Why does the average person think its ok to drink alcohol a few times when training?

LovingtoLift

LovingtoLift

Banned
Awards
So I don't know about you, but I like to keep my alcohol consumption to a bare minimum.

If a person is working out, why do they go out afterwards immediately following exercise?

Are these people just exercising to feel better and not really that concerned with seeing dramatic results in their physiques? Basically the type of person that is happy where they are at or just wants to lose a little weight? A person who doesn't have aspirations of being ripped or competing?

Or are they ignorant enough to actually believe they can go out drinking a few times per week after the gym and be productive?

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I've never heard of anyone drinking alcohol while training. I'd probably throw up on the gym floor.

LovingtoLift

LovingtoLift

Banned
Awards
LOL because I have not received a straight answer from anyone on this.

There are plenty of people who go to the gym but then directly after they go, they head right to the bar. Then they wake up feeling guilty so they run to the gym again and workout. Then they are unhappy with the results they get.

Why the **** do they do this **** is the question I ask here. No one in their right mind works hard at something and then chooses things that will be counterproductive unless they are content with where they are at and really don't find it a big deal if they make a vast improvement.

datsthat

datsthat

Awards
  • Established
So I don't know about you, but I like to keep my alcohol consumption to a bare minimum.

If a person is working out, why do they go out afterwards immediately following exercise?

Are these people just exercising to feel better and not really that concerned with seeing dramatic results in their physiques? Basically the type of person that is happy where they are at or just wants to lose a little weight? A person who doesn't have aspirations of being ripped or competing?

Or are they ignorant enough to actually believe they can go out drinking a few times per week after the gym and be productive?
who are these people you speak of?

I drink very little, about 2-3 drinks a week, sometimes even less. However, I do consume THC daily.

I am will never have the aspirations of being ripped or to compete.

I must be ignorant and a freak of nature because I believe and I am making gains while drinking 2-3 drinks a week.

I do not take any orals that is liver toxic, never have and probably never will.

Edit, you ask strange questions

LovingtoLift

LovingtoLift

Banned
Awards
What does it matter?
Why does it matter? Well Rodja I guess it doesn't matter but I find it very silly that someone would invest money on a gym membership if in fact they are not going to want to see changes in their physique. Put all that hard work into something and then throw it all away immediately following that hard work.

Also you see people out there who say "Oh I work so hard in the gym, I don't know why I am not getting the results I want to." While at the same time they are telling people this they are eating a donut from Dunkin Donuts and drinking a Caramel Latte. Do they really think its some big mystery as to why they lose interest cause they are not seeing results? Its right in front of their faces.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
LOL because I have not received a straight answer from anyone on this.

There are plenty of people who go to the gym but then directly after they go, they head right to the bar. Then they wake up feeling guilty so they run to the gym again and workout. Then they are unhappy with the results they get.

Why the **** do they do this **** is the question I ask here. No one in their right mind works hard at something and then chooses things that will be counterproductive unless they are content with where they are at and really don't find it a big deal if they make a vast improvement.
Why do you make so many damn dumb ass threads with so many damn dumb ass questions?.

datsthat

datsthat

Awards
  • Established
Why does it matter? Well Rodja I guess it doesn't matter but I find it very silly that someone would invest money on a gym membership if in fact they are not going to want to see changes in their physique. Put all that hard work into something and then throw it all away immediately following that hard work.

Also you see people out there who say "Oh I work so hard in the gym, I don't know why I am not getting the results I want to." While at the same time they are telling people this they are eating a donut from Dunkin Donuts and drinking a Caramel Latte. Do they really think its some big mystery as to why they lose interest cause they are not seeing results? Its right in front of their faces.
so your workout and diet is on point?

datsthat

datsthat

Awards
  • Established
Why do you make so many damn dumb ass threads with so many damn dumb ass questions?.
You took the words out of my mouth

LovingtoLift

LovingtoLift

Banned
Awards
Well Dats That you just answered my question. You never want to be ripped? Why even go to the gym then? So you can walk around and say you go to the gym? You are like those people on golf courses that just play golf cause its "Fun."

