Unanswered What types of products or ingredients would you like to see from us?

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Here is mentality as a consumer which is hopefully beneficial for you on the business side, of course this is just my personal thoughts.

I like Forskolin but to my knowledge, its bang for your buck isn't necessarily high up though its really hard to gauge with most things. Just on my personal list its a decent/good product but not high on my purchase priority.
I also get some stomach discomfort when taking it at times, though not as much as I had gotten a bit more used to it. Of course taking it close to food helped reduce the problem but at the same time I thought I read it was more beneficial away from food so its kind of a lose lose situation. Efficiency vs comfort. Since I don't like the discomfort I also read that using a higher % extract with a lower overall dose was the better option for dealing with the discomfort.

So for me I get stuck in a pickle. I only will purchase the higher extracts to avoid the discomfort, but my personal value on the product is generally not high enough to purchase it while still making it reasonable it seems for a business to sell it =/.

Pairing it with other products, in my opinion, that maybe are harder to find in single ingredient forms may beneficial to create a purchasable combo for some. I tend to use forskolin as a priority more so when cutting and less of a priority when bulking (I tend to always "try" to lean bulk aka 250cal daily surplus).

Think I wrote more information than necessary, my bad. P.s. I totally understand your point on the business side of it.
I always appreciate the information and insight.

I agree with your assessments. Let me expand on them to say that - the problem then becomes that it is such as expensive ingredient compared to others on a one on one basis that if using it in a formula, a company has to decide whether they want to use this one ingredient or possible 2 to 3 others that don't possibly cause stomach discomfort and that people like as well.

Mike Arnold

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
PLCAR - it didn't sell well at all and is a nightmare for contract manufacturers to make as a single ingredient because it's so sticky on the machinery so we had to run larger size production runs to make it worth it to them and the sales just didn't support it.

Interesting ideas. I'll look into some of these when I have time.

HICA caps are something I debated on for a long time. We may look into that one, but there's also an upcoming release that may have HICA in it with a couple other things so will likely hold off until after that because it may knock out the demand for it as a single ingredient.

As someone who loves B-Triol in a topical, I never felt like I got anywhere near the response from the oral form you mentioned that I did the topical. Did you try it?

I have tried it at different dosages and I think 50 mg. to 100 mg. is the way to go honestly. I've seen research on it as low as 50 mg. per day and then at higher dosing but based on the way it makes me feel personally, I wouldn't ever be able to take the 300 to 400 mg. like in the post mentioned below.

Touched on this above but wanted to acknowledge it. I've tried it as a single ingredient and I couldn't imagine taking that dose myself. Some of the studies I've seen went as low as 50 mg. per day on the dosing with good results and then I did see some that went higher.

There are unfortunately companies that do do that - that are more about the marketing and money than customers and real results. It's unfortunate; and what's even more unfortunate is that most of the time they are the ones that are the most profitable because more margin based on using the lower dosing = more money to spend on marketing.

But on a happy note, that's not what we do and that's what this thread is about :)
Se bold above: Yes, sir. The most profitable companies have the least effective products due to their massive profit margins.

Mike Arnold

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Yes, very much so. Huge minimum orders and low profit margins.

VPX and Cellucor both had huge distribution networks before launching theirs. VPX for example, even though Redline wasn't nearly as wildly successful as Bang, it was still very popular and widely sold.

Thank you for the kind words on Focus XT. I so wish we could do something like a carbonated drink version but unfortunately we don't have the distribution network or the ability to do such a huge production run. Plus, you can only have a certain amount of grams of active ingredients in a product like that for stability purposes and the Focus XT dosage exceeds that by a long shot. If it were to ever happen, we would have to scale back the dosage pretty substantially for it; which even if we cut most of the actives in half it would still be very solid for that class of products.

One last thing and this is something that we get a lot - people expect the energy drink world to be so loaded with caffeine now days. We get asked all the time if we're going to do a version of Focus XT with more caffeine or add more caffeine to the formula. Caffeine is synergistic with nootropics in that it helps enhance the effects of other nootropics but if you go with caffeine overload with them, you may negate the actual focus benefits by overdoing it. That's why we dose the caffeine where we do - because you can always add more caffeine if you want more. And plus, Focus XT is meant to appeal to such a wide variety of people and so many people in the mainstream general public want to drink it along with their morning tea or coffee and aren't willing to give up their morning tea or coffee and didn't want to feel like they have to give that up to use Focus XT. I hope that makes sense.
I like the fact that this guy tells the truth. There's not many company owners who are willing to go on the boards and tell the truth, especially when confronted with unpopular positions.

