What's your COVID-19 gameplan?

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Anyone have any thoughts on supplements or things we do that could increase risk of complications from COVID-19? For example, overreaching/overtraining right now probably isn’t a great idea, and neither is a huge caloric deficit, but any supplements that could cause issues that we commonly use around here (stimulants, etc)?

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Anyone have any thoughts on supplements or things we do that could increase risk of complications from COVID-19? For example, overreaching/overtraining right now probably isn’t a great idea, and neither is a huge caloric deficit, but any supplements that could cause issues that we commonly use around here (stimulants, etc)?
the one thing I've heard is that advil and aleve will make it worse if you get it. they recommend Tylenol for fever, pain.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
the one thing I've heard is that advil and aleve will make it worse if you get it. they recommend Tylenol for fever, pain.
I’ve heard that too. I’ve also wondered if some things we take around here could exacerbate cytokine storm for example. We want a strong immune system, but not overactive.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
“Findings Among the elderly (age>65) COVID-19 patients with hypertension comorbidity, the risk of COVID-19-S (severe disease) was significantly decreased in patients who took ARB drugs prior to hospitalization compared to patients who took no drugs (OR=0.343, 95% CI 0.128-0.916, p=0.025). The meta-analysis showed that ARB use has positive effects associated with morbidity and mortality of pneumonia. Interpretation Elderly (age>65) COVID-19 patients with hypertension comorbidity who are taking ARB anti-hypertension drugs may be less likely to develop severe lung disease compared to patients who take no anti-hypertension drugs.”

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I wonder if foods high in nitrates would assist in this measure? (i.e., Beets; Dark Chocolate; Nuts; Garlic) The things you would normally take to help one's high blood pressure to alleviate hypertension.

ironkill

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I wonder if foods high in nitrates would assist in this measure? (i.e., Beets; Dark Chocolate; Nuts; Garlic) The things you would normally take to help one's high blood pressure to alleviate hypertension.
Yes, increasing nitric oxide in the body is something many are talking about

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
It probably isn't a horrible idea, maybe. I know nitric oxide has a big role in immunity and I know that a lot of bacteria/viruses actually cause an increase in the expression of arginase - the enzyme that breaks down arginine - which causes arginine depletion and can impair the immune system.

This gets pretty complicated though and nothing I say can be taken as fact in this realm (immunity) because I frankly have big holes in my knowledge and understanding.

For instance, I do understand that arginine seems to allow T cells (the immune cells that fight infections) to survive longer and thus do their job better. How does this play out in a cytokine storm? I'm not sure. From a surface view, I would think that could be a negative thing - an over active immune system often has too many T cells and making them last longer could mean an even larger increase in their presence.

However, from what little I know I would also throw out the hypothesis that having them last longer, and be more effective, means your body will produce less because it somehow knows they are working better. i.e. - if they are your only defense but they are dying quickly and not working very well, you just crank up production to compensate because you have no other choice - but if they are being effective, production can be more controlled.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Taking 3 grams of arginine ornithine split. 3x daily.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Taking 3 grams of arginine ornithine split. 3x daily.
Ornithine is an arginase inhibitor I believe so it should be a good combo. Norvaline could be something to look at too. Resveratrol as well...although that has the bioavailability issues.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Got Resveratrol. Take it daily too with my MACA.

2:1 ratio of Arginine to Ornithine.

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
Question fellas, since I have the supplement GURUS in one room here....

What fish oil supp do you guys recommend? For the proper amount of DHA/EPA

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer

I’m eating Salmon and Sardines.

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
Maybe I should just try to get enough from food....I like sardines

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I just get Bronson Triple Strength Fish Oil. It has high EPA/DHA and you can get it for a reasonable price.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I just get Bronson Triple Strength Fish Oil. It has high EPA/DHA and you can get it for a reasonable price.
I use Ocean Blue Professional Omega 3, also a really good price. 2 softgels has 1800mg of EPA/DHA.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote

So Trump is now shifting the blame to the WHO for their lack of action, despite himself actively saying it wasn't a big deal at the beginning? This makes me mad. He made a mistake by not acting fast enough and was quick to downplay the virus, but instead of accepting responsibility, he moves to shift blame.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

So Trump is now shifting the blame to the WHO for their lack of action, despite himself actively saying it wasn't a big deal at the beginning? This makes me mad. He made a mistake by not acting fast enough and was quick to downplay the virus, but instead of accepting responsibility, he moves to shift blame.
Could they both have been wrong though? I get that Trump likely will never admit that he was wrong, even if he was, but him being wrong doesn't mean that someone else wasn't also wrong.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Could they both have been wrong though? I get that Trump likely will never admit that he was wrong, even if he was, but him being wrong doesn't mean that someone else wasn't also wrong.
This is true.

