Wife Has COVID-19

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I have been taking 1,200 mg NAC (just ran out), 1,000 mg optimized Quercetin, 10,000 IU vitamin D, and at least 15,000 mg vitamin C per day as my major players to keep myself healthy. I was also recently reading that Luteolin has showed promise in inhibiting viral cell entry.
Is that 15g vitamin C all capsules or powder too?

Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Thankfully it's been easy to clear out of my lungs when I've had anything in there. I do have NAC, but haven't used it. Been nervous about adding new things since I get side effects from everything. Good call on the melatonin. I'll be doing a at home covid test tonight, and depending on that probably go to urgent care tomorrow morning.
ok be safe. if it's covid, won't this be your second time having it?

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
ok be safe. if it's covid, won't this be your second time having it?
Nah, first time. To be fair, I'm not sure what I had in 2020 when my daughter had the flu, but she did test positive for flu so that's why I guess that's what this is. My wife had it and that's why I started this thread, and I had something that only lasted 1 day that was close to what everyone describes of covid, but it went away. It may be wishful thinking, but this does feel like that flu I had back then.

And thanks!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Yeah, I am full time days now, but I did like 6 years of night shift before that. I actually handled it quite well though. Being on call only applies to night shift coverage, so if there is a need then I have no choice but to go in. Throwing in the random night shift takes a big toll on me now though!

The holes in day shift coverage are handled by people volunteering to pick them up and we get $375 extra for picking up these shifts. I have only done one or two of those as I value my sanity and quality of life (what’s left of it) over a bigger pay check. They claim the extra incentive for these shifts will be going away. What they fail to recognize is that people will no longer pick up these shifts.

We all believe things will get worse through the holiday season and then maybe taper off a bit in February. 🤷‍♂️
of course things are going to get worse, much, much worse--the guy in charge belongs in a assisted living community...

and i am being nice-alzheimers/dementia is no joke, but biden should not be in the position of leader of the free world--in my very HONEST opinion.

Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
of course things are going to get worse, much, much worse--the guy in charge belongs in a assisted living community...

and i am being nice-alzheimers/dementia is no joke, but biden should not be in the position of leader of the free world--in my very HONEST opinion.
Biden should be doin noopept

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I'm obsessed with liver restore by AA. injectable glutathione. hangovers pretty much don't exist anymore for me
i just started sustain alpha and neuro AET....trans resveratrol and androstenetriol-b-AET are fantastic for immune stsytem.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
i think it's totally STUPID to cancel international flights and issue do not travel warnings when there is another huge migrant CARAVAN heading towards the US and biden has no measures in place to stop it.

close the freaking border... and i mean close it, use the national guard like trump did, geez!!!

should have finished that freaking wall!!!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
hey, i just noticed that omicron is a anagram for moronic.....geez, i wonder who the moron is they named it for :unsure:

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Took 2 at home covid tests last night. 1 was inconclusive and the other was positive. I'll still be going to urgent care when I'm back in our home town later today.

Also adding in quercetin phytosome today.

Current potential covid fighting protocol:
Quercetin 500mg (as mentioned beginning today)
Resveratrol 250mg
Telmisartan 40mg
Vitamin D 11,000iu
Vitamin C 10g (bumping to 20g when I get home to my Vitamin c powder)
EPA/DHA 2.4g
Thorne Probiotic blend
Digestive Enzymes
15mg sublingual dhea
TRT

Also, it's interesting that I have found current research that the latter 2 may fight severe covid as well. I'll post the research later.

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Took 2 at home covid tests last night. 1 was inconclusive and the other was positive. I'll still be going to urgent care when I'm back in our home town later today.

Resveratrol 250mg
Telmisartan 40mg
Vitamin D 11,000iu
EPA/DHA 2.4g
Thorne Probiotic blend
Digestive Enzymes
15mg sublingual dhea
TRT

Also, it's interesting that I have found current research that the latter 2 may fight severe covid as well. I'll post the research later.
Hopefully you’re one of the people where it isn’t too bad. I’ll tell you, if it were me, and it starts to get worse I’m going for the kitchen sink politician/celebrity approach. Hopefully all goes good man!