Guys, marketing, unfortunately, often makes or breaks a product. There is one particular company out there with a wildly successful product...and which is marketed as a "whole food" meal replacement product. When looking at the ingredient profile, it appears it contains a wide variety of whole protein sources, whole complex carbs, fruits and even some vegetables. But...the truth is that if you knew what it was really comprised of, you probably wouldn't want to use it as part of your nutrition program even if you got it for free, let alone pay for it. Because they use a proprietary blend (there is a reason basically ALL whole food products use proprietary blends), they can put as much or as little of each ingredient in the product as they want. In reality, 95% of the product is nothing but oats and ground up bones, tendons, and ligaments....and it will cost you about $50. The 1st protein source listed (beef protein isolate) comprises 90% of the total "protein" in the bottle. However, unlike whey, casein or egg, beef protein isolate is nothing but gelatin, which means it is derived from bones, tendons and ligaments. There is absolutely ZERO beef flesh (i.e. muscle) in this stuff. Even worse, the bioavailability is absolutely horrid. It is an incomplete protein source with a terrible amino acid profile, essentially making it is worthless for muscle building. You would be better off going and buying yourself a bucket of Jello, as it not only contains the same thing (e.g. gelatin), but it tastes better too!

A big ole' pile of ground up bones sounds great, right? It better, because this is what you are paying for when you spend $50 on this stuff. And make no mistake, about 90% of the protein in this product comes directly from beef protein isolate . Why? Simple. It is the cheapest protein source on the market. Aside from that, you get a bunch of oats. While oats are fine, do you really think a 5 lb. bucket of oats is worth $50?

As for the fruits and vegetables within the product, you are receiving a literal dusting in each serving. The quantities provided is so small that they are meaningless, but it looks good on the label, right? It makes you feel like you are eating sonmething healthy, right? That's the whole point--exactly what they are trying to accomplish through deceptive marketing...and many fall for it.

Marketing is a powerful tool...and the companies who strive to use the best (and properly dosed) ingredients almost always end up making the least amount of money...simply because their profit margins won't allow them to make the big dollars. In almost all cases, the big companies everyone knows about and which you see in retail stores, are the ones selling overpriced garbage. They sell $5-$8 products for $60...and then market them so successfully that they are able to get away with it over and over again. You will never see a product with a $36 production cost selling for $60 (like Vicaine), as they expect profit margins in the 400%-1,000% range. Many of the people who buy mainstream supps would feel ill if they knew how badly they were overpaying for their products.

Anyway, it's nice to see other company owners posting the truth about this stuff.

Last edited:

Kal2435

Awards
Someone refresh my memory on C3G - is there research showing that it needs to be a branded version or is generic okay on this? If I remember correctly (its been a long time since I've researched it and honestly won't have time to in next couple weeks) the studies were on regular extracts and then some companies just put a (TM) on fancy names of it.

I remember looking into this a few years ago and the pricing at that time was insane.
I have never seen any research on a branded version being better, however I know bio-availability/absorption is a concern as it is with most anthocyanins.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I have never seen any research on a branded version being better, however I know bio-availability/absorption is a concern as it is with most anthocyanins.
I did some refreshing on this and I agree. There seem to be 5% and 10% extracts available most commonly. When you were talking about dosages, were you saying that's what you were hoping for total or active? I'm noticing some companies are making out like they are providing x dosage of C3G when they are really providing x dosage of ____ std. down for 5% to 10% C3G (most likely because its on the expensive side).

Cheeky Monkey

Cheeky Monkey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I like the fact that this guy tells the truth. There's not many company owners who are willing to go on the boards and tell the truth, especially when confronted with unpopular positions.

