Ursa Major, Anabolic Effect, Paradoxine (Epichaos, Lean Edge) - Recomp Gut Cutter

ANABOLICWRWLF

ANABOLICWRWLF

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
204.6#

Yesterday was day one with SNS Lean Edge. I'm so used to grabbing 3 AE or M-Test that I took 3 before breakfast and then realized it's suggested serving is 2 pills twice daily so I went ahead and took the 4th along with it. Today I split and took 2 before breakfast and just took the pre dinner dose ahead of beef stew! We're having a crazy snow storm here in OK and the stew is getting me excited. Actual temp for Tuesday morning is expected to be -10. We're not used to that stuff here! 🥶

Feeling pretty sore today from starting another round of 531 BBB on Friday with bench. Did some pushups and then kroc rows for volume. Deadlift tonight and will probably ad in some curl superset stuff, likely DB hammer and reverse BB. I've been trying to keep my accessory stuff to only a couple, maybe 3 or 4 tops. Really trying to save my energy to keep moving my compound lifts up.

Training maxes right now are
Bench 280
Dead 320
OHP 155
Squat 345

Still adding weight each cycle. I have dealoaded a couple times over the last couple years to keep moving forward and it has worked. I'm hoping to get another 5-10lbs on each lift before going into a hormonal cycle in the next month or two. With about 3 weeks left on a bottle of AE I think I'll likely up the Lean Edge dosage in that last week and then jump on cycle around the 2nd week of March. That would have me out of PCT by the end of May if I run 6wks each or 3rd week or so of June if I go 8wks each.

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
204.6#

Yesterday was day one with SNS Lean Edge. I'm so used to grabbing 3 AE or M-Test that I took 3 before breakfast and then realized it's suggested serving is 2 pills twice daily so I went ahead and took the 4th along with it. Today I split and took 2 before breakfast and just took the pre dinner dose ahead of beef stew! We're having a crazy snow storm here in OK and the stew is getting me excited. Actual temp for Tuesday morning is expected to be -10. We're not used to that stuff here! 🥶

Feeling pretty sore today from starting another round of 531 BBB on Friday with bench. Did some pushups and then kroc rows for volume. Deadlift tonight and will probably ad in some curl superset stuff, likely DB hammer and reverse BB. I've been trying to keep my accessory stuff to only a couple, maybe 3 or 4 tops. Really trying to save my energy to keep moving my compound lifts up.

Bench 280
Dead 320
OHP 155
Squat 345

Still adding weight each cycle. I have dealoaded a couple times over the last couple years to keep moving forward and it has worked. I'm hoping to get another 5-10lbs on each lift before going into a hormonal cycle in the next month or two. With about 3 weeks left on a bottle of AE I think I'll likely up the Lean Edge dosage in that last week and then jump on cycle around the 2nd week of March. That would have me out of PCT by the end of May if I run 6wks each or 3rd week or so of June if I go 8wks each.
Whereabout in OK are you living? I was studying one semester in OSU 10 years ago. I remember the 'chaos' there when we had a pretty cold and snowy winter that year. It was the snowiest winter in 1 000 years, they said in the news 😄 Just my luck. I remember back home in December I was shovelling my car out from snow like 2 hours missing 2 classes from school and thinking, that luckily I leave to OK, USA next month and based on my research they don't really have winter like us there in the OK.. Well it was way shorter than here, but plenty of snow that year and the town was clearly not ready for a winter like that. Wallmart had empty shelves at one point, due to people hording food home and some of the deliverys were either late or postponed due to bad driving weather. School was closed for 2 weeks and later another week and the roads were a mess. No up keep of the roads by the county or anything and people didn't have winter tyres and had never heard of such things. It was all funny to me = )

I was staying on campus in this small town called Okmulgee. About 30 min drive from Tulsa.

Last edited:
ANABOLICWRWLF

ANABOLICWRWLF

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
I'm in Tulsa so I know just when and where you're talking about. That must have been 2011, Nowata is about 50mi NE of here and that year they hit our state record, -31F! We don't get a lot of snow very often so the cleanup crews are always caught off guard. You're right about everybody preparing for the apocalypse too, last week we had a hard time finding the essentials.

My truck does okay in the snow though! But that doesn't keep me from milking a snow day here and there (like today!)

Attachments

Marne40

Marne40

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm in Tulsa so I know just when and where you're talking about. That must have been 2011, Nowata is about 50mi NE of here and that year they hit our state record, -31F! We don't get a lot of snow very often so the cleanup crews are always caught off guard. You're right about everybody preparing for the apocalypse too, last week we had a hard time finding the essentials.

My truck does okay in the snow though! But that doesn't keep me from milking a snow day here and there (like today!)
Nice truck! It’s comforting to have a rig that can handle inclement weather, especially this year with all the snow the US is getting.

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
Yep 1.2011- 5.2011. Strong looking truck you got there 👍 Makes my Toyota look pretty girly 😄 But she still takes me to places, so she's all right. That's another thing when I was in OK, everybody had either a pick up truck or a 'Jeep' kind of model (there's probably a real term for it, but I can't think of it).