Edit: except I probably can’t do IV NAD+…that **** is expensive!

Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Hopefully you’re one of the people where it isn’t too bad. I’ll tell you, if it were me, and it starts to get worse I’m going for the kitchen sink politician/celebrity approach. Hopefully all goes good man!

Edit: except I probably can’t do IV NAD+…that **** is expensive!
I think insurance would cover it if prescribed by a normal doctor? I have nad+ nasal spray that isn't too expensive but I wish I had injectable

Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar

Resveratrol 250mg
Telmisartan 40mg
Vitamin D 11,000iu
EPA/DHA 2.4g
Thorne Probiotic blend
Digestive Enzymes
15mg sublingual dhea
TRT

ya anabolic steroids are supposed to suppress immune responses so it can help with cytokine storm. my guess is you will be ok because I bet you already had some antibodies, but if your symptoms get worse you'll definitely want to seek monoclonal.

on the recent Joe Rogan + tim pool podcast, tim explained his symptoms and they were pretty crazy. he said it felt like he had needles in his veins and his vision got very bad.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
ya anabolic steroids are supposed to suppress immune responses so it can help with cytokine storm. my guess is you will be ok because I bet you already had some antibodies, but if your symptoms get worse you'll definitely want to seek monoclonal.

on the recent Joe Rogan + tim pool podcast, tim explained his symptoms and they were pretty crazy. he said it felt like he had needles in his veins and his vision got very bad.
I'm sure there's a level where there's enough testosterone to suppress cytokine storm but not enough to suppress healthy immune function. How high would those levels have to be to suppress healthy immune response?

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I think insurance would cover it if prescribed by a normal doctor? I have nad+ nasal spray that isn't too expensive but I wish I had injectable
I was thinking about grabbing the spray just not much info out there I could find. Interested though for sure.

Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I'm sure there's a level where there's enough testosterone to suppress cytokine storm but not enough to suppress healthy immune function. How high would those levels have to be to suppress healthy immune response?
I really don't know, but I did some Google and this article seems to be big brain:

it suggest that women might be at less risk of covid due to less AR binding. my interpretation would conclude that you would want to have "normal" testosterone levels just to maintain healthy body/mind. cuz being low t feels like **** and probably isn't good for you either

Last edited:
Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I was thinking about grabbing the spray just not much info out there I could find. Interested though for sure.
my GF is liking the NAD+ nasal spray but the one I have kind of irritates my nose/throat a bit (from AA)

I like their noopept nasal spray a lot better

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
my GF is liking the NAD+ nasal spray but the one I have kind of irritates my nose/throat a bit (from AA)

That’s where I was looking, and that was a concern. Like the noopept huh…I may pull the trigger and try some of this stuff.

Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
That’s where I was looking, and that was a concern. Like the noopept huh…I may pull the trigger and try some of this stuff.
I emailed them asking if they'd ever do injectable NAD+ and they said "no plans to, sorry"

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I emailed them asking if they'd ever do injectable NAD+ and they said "no plans to, sorry"
Yea it seems like an 8 hour drip is ideal but I looked and around me that’s like 1200 bucks out of pocket…granted I did search every facility but it was looking pricey.

They sell a lot of injectable stuff so I wonder if there is concern of doing a large dose Vs the drip(norm) due to it apparently not feeling too good even at small quantities. Hmm

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I really don't know, but I did some Google and this article seems to be big brain:

it suggest that women might be at less risk of covid due to less AR binding. my interpretation would conclude that you would want to have "normal" testosterone levels just to maintain healthy body/mind. cuz being low t feels like **** and probably isn't good for you either
Check that one out. I'll post more later too.

Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Check that one out. I'll post more later too.
this study seems to be on patients that are already hospitalized. low test would likely only benefit those before hospitalization.

Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Yea it seems like an 8 hour drip is ideal but I looked and around me that’s like 1200 bucks out of pocket…granted I did search every facility but it was looking pricey.