Last edited:

user567

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Everyone including the loved Dr. Fauci completely blew it on this thing. But the WHO and China purposely misled the world on this virus. Saying in January that it couldnt be transmitted human to human. China knew in December it could.

People love to point the finger at 1 person like Trump and his big mouth makes him an easy target. Who in the other 180 countries are people pointing the finger at? Trump?

Its China who has blood on their hands and WHO is complicit in this as well

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Everyone including the loved Dr. Fauci completely blew it on this thing. But the WHO and China purposely misled the world on this virus. Saying in January that it couldnt be transmitted human to human. China knew in December it could.

People love to point the finger at 1 person like Trump and his big mouth makes him an easy target. Who in the other 180 countries are people pointing the finger at? Trump?

trump was right to put a freeze on payment to WHO until it gets it's chit together...too bad democrats won't back him on this to give a united front.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote

China lies, as they always do, but Trump did make a series of miscalculations in his statements to the public in the months preceding this point. He was slow to react. Period.

You can blame whoever else you want, but he also missed the mark.

But yeah, China lies. This shouldnt be a shock to anyone.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Tweets like this highlight how much he downplayed it at the beginning. And that's barely scratching the surface. It's barely 1 months later and its 600k+ cases and 35k deaths.

He can blame WHO all he likes. He knew by the time he tweeted this tweet how bad it was, but he still continued to play it down. That's on him, 100%.

images.jpeg-18.jpeg

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Tweets like this highlight how much he downplayed it at the beginning. And that's barely scratching the surface. It's barely 1 months later and its 600k+ cases and 35k deaths.

He can blame WHO all he likes. He knew by the time he tweeted this tweet how bad it was, but he still continued to play it down. That's on him, 100%.

View attachment 193176
That tweet didn't age well.

As of today.
5.1% mortality rate.

Also, Dr. Oz, his best buddy it seems is now saying
children should be going back to school very soon,
and a 2-3% mortality rate is acceptable losses of life?

What the hell are these people on?

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
That tweet didn't age well.

View attachment 193177

As of today.
5.1% mortality rate.

Also, Dr. Oz, his best buddy it seems is now saying
children should be going back to school very soon,
and a 2-3% mortality rate is acceptable losses of life?

What the hell are these people on?
I'm seeing a lot of people of the idea that 2-3% is acceptable compared to the economy dropping. We live in a world where people care more about money than saving lives lol

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Could the number of corona deaths be inaccurate because hospitals are now reporting any death as corona?

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Could the number of corona deaths be inaccurate because hospitals are now reporting any death as corona?
What does your source state the mortality rate currently is?

Where did you see that?

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Wuhan now also revised its death toll by 50%
See the bottom of this post: They raised the death toll by 50%!

50% is a large number.. and by that I mean, if the mortality rate is actually 2.5%
I'm not saying I agree with what is coming out of Wuhan because it was at least an accidental leak of an unknown strain of Conavirus they decided came from that marketplace in Wuhan.

I am having a difficult time believing it wasn't a lab worker (patient 0) that was careless and became infected, and then went to the market, or if that was complete fabrication (The market). Governments have a way of covering themselves with believable facsimile of the truth.

Even if the patient zero came from there or not, the fact is, this is a very large unknown and equal opponent to people not unlike the Spanish Flu which targeted under-developed immune systems such as was seen in younger people and left older folks to survive the infection. 679,000 Americans died (50m-200m worldwide), and I'm willing to consider a much higher number as this was recorded in 1918-. There was a fascinating show about it.

I can't locate the source of it but here is an interesting link to The History Channel.

Another video on Spanish Flu

EDIT:

Last edited:

ironkill

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
See the bottom of this post: They raised the death toll by 50%!

50% is a large number.. and by that I mean, if the mortality rate is actually 2.5%
I'm not saying I agree with what is coming out of Wuhan because it was at least an accidental leak of an unknown strain of Conavirus they decided came from that marketplace in Wuhan.

I am having a difficult time believing it wasn't a lab worker (patient 0) that was careless and became infected, and then went to the market, or if that was complete fabrication (The market). Governments have a way of covering themselves with believable facsimile of the truth.

Even if the patient zero came from there or not, the fact is, this is a very large unknown and equal opponent to people not unlike the Spanish Flu which targeted under-developed immune systems such as was seen in younger people and left older folks to survive the infection. 679,000 Americans died (50m-200m worldwide), and I'm willing to consider a much higher number as this was recorded in 1918-. There was a fascinating show about it.

I can't locate the source of it but here is an interesting link to The History Channel.

