Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
who gets vets day off with pay, raise your hands.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
who gets vets day off with pay, raise your hands.
lol...your asking on whats primarily a American forum? If only you can ask those wounded vets stuffed in hospital basements and closets waiting for Obamacare to take care of their medical issues that the VA hospital's forgot about...maybe then you might get a hand or two....just maybe.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
lol...your asking on whats primarily a American forum? If only you can ask those wounded vets stuffed in hospital basements and closets waiting for Obamacare to take care of their medical issues that the VA hospital's forgot about...maybe then you might get a hand or two....just maybe.
actually i am asking because it seems to me most of those who benefit the most from veterans day aren't veterans!!!

i've been a vet for almost 30 years and have never had the day off work with pay, willing to bet i'm not the only one.

skinnybones

skinnybones

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm not a vet but, I've been working for 24 years & have never gotten that day off besides off and paid.
From California.

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm not a vet but, I've been working for 24 years & have never gotten that day off besides off and paid.
From California.
What? Why would you get veterans day off if you're not a vet hahaha!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
From California.
only 12% OF AMERICAN GET IT OFF WITH PAY even though it is a recognized official holiday...and most of those are government workers, and of course politicians....hypocrisy abounds when it comes to active duty military and veterans, while american business profess to honoring veterans and are always thanking us for our service they don't seem very supportive...i looked at a site that talked about why business doesn't hire vets, looks like capitalism wins over patriotism hands down!!!

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I can't comment as you know lol but I get veterans day off with pay but I work as a tech where I drill.

skinnybones

skinnybones

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
What? Why would you get veterans day off if you're not a vet hahaha!
I'm not a vet no, and wasn't expecting to have it off with pay... But it would be nice to have the day off to spend with people in my family who are vets.
That's what my boss says to me on vets day" your not a vet, get back to work" lol.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I can't comment as you know lol but I get veterans day off with pay but I work as a tech where I drill.
i don't remember if you are a vet or not...but either way good for you!!! my point is that all this patriotic crap that business talks about is just that, talk.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I'm not a vet no, and wasn't expecting to have it off with pay... But it would be nice to have the day off to spend with people in my family who are vets.
That's what my boss says to me on vets day" your not a vet, get back to work" lol.
what if you were a vet and he told you...i am happy for you...now get back to work...either way you aint gettin that day off, lol.

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Damn, now I sound like your boss, I'm sorry :( I take it back

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
i don't remember if you are a vet or not...but either way good for you!!! my point is that all this patriotic crap that business talks about is just that, talk.
Dude I'm wearing my Army PT shirt in my avi pic lol

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
politicians do!!!
Wouldnt it be cool if on veterans day you can set up a independent charity event and serve free food to homeless vets without the worrisome of getting arrested for 1 day?

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Wouldnt it be cool if on veterans day you can set up a independent charity event and serve free food to homeless vets without the worrisome of getting arrested for 1 day?
just one more example of how f'ed up this country has become....we give billions of aid to feed other country's hungry and arrest people for feeding our own hungry...that is total insanity, imo.

can you imagine how stupid that must seem to people around the world...it's no wonder the world's people have lost respect for us.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
just one more example of how f'ed up this country has become....we give billions of aid to feed other country's hungry and arrest people for feeding our own hungry...that is total insanity, imo.

can you imagine how stupid that must seem to people around the world...it's no wonder the world's people have lost respect for us.
The goverment should stop financing all those terrorists in Syria and Iraq along with endless wars (another 5+ billion announced along with 1,500 troops by the way by the Furor Obama) and use that money to help finance "Payed Veterans Week!!!!!"

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
The goverment should stop financing all those terrorists in Syria and Iraq along with endless wars (another 5+ billion announced along with 1,500 troops by the way by the Furor Obama) and use that money to help finance "Payed Veterans Week!!!!!"
the government is actually doing a lot more for vets today than in the past, if you think the V.A hospital system is bad today it is 100% better than in the years after viet nam!!!

it's big business i have the beef with, they should be hiring more vets and sponsoring more charities aimed at vets if they are going to shoot their mouths off about how much they honor vets. if big business put just one tenth of the money they put into breast cancer to help vets there would be no homeless vets, imho.

skinnybones

skinnybones

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I wanted to say THANK YOU to all the vets who fought for me, my family and this country. Have a great day tomorrow, I'll be thinking of you guys and gals.
Thank you!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
thank you for posting this!!!

honor and respect to all you vets out there!!!

123abcabcabc

123abcabcabc

Awards
*cough* They should also stop financing Israel... *cough*

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
this was indeed a good veterans day...trump as president should improve conditions for veterans!!!

Tylerfife71

Tylerfife71

Banned
Awards
?

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
don't forget vets during the holidays...if you are going to donate food, money, toys or even time, make sure to include organizations who care for our vets.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
don't forget vets during the holidays...if you are going to donate food, money, toys or even time, make sure to include organizations who care for our vets.
For REAL!!!!!!!!