What's the best thing to look for when searching for a TRT doc?

StarScream66

StarScream66

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
I read the sticky about searching for a new doc, and they actually had one listed in my area, but it looks like the DoJ shut them down awhile back.

So, I've heard there are "legit" TRT places that will look at all your blood work, medical history, etc and prescribe you a dose of what you're lacking in, which I generally presume to be about 200mg/test per week, and sort of semi-legit places that will basically prescribe you anything you want.

How can you tell the differences between these two? Is checking the Better Business Bureau about the firm a good place to start? Is there any sort of state medical licensing check you can do on these places to see if they have had any complaints against them?

What I'm really aiming for is 200-400mg of test a week and I would like to try Semoralin for a GH boost.

Any comments/critiques/suggestions are welcome!
Thanks in advance,
-SS

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Look for an integrative medicine practice in your area. You can also talk to a pharmacist and see if they will tell you dr’s in the area that prescribe test. Unfortunately it can be trial and error.

As far as the amount of test you’re wanting...200-400 mgs is a small cycle not TRT. Most guys start with 100 mgs per week and adjust from there. There are a few that need close to 200 but 400 mgs for TRT is not realistic.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I know a 'wellness clinic' near me where bodybuilders go to.
You need to do a search for places like that near you.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Look for an integrative medicine practice in your area. You can also talk to a pharmacist and see if they will tell you dr’s in the area that prescribe test. Unfortunately it can be trial and error.

As far as the amount of test you’re wanting...200-400 mgs is a small cycle not TRT. Most guys start with 100 mgs per week and adjust from there. There are a few that need close to 200 but 400 mgs for TRT is not realistic.
This is the best route if possible. They will treat you as a "whole" and not focus on just selling you test. Though I suspect if OP is looking for test doses in that range, they are not looking for actual TRT unless they really just don't have knowledge in this area.

StarScream66

StarScream66

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
I've called around to a few TRT centers and only one said they would still prescribe if my tests were in range. A few offered peptides, but I don't know what a "integrative medicine practice" is. What would I search for if I was looking for something like that?

I'm honestly just expecting 200mg of test cyp every 2 weeks. I'd like to use semoralin, which a few places offered.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So a few things- don't go into this "expecting" anything other than addressing whatever symptoms you are dealing with. You don't chase arbitrary numbers and don't follow a cookie cutter protocol. Your doc should work with you to take all necessary labs, which should include a CBC w/lipids and a full hormone panel- preferably at 2 different times to see if there is consistency.

Secondly, you absolutely, without question, do NOT want 200mg every 2 weeks. That is a horrible protocol and destined for a bad time. At minimum, if prescribed a long ester, you want 1 time weekly- generally starting around 100mg. No adjuncts like HCG or an AI to start. Get a baseline and determine if anything else is needed- it usually is not.

Third, I assume you mean sermorelin- which is a GH peptide, not TRT.

Fiurth, you really should do some homework because it is clear that you haven't really looked into this and a clinic is going to take you for a ride. They will load you up on unnecessary things and charge you for it. Then in 6 months you will wonder why you feel like **** and your wallet is thin. Do your own homework.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Do your research, semorelin and ipamorelin are similar but complement one another.
There is also tesamorelin which is rediculously expensive and the dose is prohibitive unless you have $$$.
They have fewer sides than GHRP2 and GHRP6 with CJC Dac

I find the topic of various peptides fascinating.

A combination if needed of TRT and peptide therapy would be pretty incredible for the body and quite beneficial.

- Skin
- Hair
- Energy
- Fat loss
- Healing
- Muscularity
- Sense of well being

It's kind of like turning back the hands of time.

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I've called around to a few TRT centers and only one said they would still prescribe if my tests were in range. A few offered peptides, but I don't know what a "integrative medicine practice" is. What would I search for if I was looking for something like that?

I'm honestly just expecting 200mg of test cyp every 2 weeks. I'd like to use semoralin, which a few places offered.
Pinning every two weeks is old school out dated protocol. You need no less than weekly injections, multiple weekly injections are even better for most guys.

TRT research isn’t easy. You have to dig around.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote

will insurance pay for a 'trt center'?

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
will insurance pay for a 'trt center'?
No sir, those are Boutique TRT centers usually. Those that offer peptide and 'other' hormonal therapies.
They are out of pocket only. I've done some real searching for them, and unfortunately insurance companies suck.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
No sir, those are Boutique TRT centers usually. Those that offer peptide and 'other' hormonal therapies.
They are out of pocket only. I've done some real searching for them, and unfortunately insurance companies suck.
I would hate to see someone be loaded up on stuff from one of those clinics, then have the floor drop out from under them financially.

I get just the basic trt, 100mg weekly injection. something I could easily afford out of pocket if needed.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I would hate to see someone be loaded up on stuff from one of those clinics, then have the floor drop out from under them financially.

I get just the basic trt, 100mg weekly injection. something I could easily afford out of pocket if needed.
For sure.

StarScream66

StarScream66

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
So a few things- don't go into this "expecting" anything other than addressing whatever symptoms you are dealing with. You don't chase arbitrary numbers and don't follow a cookie cutter protocol. Your doc should work with you to take all necessary labs, which should include a CBC w/lipids and a full hormone panel- preferably at 2 different times to see if there is consistency.

