Who will be the next president ?

Who will be the next president after Bush ?

• Total voters

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
McCain vs. Clinton

McCain vs. Obama

My prediction is if McCain goes up against Obama, he will lose.

However, if he goes up against Clinton, he will win.

I think the end result will be: McCain vs. Obama with Obama winning.

Just with the way things are going, Obama looks like he will win.

This poll will be null and void once a Democratic canidate is chosen, but whatev.

CryingEmo

CryingEmo

Awards
  • Established
I see obama winning also. He seems more cerebral than the other two

boxmeman

boxmeman

Awards
  • Established
hmmm i think I see McCain coming out on top......Although its a close call between him and Obama....VERY CLOSE!

CNorris

CNorris

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Obama swift boated himself by having a hateful racist anti-Semite anti-American nut job be the most influential mentor in his life. Obama has no chance any more. More of his radical roots will come out.

Right now independants are going for McCain 2:1 and it will only get worse for Obama. Obama is not a moderate and the more of the facade is torn down the more he gets exposed as the extremist he is.

McCain is the true moderate with an endless record of bi-partisanship and he will win the white and independant vote. Dont forget that 20+ % of Hillary supporters say they will vote McCain over Obama. Lets say 15% of them follow through, its over.

Australian made

Australian made

Awards
  • Established
From a non American point of view i know absolutely nothing about this McCain character. CNBC is on all day in my office and all they talk about is Obama vs Clinton.Very very rarely is McCains name mentioned.
Whoever it is can only improve on what Bush has done. I'd be happy to see your currency get stronger, your economy to pick up and your house prices to stop falling. Too much to ask?

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
I think that the reason why the Dems are getting so much attention is because they are favored in this thing, mainly due to the Republican stance on Iraq.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
also the reason why they are covering the dems so much is that it is a close race between the 2 canidates. mccain is pretty much the republican canidate.

Kristofer68SS

Kristofer68SS

Awards
  • Established
Two sides of the same coin.

I see clinton or obama. Definately a Demo..

Like its going to matter...

BodyWizard

BodyWizard

Awards
  • Established
I think that the reason why the Dems are getting so much attention is because they are favored in this thing, mainly due to the seven-year-long orgy of neo-con/Republican predatory excess.
there, I fixed that for you....

Dadof2

Dadof2

Awards
  • Established
My opinion is that Hillary will win the Dem nomination in the convention (yes I think she will steal the election from Obama but opt to take him on as her running mate).

The resulting Clinton/Obama ticket will be run all over the unelectable McCain.

Kristofer68SS

Kristofer68SS

Awards
  • Established
My opinion is that Hillary will win the Dem nomination in the convention (yes I think she will steal the election from Obama but opt to take him on as her running mate).

smart man.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
I don't believe that Clinton will make it as a primary Democratic canidate. Even several months back when it was neck to neck, Obama just seem to have had more edge overall.

AM07

Awards
  • Established
I hope McCain wins. I'm afraid of the direction this country will be headed in if Obama becomes President.

The guy has only been in the U.S. government for 3 years, so we know NOTHING about him, except for the little bits we're learning about him every day. And as each day progresses, his life and comments become more and more disturbing. At least with Clinton and McCain, we know what we're getting.

To all of you Obama supporters, especially white supporters, go read either of his two books. It will open your eyes as to how this man thinks, and make you think twice about how he is going to "transcend race".

Romney should be the candidate, but the dumbasses in this country couldn't see past his religion.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
I wouldn't have minded Edwards to be honest.

I'm also kinda worried about Obama taking over as well. It seems like he has a very, very good chance at winning.

AM07

Awards
  • Established
Edwards talked so much about universal health care, and how we have to provide coverage for all Americans, all the while he was contributing to the high prices of health care by defending plaintiffs who were filing multi-million dollar malpractice lawsuits.

He's just another greedy trial lawyer.

BodyWizard

BodyWizard

Awards
  • Established

HRC cannot win either the nomination or the general election (not this year, and probably never); I doubt she'll be able to steal the nomination, for the simple reason that she obviously intends to, and the Democratic party clearly intends to stop her.

