Uninformed Dr.s

Ripw4

Ripw4

Awards
Just got back from the doctor for my low libido,tiredness,etc due to having to get off the androgel because insurance dropped me..
I went in to see if injections would be a possibility since they are MUCH cheaper..
Instead..what did I get prescribed...
Yohimbine... The dr. reffered to it as herbal testosterone..

Jesus H christ..
He said if I dont see results he will refer me to a urologist..
I cant wait..

Why is it so hard for many docs to understand low testosterone is a serious issue with some of us.. The home life sucks when the lady is not happy..not to mention how tired I have been..
enough rant..Ill wait till I see the urologist and maybe he will help me.

Ripw4

Ripw4

Awards
YEA I know.. I have never done a steroid cycle in my life either..
I guess I just got bad luck...
I am not Super low..just low normal..307 to be exact..
low enough to cause problems.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I think it's because docs probably see a lot of people trying to con their way into getting rx AS.

mmorpheuss

mmorpheuss

Awards
  • Established
I think it's because docs probably see a lot of people trying to con their way into getting rx AS.
True.

Not to mention testosterone is an evil hormone anyway. How much do you really need? If all men had low levels of testosterone it would probably be good for society.

:run:

Seriously though,as much as AAS has been demonized in the media I've talked to quite a few people who feel this way. Test=Evil.
I hope you find a doc that will help you bro.

Last edited:
jomi822

jomi822

Banned
Awards
  • Established
How does $2.5 dollars per 2 weeks sound...thats how much it would cost you if you obtained steroids illegally.

a 10ml bottle of testosterone enanthate costs between $22-30. If you were prescribed a testosterone shot then it would be either testosterone enanthate or testosterone undecoanate (test undocoanate lasts longer than enanthate).

A one CC (equal to 1 ml) shot every 1.5-2 weeks and you would be happy, you muscles and libido would be happy, and your woman would be happy.

Test E is usually dosed at 250mg/ml. One ml is an acceptable HRT dose from what i know...maybe Dr. John can jump in here im sure he knows.

if doctors want to F%uck with you then give them the finger and do what you know needs to be done.

i one had a doctor inform me in one sitting-
-nolvadex can in no way shape or form affect testosterone levels

-testicle size has nothing to do with testosterone production

-testosterone production has nothing to do with erectile difficulty

do you trust doctors? i dont.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Test E is usually dosed at 250mg/ml. One ml is an acceptable HRT dose from what i know...maybe Dr. John can jump in here im sure he knows.
I'm not him, but I assure you 250mg/w is very high for TRT in just about all cases. Maybe 250mg E2W would be more reasonable.

jomi822

jomi822

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I'm not him, but I assure you 250mg/w is very high for TRT in just about all cases. Maybe 250mg E2W would be more reasonable.
Yes well enan lasts about 2 weeks. I actually said one CC (250mg shot) once every 1.5-2 weeks. Im not sure what that works out to with test undecoanate

$2.5-3 per every weeks isnt bad for HRT...id love to know how much androgel costs, even with insurance. i know my dad takes it i will have to ask.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
id love to know how much androgel costs, even with insurance. i know my dad takes it i will have to ask.
Your looking at $230 out of pocket for 5g/d for 30 days. My co-pay was $30 until it exceded my annual limit. I'll have you know that is 1.5g of test for $230. Your points are valid. But nothing we are going to change here on the baord.

Ripw4

Ripw4

Awards
Androgel was 230 per month at 5g/d
You could go with the cheaper testim at the same dosage but you only save 10 dollars at 220 a month..

I seriously debated obtaining test myself doing online bloodwork and using the board as my doctor but my head tells me that I would end up doing more harm than good.

Although this board has some of the smartest people I have had the pleasure of talking with..There is no replacement for a face to face doctor visit IMO...

Of course..If Dr. John wants to treat me for free(including medication)...then by all means I withdraw all the above statements :D
just kidding..I will hopefully have an appointment with the urologist in 2 weeks..

jomi822

jomi822

Banned
Awards
  • Established
In the meantime you might want to pick up some DHEA. This will convert to androstenedione which in turn will convert to test. It is the only precursor to survive the 2004 ban and is meant as a therapeutic hormone booster for the elderly.

100-200 mgs a day will boost your testosterone up to the point where you will feel right as rain.

DHEA is around $13 a bottle

S

shugga

Awards
Speaking of uniformed Dr.'s, when I got prescribed the androgel, I asked about estrogen. He had no ambition at all to even test for estrogen. He actually told me that if estrogen went up we would need to over-power the receptor site with testosterone. He said it was a ratio and we would just need to keep upping the testosterone. I took the script for the androgel and ran.
I have now found a doc that knows what he is doing. Actually that's not going him enough justice. He is an expert it terms of HRT. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to name him. ;) Should have read the forum rules better, I guess.

P

pmgamer18

Awards
  • Established
Ripw4 you need to find a new Dr. kick this one to the curb. Yohimbine will drive up your BP and if your Estradiol is on the high side like mine is you can end up feeling panic or have an attack. Read the new Sticky "Finding a New Dr." then go to this link and click on Find a Dr. next put in your state and start calling Dr.'s ask how many men does the Dr. treat for low T and if he tests to see why one is low. Ask if the Dr. test for High Estradiol and if one is high does he use Arimidex to treat it. Also ask if he Dr. uses HCG in his treatment. You will know when you have found a good one. You need to call and ask these questions because a lot signed up on this site and are not good.
National Testosterone Tune-Up

As for doing TRT without a Dr. you have got to be kidding me. Do you have any idea the things that can go wrong on TRT thick blood is just one that can kill you.
Phil

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
You too Dr.John? I thought I was the only one that had no bills. These people that keep calling the house don't agree with me though. I think they are from France ><

Ripw4

Ripw4

Awards
thanks for all the advice and info guys..And of course I was kidding Doc!

W

wildfox

Awards
  • Established
Just got back from the doctor for my low libido,tiredness,etc due to having to get off the androgel because insurance dropped me..
I went in to see if injections would be a possibility since they are MUCH cheaper..
Instead..what did I get prescribed...
Yohimbine... The dr. reffered to it as herbal testosterone..

Jesus H christ..
He said if I dont see results he will refer me to a urologist..
I cant wait..
Dude, F that. Yohimbine: tried it once, had to go on Ativan just to relax. Made me very anxious and paranoid.

A urologist specializes in "the pipes", not the hormones.

I went to several endocrinologists (the hormone guys...the last one I went to didn't know what Arimidex was, but I digress) and MDs. Finally found a DO that knew what he was DOing. :) I'm happier now. It takes time to tune it, but it's worth doing things the right way.

WF

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
rrgg Anabolics 10