USA headed for a revolution

seccsi

seccsi

Awards
  • Established
Are you just asking us? Cause I would say not a chance in hell. It may seem like people are pissed off at the government now, but people are ALWAYS pissed off at the government. They have been since the beginning of this nation and they will be till the end. I remember tons of people talking about a poor economy in the 90's...it's just what people say.

The VAST majority of U.S. citizens don't care about politics. And to have a revolution you need a LOT of people to care. And be potentially crazy enough to do something about it. People care about reality TV here, and things like the Casey Anthony trial. You really think we have an informed and pissed off enough populace for a revolution? I just don't see it in the least bit.*

* This is assuming you're talking about some type of significant movement with significant numbers and not just a few people.

dirtwarrior

dirtwarrior

Awards
I just got the memo, the revolution is canceled for lack of interest

ambulldog

ambulldog

Awards
  • Established
my personal opinion is that if and WHEN ss is canceled or gone there will be an uprising. for those of us that have paid into it for a long time already if they just snatched it away im sure all hell would break loose. i do expect to see, maybe or maybe not in my life time, a sort of grandfather clause stating if born b4 this date you are eligible for ss.

think about all the free loading fuc$s out there just stealing our money away. of course i realize there are many that need and deserve it but id be willing to bet that for every legitimate case where someone recieves ss in some fashion or another there is at least another that is getting it iligitimately

seccsi

seccsi

Awards
  • Established
I would say the likelihood of SS being cancelled is shockingly low. Changed in some forms? Sure. But cancelled? No way. The politicians who cancel SS would be committing career suicide and as a rule majorities of politicians don't do that.

Knotch

Knotch

Awards
The only people who have already shown themselves to be willing enough are christian/ right wing extremists, and I gotta tell you, that's the wrong direction to go. The first settlers that came here, did so to escape that very situation. What needs to happen is Americans simply need to pull their heads out of their asses. Republican fascists (look up the defintion and tell me it isn't accurate, I dare you) have spread so much propaganda that there is so much infighting between us. Take a look at Marinol. It is a synthetic form of THC. It is a schedule III prescription drug meaning it is considered to have less potential for abuse or addiction than Schedule I or II drugs and have a useful medical purpose. Included are anabolic steroids, pentobarbital and hydrocodone (Vicodin). Marijuana, the natural form of THC is a schedule I, meaning, it is not considered legitimate for any medical use, and examples include heroin, LSD, MDMA (Ecstasy) and marijuana. Cocaine is schedule II. Yet I see no one from the Tea Party standing up for the rights of cannabis users despite it being an issue of freedom and government hypocricy. Why? Fear and propaganda. It's a plant. "'God' made weed, man made beer. In 'god' we trust."

Corporations have been enthroned and an era of corruption in high places will follow. - Abe Lincoln 11/21/1864

Tax cuts do not equal jobs. Free market capitalism would require the abolishment of the FDA, USDA, EPA and all other agencies that are meant to protect our health and safety. Monoploies would exist freely and we all know the effects of that. Well over half of all Americans want to raise taxes on the wealthy therefore this is what MUST be done otherwise it is more proof voting doesn't work.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wewf3lQjCPQ&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4md8jDNGCkY&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hd0Z4G8V1uo

omni

omni

Awards
  • Established
Raise my taxes anymore and I'm all for a revolution. If I work 52 hours a week, I take home the exact same amount of money as if I work 43 hours. If I can open up a business and finally not have to work so much, some idiot or, should I say "50%," thinks I should pay more taxes so that I can't stay in business. I've been down that road and now work for someone else again. I've lived been on both sides to both extremes. From homeless to well off and back to the middle class. I had over 30 employees at one time, all hard workers. "I" provided them jobs. "I" provided them medical. "I" cared for them. ME.
Thanks to California, the economy and all the TAXES, "I" can no longer do that, and the people "I" took care of are now being taken care of the government- unemployment and welfare. If my TAXES weren't so high I might still be in business and the GOVERNMENT wouldn't have to take care of hard working people. Lower taxes means more jobs. More jobs means less unemployment and welfare.
I always thought that if there were ever a revolution or civil war, I wouldn't really know who to shoot or go after. I now have my answer. Thanks Knotch I'm not a Right wing extremist or part of any religious organization but I have life experience to tell it like it is. There's a lot of knowledge out there but many people haven't applied it or lived it. I have.

