MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
On your shake I wrote down the mix to try out. Dumb question though, does the fruit provide enough liquid or do you add any water?
Next question do you dump everything into the blender and go or do like fruit honey then add protein?

appreciate the help man!
I eat the banana by itself then add the frozen pineapple, honey, and protein powder to a smoothie with about 8-16 oz of water added in. You will want to adjust water to your desired consistency. Obviously the less you use the thicker and colder the smoothie will be but that also slows down how quickly you can drink it so I go a little thinner than I would typically prefer a smoothie. Keeps me from getting brain freeze, and again allows me to knock it back in a a few minutes. Also, I am bulking so you may want to use just 21g of honey (1tbls), not the 42g serving, or trying to save more calories use a packet or two of splenda to sweeten it a little more, and no honey. Reason I say add sweetener is it is quite bland without it. It is surprising how little flavor the pineapple provides without any sweetener, but makes a huge difference in taste if a little sweeter. Of course that is just my preference.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Teething baby is a tough spell.

I will say this - I am not judging, you should do whatever makes you happy, but if you bring the baby to bed with you expect for that habit to very possibly develop. It’s something both the child will learn and you will set a precedent for yourselves about what is acceptable.

Same as how they advise you need to get the crib out of your bedroom by 6 months, or it can be much harder to transition them later. At 5 months we got a good camera/monitor and let him cry it out for about 2 nights, then he was good on his own. He will be 3 in January and still sleeping well on his own in his crib happily - long ago he gained the strength to climb out, but has no need to.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote

I will say this - I am not judging, you should do whatever makes you happy, but if you bring the baby to bed with you expect for that habit to very possibly develop. It’s something both the child will learn and you will set a precedent for yourselves about what is acceptable.

Same as how they advise you need to get the crib out of your bedroom by 6 months, or it can be much harder to transition them later. At 5 months we got a good camera/monitor and let him cry it out for about 2 nights, then he was good on his own. He will be 3 in January and still sleeping well on his own in his crib happily - long ago he gained the strength to climb out, but has no need to.
Agreed 100%, I remember when we had Sage my wife wanted to keep the Sage in the room, but I told her we were not starting that. That it will be never ending and we will in the end wish we had not set the precedent. So we kept her in the room for the 1st 6 weeks then she slept in her crib next to a good monitor and things were good to go after a few nights. No one was losing extra sleep and she learned to feel secure sleeping alone. Again, not saying it is better just that it is what worked well for us.

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar

Well that would be the ideal plan. Unfortunately are small 2 bedroom townhome we have a huge master bedroom and then the other room has the guest bed and an office setup. So until we can get a 3 bedroom place we are making do with what we got.

So hopefully next fall when are lease is up we can ideally find 4 bedroom but we will see.

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
One thing to note. I will follow up on to see if it hold or it’s just a coincidence. Back to running Incinderine and I’m having no cravings or hunger attacks. To early to give it a solid yet but worth noting to follow up on.

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Gym time 5am-6:30
0RIR
BW 229

leg press
225x12
315x8
425x4x10x10 almost couldn’t get the last rep on both sets

leg press calves
225x12
315x8
325x4x20x18

leg curl machine
50x12
90x8
130x4x8x8

machine crunch
60x12
100x8
140x4x20x20

delt machine
40x12
60x8
80x10x8x8

rest of the time on elliptical. Legs are definitely feeling the elliptical activity from the week. Crazy how tight I’m feeling from cutting back.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yeah that cardio is a beast when you go back into a deficit. Good luck on finding a bigger home.

It's funny, I said yesterday Sage slept in the room the 1rst 6 weeks, but reading this reminded me she actually slept in the "dressing area" of our walk in closet in our master bedroom. So she was still kind of in another room just 15 ft from the bed though. LOL

Little did I know Sage would come out of the closet more than once in her life! LMAO!

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Yeah that cardio is a beast when you go back into a deficit. Good luck on finding a bigger home.

It's funny, I said yesterday Sage slept in the room the 1rst 6 weeks, but reading this reminded me she actually slept in the "dressing area" of our walk in closet in our master bedroom. So she was still kind of in another room just 15 ft from the bed though. LOL

Little did I know Sage would come out of the closet more than once in her life! LMAO!
Are place is a dumb layout. The guest bedroom is so tiny and then are master bedroom is big. We tried to put the office in are room and her crib in the spare bedroom but it just didn’t work. We planned to buy a house originally when I transferred here, but **** house prices I just couldn’t bite the bullet on the high prices. Be one thing if it was truly a 350,000$ house but a 150,000-180,000 house priced at 350 was hard for me to swallow.

plus I want to live out of the city limits so for the time being got to make it work.

on a side note my legs are pretty stiff and sore tonight, think the leg press definitely pushed them today.