They sell a lot of injectable stuff so I wonder if there is concern of doing a large dose Vs the drip(norm) due to it apparently not feeling too good even at small quantities. Hmm
iirc Joe Rogan said if he smokes weed he can do the NAD drip faster with less discomfort

mechka_grizli

mechka_grizli

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

What do you get from the noopept?

Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
What do you get from the noopept?
minor stimulant/nootropic up front (imo) and after prolonged daily use, improved memory/cognition focus. supposed to help people with Alzheimer's after chronic use, but I'm just giving my brain a little upgrade

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote

Resveratrol 250mg
Telmisartan 40mg
Vitamin D 11,000iu
EPA/DHA 2.4g
Thorne Probiotic blend
Digestive Enzymes
15mg sublingual dhea
TRT

I would definitely double your Quercetin intake and consider doubling your resveratrol and D3 doses for the next week or so.

And you want to add Zinc at 50-100mg/day during this time as well, split over at least 2 doses & not on an empty stomach. Quercetin potentiates the antiviral effects of Zinc (which is already great for an entire host of metabolic processes).

If things get so bad you might need to go to the hospital, they did administer 180mg of Telmisartan to hospitalized patients for something like 10 days and they showed much lower C reactive protein levels early into the therapy & throughout and significantly recovered faster (based on time to check out of hospital). NOT telling you to abuse script medications without supervision, just re-sharing that info for awareness. It can be a viable treatment option in serious COVID cases.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I would definitely double your Quercetin intake and consider doubling your resveratrol and D3 doses for the next week or so.

And you want to add Zinc at 50-100mg/day during this time as well, split over at least 2 doses & not on an empty stomach. Quercetin potentiates the antiviral effects of Zinc (which is already great for an entire host of metabolic processes).

If things get so bad you might need to go to the hospital, they did administer 180mg of Telmisartan to hospitalized patients for something like 10 days and they showed much lower C reactive protein levels early into the therapy & throughout and significantly recovered faster (based on time to check out of hospital). NOT telling you to abuse script medications without supervision, just re-sharing that info for awareness. It can be a viable treatment option in serious COVID cases.
I did see that telmisartan research which is why I put that up in my list. I can't double the resveratrol as it makes me feel weird any higher than that. But the quercetin, probably a good idea.

NoAddedHmones

NoAddedHmones

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote

I tested positive last Tuesday and was progressively getting worse by Friday, added in 40mg Telmisartan on the day and within hours noticed improvement…no fever or serious symptoms a few days later.

Although i was also fully vaccinated.

Sh1t works extremely well - no need to megadose it in mild settings.

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Is telmisartan OTC? Haven’t come across this in protocol use for covaids yet

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Update here:
Tested positive for covid today. They also tested complete blood cell which found my WBCs were right below normal and platelets a little below normal. The doctor said they've been seeing that, but after googling a little, now I'm a bit freaked out as it can be an indicator of severe illness (but wouldn't I have far worse symptoms right now too?).

Apparently resveratrol can lower white blood cells and can be immunosuppressive as well at high enough doses, but maybe just 250mg is enough for me to do that? Should I stop taking the resveratrol? So it's anti-covid but also immunosuppressive...mind blown.

I am now taking quercetin so that should cover me too. They do have monoclonal antibodies. But I'm concerned with this...
Do mAbs have risks?
Therapeutic mAbs, typically administered by intravenous (IV) infusion, have been a valuable and generally safe treatment option for a variety of conditions for many years. However, they are also known to cause a range of side effects and reactions, which can be immediate or delayed. Serious adverse events associated with mAbs include infusion reactions, acute anaphylaxis, and serum sickness, as well as longer-term complications such as infections, cancer, autoimmune disease, and cardiotoxicity.

My plan was if I got any worse, I was going to get the monoclonal antibodies treatment. With this resveratrol revelation, I don't know. Other then a current panic attack because of that WBC, I continue to feel better.

Anyone have any thoughts?

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Update here:
Tested positive for covid today. They also tested complete blood cell which found my WBCs were right below normal and platelets a little below normal. The doctor said they've been seeing that, but after googling a little, now I'm a bit freaked out as it can be an indicator of severe illness (but wouldn't I have far worse symptoms right now too?).