EDIT:
I am aware, that's why I posted it lol

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I am aware, that's why I posted it lol
Apologies. As of late on here, taking the opposing position has me feeling like a long-tailed cat at a rocking chair convention. Your post could have gone either way, so I am as well guilty of assuming the worst... I expected that number to have been adjusted 50% downward.

:)

ironkill

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Apologies. As of late on here, taking the opposing position has me feeling like a long-tailed cat at a rocking chair convention. Your post could have gone either way, so I am as well guilty of assuming the worst... I expected that number to have been adjusted 50% downward.

Haha all good brother

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Automobile Accidents / smoking deaths / swimming pool deaths / poverty... aren't contagious...
How much was he paid to say this drivel on television without a gag reflex? I must have overslept the day clown school was handing out doctorates like cotton candy.

"Dr."*Phil.

*He's holds a doctorate in Psychology but not licensed for even that.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

Olympian labs krill oil. Check out the dose of astaxanthin in their product as well.
Adjustments.JPG

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
trump was right to put a freeze on payment to WHO until it gets it's chit together...too bad democrats won't back him on this to give a united front.
Better not give any more of my money to the Wuhan Health Organization. Fuggin commies.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Better not give any more of my money to the Wuhan Health Organization. Fuggin commies.
So, you're quite upset that Donny is sending ventilators to Russia then?
See the timeline again about the WHO and Intelligence Agencies warning Trump about Covid 19, and him ignoring it.

You also realize the WHO does other things right? Let's just tie their hands behind their backs so more can die.
What state are you in? I hope they don't open too soon. Watch my links above to video about Spanish Flu.

Please stop being knee-jerk about this.
Russia is communist by the way. No friend of ours, and neither is China or N. Korea, or Iran, or Saudi Arabia for the matter, and they aren't all communists. Do you hate them too for other reasons? I can't keep track of what to hate for what reasons.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Automobile Accidents / smoking deaths / swimming pool deaths / poverty... aren't contagious...
How much was he paid to say this drivel on television without a gag reflex? I must have overslept the day clown school was handing out doctorates like cotton candy.

"Dr."*Phil.

*He's holds a doctorate in Psychology but not licensed for even that.
Not contagious and don’t increase exponentially if left unchecked. And it’s unlikely we’ll have a “solution” or even much better treatment for them in the near future like we hopefully will for this virus.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
You wanna link a source for that bud?
Me?

Just google it.
Pick your favorite source.

They don't need our ventilators it would appear.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
See the timeline again about the WHO and Intelligence Agencies warning Trump about Covid 19, and him ignoring it.

You also realize the WHO does other things right? Let's just tie their hands behind their backs so more can die.
What state are you in? I hope they don't open too soon. Watch my links above to video about Spanish Flu.

Russia is communist by the way. No friend of ours, and neither is China or N. Korea, or Iran, or Saudi Arabia for the matter, and they aren't all communists. Do you hate them too for other reasons? I can't keep track of what to hate for what reasons.
Wasn’t it Jan 24 or 29 that WUhan Health Org said human to human transmission not possible? Patient zero was in November (or sooner???). So they are either incompetent at best or liars because they are in bed with China. Pick your poison. Either way pull the plug as they are criminal by any account. This is common sense here. WHO does other things sure. Does that justify this? Fahk no. Time to pay the piper.

Don’t worry, fearless leader Polis is going to try to keep this state shut down as long as possible, same as every other blue state. He’s already trying to make a pact with surrounding states the same way the Left coast did and how Cumho is as well.

Do you not hate countries/regimes that oppress/enslave their own people, blatantly kill their own people? This should be universal regardless of political opinion. They are evil. The end.

I can only imagine America right now if Hillary or Obama was in this episode. Martial law, race war, obliteration of rights, probably send a few pallets of cash to Chi-na.... and that would only be the surface. I suppose it would be exactly what they want in the end. Brain dead masses being spoon fed shite.

user567

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
China lies, as they always do, but Trump did make a series of miscalculations in his statements to the public in the months preceding this point. He was slow to react. Period.

You can blame whoever else you want, but he also missed the mark.
Hence the word everyone in my post

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Me?

Just google it.
Pick your favorite source.

They don't need our ventilators it would appear.

View attachment 193183

Why’d you quote me? I asked for a source from tuna who was claiming that ALL deaths in hospitals are being reported as COVID deaths.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Why’d you quote me? I asked for a source from tuna who was claiming that ALL deaths in hospitals are being reported as COVID deaths.
You gotta quote them in your response my man. You got me with my belt on and pants falling down. :p
This is all I saw:

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote

please refer to him as PRESIDENT TRUMP!!!

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Trumpty Dumpty is flippin out on the twitters.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote

Trumpty Dumpty is flippin out on the twitters.
in a crisis all you can think of is your hatred of trump?
do you hate all trump supporters as well?