But never break 90.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Enjoy your life and don't stress the little things so much...

I'm currently cutting, but I'm still drinking stout here and there, in the evening. Since I am carb-backloading, it's been perfectly fine and things are going great. My best cut/recomp yet.

Life is meant to be enjoyed, and there is life outside the gym.
But beyond this, who cares what other people choose to do.

LovingtoLift

LovingtoLift

Banned
Awards
Gutterpump,

I know that!

But Im talking about the people who complain they don't get results and then when they are told not to consume certain foods or drink alcohol they continue to do so. Do they think that is going to get them productive results?

Listen everyone having a life outside the gym is healthy but abusing your body and thinking you are going to get somewhere is a dead end street. There are plenty of people out there who do not understand its 80 % what you put in your body! Diet is the most important element of making gains.

datsthat

datsthat

Awards
  • Established
Well Dats That you just answered my question. You never want to be ripped? Why even go to the gym then? So you can walk around and say you go to the gym? You are like those people on golf courses that just play golf cause its "Fun."

But never break 90.
I don't talk to anyone about going to gym other than on couple forums.

I want to be in good shape, but not ripped. Its not worth it to me to sacrifice so much for a ripped body. I'd rather be 10-15% BF and strong as fuuk.

I go to gym to strengthen my body so that I can defend or save my love ones.

I don't play golf, but if I did, I would do it for fun.

LovingtoLift

LovingtoLift

Banned
Awards
T-Bone ,

I'll admit I am guilty of that on here. But let me ask you a question.........

The way you judge yourself and your own personal results is called a Mirror. You stand in front of it everyday and you see a reflection. You also judge yourself on the way your clothes fit you.

This is how you judge yourself and the progress you are making.

If a person does not see these things, how can they honestly say they are making progress? If a person is doing something and not making progress, what is the point of it?

LovingtoLift

LovingtoLift

Banned
Awards
lets see a pic. isn't that part of the reason why you workout so that you would be ripped?
You want to see a pic of the progress I have made since September of 2013? Ok fine here we go.............

First pic is of me before gym.

Second pic is of me after I decided to dedicate myself to the gym and that lifestyle.

Stephen Fat Thanksgiving 5.jpg

Stephengains2.jpg

datsthat

datsthat

Awards
  • Established
You want to see a pic of the progress I have made since September of 2013? Ok fine here we go.............

First pic is of me before gym.

Second pic is of me after I decided to dedicate myself to the gym and that lifestyle.

View attachment 127376

View attachment 127377
Great work. You've asked some strange questions, but its all good. I am curious what your next question will be.

LovingtoLift

LovingtoLift

Banned
Awards
Great work. You've asked some strange questions, but its all good. I am curious what your next question will be.
Thank you. I do ask some questions that may annoy some people but I have to cause it gets my thoughts off my chest. Hope you are having a great day today :)

datsthat

datsthat

Awards
  • Established
Thank you. I do ask some questions that may annoy some people but I have to cause it gets my thoughts off my chest. Hope you are having a great day today :)
Ask away. Don't take anything personal.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You're making the huge, erroneous assumption that the only reason anyone would lift is a look. To me, progress is measured in pounds on the bar. The look is completely irrelevant to far more than you think.

LovingtoLift

LovingtoLift

Banned
Awards
You're making the huge, erroneous assumption that the only reason anyone would lift is a look. To me, progress is measured in pounds on the bar. The look is completely irrelevant to far more than you think.
We are not talking about that. We are talking about people who's goal is to look better.

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
We are not talking about that. We are talking about people who's goal is to look better.
All you asked is if people don't realize it won't lead to a better physique. My point is that there is not one universal goal amongst everyone. Keep doing what you're doing and worry less about others going out to get hammered after training.

Sidenote: just trained and will be having Basil Hayden as soon as I get home.