ANABOLICWRWLF

ANABOLICWRWLF

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
Nice truck! It’s comforting to have a rig that can handle inclement weather, especially this year with all the snow the US is getting.
Thanks dude! You're right, it is a singular comfort. Can't see the road? Oh well!

Yep 1.2011- 5.2011. Strong looking truck you got there 👍 Makes my Toyota look pretty girly 😄 But she still takes me to places, so she's all right. That's another thing when I was in OK, everybody had either a pick up truck or a 'Jeep' kind of model (there's probably a real term for it, but I can't think of it).
As long as it gets you where you need to go it's a winner in my book. I've seen some killer Tacomas too, makes me jealous sometimes at how many places they can get that I can't with my long bed. But I can haul a 4x8 sheet of plywood with the tailgate closed though, so that's a plus.

ANABOLICWRWLF

ANABOLICWRWLF

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
206#

Welp, finished off the 5th bottle of Ursa Major two days ago. I think if I run this again in the future (which I likely will) I will start at 4ml per day. I think it was just starting to get going for me here at the end of two months on. I will definitely be getting more Epichaos in the future as well, it gave a nice boost to energy and endurance at 3ml per day.

I am a week in with Lean Edge and I think it's starting to show. Quickly losing some pudge around the middle and abs are starting to peak out a bit more. I'm still running 2 caps 20-30min pre-breakfast and 2 more 20-30min before dinner. I am impressed that after a week with virtually no change to anything else that this seems to be making a visible difference in my waistline appearance. I'm excited to see what the next few weeks have in store and potentially what bumping the dosage up can do!

wfreiling

wfreiling

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer

That an 87?

nostrum420

nostrum420

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
204.6#

Bench 280
Dead 320
OHP 155
Squat 345

I've lived in CT almost all my life and this **** is a pain in the balls even if you're used to it. Stay warm and don't try to run your car in the garage! 💀🥀🧟‍♂️

ANABOLICWRWLF

ANABOLICWRWLF

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
Dude I knew it. My brother had a copper colored one we called “penny”. Sat on 38’s, there’s a picture of me(20 some years ago) with my head just at the running boards
That's awesome. This ol gal's on 37s on a 17" wheel. I couldn't find 15s other than swampers and damn if they aren't a rough ride around town.

ANABOLICWRWLF

ANABOLICWRWLF

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
Not a whole lot to report on but the Lean Edge has me continuing to get a lean edge so I'm digging that.

I got a package in the mail today that I was eagerly awaiting. I had been leaning towards a jaunt with M1A but this new whip is burning a hole in my pocket already. I'll be running this starting about the 11th of March so we're closing in!

But what could it be, what could it be?

Attachments

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
Not a whole lot to report on but the Lean Edge has me continuing to get a lean edge so I'm digging that.

I got a package in the mail today that I was eagerly awaiting. I had been leaning towards a jaunt with M1A but this new whip is burning a hole in my pocket already. I'll be running this starting about the 11th of March so we're closing in!

But what could it be, what could it be?
View attachment 202828
Jon Jones approves.

ANABOLICWRWLF

ANABOLICWRWLF

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
Well carp.

Today I was overhead pressing 135# (85% of training max) and the back of my neck tensed up something fierce.

Last week OHP was on Tuesday and I woke up Thursday with my neck super tight, uncomfortably so, and it stayed that way all day. I went ahead and did squats Thursday night and it felt better on Friday. It was feeling even better Saturday so I went ahead with bench Saturday afternoon and it was sore that evening and Sunday. A little better Monday, did deads and it felt fine yesterday and today. Then I warmed up on OHP today and it seemed alright so I went ahead with weight. After 3x125 it felt okay but then 3x135 rep 3 felt rough. I reracked and it stayed tense. Went on with supersetted Arnold press and lateral raises which felt fine and actually seemed to help some. Did a few sets of 25 mini band face pulls which felt good. Called it quits and now after about an hour it's feeling tense and sore again.

What I think might be happening is my shoulders/chest/arms are taking the weight heavier than my neck and upper back are capable of moving safely? So my neck is over compensating to stabilize? I'm just guessing here obviously and any help or suggestions you guys have for diagnosis and rehab/prehab would be greatly appreciated.

ANABOLICWRWLF

ANABOLICWRWLF

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
I should mention I'm thinking it would probably be wise to knock the weight down on OHP or even stop altogether for a week or two in hopes of limiting stress to the area. Maybe on press day just do empty bar and some band work?

ANABOLICWRWLF

ANABOLICWRWLF

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
Maybe it's a slight form issue?
Definite possibility. I've never lifted in a gym or with anyone else so it's just me and youtube. I've been thinking about shelling out some bucks to spend a few hours here and there with someone to help me figure out if I'm doing things in a safe manner. I found a local guy who just got a 1905 total about two weeks ago that I think might be worth spending some time with.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Definite possibility. I've never lifted in a gym or with anyone else so it's just me and youtube. I've been thinking about shelling out some bucks to spend a few hours here and there with someone to help me figure out if I'm doing things in a safe manner. I found a local guy who just got a 1905 total about two weeks ago that I think might be worth spending some time with.
It might help, if you're able.
Especially since you're having a neck issue.
I had one a couple of years ago (lifting HEAVY at work), and it REALLY Sucked!

