Wesley VS. Vital Proteins

WesleyInman

WesleyInman

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar

1. Got a bunch of new products to Beta Test and Review! Thanks to Dan at Vital Proteins!

Have used many of their products to date and these are

I am not affiliated with this brand, just wanted to get you guys some reviews of each of these as I go along.

www.vitalproteins.com

Pre-wave is collagen + caffeine + pwo

Beef Gelatin is beef collagen to promote bone and joint and gut health

Collagen peptides is
    hydrolized collagen + hyaluronic acid +. Great for joints and skin

Cartilage Collagen is joint bone and immune support

Recovery wave bcaa is intra or post workout + electrolytes

Bone Broth Collagen is collagen hyaluronic acid and Chondroitin

Coffee is a high grade Colombian coffee. Tried it today and it's excellent!!

Quick Reply
Quick Reply

WesleyInman

WesleyInman

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Ok so my first review will be on the Collagen Peptides. I listed the ingredients down below. I have been using this in my protein shake and coffee as creamer also.

It has a very mild taste to it, almost like milk, very creamy. Super fine powder, mixes super easy and you can tell this is a high quality product.
Will continue using this until I run out. Def a nice supplemental product for Collagen, etc.

WesleyInman

WesleyInman

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Ok here is an update for you guys. Ran the sleep product every night for a week, then did every other night just to see the differences.

Great product. This is a sleep performance product. I sleep deeper, though I wont say it "puts me to sleep" per say but its better rest for fact. I wake up feeling alot more refreshed and less dehydrated to be honest. I have to say I truly like that this product and notice a difference the days I did not use.

I will say I noticed some increases in vivid dreams and even a few bad dreams while using this product, so that is always a possibility anytime you add in sleep PEDs. Here is the bottle and label for you guys to check out.

WesleyInman

WesleyInman

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Ok here is an update for you guys. Ran the sleep product every night for a week, then did every other night just to see the differences.

Great product. This is a sleep performance product. I sleep deeper, though I wont say it "puts me to sleep" per say but its better rest for fact. I wake up feeling alot more refreshed and less dehydrated to be honest. I have to say I truly like that this product and notice a difference the days I did not use.

I will say I noticed some increases in vivid dreams and even a few bad dreams while using this product, so that is always a possibility anytime you add in sleep PEDs. Here is the bottle and label for you guys to check out.

WesleyInman

WesleyInman

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Ok here is the review on the Recovery Wave Product/ I have been using it intraworkout and at times I have added some creatine HCL into the mix.

The flavor is Guava Lime and at first I didn't really like it, but now I am used to it, and it cuts well with gatorade or even orange juice. When you mix this, it doesnt mix instantly, probably the collagen pops to the top but if you stir it, let it sit a minute or two and then return and stir it, it does blend fine.

The profile is very very good on this item and I did enjoy using it the past few weeks during my sessions. I felt fuller and more hydrated during my routines and I did notice I had more energy. Im a huge proponent of Intra Workout drinks for optimum performance when one can afford them. Most people are on a budget, so when people are cutting corners leaving an intra workout out, is very often what happens.

If you can afford it and add this into your routine I am sure within a few months you will see nice increase in size and strength due to the recovery affects of such a product.

WesleyInman

WesleyInman

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Update 2/24/2020

Ok I will finally review the Coffee. This is the 2nd bag of coffee I have tried with them. The first was called GONDO and I wasn't a fan of the flavor tbh but it smelled awesome and was a very unique blend tbh.

This is the straight colombian which is more my style, I just like basic coffee. This is probably the hardest coffee beans I have ever seen so you must have a good blender or bring to the store and use a professional grinder. This is not sold as powder, this is bag of beans. And it is a bit pricy, at around $17 a bag, but honestly this stuff is gourmet coffee.

Zero comparison to regular or store bought coffee. I was told they source this from one farm and that no one else here in the US even has this version. And I think that is believable.

Just an overall extremely smooth cup of coffee and blows away starbucks, dunkin donuts, etc.

Would be ideal for the coffee lover, prob not just the average coffee drinker.

Will update another one of the products this week :)

WesleyInman

WesleyInman

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Update 3/2/2020

Man I cannot believe it is March already.