Guys, marketing, unfortunately, often makes or breaks a product. There is one particular company out there with a wildly successful product...and which is marketed as a "whole food" meal replacement product. When looking at the ingredient profile, it appears it contains a wide variety of whole protein sources, whole complex carbs, fruits and even some vegetables. But...the truth is that if you knew what it was really comprised of, you probably wouldn't want to use it as part of your nutrition program even if you got it for free, let alone pay for it. Because they use a proprietary blend (there is a reason basically ALL whole food products use proprietary blends), they can put as much or as little of each ingredient in the product as they want. In reality, 95% of the product is nothing but oats and ground up bones, tendons, and ligaments....and it will cost you about $50. The 1st protein source listed (beef protein isolate) comprises 90% of the total "protein" in the bottle. However, unlike whey, casein or egg, beef protein isolate is nothing but gelatin, which means it is derived from bones, tendons and ligaments. There is absolutely ZERO beef flesh (i.e. muscle) in this stuff. Even worse, the bioavailability is absolutely horrid. It is an incomplete protein source with a terrible amino acid profile, essentially making it is worthless for muscle building. You would be better off going and buying yourself a bucket of Jello, as it not only contains the same thing (e.g. gelatin), but it tastes better too!

A big ole' pile of ground up bones sounds great, right? It better, because this is what you are paying for when you spend $50 on this stuff. And make no mistake, about 90% of the protein in this product comes directly from beef protein isolate . Why? Simple. It is the cheapest protein source on the market. Aside from that, you get a bunch of oats. While oats are fine, do you really think a 5 lb. bucket of oats is worth $50?

As for the fruits and vegetables within the product, you are receiving a literal dusting in each serving. The quantities provided is so small that they are meaningless, but it looks good on the label, right? It makes you feel like you are eating sonmething healthy, right? That's the whole point--exactly what they are trying to accomplish through deceptive marketing...and many fall for it.

Marketing is a powerful tool...and the companies who strive to use the best (and properly dosed) ingredients almost always end up making the least amount of money...simply because their profit margins won't allow them to make the big dollars. In almost all cases, the big companies everyone knows about and which you see in retail stores, are the ones selling overpriced garbage. They sell $5-$8 products for $60...and then market them so successfully that they are able to get away with it over and over again. You will never see a product with a $36 production cost selling for $60 (like Vicaine), as they expect profit margins in the 400%-1,000% range. Many of the people who buy mainstream supps would feel ill if they knew how badly they were overpaying for their products.

Anyway, it's nice to see other company owners posting the truth about this stuff.
What about having COAs? As a consumer, I can say for sure that regardless of efficacy, I'll be more much more inclined to buy supps from a company that provides COAs vs one that doesn't. Because ultimately if the product doesn't work, then I have nothing to complain about.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
What about having COAs? As a consumer, I can say for sure that regardless of efficacy, I'll be more much more inclined to buy supps from a company that provides COAs vs one that doesn't. Because ultimately if the product doesn't work, then I have nothing to complain about.
Raw material supplier COA’s aren’t worth the paper they’re printed on. Of course a supplier is going to tell you their ingredient is good. Unfortunately many well intentioned companies do fall for that.

(Plus that doesn’t ensure that that’s what they’re even putting in finished products.)

Trustworthy companies are going to have their own GMP guidelines and testing policies and use GMP facilities that have their own as well.

As someone whose been in this industry a long time, I don’t trust many companies and the ones I do trust or don’t trust would surprise a lot of ppl.

alvin1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Pine Pollen would be a nice addition, maybe in tincture.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Pine Pollen would be a nice addition, maybe in tincture.
Pine pollen I could see doing. A tincture I couldn’t bc liquid is a shipping nightmare and most of our retailers have no interest in shipping liquids either. Plus, I’m not aware of any reason not to go with capsules on that? Why were you thinking tincture?

alvin1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I read that tincture is best for hormonal increase, compare to powder. But I am find with powder also.

Cheeky Monkey

Cheeky Monkey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I read that tincture is best for hormonal increase, compare to powder. But I am find with powder also.
I tried pine pollen powder (cracked cell wall) from The Right Herb company and didn't notice any results at all.

alvin1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I am on it for the second time, and it blow my mind on how it is effective for me. Mood. libido, pump, energie, increase hunger, better joint (anti inflamatory) and the powder can be found really cheap.

the first time I use pine pollen I was also using Anabol-5 from nutrex and I taugh these effect were because of the Anabol-5. Now I just added it and the benefit seem to be comming from the pine pollen

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I know this is a boring suggestion, but I SNS multivitamin would be good. Something similar to USP Labs multivitamin product. That was a good product.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
How’s that EAA + Carb product coming?

