"Volume VERSES Load" for ON cycle results

What produces more Mass while ON cycle??

• Fewer repps (4-6) with heavier weight and less sets (2-3)

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Higher repps (8-12) with more moderate weight and more sets (4-6)

Votes: 11 78.6%

• Total voters
Hate4TheWeak

Hate4TheWeak

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Greetings to all, it's your friendly neighborhood Hater, -Hate4TheWeak. I was just curios to see what style of training you guys think produces the most muscle mass while ON cycle? Some say to lift heavy (4-6) repps with just a few sets per body part. While others say to train in the more moderate weight rage with (8-12) repps per set for 4+ sets so I'll leave it up to my fellow Iron warriors out there to decide.
Volume Verses Load.........:cheers:

CryingEmo

CryingEmo

Awards
  • Established
Depends on your recovery capacity and genetics.

Hate4TheWeak

Hate4TheWeak

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Well that's true but this is a poll for ON cycle reasults so I would have to imagine that recovery would be dramatically increased.

IroNwIlL2006

IroNwIlL2006

Awards
For mass: Really depends on what bodypart I'm training. In general though I like to stick in the 6-8 rep range for compound lifts and 8-12 on others while on cycle. Lots of volume, but still in and out in an hour. I have tried lots of different rep ranges and this works best for me.

Of course the low rep training will definitely help bring up lifts and give some size if you're getting the cals, but for all out mass probably not the best option.

Hate4TheWeak

Hate4TheWeak

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I really feel the same way man. For big lifts like bench deads ext....I do 6-8 repps but I just have never seen much reasults from training say arms in that repp range.

IroNwIlL2006

IroNwIlL2006

Awards
I really feel the same way man. For big lifts like bench deads ext....I do 6-8 repps but I just have never seen much reasults from training say arms in that repp range.
I like supersetting my bi and tri exercises. They always grow like crazy on cycle.

And you should definately concentrate on cgbp if you want big arms (heavy weight med reps). Really helped me come a long way in a short time.

SteelEntity

SteelEntity

Awards
  • Established
When on cycle I still am in and out in an hour or less, the only changes that are made to my routine are maybe 1 more exercise for my large muscle groups. Really though when on cycle your strength goes way up, you recover very fast so really that hour spent at the gym could cause results that would take 5 weeks to get naturally... if not more. I made more results on a 4 week m1t cycle then I did training 8 months naturally, i don't know if that is a good thing or not lol.

DIET DIET DIET - this will dictate how successful a cycle is.

pantera101

pantera101

Banned
Awards
  • Established
You know I have actually heard a few saying to do more sets with heavier weight and less sets with higher reps.Like 3x10 or 10x3 to still hit 30 reps total.It was on t nation and a guy at my gym who plans on competing was doing low reps with more sets.Just change change change!!!!

Hate4TheWeak

Hate4TheWeak

Banned
Awards
  • Established
True it's always good to mix it up.
Just wondering overall what stimulates the most ON cycle growth? Cause when I'm on (like I'm a pro, I've done ONE cycle lol) I hit the sht out of every body part and I do an extra set for each exercise I would normally do....Plus a good pump helps to transport hormones to the engorged muscle so my thinking was, get a killer pump and pump all that fcuking test in there to the working muscle???

pantera101

pantera101

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I don't think you can go wrong while on.Or even natural as long as you don't go overboard.It just takes longer naturally.....

SteelEntity

SteelEntity

Awards
  • Established
Load is better for me. When I get stronger I grow so I stay around 6-8 reps, now that being said my calves respond to high volume better.

Hate4TheWeak

Hate4TheWeak

Banned
Awards
  • Established
My calves are the same way I often go as high as 50 repps per set when I hit them.

pantera101

pantera101

Banned
Awards
  • Established
My calves are the same way I often go as high as 50 repps per set when I hit them.
I usually do to,but lately I have been doing low reps and it's quite nice to load up the leg press and do 6 toe presses.I just feel like an animal with heavy weight.Even before I joined a gym and worked out in front of my dog I still had that cocky feeling/attitude with heavy weight.Especially if it's the first time to use it.I try not to act cocky or conceited at the gym but I have the hardest time holding back a smile.......

Red Dog

Red Dog

Awards
  • Established
I usually do to,but lately I have been doing low reps and it's quite nice to load up the leg press and do 6 toe presses.I just feel like an animal with heavy weight.Even before I joined a gym and worked out in front of my dog I still had that cocky feeling/attitude with heavy weight.Especially if it's the first time to use it.I try not to act cocky or conceited at the gym but I have the hardest time holding back a smile.......
I hear that -- heavy squats (~4 reps) put me into somethin like a euphoria :D

I like half and half for training -- I'll do 3-4 sets for about 5 reps and then 2 sets for 10-12 reps.. works for me!

pantera101

pantera101

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I hear that -- heavy squats (~4 reps) put me into somethin like a euphoria :D

I like half and half for training -- I'll do 3-4 sets for about 5 reps and then 2 sets for 10-12 reps.. works for me!
For a long time I would do pyramids.Going from 20-4 reps with the sets of one exercise.Now I'm doing a periodization with 4-6 reps for a couple months then 8-12 for a couple months.I like this cause as the muscles are getting used to the one rep range,They are also becoming unacustomed to the other.I'm even keeping my warm up sets in the same rep range as work sets.Before I was doing all different rep ranges all the time,everytime.So I'm going to see how this works for me.

BodyWizard

BodyWizard

Awards
  • Established
You know I have actually heard a few saying to do more sets with heavier weight and less sets with higher reps.Like 3x10 or 10x3 to still hit 30 reps total.It was on t nation and a guy at my gym who plans on competing was doing low reps with more sets.Just change change change!!!!
In order for that to not be totally goofy, I'd have to do one set super-fast, next super slow, etc. I mean, patterns are the enemy, but some change-ups are just WTF???

Can't just make it different: gotta make a difference!

pantera101

pantera101

Banned
Awards
  • Established
In order for that to not be totally goofy, I'd have to do one set super-fast, next super slow, etc. I mean, patterns are the enemy, but some change-ups are just WTF???

Can't just make it different: gotta make a difference!
You completely lost me there.

arizonanewbie

arizonanewbie

Awards
What do you guys think about doing 8-12 rep range once a week for a body part and then 4-6 later in the week for the same part while ON cycle? I am planning this for the summer - that way I get a blend of hypertrophy and strength. Good idea?

pantera101

pantera101

Banned
Awards
  • Established
What do you guys think about doing 8-12 rep range once a week for a body part and then 4-6 later in the week for the same part while ON cycle? I am planning this for the summer - that way I get a blend of hypertrophy and strength. Good idea?
full body wo's or what?I wouldn't hit everything twice a week with a split routine.Theirs a pro bb'r that does 4-6 reps for 2-3 months and then 8-13 reps for 2-3 months.I like to switch back and forth from 2-6 and 8-15 for upper and 8-20+ for legs and forearms myself.I get bored with the one after a month or so and then switch back.

arizonanewbie

arizonanewbie

Awards
Thanks P. But why not do everyhting 2x a week?

My split is:
Monday - chest and back
Tues - arms and shoulders
Wed - legs
Thurs - off
Fri - chest and back
Sat - shoulders

pantera101

pantera101

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Well thats a little different than what I was thinking you were doing.I thought you were going to hit every muscle twice within 7 days and then repeat.It would just be too much work to recover from.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Dustin07 Training Forum 19
Training Forum 12
50Magnum Supplement Auction 4
50Magnum Supplements 12
Anabolics 41