Apparently resveratrol can lower white blood cells and can be immunosuppressive as well at high enough doses, but maybe just 250mg is enough for me to do that? Should I stop taking the resveratrol? So it's anti-covid but also immunosuppressive...mind blown.

I am now taking quercetin so that should cover me too. They do have monoclonal antibodies. But I'm concerned with this...
Do mAbs have risks?
Therapeutic mAbs, typically administered by intravenous (IV) infusion, have been a valuable and generally safe treatment option for a variety of conditions for many years. However, they are also known to cause a range of side effects and reactions, which can be immediate or delayed. Serious adverse events associated with mAbs include infusion reactions, acute anaphylaxis, and serum sickness, as well as longer-term complications such as infections, cancer, autoimmune disease, and cardiotoxicity.

My plan was if I got any worse, I was going to get the monoclonal antibodies treatment. With this resveratrol revelation, I don't know. Other then a current panic attack because of that WBC, I continue to feel better.

@Hyde @HIT4ME @Kronic @thebigt

Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Update here:

Do mAbs have risks?

how do you feel? you have 10 days from showing symptoms to get monoclonal

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I tested positive last Tuesday and was progressively getting worse by Friday, added in 40mg Telmisartan on the day and within hours noticed improvement…no fever or serious symptoms a few days later.

Although i was also fully vaccinated.

Sh1t works extremely well - no need to megadose it in mild settings.
Appreciate the anecdotal feedback.

I actually just started Telmisartan for on-blast blood pressure/AAS-based water retention/kidney health 4 nights ago (just 20mg) and already feel much better.

Is telmisartan OTC? Haven’t come across this in protocol use for covaids yet
No, it’s a prescription drug in the US.

Update here:

Do mAbs have risks?

I don’t know anything about COVID’s white blood cell response, if it should rise like normal infections or if it’s different in that regard, but you probably aren’t going to make a big difference either way with resveratrol so I’d drop it if it gives you some peace of mind.

Just an opinion from the peanut gallery.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
how do you feel? you have 10 days from showing symptoms to get monoclonal
Right now, one of my tonsils kind of hurts which has been happening off and on for a couple weeks. That started when I started experimenting with higher dhea doses (higher as in 15-25mg lol). I was using 5mg for a few months first. My dhea-s levels are verified low so I'm not just playing around.

Other then that, that's actually covid related, just body aches at the moment, particularly low back and hamstrings. Headache is basically gone. Cough is barely anything and lungs are clear according to doctor. No fever. No congestion. Granted, I'm taking 2g vitamin c every couple hours so already at 10g today. When I get stuffy, 2g within an hour knocks it out and I can breathe clearly through my nose again. The person that did my tests today laughed because I had no symptoms yet positive tests as a testament to how good I'm doing.

Is it possible to feel this good and still have a severe outcome or anything?

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I would also keep in mind anxiety is a comorbidity so don’t freak yourself out. Anytime I googled anything going on with me for the last 10 years or so I always came to the conclusion I was going to die. Being hyperbolic here to make a point.

Stay strong mentally, rest up, if you feel any worse get the MCAs.

All just opinion I’m not a doctor obviously.

NoAddedHmones

NoAddedHmones

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Update here:

Do mAbs have risks?

Just as a general fyi and consideration everyone should understand when using any supplement, particularly ones with enhanced bioavailable systems and “anti-oxidant” MOAs, dosage makes the poison, specifically high dosing, syngery with other compounds can actually lead to deleterious pro-oxidant, immunpsuppressing characteristics.

A kitchen sink approach of high dosed compounds isn’t a good idea.

A dose in RDA range of immune supporting compounds such as vit D, zinc (in particular), selenium, inositol is a much better idea to support immune function, then megadosing.

NoAddedHmones

NoAddedHmones

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Appreciate the anecdotal feedback.

I actually just started Telmisartan for on-blast blood pressure/AAS-based water retention/kidney health 4 nights ago (just 20mg) and already feel much better.

No, it’s a prescription drug in the US.