Basically just take IntraBlast + HBCD or Karbolyn and put it in one product and we’ll be happy :)
I mean this with all due respect - I'm not knocking the product at all - I'm just not as big of a fan of that as some people are. For me, I would prefer 50% BCAA's and 50% Amino9; the Glutamine content is fine; but I feel that Betaine Anhydrous is a great product but needs to be used daily and isn't an ideal fit for a EAA; and I feel there are better options than OKG.

In my own personal fantasy land, my ideal product would be 10 grams (5 grams 2:1:1 BCAA's; 5 grams Amino9) + 5 grams Glutamine/Alanine + 2 grams Citrulline + 1 to 2 grams Taurine + S7 + maybe Actigin + maybe AstraGin.

I also love the premise of LOLA in an amino product but think that its not popular enough to justify the cost.

I love HBCD personally.

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I mean this with all due respect - I'm not knocking the product at all - I'm just not as big of a fan of that as some people are. For me, I would prefer 50% BCAA's and 50% Amino9; the Glutamine content is fine; but I feel that Betaine Anhydrous is a great product but needs to be used daily and isn't an ideal fit for a EAA; and I feel there are better options than OKG.

In my own personal fantasy land, my ideal product would be 10 grams (5 grams 2:1:1 BCAA's; 5 grams Amino9) + 5 grams Glutamine/Alanine + 2 grams Citrulline + 1 to 2 grams Taurine + S7 + maybe Actigin + maybe AstraGin.

I also love the premise of LOLA in an amino product but think that its not popular enough to justify the cost.

I love HBCD personally.
Because I workout first thing in the morning, my ideal would probably be:

50g HBCD
15g EAA’s
Electrolyte mix
Bioavailable B-Vitamins
5g Creapure
5g Glutamine
3g Taurine
3g LCLT
3g Betaine
3g Peak02
1g Agmatine
500mg Tart Cherry
400mg Lemom Verbena
50mg Actigin
50mg Astragin

Kitchen sink approach to performance + recovery. Would go great with Anabolic Effect pre workout.

I’m sure this would be super cheap...

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar

I love HBCD personally.
I still like Betaine acutely in this window, but I respect that. I like the overall look of what you’ve proposed though! I’d buy that in a heartbeat.

I also like a little different ratio of EAAs than adding amino9 to BCAAs (just since amino9 already has the BCAAs I’d prefer more of the other essentials), but that’s probably one of those mental overthinking rather than actual benefits kind of scenarios.

I like high dose Ornithine, but my training is probably different than others and the doses I like due seem to make formulas more expensive. Maybe an amino formula then a carb + training booster like high dosed LOLA + HBCD/special carb + ActiGin + maybe some other goodies?

50g HBCD
15g EAA’s
Electrolyte mix
Bioavailable B-Vitamins
5g Creapure
5g Glutamine
3g Taurine
3g LCLT
3g Betaine
3g Peak02
1g Agmatine
500mg Tart Cherry
400mg Lemom Verbena
50mg Actigin
50mg Astragin

Kitchen sink approach to performance + recovery. Would go great with Anabolic Effect pre workout.

So basically we just need SNS to get that daily ergogenic product named and produced!

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer

50g HBCD
15g EAA’s
Electrolyte mix
Bioavailable B-Vitamins
5g Creapure
5g Glutamine
3g Taurine
3g LCLT
3g Betaine
3g Peak02
1g Agmatine
500mg Tart Cherry
400mg Lemom Verbena
50mg Actigin
50mg Astragin

haha you and I have very different ideas of "cheap" ;)

dukes3577

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I am on it for the second time, and it blow my mind on how it is effective for me. Mood. libido, pump, energie, increase hunger, better joint (anti inflamatory) and the powder can be found really cheap.

the first time I use pine pollen I was also using Anabol-5 from nutrex and I taugh these effect were because of the Anabol-5. Now I just added it and the benefit seem to be comming from the pine pollen

dukes3577

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Oops! Actually just started looking into the recently. What brand are you taking?