If she *succeeds*, however, and traps the nomination & offers Obama the veep spot, I think there may be enough angry crossover voters to swing McCain in the general.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
HRC cannot win either the nomination or the general election (not this year, and probably never); I doubt she'll be able to steal the nomination, for the simple reason that she obviously intends to, and the Democratic party clearly intends to stop her.

If she *succeeds*, however, and traps the nomination & offers Obama the veep spot, I think there may be enough angry crossover voters to swing McCain in the general.
I do not believe that she realizes or even cares how much she is hurting her own party. It just goes to show how horrible she has become. SHe has no mathematical chance to win, yet will continue to fight and cause damage.

At the end of the day the race is McCain v. Obama, and this year could very well be the year that the VP's nominations are just as important.

BodyWizard

BodyWizard

Awards
  • Established
I'm squeamish/suspicious/gun-shy re: the VP follies, ever since the '92 election. Gore, IMO, contributed little or nothing to the ticket, or to the administration's track record (no, let's not debate the Clinton "legacy" in this thread); mostly he just took "power-whore" lessons from Bill.

BodyWizard

BodyWizard

Awards
  • Established
If we're all very, very good, we may just get the greatest gift we've had as a nation since the end of the Civil War: the total destruction of the Bush and Clinton families as forces in US politics.

DBinMD

DBinMD

Awards
  • Established
Obama will definitely win the dem primary. Everyone that I know, outside of what would be considered his core constituancy, was appalled by the Rev. Wright debacle. He got off easy with the liberals, but I suspect this will resurface when he's up against McCain. I wasn't sure I liked McCain enough to vote at all, but after what's going on with both Hillary and Obama I'll be voting. Even my liberal wife is seriously doing what she thought was unthinkable a year ago, vote for a Republican. If she doesn't for McCain, she's not voting at all.

Obama might win with a lot of Clinton support, but if not, then I think McCain will win by a landslide. So I voted for McCain vs Obama, with McCain winning.

MrBrightside

MrBrightside

Awards
  • Established
Obama wins democratic nomination, and then the presidential election. McCain is waaaay too old to be in office for four years, it seems like his mind is much choppier in some clips I've seen demonstrating his relative incompetence.

AM07

Awards
  • Established
MrBrightside, why should age matter though? I know to many people it does, for some stupid unknown reason, but age is correlated with wisdom and experience. Who would you rather listen to, someone who is 30 or someone who is 70?

DBinMD, can you imagine all of the uproar had it been McCain's preacher that said something like that?? If Obama wins the Democratic nomination, I think McCain will launch commercials showing Wright's remarks, mention how Obama stayed there as a member of the church for 2 DECADEs and then at the end of the commercial, it will say "Can you trust this man to lead our country?" Case closed, McCain wins the general if Obama is nominated.

If Obama does win the general, even after all of anti-American dirt we've seen on him already (and there's more to come once the general election comes), then the citizens of this country are retarded as **** and deserve a Marxist like Obama.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
a marxist like obama? that is a bit of a stretch IMO, but hey we are all entitled to our opinions

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
I wont vote for Obama - the more I research his beliefs and his campaign the more bs I smell.

In reality, we're pretty much ****ed either way. Bigger government, more taxes...

Obama claims to be this grassroots harbinger of 'change', but look into his campaign financing and the people he associates with. He's a corporate puppet just like the lot of them.

oldscool63

Awards
If we're all very, very good, we may just get the greatest gift we've had as a nation since the end of the Civil War: the total destruction of the Bush and Clinton families as forces in US politics.

Amen!

:djparty:

Anyway, I see Obama winning.

'Nuff said.

joecski

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
a marxist like obama? that is a bit of a stretch IMO, but hey we are all entitled to our opinions
I have to agree with you 100%. Obama is way too liberal to ever win the general election. HRC has been gentle with him in the primary to avoid fracturing the Dem Party (and she hasn't done a great job), but McCain and the Republican machine will crush Obama. His past linexperience in government or private/corportate sectors and his admission of serious drug use in his autobiography will be trotted out for public display. That is not even getting into the whole ordeal with his pastor, or his endorsement by Farrakhan. I think the average American will run from Obama.