PolishHamm3r77

PolishHamm3r77

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Gym time 5am-6:30
0RIR
BW 229

leg press
225x12
315x8
425x4x10x10 almost couldn’t get the last rep on both sets

leg press calves
225x12
315x8
325x4x20x18

leg curl machine
50x12
90x8
130x4x8x8

machine crunch
60x12
100x8
140x4x20x20

delt machine
40x12
60x8
80x10x8x8

rest of the time on elliptical. Legs are definitely feeling the elliptical activity from the week. Crazy how tight I’m feeling from cutting back.
Cardio after legs is BOLD. Cardio after legs on a deficit = RESPECT!!! Nice work man!

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
sorta shocked you guys remember so many details so well. I remember my wife and I having the same approach with setting boundaries and it seemed to work well, my boy seems well adjusted but exact day, week, month? na. I do recall one time standing outside his bedroom door though holding it shut with my hands cause it was nap time and I was winning that battle. 😅

dude 😅😅

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Are place is a dumb layout. The guest bedroom is so tiny and then are master bedroom is big. We tried to put the office in are room and her crib in the spare bedroom but it just didn’t work. We planned to buy a house originally when I transferred here, but **** house prices I just couldn’t bite the bullet on the high prices. Be one thing if it was truly a 350,000$ house but a 150,000-180,000 house priced at 350 was hard for me to swallow.

plus I want to live out of the city limits so for the time being got to make it work.

on a side note my legs are pretty stiff and sore tonight, think the leg press definitely pushed them today.
Your house sounds like mine, except mines probably even smaller. Idk if I can even count it as a house, I know the struggles with rooms though. 😭

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Had a work party last night for are end of the construction season. Was a fun evening did axe throwing that was a blast. Didn’t set my alarms this morning. Legs are definitely a little sore. Will get a good session tomorrow, was hoping my sling shot would make it before the am but no show yet.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Had a work party last night for are end of the construction season. Was a fun evening did axe throwing that was a blast. Didn’t set my alarms this morning. Legs are definitely a little sore. Will get a good session tomorrow, was hoping my sling shot would make it before the am but no show yet.
That does sound like a blast. We have a place pretty close to the house I keep thinking of checking out. They have leagues and everything.

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
That does sound like a blast. We have a place pretty close to the house I keep thinking of checking out. They have leagues and everything.
If you haven’t tried it I’d say it worth checking out. We threw like normal hatchets and then they brought out huge double handed axes, throwing stars, knives. And the one here has a ring and points so we divided into teams and played. Good time and was very cheap price I felt.

PolishHamm3r77

PolishHamm3r77

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
If you haven’t tried it I’d say it worth checking out. We threw like normal hatchets and then they brought out huge double handed axes, throwing stars, knives. And the one here has a ring and points so we divided into teams and played. Good time and was very cheap price I felt.
Did axe throwing once a few yrs ago. It was a great time. My wife apparently has inherited this skill set from her ancestors. She got a brief tutorial and then bullseye. Showed me up big time.

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Sounds awesome. I keep wanting to do it too, but just haven't got around to it yet. Although I think it's funny they allow/serve alcohol at the place near me. Sure, throwing sharp, heavy objects while drunk sounds like a great plan. What could go wrong?? 

Also, my Sling Shot is supposed to arrive this evening too. Can't wait to give it a go, but I'll be traveling next week during my normal bench day. May need to double up this weekend just to play around with it!

PolishHamm3r77

PolishHamm3r77

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Sounds awesome. I keep wanting to do it too, but just haven't got around to it yet. Although I think it's funny they allow/serve alcohol at the place near me. Sure, throwing sharp, heavy objects while drunk sounds like a great plan. What could go wrong?? 

Also, my Sling Shot is supposed to arrive this evening too. Can't wait to give it a go, but I'll be traveling next week during my normal bench day. May need to double up this weekend just to play around with it!
I was thinking the same thing. Adult libations and sharp objects being throw…what could possibly go wrong?

