Wanted: nutritional books/Trusted Authurs

TheCrownedOne

TheCrownedOne

Awards
  • Established
College Textbook: Advanced Nutrition and Human Metabolism by James Groff (among others), most recent edition (2004 I believe).

Aeternitatis

Aeternitatis

Awards
  • Established
Dynamic Nutrition for Maximum Performance

by: Daniel Gastelu and Fred Hatfield

Cardinal

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Lyle's last few books are good. Check out bodyrecomposition website.

Aeternitatis

Aeternitatis

Awards
  • Established
Lyle's last few books are good. Check out bodyrecomposition website.
If you're into UD 2.0 then I suggest you take a look at "Natural Hormonal Enhancement" by Rob Faigin. In my opinion, his diet outline is more effective than UD 2.0 and his book is much more than just a diet outline; it is full of info and easy to read.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If you're into UD 2.0 then I suggest you take a look at "Natural Hormonal Enhancement" by Rob Faigin. In my opinion, his diet outline is more effective than UD 2.0 and his book is much more than just a diet outline; it is full of info and easy to read.
I agree. I have his book, but he doesn't really outline the diet very well. Also the diagrams are cryptic..Almost like he is foreign or something. It does have excellent information and is easy to read, but like I said he doesn't really outline his diet very well. That part of the book is poorly written.

Aeternitatis

Aeternitatis

Awards
  • Established
I agree. I have his book, but he doesn't really outline the diet very well. Also the diagrams are cryptic..Almost like he is foreign or something. It does have excellent information and is easy to read, but like I said he doesn't really outline his diet very well. That part of the book is poorly written.
Yes, those diagrams are a bit too creative. But once you figure out the diet, you realize just how simple it is. His website is also full of information that helps clarify things about the diet and exercise techniques.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yes, those diagrams are a bit too creative. But once you figure out the diet, you realize just how simple it is. His website is also full of information that helps clarify things about the diet and exercise techniques.
Another thing is that he says not to count calories, but you have to count all other macros!!. Thats per meal, and per day, so you are inadvertingly counting calories!. So its not like you could ever eat out for a cheat meal, or even get anything for a cheat because you have to obey certain rules, there has to be only a certain amount of protein, carbs, and fat in each meal, and for each day. That is what makes me not want to go on his plan. I have had the book for about 3 years now, and never tried it. I wanted to, but never have because of the reasons I mention. I am on similar plan which works fine for me. I still love the book and have read it over many times. It does have some great information and you never get bored of the book. I don't understand though how he says not to count calories, but then he says to count macos...I do believe what he says about calorie restriction, but he contradicts himself when he says to count macros.

Aeternitatis

Aeternitatis

Awards
  • Established
Another thing is that he says not to count calories, but you have to count all other macros!!. Thats per meal, and per day, so you are inadvertingly counting calories!. So its not like you could ever eat out for a cheat meal, or even get anything for a cheat because you have to obey certain rules, there has to be only a certain amount of protein, carbs, and fat in each meal, and for each day. That is what makes me not want to go on his plan. I have had the book for about 3 years now, and never tried it. I wanted to, but never have because of the reasons I mention. I am on similar plan which works fine for me. I still love the book and have read it over many times. It does have some great information and you never get bored of the book. I don't understand though how he says not to count calories, but then he says to count macos...I do believe what he says about calorie restriction, but he contradicts himself when he says to count macros.
I don't know... I would go all out on those carb loads easily consuming 1000-2000 calories in one sitting and I still got hella lean hella fast on his diet plan.