The VP scenario is interesting - I have heard Romney or Condi Rice as possible picks. If he goes with Condi, it would be hard to see him not winning by a landslide. Remember, she has an almost flawless record, and her association with Bush won't really hurt her.

I expected the Dems to walk into the Oval Office after Bush - now I don't see any scenario that has them beating McCain.

DBinMD

DBinMD

Awards
  • Established
MrBrightside, why should age matter though? I know to many people it does, for some stupid unknown reason, but age is correlated with wisdom and experience. Who would you rather listen to, someone who is 30 or someone who is 70?

DBinMD, can you imagine all of the uproar had it been McCain's preacher that said something like that?? If Obama wins the Democratic nomination, I think McCain will launch commercials showing Wright's remarks, mention how Obama stayed there as a member of the church for 2 DECADEs and then at the end of the commercial, it will say "Can you trust this man to lead our country?" Case closed, McCain wins the general if Obama is nominated.
I agree about the age thing, but there again, I’m old, too.

Part of the fascination of this whole debacle is the free ride. Yes, if it was anyone else in the last 40 years (including Hillary) they would have been gone. It was fascinating to watch him say the same lines (like “typical elderly white women”) that would have caused anyone else to crash and burn. He was probably correct in his statement, as others before him, but the others wouldn’t have gotten away with it.

The whole affair bothers me on a lot of levels. The first is how a rational person could sit thru such hateful speech for 20 years. The next is the perversion of the Christian faith, I know I would have never returned to that congregation, and thirdly, since his mother and his children’s grandmother is white, I don’t understand how he could sit thru that in respect to her.

I think you’re right about the commercials. Hillary may have felt the need to constrain herself, I don’t think McCain will. I also suspect this will be one of the ugliest campaigns in memory.

I don’t trust any gifted speaker who doesn’t have the authority or credibility to back it up. And, BTW, I'm "one of those garlic eating Italians" by way of my dads side, Rev. W. has made it a little extra personal.

AM07

Awards
  • Established
What I also find ironic is people who think somewhat like Wright (maybe not as radical though as I don't think many liberals even agree with him) bring politics to the church, but then shout for seperation of church and state!

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
I don’t trust any gifted speaker who doesn’t have the authority or credibility to back it up. And, BTW, I'm "one of those garlic eating Italians" by way of my dads side, Rev. W. has made it a little extra personal.
I'm 100% 'garlic nose'...if I did have any respect for Obama's camp it was gone after I read that remark. I dont care if it wasnt him that said it. Birds of a feather flock together.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have to agree with you 100%. Obama is way too liberal to ever win the general election. HRC has been gentle with him in the primary to avoid fracturing the Dem Party (and she hasn't done a great job), but McCain and the Republican machine will crush Obama. His past linexperience in government or private/corportate sectors and his admission of serious drug use in his autobiography will be trotted out for public display. That is not even getting into the whole ordeal with his pastor, or his endorsement by Farrakhan. I think the average American will run from Obama.

The VP scenario is interesting - I have heard Romney or Condi Rice as possible picks. If he goes with Condi, it would be hard to see him not winning by a landslide. Remember, she has an almost flawless record, and her association with Bush won't really hurt her.

I expected the Dems to walk into the Oval Office after Bush - now I don't see any scenario that has them beating McCain.
I dont see the average americans running from him. This is such a partisan election IMO. Reps will go to Mccain and Dems to Obama, it will be the election of the Indy's which I am proud to say I am.

In terms of VP I think McCain is better suited with Romeny, he gives a potential solid replacement in 4 years not tied to the Bush administration at all. In fact, if Romney was the nominee they would have my vote.

Obama needs a very experienced, but yet likeable dem for VP. I am a huge fan of Biden, but his name recognition is not at that level. Based on experience alone, he could be president. I could see a Bill Richardson for Obama. Again, it might very well come down to the VP's

I think the dems now are going tostart realizing that Edwards was probably their best chance to take the White House.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I hate to put it so crassly, but if Obama wins what's the over/under on time to assassination (or at least an attempt)?