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
The place here you can have one alcoholic drink per hour while throwing. So it’s not an all you can slam kinda deal, they seem to be pretty strict. Because I had the exact same thoughts about it 😂

PolishHamm3r77

PolishHamm3r77

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
The place here you can have one alcoholic drink per hour while throwing. So it’s not an all you can slam kinda deal, they seem to be pretty strict. Because I had the exact same thoughts about it 😂
So no “happy hour” or open bar? SMH 🤦‍♀️

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Gym time 5:10am-6:30 am
8RIR
BW 229

DB press incline
20x12
35x8
55x8x8

ex bar skull crusher
30x12
40x8
50x8x8

one arm DB Tricep extension OH
10x12
15x8
20x8x8

DB shoulder press seated
20x12
30x8
35x8x8

DB lateral raise
5x12
10x8
15x8x8

seated bike 15 minutes

Feeling pretty stiff this morning and nose plugging up. Felt a lot better after leaving the gym, hot shower and got my nose cleared out.

that will be all for this week and next week. I’ll be in Denver for training, should be a pretty physical week going through the climbing and all for 5 days. Then have to pass the test on Friday to get my certification.

PolishHamm3r77

PolishHamm3r77

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Good luck with the certification for work!! Denver gonna be COLD!!!

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
was hoping my sling shot would make it before the am but no show yet.
you guys are gonna love them. it's a blast to play with

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Packing up today, going to be taking the family and have a little fun while out there. Booked a hotel that is an extended stay so have a fridge and stove to cut out eating out expenses.

So far this week on a good role, started Monday at 233, checked in this morning at 228. Mostly water and bloat from the holiday I’m sure. Either way on the right path.

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Also a note, I normally do elliptical or a treadmill but Friday everything was busy so I did the upright bike and it was just 15 minutes. I did have the resistance up some and did like 3 miles I think in that time. But holy cow my legs were on fire, the quads lit up. And feeling it some today. I might start doing that more often had heart rate up more then other machines and just felt like a good burn.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Also a note, I normally do elliptical or a treadmill but Friday everything was busy so I did the upright bike and it was just 15 minutes. I did have the resistance up some and did like 3 miles I think in that time. But holy cow my legs were on fire, the quads lit up. And feeling it some today. I might start doing that more often had heart rate up more then other machines and just felt like a good burn.
I would say do them so long as they don't get in the way of recovery from leg work if trying to grow your legs. Otherwise I tend to avoid the bikes because they get in the way of my leg training for the same reason you are thinking of adding them in. It is harder work on the legs, but for less calorie burn than incline walking or elliptical. Unless doing HIIT with them at a high resistance during the intense parts, which can actually provide some hypertrophic stimulation bit that still might require some lower volume on leg movements since it will be a part of total leg works just a different session.

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I would say do them so long as they don't get in the way of recovery from leg work if trying to grow your legs. Otherwise I tend to avoid the bikes because they get in the way of my leg training for the same reason you are thinking of adding them in. It is harder work on the legs, but for less calorie burn than incline walking or elliptical. Unless doing HIIT with them at a high resistance during the intense parts, which can actually provide some hypertrophic stimulation bit that still might require some lower volume on leg movements since it will be a part of total leg works just a different session.
Well in that case I might do it sparingly then.

on a side not the hotel has a cable machine and some dumbbells. So I’ll be doing shoulder and arm work this week. Got checked into the room and the thermostat is broke. So went and asked if they could fix it or what.

so got a upgrade to a king suite room. Pretty nice have a good size living room and pretty good sized kitchen with a full stove.

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Well in that case I might do it sparingly then.

on a side not the hotel has a cable machine and some dumbbells. So I’ll be doing shoulder and arm work this week. Got checked into the room and the thermostat is broke. So went and asked if they could fix it or what.

so got a upgrade to a king suite room. Pretty nice have a good size living room and pretty good sized kitchen with a full stove.
Jackpot!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Good stuff, and you should be somewhat rested on the regular movements when you get back next week. Should result in some good sessions. What is sprat training by the way?

PolishHamm3r77

PolishHamm3r77

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Rope access basically like to do bridge inspections etc. hang off ropes in a harness, climb/decent all kinds of crazy stuff
That shiz kicks your ass. Using muscles you didn’t know you had. The favorite part of my aerial lift recertification is repelling out of the bucket at full extension. My instructor wanted all of us to repel from 10’ off the ground. I prefer real world scenarios. It’s fun to see your safety instructor get scared. Those who can’t do, teach…

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Rope access basically like to do bridge inspections etc. hang off ropes in a harness, climb/decent all kinds of crazy stuff
You do some badass man shlt for work Bro!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
You do some badass man shlt for work Bro!
One time this guy who was a prison security guard asked me what I did for work. When I told him he says, “So you probably don’t have any exciting work stories huh?” I laughed, said no, and he proceeded to tell me about the time a psychotic inmate was throwing turds in the shower

Some jobs are wilder than others, that’s for sure!