Cut spending.
If I can only afford to pay my employees $24.00 per hour and provide $180 for medical per month per employee, plus only a certain amount of money for TAXES, And I can only afford to provide Ford F-150's for all of them, Would I be a RETARD if I went out and bought F-250's? If I can only afford the the house I have, should I buy another one and cut the take home pay of my employees? YOU, my friend need to get YOU'RE head out of YOU'RE arse!!!

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Not anytime soon but if they cut something it better be welfare. Things aren't that dire in my neck of the woods so I can't say the revolution is around the corner. Cutting SS is not feasible because it's not an entitlement program since the gov't taxes you for it, it's not something that people could opt out of. I see revisions to SS but it won't be eliminated. A continuing rise in unemplyment needs to be addressed. We're at about 10% right now and it's bad but I don't see 90% of the population risking everything in a revolution at this point. If unemployment hits 25-30% and wages drop on those who are employed then I'd fear for my safety if I was a politician.

seccsi

seccsi

Awards
  • Established
The thing is you need a really pissed off populace for a revolution and things just aren't that bad now. You can't let at something like politicians approval ratings because those were just as low 8 years ago as they are today. We always hate our politicians.

The fact of the matter is most Americans are still living a pretty comfortable life. The Casey Anthony trial and NFL lockout was a much bigger deal for most Americans than the debt ceiling fight. I don't live in a very rich neighborhood at all, but most everyone I know has multiple TV's, air conditioning, a vehicle or two, video game console, etc. Even a lot of "poor" people have this type of thing. A lot of people are still taking vacations. I see middle class people with expensive boats. As long as the majority of Americans are fairly comfortable you won't see a revolution.

You might see some single nutty people or small groups, but if you're talking about say 30% of the population taking arms up against the government as a revolution then I'd say you have almost no chance of seeing that ever.

mich29

mich29

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I believe this will happen only if things get worse even for those in power.until those in power are affected nothing is going to chance.Health care has been ****ty for years and years but it wasn't a huge problem until it affected the rich.now its become a huge topic

vinnythestick

vinnythestick

Awards
jgassen15 ... reading that article made me a little sick. I'm just really angry right now... it was definitely a hard read. I dont understand how so many people can let pure friggin fact prove how much most americans are being screwed and instead focus on being discriminatory, focus on television and sex, focus on whats trendy, focus on celebs, and the most depressing of all - focus on surviving.

I only hate the people that conspire to make my life worse than theirs, and I hate them with a serious passion.

vinnythestick

vinnythestick

Awards
America will probably never again experience another revolution. At least not a violent one.

However, I think we will experience some SERIOUS demonstrations, and pretty soon too.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Agreed. By and large Americans are too fat and content to do anything.

Jessep76

Jessep76

Awards
  • Established
America will probably never again experience another revolution. At least not a violent one.

However, I think we will experience some SERIOUS demonstrations, and pretty soon too.
There are plenty of demonstrations and protests, but we never see it on the news and those who participate are usually arrested.

Wisconsin was a big one.

Jessep76

Jessep76

Awards
  • Established
[video=youtube;wK1MOMKZ8BI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=wK1MOMKZ8BI[/video]

Jessep76

Jessep76

Awards
  • Established
[video]http://current.com/shows/countdown/videos/special-comment-keith-reads-first-collective-statement-of-occupy-wall-street[/video]

Keith gives an update on the current protests...

There has been violence just mainly on the side of the police thus far...

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
IF the revolution were indeed televised, I think that it would occur.

Think about it. Honestly. I don't know how many would get involved, but atleast it would garner support.

DerickVonD

DerickVonD

Awards
  • Established
What about the Nation Defense Act? Do you think once people start getting arrested they'll finally wake up? I hope and I'd like to hear from people in the military here, I hope and I think that the vast majority of the military will tell the governent to go **** itself, if they ordered them to attack US citizens. The county and state police, I have a lot less faith in however.

Goat_guy

Awards
I know the national guard would. At least the guys in my MP unit. But right now a bunch of hipsters complaining because they can't get a better job isn't really a reason to break out the military. They are cutting down active duty by 30% or so last I heard. So it looks like we wot be doing any more wars in the neat future until Iran decides to get testy. (sorry for changing the subject)

mikeg313

mikeg313

Awards
  • Established
Only if they can make it into a reality tv series!

I have my zombie shells already stuffed in the mossberg! Let's go!

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
its coming sooner than later, your only safe haven is petoria...