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm 100% 'garlic nose'...if I did have any respect for Obama's camp it was gone after I read that remark. I dont care if it wasnt him that said it. Birds of a feather flock together.
that is a bit short sighted. By that token people should have hated Harry Truman for his support of the clan early in his career, or Woodrwo Wilson and his antiasian remarks.

DBinMD

DBinMD

Awards
  • Established
What I also find ironic is people who think somewhat like Wright (maybe not as radical though as I don't think many liberals even agree with him) bring politics to the church, but then shout for seperation of church and state!
Actually, that shout is usually a liberal, secularist mantra. There is no such term in the constitution. The only thing it addresses is that Congress shall not establish a [particular] religion (IOW, like a Church of England) or interfere with religious expression. Sorry about the near rant, it’s one of my buttons.

However, I do think churches such as these violate their tax-exempt status.

It’s said politics makes strange bed fellows, and there isn’t always guilt by mere association, but I agree, the Rev. and Obama have been a little too close for a little too long, and it doesn’t look like that will change.

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
that is a bit short sighted. By that token people should have hated Harry Truman for his support of the clan early in his career, or Woodrwo Wilson and his antiasian remarks.

I didnt say I hated the man...I can't pretend to know anyone on a personal level that fronts for the media so that they can gain popular opinion. And that goes for any politician.

In all honestly Wrigts' sentiment holds some weight once you get past all the racist comments and hate fueled ranting - but its still not right. If that were one of McCain or Clinton's trusted advisors talking about a different race like that, it would be all over for either of them.

Obama has been taking advice from and taking part in organized meetings led by his firebrand, bigoted minister Jeremiah Wright for the past 20 years. He may or may not share those views, but he obviously isnt bothered by them enough to keep better company.

I dont think not wanting to vote for a man with limited political experience, who is an obvious corporate puppet just like any other politician, and who closely associates himself with a dogmatic overzealous racist is short sighted.

I'm actually trying to look out for my own future - one where I would hope a bigger government doesnt encroach further on my freedom and my finances than it has already.

BV

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
He may or may not share those views, but he obviously isnt bothered by them enough to keep better company.

BV
This is one of the biggest, most undervalued, indicators of a person's character there is.

For the most part, we are the company we keep

Dadof2

Dadof2

Awards
  • Established
This is one of the biggest, most undervalued, indicators of a person's character there is.

Its like the old saying: "if you hang around with ****, you are going to smell like ****"

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Its like the old saying: "if you hang around with ****, you are going to smell like ****"
I hate smelling like asterisks.

CryingEmo

CryingEmo

Awards
  • Established
His past linexperience in government or private/corportate sectors and his admission of serious drug use in his autobiography will be trotted out for public display. That is not even getting into the whole ordeal with his pastor, or his endorsement by Farrakhan. I think the average American will run from Obama.

Serious drug use? I'm not sure that's a good arguement to make on this site. ROFL. :rofl:

joecski

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Serious drug use? I'm not sure that's a good arguement to make on this site. ROFL. :rofl:
How about serious, very illicit recreatuinal drug use. I remeber the big deal made about Bill Clinton and his admitted 'trying but not inhaling' of marijuana. Obama admits in his autobiography to using marijuana and cocaine, and not as a one time thing either. I somehow doubt mainstream America is ready for that. It's not quite as easy to overlook as Arnold's use of steroids, which were not illegal at the time. Politicians and the media aside, not many people care about steroids.

CryingEmo

CryingEmo

Awards
  • Established
How about serious, very illicit recreatuinal drug use. I remeber the big deal made about Bill Clinton and his admitted 'trying but not inhaling' of marijuana. Obama admits in his autobiography to using marijuana and cocaine, and not as a one time thing either. I somehow doubt mainstream America is ready for that. It's not quite as easy to overlook as Arnold's use of steroids, which were not illegal at the time. Politicians and the media aside, not many people care about steroids.
I think it's the whole idea of the the war against drugs, and what they say we can and can't put in our bodies.

AM07

Awards
  • Established
I couldn't care less what drugs Obama used. In fact, him using those drugs opened him up to another subculture, and he probably learned from his experiences, which almost always is a positive thing. I think all drugs should be legalized and let the idiots who can't control themselves OD and die off. But that's for another discussion.