I got it worked out, but it was rough for a bit.

ANABOLICWRWLF

ANABOLICWRWLF

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
It might help, if you're able.
Especially since you're having a neck issue.
I had one a couple of years ago (lifting HEAVY at work), and it REALLY Sucked!

I got it worked out, but it was rough for a bit.
I'm sending him an email now to see about getting together at his gym sometime.

ANABOLICWRWLF

ANABOLICWRWLF

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
Stopped in to the powerlifting/strongman gym in town today and met with the owner to talk about maybe doing some personal training. They have a couple monolifts, a couple power racks, comp benches, an inverse curl machine, a nice selection of bars, atlas stones up to 300#, a 1200# tire. This place looks legit.

The guy who runs the place is 49, got a 1905# total about 3 weeks ago at a lean 192# and about 5'8" or so. He said they do a Westside style periodization schedule with frequent bar changes and a lot of band resistance. I've only ever used my cheap beater bar in my garage so that alone has me pretty excited.

Like most things in life, there's a downside. They aren't doing any classes right now and I don't know how often I'll be able to pony up the $50/hr for one-on-one with the guy. I'm definitely going to give it a go for a while at an hour a week on Saturdays but I don't know how long I can put that kinda money down. I really do feel like I owe it to myself after 5-6 years of lifting on and off to finally get some pointers and see if I've got myself on track or if I'm irreparably damaging my body with my awful form or something!:LOL:

It's a lot all at once for me coming from lifting alone in my garage. It was really cool to see all the equipment, tons of weight all over, metal on the stereo (radio metal mind you, but it still counts), some big dudes curling dumbbells I'd have to two-hand just to pick up. It seems like a good way to get myself re-energized about it all. I used to be so focused on trying to get big but all I want these days is to get stronger. Super strong. This seems like the kind of place that will help me get there.

ANABOLICWRWLF

ANABOLICWRWLF

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
So I've dun gon and joined a damn ol gym, I tell ya whut.

Today was their heavy squat day and I watched the owner hit 745 on a safety squat bar with reverse bands to a box. For y'all keeping track, I'm just a simple garage lifter so even seeing something like that with the monolift and multiple guys loading plates and running the lift was badass.

ANABOLICWRWLF

ANABOLICWRWLF

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
So this Saturday I'm going in for my first session with this trainer. We're going to test for a max on squat, bench and dead since mine has always just been an estimate based off a percentage of my 5RM. Any suggestions for prepping other than taking a couple days off of those lifts and maybe some heavy carbs Friday night?

Another thing I've been wondering about is if I should postpone my next cycle? I don't know if it would be more beneficial to run something when I first start a new style of training or if I should wait a few months and let my body get used to this first? I'm curious which approach might give better strength gains. I feel like I might be making some decent strength gains just from changing my training style anyway so the drugs might not shine like they could down the road once I've plateaued a bit.

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Love the look of that gym. You definately can build some strength and size there!

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
Another thing I've been wondering about is if I should postpone my next cycle? I don't know if it would be more beneficial to run something when I first start a new style of training or if I should wait a few months and let my body get used to this first? I'm curious which approach might give better strength gains. I feel like I might be making some decent strength gains just from changing my training style anyway so the drugs might not shine like they could down the road once I've plateaued a bit.
Imo you already said it perfect there.

ANABOLICWRWLF

ANABOLICWRWLF

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
Have 2 days left on 2nd bottle of AE. At this point anabolics are on hold until I've put some more time into new training methods to see how I am recovering naturally. I would hate to have my coach thinking something is effective for me when really it's the drugs making it work well. So those glorious goods are cabinet bound for the time being.

With that said I will go back to the plan of 3 months on AE and then blood work to see what my test levels look like. I'll be getting back on M-Test at that point and depending on the results from 3 months of AE solo I may even try the two combined for a period to see how that does.

I will probably not be updating here very often as I've started a training log to start keeping track of my progress with powerlifting training. I will pop back in here periodically or at the very least after finishing AE.

ANABOLICWRWLF

ANABOLICWRWLF

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
I started the 3rd bottle of AE I have, I'm about two weeks in. I'll be getting blood work in the next couple weeks and will update again after results.

ANABOLICWRWLF

ANABOLICWRWLF

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
Blood work post 3 month run of Anabolic Effect. Down quite a bit from 3 months ago. I'm sold on M-Test and will be using it regularly from here on!

20210406_085740.jpg

ANABOLICWRWLF

ANABOLICWRWLF

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
Well that's the end of this log. I'm going to put a final review in a post at the beginning of this thread.

NOW for the next round!