venison over chicken?

edale3

Awards
hey guys, need some advice from the gurus of nutrition, i am getting ready to set up a diet plan and i see most people eat chicken like 4 times a day, i dont mind chicken but i could see getting sick of it,i am a hunter and i have a chest freezer full of deer meat, i have all different cuts , and even have some deer sausage. do you see any reason why i couldnt use venison over chicken, i have been told is is the most lean meat you can get and the protien is over tripple that of chicken. thanks guys. oh yah, i am 6'1" 210lbs, i work out 5 days a week and do cardio 3 days, i am looking to get to 215-225 but loose some fat, also i will be starting a superdrol cycle april 17th. thanks in advance.

edale3

Awards
thank you, wow i also went to fit day, it says a 8oz steak has 72g of protien , and only 8 grams of fat!!!! awesome!! start grillin!!!:woohoo:

Gokmog

Gokmog

Awards
hey guys, need some advice from the gurus of nutrition, i am getting ready to set up a diet plan and i see most people eat chicken like 4 times a day, i dont mind chicken but i could see getting sick of it,i am a hunter and i have a chest freezer full of deer meat, i have all different cuts , and even have some deer sausage. do you see any reason why i couldnt use venison over chicken, i have been told is is the most lean meat you can get and the protien is over tripple that of chicken. thanks guys. oh yah, i am 6'1" 210lbs, i work out 5 days a week and do cardio 3 days, i am looking to get to 215-225 but loose some fat, also i will be starting a superdrol cycle april 17th. thanks in advance.
http://www.nutritiondata.com/

http://www.ag.uiuc.edu/~food-lab/nat/

http://www.nal.usda.gov/fnic/foodcomp/search/

from most of what i've seen cheeses and most meats have about 7 grams of protein to the ounce. i've read some articles that suggest to ensure dietary intake of fat to keep the body in a fat burning mode.. so maybe too lean isn't good? also saturated fats are good for sex steroid production.

i hope that deer you killed didn't have CWD, i hear this prion disease in the deer has more of the prions in the muscles than in the bovine version. can you get the stuff tested? did you see enough of the deer's behavior to know that it was healthy?

:jaw:

edale3

Awards
we havent had any cases around here in upstate ny yet, and they havent even proved at this point if it can even be transmitted to humans like mad cow desease, i guess if i worried about every scare out there i would have to be a vegetarian, the deer i got this year appeared to be a very healthy animal, not thinning no open wounds ect... also the buthcher i use removes most of the fat and connective tissue, if i need fat for hamburger and such we just add a little beef fat. i am gonna mix it up a little i am gonna use chicken and venison , i dont want to get sick of it, the weeks i use the venison i will make sure i add a little more fat to my diet,or maybe eat extra deer sausage or deer burgers. mmmmmmmmmm! thanks for that tip.

Gokmog

Gokmog

Awards
we havent had any cases around here in upstate ny yet, and they havent even proved at this point if it can even be transmitted to humans like mad cow desease, i guess if i worried about every scare out there i would have to be a vegetarian, the deer i got this year appeared to be a very healthy animal, not thinning no open wounds ect... also the buthcher i use removes most of the fat and connective tissue, if i need fat for hamburger and such we just add a little beef fat. i am gonna mix it up a little i am gonna use chicken and venison , i dont want to get sick of it, the weeks i use the venison i will make sure i add a little more fat to my diet,or maybe eat extra deer sausage or deer burgers. mmmmmmmmmm! thanks for that tip.
dude. the article i recently read was that the deer meat (i.e. muscle) contained far more of the prions than any of the other prion diseases (scrapie, BSE, etc.). i have read of articles of hunters who had eaten their kills and then developed the disease (this pieced together a few years after the fact in a few). the best thing going for you is that it is not known to have occurred in your area. i seriously suggest you look deeper into this. it would seem the cutting tools used in opening a carcass are also to be considered infected and contagious agents of the prions. you've GOT to look more deeply into this. please.

but from your area you sound much safer than us Minesotans. lucky you. it is probably a mistake for you to have your butcher trim the deer fat, unless it tastes bad because of its diet. natural, foraging deer probably tastes quite gamey but it most likely has a very favorable lipid profile and is thus healthier and helps keep you slim and your blood cholesterol and lipids in a healthy range. i'd never throw out unrendered grass-fed beef skin. that is sacred. all natural-diet red meat mammal fat is to be saved, if not for you (ungrateful lout) than for someone you know who HAS class.

edale3

Awards
well it sounds like you are much smarter than me about this and i appreciate the feedback. and as far as your last statement : (i'd never throw out unrendered grass-fed beef skin. that is sacred. all natural-diet red meat mammal fat is to be saved, if not for you (ungrateful lout) than for someone you know who HAS class.) believe me, there isnt any waste, when i said my butcher trims the connective tissue and fat i should have been more specific, i meant to say is i have someone else procces the deer for me who sees thousands of them a year and knows what to look for as far as issues with poor meat quality ect... he does not remove anything good from the meats including good fat, i normally dont butcher my own deer, (although i have before) , it is a lot of work, and for 50 bucks its much quicker to let him do it, he cuts it anyway i like, i do take out the tenderloins before it goes to him, they usually get cooked as soon as i get home from hunting, man are they good. thanks again for the feedback i am making some jerky right now, i cant wait until its done.mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

Grunt76

Grunt76

Awards
  • Established
I have just experienced guinea fowl and although it costs much more than chicken, I simply cannot believe how totally yummy this stuff is... :jaw:

Here's the nutrtional info label:
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]Nutrition Facts: [SIZE=-1]Guinea Fowl[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-2]Serving Size 1 portion (106 grams)[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-2]Servings per Container 1[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-2]Amount Per Serving[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-2]Calories 130[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-2]Calories from Fat 35[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-2]Calories from Saturated Fat 10[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-2]% Daily Value *[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-2]Total Fat 3.5g[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-2]6%[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-2]Saturated Fat 1.5g[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-2]6%[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-2] Polysaturated Fat 1g[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-2] Monosaturated Fat 1g[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-2]Choleterol 105mg[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-2]36%[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-2]Sodium 40mg[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-2]2%[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-2] Potassium 410mg[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-2]12%[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-2]Total Carbohydrate less than 1 gram[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-2]Protien 25g[/SIZE][/FONT]

TexN343

Awards
The backstrap is the best meat on the dear IMHO.

UberPooper1

Awards
  • Established
if i could eat venison every day, i would. that stuff is the best. ive even replaced beef with venison to make pasta dishes and chili. mmmmm