Secondly, you absolutely, without question, do NOT want 200mg every 2 weeks. That is a horrible protocol and destined for a bad time. At minimum, if prescribed a long ester, you want 1 time weekly- generally starting around 100mg. No adjuncts like HCG or an AI to start. Get a baseline and determine if anything else is needed- it usually is not.

Third, I assume you mean sermorelin- which is a GH peptide, not TRT.
Right, I know I need all the bloodwork and everything and I know semorelin is a GH peptide. But I've done a lot of research about it and it sounds really good, IMO, although a lot of the people on this forum have a negative opinion of it for some reason.

Fiurth, you really should do some homework because it is clear that you haven't really looked into this and a clinic is going to take you for a ride. They will load you up on unnecessary things and charge you for it. Then in 6 months you will wonder why you feel like **** and your wallet is thin. Do your own homework.
Just for reference, I've done countless AAS, SARM, PH cycles and etc, so this isn't my first rodeo. But, I'm just wanting to do it with legit Rx human grade hormones, instead of homebrews.

I'm on here, doing homework by asking for advice. I essentially called around to all my local TRT centers and asked them
A) Do you prescribe test even if it's within normal range
B) What's the cost
C) Do you also prescribe peptides.

Only one of them told me they prescribe even if it's in range and it was $60 every 2 weeks or they can put some kind of slow release pellets in you (sort of like old school Finaplix tablets for cattle, I guess - I haven't heard of this). Everyone else wouldn't prescribe if my levels were in range. I have no idea what my levels are now, I had to skip my last physical from my doc because of this whole global pandemic thing.

Do your research, semorelin and ipamorelin are similar but complement one another.
There is also tesamorelin which is rediculously expensive and the dose is prohibitive unless you have $$$.
They have fewer sides than GHRP2 and GHRP6 with CJC Dac
I've looked at all that stuff on the black market and it seemed really expensive and you needed daily shots. Where as semorelin was weekly and sounded like it had all the benefits of good ole' GH.

A combination if needed of TRT and peptide therapy would be pretty incredible for the body and quite beneficial.

- Skin
- Hair
- Energy
- Fat loss
- Healing
- Muscularity
- Sense of well being

It's kind of like turning back the hands of time.
One of the main reasons I wanted to start on TRT was because I suffer from depression, and I've tried a variety of different things, and I'm finally on a protocol that works for me, but I think TRT would be great as an adjunct therapy.

Pinning every two weeks is old school out dated protocol. You need no less than weekly injections, multiple weekly injections are even better for most guys.

TRT research isn’t easy. You have to dig around.
For you guys telling me to do my homework, if you have any suggestions as to where to start, let me know. There are so many TRT clinics out there and only a limited number in my area, which is why I'm asking here for advice. I know there are tons of online clinics too, but I'm a little bit hesitant about using them. I'd rather do it in person.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Semorelin and Ipamorelin are daily not weekly. CJC Dac < Weekly and CJC no DAC > daily.
You can get this prescribed, and probably online as there are online TRT / Wellness Clinics as well.

You don't need to go in your area.
Also, maybe an Endocrinologist can be recommended by your General Practitioner?

StarScream66

StarScream66

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Semorelin and Ipamorelin are daily not weekly. CJC Dac < Weekly and CJC no DAC > daily.
You can get this prescribed, and probably online as there are online TRT / Wellness Clinics as well.
So, you think online is a better option than finding a doc/clinic locally?

What I've heard and researched about semorelin (I haven't looked into Ipamorelin) shows that weekly doses work fine, and that's generally how it's prescribed.

You don't need to go in your area.
Also, maybe an Endocrinologist can be recommended by your General Practitioner?
I actually asked him to do this, but he never got around to it or there was some miscommunication. I also need to get my cholesterol levels down before I start, because I know test is going to boost my HDL and it's already high. I'm on a diet right now as we speak and working on taking in less saturated fat and using some supplements like NOW Cholesterol Support, but since the pandemic is going on I haven't been able to get blood work done, so I don't know how I'm progressing.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
So, you think online is a better option than finding a doc/clinic locally?

What I've heard and researched about semorelin (I haven't looked into Ipamorelin) shows that weekly doses work fine, and that's generally how it's prescribed.

I actually asked him to do this, but he never got around to it or there was some miscommunication. I also need to get my cholesterol levels down before I start, because I know test is going to boost my HDL and it's already high. I'm on a diet right now as we speak and working on taking in less saturated fat and using some supplements like NOW Cholesterol Support, but since the pandemic is going on I haven't been able to get blood work done, so I don't know how I'm progressing.
No. I said, if you can't find one in your area, then online is an option.
Local is not your only option. That's all.

HDL = Good
LDL = Bad

GW501516 Helps with lipids I have read.

Why would it be prescribed weekly? CJC DAC is a weekly injection.
I'm open to the reason why, as I'm not sure myself.

I've also seen them combined in a blend: Semorelin / Ipamorelin which led me to believe it's daily.

From the link you provided has me scratching my head:
"DOSAGE AND ADMINISTRATION
A dosage of 0.2 - 0.3 mcg once daily at bedtime by subcutaneous injection is recommended. It is also recommended that subcutaneous injection sites be periodically rotated."

.2-.3 mcg?
Do they mean 200-300mcg? because 2/10 of a microgram is nothing.