Unanswered What's everyones fat intake?

bell1986

bell1986

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Over the last few month i have been trying to focus on adding "Healthy" fats to my diet.

I have been very picky with fats for some reason?. I believe they have a ton of health benefits and in general are a needed macronutrient for overall health and wellbeing.

I eat proteins from all the classic sources.. All poultry ' Eggs' Dairy etc. Just the usual tbh

Where as fats.

I am very choosey. I'm not sure if it's actually an overall benefit? I intake 3200-3500 calories a day and i have my fat intake around 85-105g a day.

I base my fats on their benefit. Ie i make sure to get 3g of combined EPA DHA each day. I have a combo of medium and long chain fats. I just use coconut oil for quick easy digesting fats. I stay away from seed oils and i usually stay away from nut butters as well. I live on a farm and have an endless supply of eggs (As free range as an egg could be) so i include 2-3 eggs daily. I also buy grass fed butter from the local farm also and i use grass fed Ghee also. I also have access to Raw cows milk (Dairy next door) i don't consume pasteurised milk at all nowadays. I sometimes consume 90% cacao chocolate if i want something bitter/sweet. I buy Parmigianno Reggiano cheese also as i think this is one of the only grass fed fermented cheeses these days.

Do you think making these changes will actually be of a benefit? Do you think 85-105g is enough daily? Is the extra £££ gonna be worth it in the long run?

I have noticed if i get my Vitamin A from cod liver that my skin is in perfect condition. If i use the likes of sweet potato (Which is touted very high in Vitamin A (Beta Carotene)) my skin remains blotchy and i get more spots appearing so i know an animal vitamin A source for me is so much better.

Do you think incorporating only healthier fats is a decent choice? I don't mind forking out extra £££ for quality.

Just wondered what everyone else does for their fat sources or if anyone ia picky with these choices?

Thanks!

ItalOne

ItalOne

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
Just on TRT right now and vegetarian.
Pro - 200g
Carbs - 150g
Fat -120 -140g
Sugars 20-30g
I eat 6-8 whole eggs everyday
Avocado oil
Cheese
Nut butter$ 6-8 Tbls every day
Avocado
Whole milk Greek yogurt
Hemp seeds

Last edited:
bell1986

bell1986

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Pro - 200g
Carbs - 150g
Fat -120 -140g
Sugars 20-30g
I eat 6-8 whole eggs everyday
Avocado oil
Cheese
Nut butter$ 6-8 Tbls every day
Avocado
Whole milk Greek yogurt
Hemp seeds
You focus in on healthier fat options to?

I thought i might have been overkill with forking out the extra £££,$$$ for these.

Though i have noticed a difference in my overall health. Especially my skin.. So far i am saying it has been beneficial

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
If you feel it’s giving you benefits then only you can say if that benefit is worth the money...

That’s plenty of fat, you could eat more if you prefer but as long as you get .3g per pound you should be hitting your minimum.

Considering the decent bit of fat that comes from protein sources I tend to focus on things other than saturated sources when adding more to meals/diet.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I do around 40-60g year-round. Suits me better
I get bloated, gassy, and have lack luster workouts on a higher fat diet.
No point trying to train, improve, or beat the logbook if your workouts are subpar.
Ive tried anything you can think of.... Keto, high fat and higher protein and lower carb, high carb low fat, carb cycling. Just sticking to around 40-60g of fat, then varying my carb intake on my goal has treated me the best over the years

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
My maintenance is 3000 cal. Of that, about 150-200g is fat, primarily mono.

I've found after a lot of experimenting over the years, that I generally feel better and look better when I eat a lower carb, and higher fat diet. I keep my protein at a pedestrian level getting in about 1g per lb regardless of my workouts or activity level. I don't have any crash and generally look leaner but maintaining all muscle mass.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Pro - 200g
Carbs - 150g
Fat -120 -140g
Sugars 20-30g
My maintenance is 3000 cal. Of that, about 150-200g is fat, primarily mono.

I've found after a lot of experimenting over the years, that I generally feel better and look better when I eat a lower carb, and higher fat diet. I keep my protein at a pedestrian level getting in about 1g per lb regardless of my workouts or activity level. I don't have any crash and generally look leaner but maintaining all muscle mass.
To echo both of these, keto or not, I keep my fat intake above 100g, 150g for keto or more, and carbs usually no more than 150g (unless keto of course). Keeping my fat high helps stabilize my blood sugar and keeps me leaner. When my carbs go too high, I start feeling lethargic. I’ve been experimenting with zero carb breakfasts regardless of intake later in the day and really enjoying it. Carbs in the morning are a no go for me.