Raw Dog

Raw Dog

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

50g HBCD
15g EAA’s
Electrolyte mix
Bioavailable B-Vitamins
5g Creapure
5g Glutamine
3g Taurine
3g LCLT
3g Betaine
3g Peak02
1g Agmatine
500mg Tart Cherry
400mg Lemom Verbena
50mg Actigin
50mg Astragin

Leave out the hbcd and I’d gladly pay a pretty penny for this, too bad there’s probably not much of a market considering it would most likely be $3 per serving maybe even a bit more.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Leave out the hbcd and I’d gladly pay a pretty penny for this, too bad there’s probably not much of a market considering it would most likely be $3 per serving maybe even a bit more.
I love HBCD but if we did one like this odds are we would do a couple flavors without hbcd and then maybe 1 flavor with it to see how it sells. Hbcd is awesome but a lot of people don’t understand it.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I love HBCD but if we did one like this odds are we would do a couple flavors without hbcd and then maybe 1 flavor with it to see how it sells. Hbcd is awesome but a lot of people don’t understand it.
and I think theres a much bigger "low calorie" market for the general public that a product like this could reach

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
That’s why SNS would just have to offer it in like 100 serving tubs to get that price down to $2/serving.

Imaging how large that container would be lol

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
That’s why SNS would just have to offer it in like 100 serving tubs to get that price down to $2/serving.

haha 10lb buckets coming at ya

Raw Dog

Raw Dog

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I’ve enjoyed it myself, just being selfish with the formula because of keto. I am thinking of giving TKD a try, but HBCD wouldn’t really be ideal for this. Probably just going to use smarties candy as my carb source since they are essentially pure dextrose and cheaper than pure dextrose.

That said I can see why hbcd would make the formula better for pretty much anyone else. Would probably make flavoring easier as well

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I’ve enjoyed it myself, just being selfish with the formula because of keto. I am thinking of giving TKD a try, but HBCD wouldn’t really be ideal for this. Probably just going to use smarties candy as my carb source since they are essentially pure dextrose and cheaper than pure dextrose.

That said I can see why hbcd would make the formula better for pretty much anyone else. Would probably make flavoring easier as well
For me, I can just honestly say that out of all the carb sources I've ever tried, HBCD is the only one that I can 100% tell a huge difference with using pre-workout in terms of endurance and recovery between sets. Also, do a lot of intense whitewater rafting, sometimes multiple days in a row of it, where soreness and fatigue can be real issues and it works great for that. But that's why I say we would likely do one flavor with and most without bc I don't think the HBCD would sell as well as the carb free.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer

I thought about doing a HBCD is a couple flavors; just not sure if it would be a good seller or not. It hasn't seemed to sell well for many other companies that tried it, I think mainly because so many mainstream people just view carbs as carbs rather than understanding how awesome this one is.

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
For me, I can just honestly say that out of all the carb sources I've ever tried, HBCD is the only one that I can 100% tell a huge difference with using pre-workout in terms of endurance and recovery between sets. Also, do a lot of intense whitewater rafting, sometimes multiple days in a row of it, where soreness and fatigue can be real issues and it works great for that. But that's why I say we would likely do one flavor with and most without bc I don't think the HBCD would sell as well as the carb free.
How much do you use when you use it pre?

I’ve been playing around with HBCD again lately. I usually enjoy a combo of Carb10 and Palatinose during my sessions.

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

I love HBCD personally.
Would buy. The premise is similar to what was in OL's Endure+, which I enjoyed before they dropped the carb version and reformulated.

What is LOLA?

50g HBCD
15g EAA’s
Electrolyte mix
Bioavailable B-Vitamins
5g Creapure
5g Glutamine
3g Taurine
3g LCLT
3g Betaine
3g Peak02
1g Agmatine
500mg Tart Cherry
400mg Lemom Verbena
50mg Actigin
50mg Astragin

Would buy with fewer carbs and a lower creatine dose. Thought that with HBCD and other designer carbs that you didn't need as large a bolus, so that 10-20g would be enough.

TommyTuffGuy

TommyTuffGuy

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
What about a anti-aging blend with Magnesium L-Threonate?

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
How much do you use when you use it pre?

I’ve been playing around with HBCD again lately. I usually enjoy a combo of Carb10 and Palatinose during my sessions.
25 grams before quick workouts.
50 grams before long workouts.

Enduatance stuff like intense rafting - 25 grams pre and then have a mix of another 50 grams that I sip during.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer

beefyfan

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I remember Celtic Labs having a proviron pro-hormone called Mesterobol. I would love to see something within the legal confines of the law to mimic proviron.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Anti aging is a good one, as is a multi. A big problem with a multi is that is doesn't give you all the nutrients it contains due to intestinal absorption limitations and whatnot (in some cases a complete failure of the tablet to even break down).