Now Obama places himself above those in PA because they cling to guns and religion. I can imagine in a century from now, if things keep going the way they are moving, complete gun control, banning of handguns in 45 states, limited numbers of bullets one can buy in a set period of time, and 80% taxes. Whose with me?!?! Come on, we all know high taxes is a great thing for this country!!!!

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
It's true - rec drugs are villified in the public conscious far more than steroids for the most part. Marijuana seems to be (slightly) less so than it was in the 1980's and 1990's, but its still canon fodder for a media smear campaign.

I think it's the whole idea of the the war against drugs, and what they say we can and can't put in our bodies.
Yes, its total BS. And yet, as someone who claims to have used drugs in the past and claims to be a champion for those affected by poor policy in this country, he fully supports the 'War on Drugs' and even plans on dumping more money into this pathetic criminal violation of the Constitution:

http://stopthedrugwar.org/chronicle_blog/2007/aug/28/obama_what_new_orleans_needs_is_

That's the damn truth.

bv

joecski

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I couldn't care less what drugs Obama used. In fact, him using those drugs opened him up to another subculture, and he probably learned from his experiences, which almost always is a positive thing. I think all drugs should be legalized and let the idiots who can't control themselves OD and die off. But that's for another discussion.
I don't personally care about the drug issue either, but mainstream America is gonna get this story:

When McCain was a young man he was fighting for his country in Vietnam, being held as a POW, and never giving in to despair while being tortured to betray his country..

When Obama was a young man, he lost heart in the system and turned to drugs...

Who is America going to embrace???

Drug use is the least of my concerns, Obama's stance on guns, taxes, and just about every other policy is what repels me. However, wait and see what hits the front pages.

CryingEmo

CryingEmo

Awards
  • Established
I don't personally care about the drug issue either, but mainstream America is gonna get this story:

When McCain was a young man he was fighting for his country in Vietnam, being held as a POW, and never giving in to despair while being tortured to betray his country..

Drug use is the least of my concerns, Obama's stance on guns, taxes, and just about every other policy is what repels me. However, wait and see what hits the front pages.

I'm not thrilled with any canidate choice, but it's not about who you were, it's about who you are....now. Everything does stupid things when they are young.

IMO paying taxes doesn't bother me as long as they are going to be used for americans....in america, for legit reasons, infrastructure, even welfare if a person works full time but still has trouble.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

do you work for McCain:rofl:

In all honesty, none of the 3 are great choices, however when you think republicans wanted Bush over McCain in 2000,that says something

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
Obama's campaign keeps unraveling unfavorable information about him. By the time election day comes he will have already undone himself.

bigSMokey

bigSMokey

Awards
I hate to put it so crassly, but if Obama wins what's the over/under on time to assassination (or at least an attempt)?
Funny you should mention that. When he made those foolish remarks the other day, I immediately thought that maybe this guy's thinking a shot at being president isn't worth dying over.

Re:
"It's not surprising, then, they get bitter, they cling to guns or religion or antipathy to people who aren't like them or anti-immigrant sentiment or anti-trade sentiment as a way to explain their frustrations." -Barack Obama

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
At the time I thought Obama would win when I voted. However, I would probably be up for changing my vote at this point and saying McCain has a better chance at getting voted in.

AM07

Awards
  • Established
I'm not thrilled with any canidate choice, but it's not about who you were, it's about who you are....now. Everything does stupid things when they are young.

IMO paying taxes doesn't bother me as long as they are going to be used for americans....in america, for legit reasons, infrastructure, even welfare if a person works full time but still has trouble.
I think we can all agree that taxes is a necessary evil, especially in America. Without taxes, we wouldn't be able to take advantage of the many things we take for granted, such as roads, schools (debatable), etc. And I don't mind paying some taxes as long as it will help people get back on their feet in times of trouble. I think the welfare state is a good thing IF it works the way it's supposed to, which it does for many people. But many people also abuse the **** out of it. Also, you said you don't mind paying taxes if it helps Americans. But the Democrats want higher taxes so it can help the millions of illegals that live here in the U.S.! So how is that going back to Americans?