Sorry for the delay. Here is a quick update, I have been using this Natural Based Pre-Workout for 3+ weeks now and can comment on it's results.

It's called PRE-WAVE and besides 140mgs of caffeine it has no other stims in it. You can see the label below. It also has Creatine and Arginine, which, minus arguing with anyone on here, has claims that these are superior to other versions. I will leave that argument up to you to decide.

Anyways this was a nice clean product. Now I go back to the days of using Ultimate Orange (1996? was when I was using it.) Craze, jack3d, Hyde, Angel Dust...I mean all the best of the best stim pwos. Stuff that will make you hear colors.

So this is not that. This is a nice clean product. I def noticed a tiny bit of energy and endurance for fact. The thing I have gotten to like now that I am older (42) is that I actually don't like any of those mega stimulant products. They spike my BP, they make me jittery, insomnia, crash, hypo, you name it....

I have tried some non stim PWO's before and this is just as good as the best of those I have taken. I have even experimented with adding in additional Electrolytes and i have to say that for someone looking for a non stim, safe, no side effect product. This did just the trick

Taste was good, mixes easy. Another great item by Vital Proteins. So far nothing I have used has disappointed me.

Only a few products left to go!!

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Nice update. Seems like you enjoyed the vital protein products so far.

WesleyInman

WesleyInman

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Nice update. Seems like you enjoyed the vital protein products so far.
Thank you sir @LeanEngineer and yeah man, this brand is high quality, all the way around. Some things can be pricy but honestly this is a high end product line. Some of the finest proteins I have used. Super fine powders. Now that I have used these, Im not surprised they are in supermarkets and stores like Target. They def deserve to be.

WesleyInman

WesleyInman

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Update 3/3/20

Here is a review on the Beef Gelatin product from Vital Proteins.

Now this is probably the most unique out of the products I have tried. This has a very different texture and it almost reminds me of super fine salt or sugar. It is pretty tasteless but almost crystals as seen below:

And this product is used primarily as a Digestive Aid, however if you look it still has 17grams of Protein per serving, which is definitely a nice #. So I tried adding this to my protein shake. It def gives it a different texture. You can also add it to your morning coffee or even soups, etc and it will thicken them. Heat makes this into a liquid essentially. So this is super cool

My gf uses this for our toddler. She mixes this in with jello and vitamins and minerals and makes them into healthy Gummy snacks for her and it works like a charm.

I know some guys back in the day were using Beef Gelatin in their protein shakes and swore by it. And they all swore they became far more muscular as result. Now this is the first time I have used these, so it's too soon to say for me, but definitely something I am going to continue to use daily and see what happens.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Thank you sir @LeanEngineer and yeah man, this brand is high quality, all the way around. Some things can be pricy but honestly this is a high end product line. Some of the finest proteins I have used. Super fine powders. Now that I have used these, Im not surprised they are in supermarkets and stores like Target. They def deserve to be.
That's good to hear. I don't mind paying a few extra bucks if it's quality and enjoy drinking it everyday.

WesleyInman

WesleyInman

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Update 3/11

So I got a new shipment of products and I got more sleep product and some Beef Liver Tabs as well that I will review on this thread shortly.

Today I want to review the Collagen Cartilage pills. This is specifically a joint, health, skin and nails formula. It has Glucosamine and a ton of other ingredients as well.

Admittedly something like this is hard to review, bc you don't per say "feel it" if you know what I mean. But I have been on this like a month and a half. I have noticed the skin on my face is smooth like a baby lately. Didn't really hit me but it very well may be this product combined with all the other collagens in the other products I am using. Either way I have def had compliments that my skin looks healthier and younger.

As for joints, its tough. I haven't had joint pains in a bit, thank God, but what I will say is that Tricep work always aggravates my elbows. ALWAYS. Has for years. I had a cortison shot. I tore my left tricep tendon partially and did BPC157 and TB500 therapy and stayed off weights for 8 weeks and healed that.

Since I started these pills I have not had aches and pains during my tricep workouts. That to me is sufficient to say it is working. There is only one other product that did the same for me and that is Joint Rebuild by RawDynamix which was cissus and hyularonic acid.

So this is nice tbh. I hate having elbow pain on bench press or pushdowns. They sent me 2 bottles so I am good to go for about 3 months, which makes me very happy :)