I don’t know anything about COVID’s white blood cell response, if it should rise like normal infections or if it’s different in that regard, but you probably aren’t going to make a big difference either way with resveratrol so I’d drop it if it gives you some peace of mind.

Just an opinion from the peanut gallery.
Serum WBC can be lower than range if the immune system is deploying to tissue with infection etc, it why post work out some peoples WBC count can drop slightly below normal range transiently due to the involvement of the immune system in post workout recovery.

Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I would also keep in mind anxiety is a comorbidity so don’t freak yourself out. Anytime I googled anything going on with me for the last 10 years or so I always came to the conclusion I was going to die. Being hyperbolic here to make a point.

Stay strong mentally, rest up, if you feel any worse get the MCAs.

All just opinion I’m not a doctor obviously.
this is true afaik. I remember seeing anxiety and depression as a comorbitity. definatly remain optimistic, but also realistic. takes balance in this one

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
@Hyde @HIT4ME @Kronic @thebigt
here

here is what i know-i've been on trt since 2008, low dosed at only 100mg test cyp weekly. when my wife and i tested positive for covid back in late february 2021 it was very mild for both of us. we both take vit d and muti daily. also i am a avid runner and my wife does strenuous hiking and brisk walking. we are both right at the insurance guidelines for weight at our heights, and neither of us have any pre existing disease and neither of us smoke or drink.

all i can say is that either the viral load was low or we both have exceptional genes because neither of us had symptoms that required a hospital visit or any prescription medication at all....we have both been around [exposed to] people who have tested positive and we have NOT got vaccinated. on 2 separate occasions we went and got tested after being exposed and tested negative both times-we were not having symptoms but were prepared to quarantine for 14 days again like we did when we originally tested positive...

for us, we consider it borderline criminal for the government [BIDEN} to try and force us into getting vaccinated, fortunately we are retired.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
icandecide.org

Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
here

here is what i know-i've been on trt since 2008, low dosed at only 100mg test cyp weekly. when my wife and i tested positive for covid back in late february 2021 it was very mild for both of us. we both take vit d and muti daily. also i am a avid runner and my wife does strenuous hiking and brisk walking. we are both right at the insurance guidelines for weight at our heights, and neither of us have any pre existing disease and neither of us smoke or drink.

all i can say is that either the viral load was low or we both have exceptional genes because neither of us had symptoms that required a hospital visit or any prescription medication at all....we have both been around [exposed to] people who have tested positive and we have NOT got vaccinated. on 2 separate occasions we went and got tested after being exposed and tested negative both times-we were not having symptoms but were prepared to quarantine for 14 days again like we did when we originally tested positive...

for us, we consider it borderline criminal for the government [BIDEN} to try and force us into getting vaccinated, fortunately we are retired.
I think you are both great specimens, but there may be a genetic component to things. there's some Gene that Asians tend to have that will fight mRNA viruses. that's one of the current theories on why japan is almost covid free right now

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
here

What were all your symptoms?

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
this study seems to be on patients that are already hospitalized. low test would likely only benefit those before hospitalization.
I think that article is saying the low T and severe covid are linked, not that low T is a benefit.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
@GreenMachineX

I am not an expert on this of course, but from my limited experience with reading bloodwork and such, here are my thoughts.

It is hard to really say much when given a single value without seeing ALL of the bloodwork. A lot of these things don't happen in a vacuum and you can generalize what each value represents but it is all part of a bigger picture and a single reading can easily be taken out of context.

If everything else is inline and you had a complete CBC, etc. - then a slightly low WBC is not a concern off the bat to me.

Do you know your neutrophils, lymphocytes, and actual platelet counts?

I would be more concerned with elevated WBC during covid. It's my understanding that a cytokine storm is ultimately what causes death in Covid, and a cytokine storm will look a lot like sepsis with severely elevated WBC.

As for the platelets - this seems to be common in Covid patients and was really the problem a few months back when everyone was up in arms about strokes from the vaccines - increased cytokines will increase the destruction of platelets. If you have a stroke and low platelets, and doctors don't know this - they will give you a blood thinner for the stroke and cause an issue. This is pretty rare though and low on the concern list...especially if they are mildly suppressed. IMO at least.