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Well that's definitely a full body workout on its own! So yeah, you're getting in the exercise either way!

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Amazing how back in the day I wore a harness everyday. Haven’t in 2-3 years now back in it **** almost crippled this morning my hips shoulders and back killing me 😂

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
One time this guy who was a prison security guard asked me what I did for work. When I told him he says, “So you probably don’t have any exciting work stories huh?” I laughed, said no, and he proceeded to tell me about the time a psychotic inmate was throwing turds in the shower

Some jobs are wilder than others, that’s for sure!
Yeah, no doubt. That's some "Silence of the Lambs" crap there!
Amazing how back in the day I wore a harness everyday. Haven’t in 2-3 years now back in it **** almost crippled this morning my hips shoulders and back killing me 😂
Yeah, it is wild what we get used to and don't realize how hard stuff is on the body until we stop and start again.

PolishHamm3r77

PolishHamm3r77

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
It sux. They are making them “safer” which transpires into HEAVIER. once I put mine on it stays on unless I’m going into a neighborhood w underground utilities. But if I’m in a manhole that constitutes a confined space I still have to wear it and hook up to a big tripod and a cable that I call the “tuna reel”
The DOMS from leg day kill me w the harness

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
It sux. They are making them “safer” which transpires into HEAVIER. once I put mine on it stays on unless I’m going into a neighborhood w underground utilities. But if I’m in a manhole that constitutes a confined space I still have to wear it and hook up to a big tripod and a cable that I call the “tuna reel”
The DOMS from leg day kill me w the harness
When I was an aircraft mechanic, we had harnesses to wear if we had to stand on tail rudders…but nowhere to tether them to on the hanger ceiling, so we just attached them to the lift basket we’d climbed out of.

If you fell, you wouldn’t hit the ground, but you were praying the swinging collision with the lift didn’t kill you anyway

You never left the lift if you didn’t absolutely have to, because you were basically on your own (like sitting atop the fuselage swapping avionics). Finesse and patience were important attributes!

PolishHamm3r77

PolishHamm3r77

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
When I was an aircraft mechanic, we had harnesses to wear if we had to stand on tail rudders…but nowhere to tether them to on the hanger ceiling, so we just attached them to the lift basket we’d climbed out of.

If you fell, you wouldn’t hit the ground, but you were praying the swinging collision with the lift didn’t kill you anyway

You never left the lift if you didn’t absolutely have to, because you were basically on your own (like sitting atop the fuselage swapping avionics). Finesse and patience were important attributes!
Working aloft. It’ll kill ya if you r not paying attention

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Passed my evaluation yesterday, Denver was in the sights of a decent snowstorm late Friday into Saturday. So got done earlier then expected so packed everything up and drove home, long drive but was worth it to be home.

Pretty beat up, my harness was not quite fitted right but it was a training one so get what ya get. Hips and thighs pretty bruised, arms sore as hell from all the pulling you do.

will be ready to rock and roll Monday. I did finally get my sling shot, will be pretty excited to give this a go. Didn’t eat a lot for the week, did have a few energy drinks driving home last night. Feel like when I flush out I will be a little lower on weight.

Either way check in this morning was #227 down from 233, 12 days ago.

PolishHamm3r77

PolishHamm3r77

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Passed my evaluation yesterday, Denver was in the sights of a decent snowstorm late Friday into Saturday. So got done earlier then expected so packed everything up and drove home, long drive but was worth it to be home.

Pretty beat up, my harness was not quite fitted right but it was a training one so get what ya get. Hips and thighs pretty bruised, arms sore as hell from all the pulling you do.

will be ready to rock and roll Monday. I did finally get my sling shot, will be pretty excited to give this a go. Didn’t eat a lot for the week, did have a few energy drinks driving home last night. Feel like when I flush out I will be a little lower on weight.

Either way check in this morning was #227 down from 233, 12 days ago. View attachment 238547
Congratulations on passing the evaluation! Nice score on the slingshot!

Attachments

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Congratulations on passing the evaluation! Nice score on the slingshot!
Thanks! The worst part is the tendinitis pain flared up in both arms during the week. Be getting some joint support and cissus XT coming my way again. Warming up the arms real good will be in order as well.

yeah the sling shot was a great addition on the Black Friday deals. I did crank out some push ups yesterday with it but all I did was aggravated my arms.

Another drop today after getting some quality sleep, got in lots of water and feeling better.

BW 226 this morning