she's going to loose it is the same way you or me would, diet and exercise. And it can be done. There's plenty of women who've competed in women's fitness and bikini after having children

match

match

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
You can't target fat in a specific area, you have to loose overall bodyfat. The way she's going to loose it is the same way you or me would, diet and exercise. And it can be done. There's plenty of women who've competed in women's fitness and bikini after having children
Diet and exercise will make it happen. Supplements will only add to these but they're not going to do the leg work.

Eat right, track food, and never skip leg day!