The following paragraph from this study is interesting:

Patients with COVID-19 pneumonia can present with blood coagulation abnormalities, commonly manifested by elevated levels of fibrinogen and D-dimer in tandem with mild thrombocytopenia.115,116 Rise in D-dimer levels has been linked to poorer prognosis and higher mortality rate.117,118 D-dimer levels, lung inflammation, and pulmonary hemorrhage are influenced by neutrophil elastase activity.119,120 As such, suppression of elastase and neutrophil activation may be helpful in hemorrhagic or thrombotic complications associated with COVID-19.121 N-acetylcysteine has been found to inhibit release of elastase and modulate neutrophil activity when used at high concentrations.122 In neutrophilic airway inflammation in cystic fibrosis, high-dose N-acetylcysteine decreases the neutrophil burden in airways and the number of airway neutrophils actively releasing elastase-rich granules.123 Treatment with N-acetylcysteine can also attenuate lung emphysema induced by elastase as depicted in amelioration of airspace enlargements, partial recovery of expiratory flows, and normalization of lung collagen content.124 This evidence sheds light on the possible role of N-acetylcysteine on mediating inflammation-mediated lung injury and abnormalities of blood coagulation in severe COVID-19.
I would maybe see if you can convince your doctors to test fibrinogen levels and this may be a way for NAC to be a benefit. I personally think NAC and Vitamin D are probably your best bet. I'm not really sold on the quercetin stuff.

Also, they are hard to find but there are studies that suggest Vitamin D may reduce "tolerance" to corticosteroids like prednisone or cortisol. This may mean that, since you've maintained sufficient levels, you are having a strong/appropriate response to a small amount of extra steroid hormones in your system, which means your body doesn't have to go nuts and release a bunch extra to get the effect - and extra tends to increase side effects - so you you've minimized some sides from the endogenous response. If you have an increase in immature white blood cells as well, this would indicate that you are losing them more quickly due to the infection; but also making more rapidly which is an appropriate response and this effect of Vitamin D would facilitate the process I believe.

All in all, I'm grasping at straws because I don't have a complete picture but I don't think there is any real reason for concern. Keep monitoring.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
What were all your symptoms?
stuffy/congested nose sore throat and coughing and mild diarhea, i've had colds that were worse and that lasted longer--we were really only [sick] for 3-4 days. tylenol and pepto bismol were the only medications we took.

we quarantined for 14 days at our lake house and stayed active the entire time--i was in training for a upcoming 7k race and after quarantine went back to training and 6 months later ran the 7k in right at 31 minutes-i was very happy with that time!!!

i read a article that said running and brisk walking will aid in keeping covid symptoms mild, oddly enough the article said that regular walking no matter the distance did not have any effect.

someone tell that idiot in the white house that my wife and i do not need or want that damned vaccine!!!

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Is it possible to feel this good and still have a severe outcome or anything?
Sure, I would say anything is possible. Likely? Let's just say this - this isn't going to kill you like a heart attack where you feel fine and then you drop dead suddenly with no warning (I don't think). I would say feeling good is something to feel good about. Just keep monitoring and relax.

Just as a general fyi and consideration everyone should understand when using any supplement, particularly ones with enhanced bioavailable systems and “anti-oxidant” MOAs, dosage makes the poison, specifically high dosing, syngery with other compounds can actually lead to deleterious pro-oxidant, immunpsuppressing characteristics.

A dose in RDA range of immune supporting compounds such as vit D, zinc (in particular), selenium, inositol is a much better idea to support immune function, then megadosing.
Good post - although I will be seen as providing conflicting posts here since I'm a big fan of 10,000 iu of Vitamin D per day, and large Vitamin C doses. As far as NAC - if I were to recommend a dose it would be along the lines of 500 mg 3-4 times a day for something like this.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar

Well, I wouldn't have thought resveratrol at 1 cap (250mg) would suppress immune function (and I'm not sure it has, just going by what I see).